Shattered Rift

All-Stars Reunion Chat

121 posts in this topic

With the All-Stars game almost ready to get underway and with so many familiar faces about, we need a relaxed atmosphere for friends to chat and reunite outside of the game. I'll be linking this thread from the home page for... at least the next couple of weeks.

To anyone who's completely new, welcome to Sparkbomb! To those of you coming back for All-Stars, hello! If you're just looking for a quick "Who's here?" I'll be updating a list in the spoiler below. (However, I don't know where all of you are from, so if you could chime in, that would be great!) If you're looking for some other things to do besides All-Stars, there are a handful of options.

• Create a thread in the Newbies forum to introduce yourself.
  • Get in on the Sparkbomb Gaming League and join with others for an evening in some online gaming.
  • Check out The Mansion, a story about life here on Sparkbomb.
  • We've also got multiple forums with multiple discussions about a variety of topics. Feel free to add your two cents or start your own discussion.

With that said, I'll give a brief introduction of myself. I'm Shattered Rift. I joined IDB back in February of 2004 (a day or two after the forums first opened). Coaster and I created Sparkbomb in September of '04. I've had accounts at PPT, Werewiki, and WFG, but I've never been particularly involved with any of those forums. And, if you don't know me, odds are I'm the guy that sent you a PM/email giving you the heads up about All-Stars. And if you heard about it from a friend, then you have an awesome friend who was helping with the task of rounding everyone up.

List of everyone who's shown up for All-Stars included in the spoiler. I might be missing one or two people who recently showed up, and I also don't know where everyone is from or where everyone has been.

anson (IDB)

azulblaster
Benladesh (IDB)
blkmage (IDB)
Blue (PPT, WGF)
gandalfthegrey
graphitesmoothie (IDB)
InuyashaOhki (IDB, NCW)
Jasujo (PPT)
jlt1990 (IDB)

Josh (IDB, Randomness, DBA, Sparkbomb, WGF)

K23 (krycsm on IDB, Randomness, PPT)
Kathy (PPT, WGF, Randomness)
kittenz (IDB)
Lieutenant-colonel Franc (francineh on IDB, NCW)
Meta (IDB)
Mike (IDB)
oogabooga (IDB)
Pickles (PPT, WGF)
Qanda (PPT, IDB, NCW)
Raz (Noo on PPT, Randomness)
segoli (PPT)
Silver (IDB)
siniri
Smoker
Steev
Technocactus (IDB)
thelilbear (PPT)
thezodiac
Totara

Trajectory (DBA, Sparkbomb, NCW)
weee5067 (IDB)
Yark (IDB)
Zilary (PPT, WGF)

Edited by Shattered Rift

Learn something every day.  I had no idea that you were Giggsy152 (and, yes, that was it .... I just looked it up in one of my old spreadsheets).  Let me see, you were an Intern in WW6 at NCW and you were a werewolf in WW7.

Me?  I've been Neopetsmom at PPT, IDB, and NCW.

I called myself Neopetsmom when I joined PPT because I had started playing Neopets when my sons started playing Neopets.

One of my sons got into playing WW at IDB and he is here now as MrHeatherway.  He has been known at IDB/NCW as ShoyruSpy and Aidan and was Nephilim at the "old" Sparkbomb.

Learn something every day.  I had no idea that you were Giggsy152 (and, yes, that was it .... I just looked it up in one of my old spreadsheets).  Let me see, you were an Intern in WW6 at NCW and you were a werewolf in WW7.

Ha, I tend to keep that part of my past somewhat hidden I guess (I remember my old obnoxious blink 182 lyrics sig). And I wish I could recall the games, but sadly I cannot. I only remember two things from ANY of the games back then

1: My first OMT game. I was a frycook or something along those lines.One of the mods at the time was hosting it, it may have been Inuy, but not sure. I had a role that had somewhat random effects and could change alignment at will. After practically winning with the innocents, I then proceeded to switch to an evil team that was practically eliminated and almost won with said team....it ended up as a draw and the only draw in a WW game I've ever played.

