Roxeon

World Cup

Futebol, with an e. It's enough of a difference that people around here get either rather annoyed or pretty amused when you type it without the e.

Tomorrow are two great games. Anyone else heard about the German team and the flu? Apparently there are 7 players who are sick, though I can't find anywhere that has said which team members.

Tim Howard's performance on Tuesday for the US was awesome! Zilary shared this with us over at WGF.

Tim Howard's performance on Tuesday for the US was awesome! Zilary shared this with us over at WGF.

Just a shame he couldn't stop the Belgians.

Tim Howard's performance on Tuesday for the US was awesome! Zilary shared this with us over at WGF.

Hart had five balls shot at him all tournament and let four of them in.

Howard had eighteen in one game and only let two in.

You're really not in a good place to talk  :P

Hart had five balls shot at him all tournament and let four of them in.

Howard had eighteen in one game and only let two in.

You're really not in a good place to talk  :P

A: We're not the ones praising our team members. 

b: And even so, having eighteen shots against you in a single game compared to five in three matches, just goes to show how bad your defence is compared to ours (And ours is really not very good) ;)

But on a more serious note, as a former goalkeeper, of course I appreciate that Howard played well. He's a pretty damn good keeper. Also I'm not sure on the seriousness of your above post, but assuming there is any level of sincerity to it, then you don't understand what you're talking about using that as a statistic. Three of the four goals that Hart conceded were practically unstoppable. (Something Howard did not really come up against with the quality of opposition)

Oh well, I'll just be happy if neither Argentina or Germany win the cup. (Unfortunately, the two meeting in the final is a VERY distinct possibility)

>_____>

Oh well, I'll just be happy if neither Argentina or Germany win the cup. (Unfortunately, the two meeting in the final is a VERY distinct possibility)

>_____>

So, for those of us who aren't following the World Cup and who want to be sure this isn't a spam post, I take it Argentina and Germany are going to be facing off in the finals?

>_____>

So, for those of us who aren't following the World Cup and who want to be sure this isn't a spam post, I take it Argentina and Germany are going to be facing off in the finals?

http://bit.ly/1y4S9RH

Germany here, the party isn't nearly as big as I'd expected.

Seriously, if that game had Portugal in Germany's place, whoever scored would get like 10 statues of them built all throughout the country.