Shattered Rift

Mansionverse Role Play

"I don't think that would be an issue - games being run at the same time as the relic hunt, I mean," Traj said, frowning. "I mean, how long does Shattered expect it to go on? I was thinking the Werewolf Lounge might be where I searched next anyhow, though. Plus it's situated under a tower - I don't know if that matters at all, but it's something."

He chewed his lower lip for a moment, thinking.

"I don't know about the member quarters, either. Putting a relic in a random room on the off chance that some member takes it for their own smacks of either unnecessary randomness or favoritism, neither of which strike me as particularly Shattered-esque. I'm not opposed to checking it out, though, once we've checked the Werewolf Lounge, if we can't think of anything better." He shrugged, shifting his weight. Talking to Liz was all very well, and making plans was great, but Traj still felt the itch to be on the move.

He started down the staircase and looked over his shoulder at Liz with an inquiring glance, as if to ask, You coming?

"Oh, random question. Feel free not to answer if it's private, but I'm curious - did you have a wish in mind, if you found a relic?"

Star frowned, having stopped sliding once they'd gotten to the balcony, and Sparkbot's slight tick did not go unnoticed by her. She reached out a touched the android's shoulder lightly.

"Sparky...are you okay?"

Mildly disappointed that she could check out the prisms of glass in the giant wolf's eye more closely, Celairiel was also quite relieved. What if climbing were both safe and possible, but her fear of heights froze her up anyways? That would have been beyond lame. To know that it wasn't even an option was less taunting than knowing her own terror kept her from the adventure.

At Star's question, Cel turned to the bot. Having never interacted with him before, she took his pauses in stride. Processing time, or something. But Stars's concern indicated that they were out of character. She watched him more closely as he answered the question.

"The site's fragile enough as-is," Liz mused as she glided after Trajectory. "I don't think he intends for the hunt to run on too long, but why take the risk? Anyway, it sounds like you've already ransacked the place." She punctuated her sentence with a small chuckle.

"Too bad we can only get into one tower at a time. I'd love to see if that... feature is present in all of them. The door-thing, I mean." Her descent down the stairs was nearly silent this time save for the quiet flapping of the long skirt of her coat. The dramatic flare it gave was one of the few things Liz knew to be maintained in the real world. It was simply an awesome coat.

Traj's question hardly caught her by surprise, and she started thinking... but at the same time her lips started moving, too. Had her voice dropped a few notes in pitch?

"I... do. Its somewhat... private, though." Liz admitted quietly. "If Sparkbot is right, though, we should each hopefully be able to get our own wish at once... is yours one you're willing to share?"

Reaching the end of the stairs Liz paused for Traj's reply. She gripped the head of the banister with her left hand stretched behind her, using more force than seemed necessary - her knuckles were nearly white with the effort. 

Sparkbot gave no reaction to the physical touch, but he did answer. “Sparkbot is okay,” he said. Nothing about his demeanor indicated otherwise. His next words felt fitting. “Sparkbot has a preference not to be damaged. Sparkbot was testing for movement boundaries and did not find any. Sparkbot does not know what would happen if a member were to fall from the balcony.” It was here that he glanced back towards the balcony for a moment. “Sparkbot would prefer not to find out.”

Star thought she remembered Traj telling her at some point that Sparkbot had some ticks and quirks. Maybe that's what was wrong. Even having not been around the android very often, she still didn't feel convinced that he was 'okay.'

"Just okay?" Star smiled at Sparkbot, "Not 'great' or 'awesome' or 'fantastic?'" She looked out over the edge of the balcony and made a low hum, "Mm. So, what if we threw something over the edge to test it out?" She didn't seem like she was willing to try it at the moment as she went ahead and walked down to the first floor parlor, stopping to take a look around and see if she could spy anything interesting that might indicate further investigations were needed.

Traj looked down and away as Liz turned the question back on him.