2: Much less specific, but I know I was evil and I remember a teammate complaining at me for doing something stupid, saying they thought I was a better player than that. Said person may have been Fran, but that's hitting very speculative levels with that guess.

I'm pretty sure I've used this handle on all the WW forums I've been at over the years - IDB first, then Randomness/DBA/WGF/PPT(?).

Nostalgiaing all over the place right now, haha. Shame so many of those stomping grounds are gone now.

Hi everyone, I am Qanda, and I was a member of the PPT, IDB and NCW forums under the same username. I was first introduced to Werewolf on PPT by a game hosted by Scottnak; I then got hooked and joined IDB and NCW as well. I've played quite a few WW games and even hosted one game. Sadly, I didn't keep notes of the game I hosted and can barely remember what was the theme now, though I seem to recall that there was a shop and that NPM won it as an OMT.

This was all about 6-7 years ago; since then, I have graduated from college and have been working for two years. WW was a highlight of my teenage years and I'm stoked at the prospect of playing it again. I do recognise some usernames as being vaguely familiar and look forward to playing with you guys :)

Neopetsmom likes this

Nostalgiaing all over the place right now, haha. Shame so many of those stomping grounds are gone now.

That's been one of the most disheartening things while going around trying to regroup everyone. Werewiki ended up disappearing during the regrouping process, of all the bad timings. I think we're really lucky that so many people are still able to be contacted, but it's disappointing that so many people have been lost entirely.

Hi everyone, I am Qanda, and I was a member of the PPT, IDB and NCW forums under the same username. I was first introduced to Werewolf on PPT by a game hosted by Scottnak; I then got hooked and joined IDB and NCW as well. I've played quite a few WW games and even hosted one game. Sadly, I didn't keep notes of the game I hosted and can barely remember what was the theme now, though I seem to recall that there was a shop and that NPM won it as an OMT.

This was all about 6-7 years ago; since then, I have graduated from college and have been working for two years. WW was a highlight of my teenage years and I'm stoked at the prospect of playing it again. I do recognise some usernames as being vaguely familiar and look forward to playing with you guys :)

Hey Qanda! I still remember you being my fellow dreamer(?) in... was it Mike's Wheel of Misfortune game?

Hey Qanda! I still remember you being my fellow dreamer(?) in... was it Mike's Wheel of Misfortune game?

Hey Rift! I certainly remember playing with you but I must confess that I can no longer recall the specific game you mentioned. They are all a (happy) blur to me now.

Anyhow, kudos on making this reunion game happen! Hopefully a substantial number of the returning players will stay for future games and kickstart a revival of interest in WW.

Hey Rift! I certainly remember playing with you but I must confess that I can no longer recall the specific game you mentioned. They are all a (happy) blur to me now.

Anyhow, kudos on making this reunion game happen! Hopefully a substantial number of the returning players will stay for future games and kickstart a revival of interest in WW.

No worries. Wheel of Misfortune was hosted... six years ago, maybe? '08 sounds entirely possible. Maybe as far back as '07. Mike probably remembers for sure.

Thanks. I'm hoping so, too, especially since a few people weren't able to participate in this game (either because they didn't reappear after expressing an initial interest or because their schedule didn't cooperate).

Wheel of Misfortune was hosted... six years ago, maybe? '08 sounds entirely possible. Maybe as far back as '07. Mike probably remembers for sure.

