Neopetsmom

Werewolf All-Stars: Reunited

Voting for others once we have locked votes on 2 is pointless and so doesn't count or earn gold (except at least 10 for the post itself).

Vote: Forte

Edit: I don't have anything going on the next few nights so I should be able to be on and voice later in the day.

Anyway, I had to skip catching up because it would have taken too long.

I would have voted for Rift, but the lock. And Firte was my second vote. So I just had to make sure I got it in here.

Edited by lion wiggles

Neopetsmom looked around the ballroom at the chattering crowd. She finally called for quiet.

“I know that this is like a reunion. Well, it is a reunion. And, it is nice for us all to chat and get caught up with each other. But, we actually have executions tonight. So, let’s get to it.”

She turned to Koshka, and gestured toward her. “In case, you have forgotten. This is my kattail, Koshka. She is extremely talented and can use her three tails to hold a bow, position the arrow, and shoot.
In this case, you have voted for two executions, which is helpful to see on Day 3. The first to get votes locked was Shattered Rift. So, we will start with him.”

NPM nodded to Koshka, then handed her the bow and arrow.

ttreunited.png

Koshka quickly shot the arrow at Shattered Rift. He crumpled to the ground and didn’t rise. NPM went over and searched the body. “It seems that he was, indeed, an evil Spell Maker, was quite Inquisitive. It seems that the innocents have made some progress.”

As the crowd began murmuring, NPM handed another arrow to Koshka. “We aren’t quite done here. You have also voted to execute Silver.”

Koshka took the arrow and looked around for Silver and then shot her. The arrow seemed to hit her squarely, but bounced harmlessly to the ground.

NPM paused, then spoke, “Well, it seems that Silver will not die today.”

Night 3 has begun.

Welp.

Sorry folks. I admit to getting totally snowed on that one.

Ah well. At least the delay created some useful intrigue.

Edit:.....and Rift, you better get a long headstart in the afterlife, should I end up there.

Edited by Lieutenant-colonel Franc

The attack bouncing off "harmlessly" is more than just being able to take a lot of damage. It seems like she was concerned enough to use something against the execution after all.

I would say it was an auto-ability that simply negated the first execution attempt on her. The previous survivor OMT that I have been with NPM isn't "op" as Silver said, but instead is given the best chance possible to survive to the end of the game, and that includes lotsa health and execution prevention.

The attack bouncing off "harmlessly" is more than just being able to take a lot of damage. It seems like she was concerned enough to use something against the execution after all.

I seriously doubt she "used something" against the execution. The power that prevented/canceled anyone from using day powers after a certain time was in effect before Silver was able to get on today. More likely, she had some sort of passive protection that would stop the first attack against her, which really isn't that surprising for an OMT. Unfortunately, that means she hasn't taken any damage yet.

I didn't get home from work until about six CST at which point I posted.. Not even knowing about the band wagon until then. At 5:05 cst or something (I'm on my phone) NPM ended power and item use. Could I make it anymore obvious? Egad people.

My guess is that she can't be hurt by execution etc until after a certain day, along with execution stop/health. Solely a guess, I don't know anything more than what I posted before

As expected, Rift was evil, so we should start looking into all those who defended him so vehemently (as well as all those who tried to defend him subtly).

And as expected, Silver didn't die, so any innocents with attacking powers might want to try targeting her tonight and chip away at her health (the inn is closed, after all). 

I think Silver's both claimed to be immune to execution, and claimed to be able to stop executions. These do seem like related abilities, so I don't see a contradiction. In this case, it seems the execution happened and dealt 0 damage.

I'm not a huge fan of the suggestion (made a bit earlier) to bandwagon Silver every Day from here on. I'm sensing a threat to cancel execution altogether if we do that, which would prevent us from executing a second target.

I can't quote while on my phone but @ weee finally someone can read!

I do believe quite a few people defended rift including franc.. Again on phone.

I'm not a huge fan of the suggestion (made a bit earlier) to bandwagon Silver every Day from here on. I'm sensing a threat to cancel execution altogether if we do that, which would prevent us from executing a second target.

Even aside from that, it's a waste. Silver is a known target. Anyone with an itchy trigger finger on the innocent side, and whatever villain teams there are will be likely to attack her if there's no other, more obvious target. The same is true for executions. If we have no one else we want to execute some day, we can float her name up for another try, but we shouldn't make her our first choice.

EDIT:

Franc has had some of his role revealed and he doesn't look like a likely villain. I won't say what in the open thread, but it was a common innocent role for larger games back in the day.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

I can't quote while on my phone but @ weee finally someone can read!

I do believe quite a few people defended rift including franc.. Again on phone.