"It's silly and you'd laugh at me" came out in a rush as his hand went to the back of his neck, then came forward to make a fist around the dogtag at his neck, covering the inscription on it. With an almost convulsive gesture, he shoved it underneath the neck of his t-shirt before turning back to face Liz, a grin fixed on his face as though it belonged there.

"Anyway," Traj continued easily, leaning negligently on the banister, apparently without a care, "that's just Plan B. Plan A... well, you'll think that one's silly too, but I don't mind sharing that one. Just not here."

Traj flashed a grin at Liz once more and turned away, leading the way to the Werewolf Lounge. As soon as his back was to Liz, Traj's face dropped the devil-may-care grin and his eyes darkened to a stormy gray-green. His fingertips brushed the front of his shirt once before he fixed a smile on his face again. Glancing over his shoulder, he called, "You coming?"

That was... unexpected.

Liz was pretty sure the thought was hers (or, at worst, she felt agreement with the other). Traj's slip had hardly been subtle, and had she been less distracted she would've probably snatched a glance at the dogtag before he'd turned and it was shoved out of sight. Mentally she scorned herself for being slow on the uptake. Physically she released the bannister and rolled her shoulders as she straightened her spine. 

"I wouldn't laugh at you," Her voice was softer and she tried to sound reassuring. "But if you don't want to talk about it, that's your call." She reached out to touch him on the shoulder, but quickly pulled back as Traj turned around suddenly. Her hands were safely shoved back into her pockets before his gaze could find them, she hoped. 

When her friend took up the lead again Liz took a moment to pull up her VI before following. She shoved the map to one side of the screen and opened a new PM dialogue, typing blindly as she walked. 

What about here? Or do you mean offsite entirely?

She was sure the delay would be small enough that Traj would remember the stream of conversation, and with a tap the PM was sent to the figure a few feet ahead of her. Liz closed the message interface and opened the avatar control panel, scrolling idly through as they made their way towards the Werewolf Lounge. Even though temperature was not a construct that the mansion seemed to enforce rigorously, she found the heavy wool coat restrictive. If she was going to be ransacking rooms, her outfit needed to be a bit more...

"Ah." With a satisfied sigh Liz punched in her selection, pausing in her steps as outfit shifted. Her heavy wool coat disappeared to be replaced by a black zipper sweatshirt, a lowenbrau lion above four greek letters (gamma, delta, beta, and gamma) screened on the back and on the breast. Her pants shrunk to black shorts with rolled cuffs at mid-thigh but left the silver knee-high boots in place. Her shirt was replaced by a dark green tanktop that fluttered loosely around her midriff and was tight around the bosom. A crow taking flight had been bleached out of the shirt with an artistic sprinkling of splatter. From her wrist she pulled a black ribbon loop with a few blue-black feathers at the knot and pulled her hair up and into a low ponytail. 

"Now I'm ready." From the pocket of her newly formed sweatshirt Liz fished a hefty multitool, holding it up to the light with a grin. "I wonder how much I can piss off Rift today..."

Cel grinned at the similarities in "preference" between Sparkbot and Rift. "Don't worry. I don't like heights either." 

Following Star to the stairwell, Celairiel jumped on the banister. Now she was all geared up to push her fears, test her limits. Sliding down a railing was apparently the best she was going to get. Bounding off at full speed as she reached the bottom, Cel nearly tripped over a raised platform. Just as she caught her balance, she realized what she was looking at and instead dropped to her knees with perfect control.

Running her hands along the ebony inset, Cel's eyes admired the darkly stunning art. I really didn't look at anything on my way up to the announcement, did I? I was running late and really wanted to be there for Rift. This is beautiful.

"Hey, Star, how's this for symbolic, prominent, accessible potential hiding place for clues or relics?" She grinned over her shoulder at the other girl. "I wonder what the dais is used for?"

Rolling onto her back while she waited for Star to join her, Cel lined her head up with the wolf's eye and inspected the room from the unusual angle. 