It started March 20th, 2007. Players list in spoiler tag. Haha, Rift's first post had "Looks like I got my favorite role." when everyone was plain innocent :D

1. graphitesmoothie

2. metalwarrior

3. katya

4. yoshi4007

5. garfield22222

6. oogabooga

7. Q77

8. Cyclone

9. regelus

10. firestorm64

11. asynchrony

12. benladesh

13. yoshidude65

14. Forte

15. brett

16. lord_owlstar

17. bunnylover

18. Shattered Rift

19. theonlysaneone

20. Armi

21. okamotosan18

22. anson

23. lackadazed

24. professorelite

25. felicalittle

26. jlt1990

27. Poogley Boogley

28. ryguy

29. KingToxic

30. kagemucha

31. seashell2_js

Edited by Mike

It started March 20th, 2007. Players list in spoiler tag. Haha, Rift's first post had "Looks like I got my favorite role." when everyone was plain innocent :D

Wow, that game started right after I headed back to IDB (and probably before the Rater applications). Talk about timing.

Wow, that game started right after I headed back to IDB (and probably before the Rater applications). Talk about timing.

I'm pretty sure that was the Werewolf game running when I joined IDB. Timing, indeed.

Hey guys. I was Azure or Azuresea at some places, Typhoon at others. Went through several name changes at DBA, as I recall (Blizzard, Rainfall, Tornado, etc). I was Azure on SB before the first hard reset - I've been Trajectory, or Traj, since then.

Pretty sure I was some iteration of Azure on NCW, though I came to the game relatively late compared to some of you others. I think I even hosted a game there, although I may be mistaken. Most of my werewolf stuff was here at Sparkbomb, or DBA, or Solus Lupus for as long as that site lasted, or PPT, or IDB (was I Azure there, too? It's been forever, I may have been someone else, but I don't think so... Maybe I was Typhoon?) Got my start on December-Romance, if anyone remembers that site.

'Sup. It's Rox. I've had several iterations of usernames, but most of them shorten to Rox and that's what I was known as. I don't think I went with Xeenvs anywhere WW-related but I vaguely remember going by Sir... something on Randomness, maybe? I did play a few games on iDB, enough to recognize quite a few names on the list.

'Sup. It's Rox. I've had several iterations of usernames, but most of them shorten to Rox and that's what I was known as. I don't think I went with Xeenvs anywhere WW-related but I vaguely remember going by Sir... something on Randomness, maybe? I did play a few games on iDB, enough to recognize quite a few names on the list.

Do you remember IDB IRC? Wolfbot and such haha. I warned your IDB account for "The Game" lol. (and you just lost it again)

Edited by Mike

Do you remember IDB IRC? Wolfbot and such haha. And do you remember your sig? I warned your IDB account for "The Game" lol. (and you just lost it again)

fxsb9c.jpg

Omg the IRC! IdleRPG, Wolfbot, scripting wars, Heidi's sheep, random Maplestory shenanigans... good times, good times.

Do you remember IDB IRC? Wolfbot and such haha. I warned your IDB account for "The Game" lol. (and you just lost it again)

I remember the IRC, but I don't think I ever got around to #wolfbot.

And if I ticked someone off with the game to get warned, I only have one thing to say: It was completely worth it!

Edited by Roxeon

That reminds me of this.

8x8qkz.png

Perfect time to bring it back since Josh's around, too (welcome back, dude!).

Edited by Roxeon

Hi, I'm Technocactus, and I used to go in IDB. I first played in the second game of WW on IDB, and I recognise a fair few names on this. I was 10 years old when I made my IDB account, and I'm now 21.

Hi, I'm Technocactus, and I used to go in IDB. I first played in the second game of WW on IDB, and I recognise a fair few names on this. I was 10 years old when I made my IDB account, and I'm now 21.

were you the eggplant guy? 

were you the eggplant guy? 

Hah, yes. That seems so long ago now.

Amazing how time passes by, isn't it? I'm also surprised to hear that you were one of the younger ones back then. And props for representing the near-beginning by having played since Werewolf II.

Teehee bebé.  I was only ever under sexysilver on IDB - jadentearz on neopets.  I played muchos games then hosted some mostly with Forte.  I wish I had a record of our games but I've changed computers too many times.