Thanks Silver.  <_<  I hope you'll understand if that drink I was going to buy you will now be cancelled  -_- 

Anyway, before anyone starts, I fully admit to being completely and utterly taken in on that one. That makes me gullible and horribly out of practice, not evil. Not that agreeing with Rift's comments is likely the best course of action at this point, but the fact stands - if I was his teammate, we might be out of practice, but not nearly so much as to not keep a low profile instead of doing something that would surely get me killed. :wacko:

Even aside from that, it's a waste. Silver is a known target. Anyone with an itchy trigger finger on the innocent side, and whatever villain teams there are will be likely to attack her if there's no other, more obvious target. The same is true for executions. If we have no one else we want to execute some day, we can float her name up for another try, but we shouldn't make her our first choice.

I am very hesitant to let someone with a known ability to convert live any longer than is necessary. There is no reason to believe that Silver's immunity from executions is permanent (despite what she wants people to think) - that would be way too OP because executions are the primary method for innocents to get rid of baddies. It is also unlikely that we will be able to agree on two execution targets each day (just look at Rift - the evidence against him was overwhelming and yet we still had people defending him), so it is easier to just keep Silver as a guaranteeed 75% vote each day while we use our second execution on someone else.

I am very hesitant to let someone with a known ability to convert live any longer than is necessary. There is no reason to believe that Silver's immunity from executions is permanent (despite what she wants people to think) - that would be way too OP because executions are the primary method for innocents to get rid of baddies. It is also unlikely that we will be able to agree on two execution targets each day (just look at Rift - the evidence against him was overwhelming and yet we still had people defending him), so it is easier to just keep Silver as a guaranteeed 75% vote each day while we use our second execution on someone else.

You're right that she shouldn't be allowed to live longer than necessary, but use the right tool for the job. She has execution defense. People with attack abilities should be targeting her, not the execution her role is supposedly bristling with defenses against.

I don't have some giant chain zombie creating take over the world conversion ability if that's what you're worried about. I ain't got nothing to lose folks. I'm not even sure I could convert somebody who can kill for me. My role is op defensive since I have sh** for offense.

Unless I'm being constantly lied to, the innocents do have a number of attack abilities at our disposal. We don't have terribly many executions per day. I'd like to use those efficiently, not toss them down a hole.

It's not a guarantee that Silver is completely immune to execution, but someone who takes 0 damage from one execution seems to have a better chance than the average player of surviving the next one. And remember that, even if we reach 75% majority on Silver, we'd need to get a 50% majority on a second execution target to make use of our second execution. I don't think there's a great chance of that without another dreamer hit.

Unless I'm being constantly lied to, the innocents do have a number of attack abilities at our disposal. We don't have terribly many executions per day. I'd like to use those efficiently, not toss them down a hole.

It's not a guarantee that Silver is completely immune to execution, but someone who takes 0 damage from one execution seems to have a better chance than the average player of surviving the next one. And remember that, even if we reach 75% majority on Silver, we'd need to get a 50% majority on a second execution target to make use of our second execution. I don't think there's a great chance of that without another dreamer hit.

Some of those items look like they hurt. Innocents might want to pick some of them up.

I think Silver's both claimed to be immune to execution, and claimed to be able to stop executions. These do seem like related abilities, so I don't see a contradiction. In this case, it seems the execution happened and dealt 0 damage.

I don't see that.  It seems to me that they're mutually exclusive.  Why would you need to stop executions if you can't be hurt by them?

If we don't make Silver use up execution stops now, then they will still exist to be used when we do want to execute Silver.  Putting off killing a baddie never helps unless we know for certain that they can't be hurt on a given cycle.

If Silver can't be executed until a given day, we can't figure out what that day is unless we try for that execution every day.

Vote: Silver

Vote: Francineh

I'm still voting for Franc.  There was all kinds of evidence on Rift which everyone else analysing the thread looked at, considered, and concluded Rift was evil.

Edited by Dyl

Some of those items look like they hurt. Innocents might want to pick some of them up.

I had the same thought. Don't bother with Hellfire potion. It is a weak, 3-target attack.

I don't see that.  It seems to me that they're mutually exclusive.  Why would you need to stop executions if you can't be hurt by them?

If we don't make Silver use up execution stops now, then they will still exist to be used when we do want to execute Silver.  Putting off killing a baddie never helps unless we know for certain that they can't be hurt on a given cycle.

If Silver can't be executed until a given day, we can't figure out what that day is unless we try for that execution every day.

Vote: Silver

Vote: Francineh

I'm still voting for Franc.  There was all kinds of evidence on Rift which everyone else analysing the thread looked at, considered, and concluded Rift was evil.

By that logic, I should vote for you. -_-

I merely got fooled and didn't buy into the not quite airtight case at the time, you voted during night - an action for which there is all kinds of reasons not to take clearly stated in the rules. ;)

Edited by Lieutenant-colonel Franc

Because she's also said she has a conversion ability, and whoever she converts probably won't be immune to executions. The execution stop could be to protect that person, or to just allow her to cause a bit of mayhem for kicks. I don't see why an OMT would be restricted to two one-shot active abilities (daykill and conversion) and one passive ability (execution resistance). Seems boring.