Edited by Celairiel

Bed wasn't able to get his lobster but he was content with the steak that appeared in front of him. Leaning forward, Bed examined the strange black drink beside his steak. He assumed it was some sort of alcoholic beverage because it was in the form of a shot glass.  Seeing how dense the liquid was made him feel like it was especially valuable

"Definitely going to save that for later," he said in his mind.

What he really needed was a good drink to keep him hydrated while consuming a high protein meal. Food probably didn't have that kind of effect in virtual reality but Bed had a habit of forgetting the difference. He also felt that clearing his mouth throughout the course of the meal would amplify the flavor of the steak. He ordered a glass of water.

Bed grabbed his plate and drink, then motioned toward one of the booths by the window. His foot got caught on a barstool and Bed embarrassingly jiggled around on one foot while trying to balance his meal and drink. When he recovered he let out a stressful sigh. 

The meal and drinks traveled to the booth safely and slowly... one by one. 

Cutting the steak revealed medium rare. "Just how I like it," said Bed in his mind. Biting into his first piece caused Bed to let out a moan, "ungh." The steak tasted too good in virtual reality. Each bite squeezed out buttery flavor that enamored Bed's mouth. Bed made sure to chew thoroughly to get as much juices out as possible before swallowing the entire piece. He drank his water hastily in preparation for the next piece.

Bed made a status update: "eating godly steak. truly a trsr #freetrsr"

A second thought tempted Bed to delete his status update. What if everyone came and thought he was talking about relics? He merely wanted to share something he liked but he didn't want trouble. So Bed deleted his update and made another one: "eating godly steak. truly a trsr. no relics here"

Sparkbot is just okay,” Sparkbot said. “Sparkbot is not great, awesome, or fantastic. However, Nebiros has used the former two words when describing Sparkbot's actions in the past.” Nothing in his tone suggested self-deprecation. He was merely affirming that his mood was as he said it was. To ensure clarity, he specified, “Sparkbot is operating at functional capacity.” Following Star and Cel downstairs didn't change anything in his expression, either. He looked as he always had. Only his words and his movements on the parlor balcony had indicated that anything was wrong before.

ooc| As a point of clarification, the dais isn't actually raised off the floor. It curves upward, providing a sort of rather large “bump” as it were, but it's still part of the floor.

bic| The floor of the parlor was elaborate but simple. Doors exited to the two hallways that ran along the length of the Mansion, and another two doors went beneath the balcony and into Random Chat. Couches were spaced along the walls beneath the balcony, and subtle lights overhead offered illumination where there would otherwise be shadow. Well overhead, the glass ceiling of the Mansion revealed a full moon outside.

The full moon was the first thing for Cel to notice from her vantage point. The ceiling was a skylight that filled the parlor's entire ceiling, three stories overhead. On the second floor was the balcony, and slits in the railing revealed hints of the couches upstairs that she had passed by on her way down. The staircase and doorway to the elevator were also visible, though part of the door was obscured from this angle. The stained glass window was beautiful, and its position was almost too perfect, the subtle curve of the dais somehow positioning the werewolf's eye to look directly at it.

Shattered Rift rested his chin in his hands on top of his desk. The desk and a simple bed were the only furnishings in his personal quarters, making the room quite empty, especially considering its large size. It wasn't as big as the forums, but the administrator's quarters were quite spacious nonetheless. His wall, however, was full of open screens. Directly in front of him, a crooked and misplaced layout for SparkComic was still in development. All around him, covering the wall, he was watching a dozen members and rooms all at once.

He couldn't follow everything, especially when his eyes kept flickering shut from exhaustion, but he knew that Trajectory had discovered the scope of what was possible in the Werewolf forum. Would he choose to methodically test every possible arrangement? Would he find hints, real or imagined, suggesting that particular arrangements might yield secrets? Or would he defer to easier searches? Liz, meanwhile, had been intent on the Door to Nowhere. Rift liked the name, and he wondered how long it would take for the Door's secret to be revealed.

