Sign in to follow this  
auhin

Hey guys... Old X-Evo person here

Auhin!

... wait, out of the blue? So you didn't get the mass email I sent out a weekish ago? Or at the start of the year mentioning the software update?

You still writing Final Fantasy fanfics?

I really didn't get that email. In fact, I think my old account on here was deleted. I couldn't log in. I tried all my passwords and possible usernames. ;p 

But don't worry about it.

No, I'm not really writing much of anything these days. My last finished project was way back in 2009, and it was an original story. (also its prequel, which I wrote in 2007.)

Everything since then has been incomplete. Original, but incomplete. 

College is going well. One more year left. I feel super old though, and I'm only 21. 

Yeah, all of the old accounts were lost when we updated the forum software.

It's too bad you haven't been writing. I don't think I finished reading the story you were working on at the time, but I do remember enjoying what I read of it.

You're super old? I'm 25, man. You're one of the youngins around here. But yeah, that's how life goes. You hit 21, you can suddenly do everything there is to do, and age stops mattering... and eventually you have to think to remember how old you actually are.

Yeah, but I guess it has more to do with my memory. I started at X-Evo at age 11, I'm pretty sure. I've been through so many iterations of that forum... I can remember being active in middle school and all through high school. It's like a weird touchstone for my life. 

I want to write again, I really do. Last summer I started a story. Since then, I've just been brainstorming characters and such, and trying to not go crazy as I adjust to the adult world and whatnot. I feel like our generation (or maybe just me) is so stuck in kid-mode sometimes. Is being a fiction author really a viable career option? I mean, I really never expected to have any great success in that field. I always prayed that I could "make it", but it would be ludicrous to put all my eggs in one basket. If I can write stories to entertain my friends, then I have succeeded. That's the way I see it, anyway. 

My major is Computer Science, but I'm still adjusting to that ever-expanding body of knowledge. And I probably always will be adjusting to it. I still have the crazy idea I might like teaching high schoolers some day. 

That's it from me, man. I have been extraordinarily blessed by God and I intend to glorify Him in all I write, say, everything. 

*sigh* So what's fun around here?

Ah, right, I'd totally forgotten that you'd been around X-Evo longer than anybody else. And I'd forgotten that X-Evo is older than Sparkbomb. (Sparkbomb will hit ten years this September.)

It's been going on for several generations now, and it's been getting progressively worse. Fight Club made the point back in '99 in the scene where... er, he's giving a speech about how society made promises or something. And it just resonates. It's the exact same all of us are feeling now over a decade later. I think it might have originated back in the 70s during the hippie movement (or came shortly after it, since that generation was pretty united as a result of that movement).

Novelist is a valid career option, but you have to be really good about managing your money, and you have to be willing to be a starving author, as the saying goes. Writing was one of the things that convinced me to revive Sparkbomb a few months ago. I really want to write Sparkverse stories. I've been having a heck of a time getting anything to come out decently. The Mansion's coming together, though, and it's funny because that's the story I wasn't giving nearly as much thought to at the time.

Computer Science degrees seem to be solid enough, depending on where you go for them. I know the programs in Washington State are pretty competitive. And I think they transition well to the workplace. That's another big thing: make sure that you line up a job before you get out of college. There should be some assistance and stuff with that, especially if you're going into your last year. The last thing you want is to get out of college, have your degree, and be asking, "Now what?"

Good to hear that God's been treating you well. He hasn't been treating me too badly, either.

As for what's fun around here... you never got into Werewolf, did you? That's one of the main things. We're going to be hosting our annual All-Stars/Reunion game in about a month. It's shaping up to be including a good 30+ players at this point, I think. You probably won't recognize anyone except the Sparkbombers in the room, though. I haven't had much luck tracking down X-Evoers. Lazermon said he wanted to join in, but he hasn't reregistered yet. I already mentioned The Mansion and its corresponding role play to you. There are also a handful of threads that have died down but might still interest you (and could always be revived). All in all, take a look around, see if anything catches your eye.

Inju!!

Dude I was beginning to think the X-evoers were lost to the sands of time.

Glad to hear you're doing well.

You people are still young 'uns even if Inju was Grandpa Inju in the X-evo family tree.

I'll be 27 one week from today

Hey Stratus! What's up?

Reviving dead threads sounds like fun. I'll take a look around. I might actually have a lot of free time this summer. I do right now anyway. We'll see.

Whoa... Inju? How's it goin', man? Talk about a blast from the past!

This is actually my first post on the new forums (lurker and proud!), but I'd say this is an occasion worthy of breaking my posting duct. Nice to hear from you again.

I've gotta ask the question, though ... What on earth made you suddenly stop and think (after all this time) - "Hey, I wonder how those guys on Sparkbomb are doing?" - I mean, that's just ... damn, you're random! Haha.

Soon comeback soon!

We miss you and how we all swoon.

Inju join mansionverse roleplay. It's like rping yourself in universe. Like HaX style rp.

If I ever finished Out of the Ashes you would know how the soul of the great mage Amoss became trapped within the body of the bear Lixyl.

Inju: There's Digimon on YouTube? ... Better get in there and watch it quick, 'cause it'll no doubt get taken down soon. And you better be watchin' the subbed version, bub! (Something tells me that you're too much of a nostalgia buff for that. ;P)

Blacjack: ... Do I know you, good sir?

Stratus: Oh, god. Maybe I should start practicing some kind of sexy wink? With a cutesy little wave thrown in for good measure, perhaps...?

Dang it! I missed the timing for the proper joke!

(I assume this is the least effective Mega Pyro Sphere in the history of Mega Pyro Spheres?)

Inju: There's Digimon on YouTube? ... Better get in there and watch it quick, 'cause it'll no doubt get taken down soon. And you better be watchin' the subbed version, bub! (Something tells me that you're too much of a nostalgia buff for that. ;P)

Oh! This reminds me, and you might not know yet: apparently Netflix has subs of Adventure, Zero Two, and Tamers, all available to the masses (the masses that have Netflix, anyway).

Shattered & Stratus: Yeah, but I've heard it's got pretty crappy subs. They call most Digimon and attacks by their English Dubbed names, and even use the phrase "Digivolution". Ugh... No thanks. Besides, I don't have Netflix.

Inju: I know my man! ;) ... Haven't spoken to you in years, but I still know my man.

You're super old? I'm 25, man. You're one of the youngins around here. But yeah, that's how life goes. You hit 21, you can suddenly do everything there is to do, and age stops mattering... and eventually you have to think to remember how old you actually are.

Well, you know, at 25 you can finally rent a car!!!!

... /coughs

And I'm certainly one to talk seeing as how I consistently forget how old I am since I passed 21 as it was my favorite number and I felt like nothing mattered after it.

Also, HI. Geez I feel young. All you people who have been members of forums since before I knew what the word meant...

Edited by TheLastStarMaker

Blacjack: ... Do I know you, good sir?

Probably not considering you haven't gotten used to spelling blackjack correctly wrong :P I know who you are though and I'm glad you've made a reappearance.