Neopetsmom

Werewolf All-Stars: Reunited

Some of those items look like they hurt. Innocents might want to pick some of them up.

I had the same thought. Don't bother with Hellfire potion. It is a weak, 3-target attack.

Hellfire is not an NQ2 potion, so I guess that makes sense. Corrode potion is, so it should be one target?

[quote name="Kirby-oh" post="6936" timestamp="1404798601"

Hellfire is not an NQ2 potion, so I guess that makes sense. Corrode potion is, so it should be one target?

I'm sorry, but the suggestions that Silver is immune to execution is completely ridiculous. Leaving an OMT until later in the game is a terrible strategy. If innocents that have the capability to want to try to kill her with day/night attacks, I think that's perfectly alright, but I don't see that as a justification for not attempting to execute her as well. In addition, I think the suggestion that baddies will use their abilities to remove her is pretty absurd. If I was a baddie, I'd be far more concerned with investigators and protectors (e.g. roles that have immediate negative impact on my team's survival) rather than a seemingly ineffective converter with a small pool of limited kills.

And on that note, I should also point out that the only things we know for certain about Silver's role is that 1) she had some ability to protect herself from execution passively, 2) she has an execution stop, and 3) she has the ability to convert people. Everything else we might think we know (she has not yet successfully converted someone, her conversion power is weak, her ability to kill is limited, etc.) comes from Silver herself and therefor is suspect. In fact, the only possible gain she can have from confessing to being a baddie is to mislead us with false information on thread. I suspect that at least one of the following is true: 1) her ability to convert is more reliable/powerful than she suggests, or will become so, 2) her ability to defend herself from execution is less reliable/powerful than she suggests, and 3) her ability to kill is more powerful than she suggests or increases with the amount of time she remains alive.

In any case, in order for Silver to be a bad execution target, we need another target that is at least close to being confirmed baddie. No other players, as far as I am aware, have reached that level of suspicion by anyone. Forte is the next highest for me, but even so, he is much lower priority than someone we are guaranteed is a baddie.

I have no doubt that we'll be able to get supermajority on Silver on any given day, but not that we'll be able to get supermajority on someone else if we lock-in Silver first. If we think enough people will be online at once, it may be worth saving any votes on Silver (or at least, saving *enough* to hit and lock majority if majority hasn't already been locked) until a few hours before day ends, such that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by locking in Silver for majority and forcing supermajority for any other suspects (which may be much harder to get, lacking direct evidence like we've had so far).

I have no doubt that we'll be able to get supermajority on Silver on any given day, but not that we'll be able to get supermajority on someone else if we lock-in Silver first. If we think enough people will be online at once, it may be worth saving any votes on Silver (or at least, saving *enough* to hit and lock majority if majority hasn't already been locked) until a few hours before day ends, such that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by locking in Silver for majority and forcing supermajority for any other suspects (which may be much harder to get, lacking direct evidence like we've had so far).

To clarify, once supermajority is achieved on one target, only majority (>50%) is required to get the second execution.

Were all the potions single target?

Yes. Which is why I generally went with Velm's group shielding and healing, and had very limited potion use for top ups. That said, NPM has been very inventive with these items and potion effects, so their name is only a guarantee of the 'sort' of thing it will do (damage, heal) not anything else.

To clarify, once supermajority is achieved on one target, only majority (>50%) is required to get the second execution.

Oh oops.

Sounds like its time to vote for Silver upon daybreak. Ignore my flawed analysis. 

By that logic, I should vote for you. -_-

I merely got fooled and didn't buy into the not quite airtight case at the time, you voted during night - an action for which there is all kinds of reasons not to take clearly stated in the rules. ;)

I get this, but there's a difference in when we defended him and against what evidence.  I always allowed that he was probably evil, but I questioned the argument against Rift before he posted his defence and before the greatest amount of evidence against him came to light.  I said I would re-vote him unless his defence was good and most people agree it wasn't.

Guise please...it's still night. None of this voting tomfoolery.

Erm.. Uh... Whoosh!  You saw nothing!

Edited by Dyl

It has been years since I played NQ2, but I know some attacks were multiple target. Were all the potions single target?
Now that I think about it, I am not sure. Anyone remember?

Edit: posts coming too fast aahhh

Edited by Kirby-oh

It is late and I'm going to be up until 3 in morning doing night lists so I will eschew the plot and write this out plainly.

Fireball x2 injured someone.
Magical attack - injured Silver
AOE fire attack did damage to 3 people
Forte was mauled but didn't die
Magical attack - Forte was injured but didn't die
Magical attack - TheLastStarMaker was killed. 

Neopetsmom said to the assembled crowd, "Poor TheLastStarMaker.  Her body just looks like some flotsam on the beach.  And, that is so bad for the innocents, seeing as how she had power over life and death."

Night 1 end

Night 2 end

Edited by Neopetsmom

Oh look, pyros.