Sparkbot had said more than Rift had ever expected. He didn't realize that Sparkbot's memory of item testing was still so strong, nor did he realize that Sparkbot's improved programming would allow him to start making connections the way he had. Rift was grateful, though. He had failed to encourage the camaraderie and teamwork he should have with the relics search. He should have known that people would go back to their old, individualistic ways. But Sparkbot had begun to put teams together, unwittingly helping Rift and improving the community. He would be sure to give Sparkbot an N.A.T. Oil Shot later. It was funny that Bed had randomly gotten one.

Bed, too, had been helpful. Rift hadn't realized the problem with Random Chat, the things he'd forgotten, and he berated himself for releasing the room after only its first draft. He could easily fix it in the morning. He hoped. There was so much to do, and keeping his eyes open was so difficult. But he was happy. And the members seemed happy. He would join them in the morning, if he had the time. If he couldn't, he hoped that the relics wouldn't all be found before he made some headway on his work.

Cel took a deep breath in. Staring up at the glowing moon, she peace settle over her for the first time since she'd entered the Mansion late that afternoon. Before Star could reply to her questions, Cel silently gestured an invitation to lay on the emblem and enjoy the serenity of the newly-fallen night.

Just a moment. Just a moment of quiet before I dive back into whatever I've gotten myself into here.

Traj's VI lit up with a message from Liz as he hit the top of the stairs, and he stopped for a moment to compose a reply as she caught up.

Nah, I don't mind talking about it, just not out where other people can hear. I'll tell you when we get to the Lounge.

Hitting Send, he took a moment to admire Liz's new outfit.

"Talk about a quick change. Maybe I ought to do the same..." Traj looked down at himself. His t-shirt was comfortable enough, and the ferocious pink wolf with a heart on its belly made him smile. His jeans were comfortable too - broken in by lots of wear, with the right knee torn out and a rip from the bottom of the left leg up to about mid-calf. Traj frowned. There wasn't really anything he wanted to change.

Then he saw that Liz had put her hair up, and mentally smacked himself. Pulling up the avatar screen, Traj scrolled through the options for a moment before touching the interface once. Tying the aquamarine bandana around his head to keep his hair out of his eyes, he glanced sidelong at Liz.

"I can't be bothered to get a haircut," he grumbled. It wasn't quite long enough to put up in a tail, as Liz had done, but the bandana would serve to keep it out of his face.

Looking down, he saw celairiel spread-eagled out on the floor below. Traj furrowed his brow. What was she looking at? Looking up himself, he noticed, for the first time, that the Mansion's ceiling was glass and framed the full moon perfectly.

Of course it would be a full moon. Traj bit his lip and looked at Liz, gesturing down the staircase.

"Shall we?"

"Functional capacity is okay then." Star agreed with Sparkbot, having had the thought in her head next to ask him his status in those exact words.

As Star looked towards the direction Cel's voice came from as she came down to the floor, her eyes widened in appreciation for a piece of beauty she hadn't considered possible to be part of the Mansion. Was she so preoccupied with making it to Rift's meeting that she hadn't stopped to smell the roses? Apparently.

Stepping into the moonlight, Star twitched a little and looked up, eyes going wide again at the equally gorgeous sight above her and having to resist letting out a howl of appreciation. As she lowered her gaze--eyes flashing, almost glowing, briefly--she spied Traj standing above, almost wishing she would catch his eye as she knew that he had also just seen the glorious silver orb and the shimmering light that cascaded down to envelop the dais below in pale luminescence. Did he seem more uncomfortable at the sight? Did he not remember those times long ago when, once gathered, the pa-

The moment passed as she dropped her gaze, slightly shaking her head to bring her mind back to the present.

Where did that come from? She asked herself as she continued her action of sitting next to Cel, hoping no one noticed the slight hitch in her steps.

She remembered Cel's question as she sat and it led to a still-reverent--she hadn't shaken off the moment before as much as she thought--shrugging of her shoulders, but she found she could not speak about it just yet, and hoping Cel would understand that she had no clue as to whether the dais would reveal a relic or not.

Finding her voice, she gestured to Sparkbot and patted her hand against the floor next to her a couple of times, hoping he might sit with them for a moment even if he did not ever feel the need to sit.

"So, Sparky. Were you programmed to appreciate aesthetics and beauty, or do you simply acknowledge functionality and form? Maybe you're a symmetry kind of 'bot?" She lay back as she spoke and put her hands behind her head to stare upwards through the ceiling, finding that the view almost mesmerized her even as she bent one leg at the knee and rested the opposite ankle across it.

"Peaceful." 

Still wanted to howl though...

((OOC: EDIT: Meant to pat the floor and not just gesture wildly at it too xD))

Edited by TheLastStarMaker

Sparkbot followed Cel and Star, nearing the dais, but the gesture to sit was lost on him. He did, after a few moments, glance up at the skylight and notice the moon, but he gave no reaction to the view. “Sparkbot prefers functionality and efficiency,” Sparkbot said, gaze returning down to Star and Cel. “The parlor is efficiently lit during the day by the skylight. During the night the effectiveness depends on the current lunar phase. Tonight, the full moon makes it effective.”

After another couple of seconds of silence, Star sighed and sat back up.

"Well, I guess I outta log." She pulled up her VI, "You guys keep searching though, alright? I'm not gonna be back around for a while...so Sparky you gotta watch out for Cel, yah hear?" 

Star grinned at the both of them, nodding 'good-bye' and then hitting the 'sign out' button. 

Her image shimmered slightly and started to fade away. She gave one last wave as she disappeared, her smile seeming to be the last thing to go.

Close enough to Traj to read over his shoulder as he composed his PM, she slowly leaned in and waited for him to hit 'send'. When a soft chime sounded in her ear to alert her to a new message she said (with more volume than their proximity required), "OK!", and quickly pulled back while wearing a particularly self-satisfied grin.

"You know, this is a virtual world, you don't need to get a haircut. You can just have shorter hair." With Traj's own wardrobe changes (as minor as they were) complete, Liz proceeded at Traj's indication. Her own gaze wandered briefly to the ceiling, and she took note of the moon's position relative to the mansion. Considering the importance of werewolves to Rift's plot and the fact that the Mansion's universe, strictly speaking, didn't require a moon or the phases of the moon, she suspected at least one of the relics (or a clue leading to such) would be tied up in something connected to the phases of the moon. She made a mental note to check on the door-that-wasn't-a-door in a few hours when the moon's position had shifted, to see if anything had been changed or activated.

Cel, Star, and Sparky caught her attention from the corner of her eye as Liz descended the stairs. It took her a few moments to quite parse what they were doing, however. 

A wolf's place is to stare at the moon. A crow's place is to steal that jewel away. 

"Be quiet!" Liz quietly hissed, seemingly to no one. Realizing she'd spoken aloud she coughed and returned to looking ahead. Not too long after, they arrived at the doors to the Werewolf Lounge. The multitool reappeared in her left hand with the flashlight attachment (because in the Mansionverse, why shouldn't a multitool have *everything*?) active, and her right hand started tracing along the details of the door. Satisfied with her inspection she pushed the door open and crossed the threshold, pausing to look around in detail. 

Bed swallowed the last piece of his steak and drank a sip of water. With his eyes closed he slid down his chair slowly. He took a few moments to think about his meal. And then it hit him. Something was strange. Usually he would feel quite full. Something felt different and he couldn't really say what. "Oh well," he thought. "Onto the drink."

He stared at the shot glass in front of him and hesitated for a moment. He sniffed it a little but couldn't tell what it was. "Hmm," said Bed. The rule was to not ask questions and to drink it all at once. 

"Here we go," said Bed.