Vote: Silver

Vote: Forte

That, or, the numerous fire-themed potions in the store...

Holding off on Forte until something stronger comes through. Also I'm going to bed. 

It is late and I'm going to be up until 3 in morning doing night lists so I will eschew the plot and write this out plainly.

Fireball x2 injured someone.

Magical attack - injured Silver

AOE fire attack did damage to 3 people

Forte was mauled but didn't die

Magical attack - Forte was injured but didn't die

Magical attack - TheLastStarMaker was killed. 

Neopetsmom said to the assembled crowd, "Poor TheLastStarMaker.  Her body just looks like some flotsam on the beach.  And, that is so bad for the innocents, seeing as how she had power over life and death."

Yikes, there goes our resurrector.

Vote: Forte

Edited by Lieutenant-colonel Franc

And we somehow get to 6 different night attacks on night 3. Interesting. Horrible news about rez we should look into getting that back. Do feel like the rezzer should've had more hp than to die from one attack unless I'm mistaken and he was damaged before. For now vote:silver

Edit: also something to note not sure how much hp nightly attacks do but forte surviving 2 attacks is interesting. Also one from wolves and one from the magical team suggest he isn't apart of either.

Edited by blkmage

And we somehow get to 6 different night attacks on night 3. Interesting. Horrible news about rez we should look into getting that back. Do feel like the rezzer should've had more hp than to die from one attack unless I'm mistaken and he was damaged before. For now vote:silver

Edit: also something to note not sure how much hp nightly attacks do but forte surviving 2 attacks is interesting. Also one from wolves and one from the magical team suggest he isn't apart of either.

Or a redirect. I believe TheLastStarmaker was attacked during one of the day attacks?

Forte surviving 2 attacks is *highly* suspect, considering that I believe he's now taken as much, if not more damage than Rift. Not that HP should/will correlate across baddie races (assuming that Forte is, indeed, Human and not a Mage like Rift was).

I think we need the plot in-full, though, to see if the wolf maul was the Big Wolf (WW spokesperson, I assume) or a smaller wolf (one of the various WW-related protects/bodyguards/redirects in play here). This should give a lot of info (and let us know if Forte is really cleared from being on the WW team).

The amount of double/multi-attacks tonight is startling, though. 

Also find it odd that silver and forte names were both mentioned while the others that were attacked weren't labeled. Something to look into?

Well, at least there's no need to interpret the night results this time. My thoughts on the attacks:

1) I'm in two minds about Forte. On one hand, he has a ridiculously high amount of hp for being a "boring innocent role" (which he claimed to be). On the other hand, he was attacked by both the WWs and the mages, which rules him out from being one of their team (unless one of the innocents comes forward to claim one of the attacks)

2) AOE fire attack - was that you Inu?

3) Good to note that Silver is capable of being injured at night.

4) It sucks that our rezzer was killed. If anyone can afford a Vivify Potion, I think now would be the time to use it.

5) It is curious that NPM is revealing the names of those who were damaged but did not die. She didn't do this the prior two nights, so why now?

We have no clue how much HP damage those attacks did, and a few people were posting earlier that high HP is not an indicator of being evil, which I happen to agree with. Can you guys at least put a reason alongside your votes, even if it's "Per: Sinical+Rex" or "Baa" :P

There are at least two Blast Potions that were sold, so that is probably the first one. There was also two Hellfire potions sold, one to me and one to someone else, so that's my guess for the 3 injured people in one line, particularly since she used the abbreviation AOE, which I Googled and found associated with a Hellfire spell in World of Warcraft.

That leaves the three magic attacks as a mystery, and the question of why some victims are named and others aren't.

Magic and fire ahoy!

I don't see substantial evidence to vote for Forte. Considering he was attacked by two baddie teams (WW and mages), that definitely rules him out of those two IMO. I am curious how he survived though.

More thoughts after some further reflection:

1) The two attacks on Forte might have been due to a redirection, in which case Forte is not cleared of being a WW or a mage. Assuming that each attack does 300 damage, then he must have at least 600 hp, which is very suspicious given what he has publicly claimed about his role and the further details he told me in private.

2) 3 mage attacks seems a bit much for one team. Given that they were listed separately, I'm not sure if they came from the same people. Also, there's the possibility that Rift's team got some power boosts after they dreamed of him on Night 2, which could explain the extra attacks.

For now, I am going to

I'll withhold my vote for Forte until one of the dreamers/redirectors/night vigilantes can shed some light on the attacks on him.

I still have my Hellfire potion. I don't plan on using it unless we somehow have three known villains alive at the same time.

I don't see substantial evidence to vote for Forte. Considering he was attacked by two baddie teams (WW and mages), that definitely rules him out of those two IMO. I am curious how he survived though.

Three magic attacks may not all be the evil mage team. A few people claimed there were innocent aligned mages. Let's withhold judgment on Forte either way until the results come in for the nightly info gathering.