In one big gulp, Bed swallowed the liquid. The inside of his mouth stained black like ink. Bed's two hands cupped his mouth and he fell over onto the ground with a great thud. The disaster left Bed in a "lagged" state for a few seconds as if the drink wasn't something intended for normal consumption. The silence of the room crept in and then Bed let out a big gasp. As much as he tried, he couldn't purge the black liquid out. What happens to food or drink after consumption was a mystery in itself and Bed had no idea what was going on. He used what was left of his water to wash his mouth out. All that was good about meals and steak was now dead to him. Bed cursed the place and quickly left the Cafeteria. 

Cel was a bit startled by the process of logging out, but turned back to the moon, basking in the cool light for another moment.

But only a moment. This floor wasn't exactly comfortable. Celairiel sat up, looked around, and decided to relocate to one of the many couches lining the walls. 

Pulling her VI up, Celairiel changed her vote back for the tower windows. She'd seen Traj and Liz come down the stairs and assumed they were finished for the time being. She then began to peruse the rest of the tools. Glancing over topics in the SparkWiki, she made a mental note to read it later in more detail. Who knew what hints she might pick up simply by learning about the world she was entering? Looking at the map, she clicked on one of the private rooms. Rather than pulling a room view up, it instead gave her a small notice "Room not yet assigned. Select room?" Clicking on the no button, Cel looked over the entire hall. Selecting a room near the center of the hall and facing east, she this time punched "yes."

Smiling contentedly, Celairiel began to scroll through options for her room. Long carpet, heavy curtains, two big bucket chairs. In the closet she placed a small desk and hung a row of cubbies to hold knickknacks in. Not that she really had anything in this virtual world. Just the clothes her avatar wore and the VI which wasn't exactly a thing. As a final thought, she added some throw pillows and a couple of fluffy blankets. Hopefully the room would now be sufficiently inviting for when she first went in. Further details could be arranged while there.  

"Sparkbot, what do you want to do next? And I can have visitors in my room, right?" Having two chairs was only wishful thinking otherwise. 

With Star gone, hopefully Sparky would show some creativity. If not, decorating the room could take up some time. But the Mansion was still a strange place, and Cel didn't really yet belong. 

“Sparkbot will watch out for Celairiel,” Sparkbot said. “Good night, TheLastStarMaker.” As soon as she was gone, his gaze turned to Cel. He waited, infinitely patient, as she selected her room and looked over the settings.

“Sparkbot wants to watch out for Celairiel,” Sparkbot said proudly, as if this was the right answer. “You may invite up to two members into your quarters at a time. You must be present while they are in your quarters.”

ooc| Cel, I'm going to retcon your setting up furniture in your room from the VI. It feels like something that should be done from within the room itself. (Feel free to copy/paste your arrangement over when the time comes.)

Bed, is there anywhere in particular that you want to head to? You could meet up with Cel. (I'm going to put her segment on hold and wait for your answer.)

bic| The lounges had no doors, being simply open commons areas, and the Werewolf Lounge was no different in this way. However, where General Lounge was filled with tables and chairs and the occasional couch, the Werewolf Lounge was designed very much like the Werewolf forum. A giant long table stretched most of the lounge's length, but this table lacked the customizable features of its sibling in the forum. This one was merely a table surrounded by chairs. More typical Werewolf games could be played in the lounge, and the lounge offered the chance for multiple games to be played concurrently once the member base was large enough to support such a venture. An even smaller play area existed near the west window, where four couches faced each other to support at least twelve players in an even more relaxed environment. The staircase in the corner of the room led towards another member lounge.

ooc| okay I meet up with cel. I was going to reread where everything is at and the descriptions since I forgot. Got to do that...

Celairiel's VI beeped at her "Room Re-designs Suspended Until Room is Occupied."

She leaned back her head and let out a soft groan. Well now what? She didn't want to just hide in her quarters, but Sparky, though sweet, wasn't exactly a great companion here. A second later, she flipped back to the map. Clicking through the rooms, she started noting who was where. Maybe there was someone she'd met already still in the Mansion. Someone who would be ok with her tagging around with them. 

Just as she scrolled past the Parlor again, she realized there were three names listed; Sparkbot, Celairiel, Bed. Looking up, Cel saw a tall young man in a pink hat. She jumped off the couch and stepped forward. 

"Hi Bed! We met earlier, not sure if you remember. Glad you came by, I was just looking around to see if anyone was up to anything." She hugged him in greeting, reverting to her natural tenancies as her tension of a few moments prior released. "What have you been up to?" Hopefully I'll relax one of these days. I shouldn't be this excited to see someone I've just barely met.

(Edit: misread Bed's post)

Edited by Celairiel

ooc| Well, I reread almost everything... this is what I think the mansion looks like. It's only meant for reference for me and maybe it can help some people see where everything is? I don't know. You can make your own map if you just search "room maker" on google. It's really easy to use, anyone can do it if you put in some time. You can add windows and chairs and tables and more.

1st floor

2nd floor

3rd floor

bic|

Bed entered the 2nd floor in a bit of a daze. For some time, he was quite lost. He didn't know what was where and where was what. A scrap piece of paper with a quick sketch of the 1st floor was in his left hand. He made some notes about the cafeteria, something about "strange food," "bad service," and "free food."  The member's lounge was where he wanted to go to re-evaluate his map.

From the parlor, Bed met Celairiel. He strengthened his composure and prepared to greet her.

Before he knew it, Celairiel had hugged him and whatever composure he had was now lost. His form became frozen unable to hug back. Bed immediately looked down at Celairiel's shoes to hide his face.

"...hi," said Bed in a voice too soft to be heard. Looking back up, he smiled as it was his "go-to" expression when he's nervous. An awkward silence followed. Bed was taking too long to answer Celairiel's question. He was well aware of his proneness to awkwardness and so he started speaking before he knew what to say.

"Well, I, uhh..." explained Bed. He told her about random chat and how great the food there was and that it was all for free. 

"The random drink could be really bad. The one I got was like dirty oil." Bed looked at Sparkbot and nodded at him, not realizing that the oil was something Sparkbot could drink.
Edited by Bed

Dang it! Hugging isn't cool here I guess... Cel sighed internally. She knew she couldn't keep beating herself up for every mistake. Listening to Bed, she tried to gague how best to act around him.

"I didn't realize there was a cafeteria here. I mean, we don't exactly need to eat. Then again, we don't exactly need to sit, but I enjoyed the couch just fine." She smiled up at him, trying to be friendly but not overwhelming. She stepped back, giving Bed some extra personal space. "I'm glad it's nice food. If it was fast food only, that would be kinda lame. I'd love to try it out sometime. Have you checked anything else out yet? I tried climbing the stained glass, but I couldn't. I've only really looked around a bit in here."

The darkness overhead was making Cel feel like it was either time to dance or time to sleep, however neither option seemed particularly reasonable right now.

"Do you want to check a new room with me? Any suggestions of where to start? We could finish in here, then just go down the hall here on the first floor, if that sounds good to you."

ooc| The scale's a bit off (the lounges on the first floor are bigger), but yeah, that's a pretty basic idea. I'll see if I get the time to draw up something more accurate.

bic| “Hello, Bed,” Sparkbot said while Celairiel's arms were still tightly wrapped around the new addition to their group. Bed's relative silence didn't change Sparkbot's expectant but patient gaze, watching and waiting and then listening as Bed recounted his experience in Random Chat. When it was finished, Sparkbot spoke. “Sparkbot assumes that Bed randomly selected the N.A.T. Oil Shot. The oil is quite clean when first added to the shot, and the dirty appearance is a result of the addition of squid ink. The N.A.T. Oil Shot is Sparkbot's favorite drink, though Sparkbot is unable to taste the salty and spicy flavor. Shattered Rift has said that the N.A.T. Oil Shot is 'savory but way too thick.'”