Neopetsmom

Werewolf All-Stars: Reunited

There once was a chap

That walked straight into a trap

Now he writes haikus

Vote: Silver

Cos obvs.

Forte, what do you have to say about being active at night even though your role doesn't apparently require you to be?

There once was a chap

That walked straight into a trap

Now he writes haikus

Cos obvs.

Forte, what do you have to say about being active at night even though your role doesn't apparently require you to be?

I have no explanation for why that came back. The only thing I can think of is there was a list redirection or some other sort of ability used to return a false positive. I've been straight up with my role; all I can do is earn extra gold from meeting certain posting requirements. As for getting the HP boost, I requested it from a friend from iDB because every game I know I'm a huge target, and I'd rather not die within the first few days, even if my role is boring (I only come out of retirement for All Star games). It could have went to a more deserving player, but I was right to request it given I'd have died last night without it.

With how crazy redirects and power boosts are in this game, being attacked by two different teams doesn't really clear me, so I don't blame anyone for being suspicious of me even after that. I can say, though, that the clues are there in some of my old posts that appear strange, but I'm not allowd to say how. Someone will have to crack the code.

That's about all the convincing I have. At least the baddies are wasting their attacks on me right now instead of someone more important, but I would have liked to survive a game for once.

Forte has said that he's made his role obvious based on his posts on-thread.  Since we're at over 50 pages, and you don't seem to care if people figure it out, why not just say it?  I know other people know, but now I'm curious what you're claiming.  But I'm not going through 50 pages to figure it out.  Especially when people are saying it's conflicting with night results.  I think you've got to come out and defend yourself a lot more strongly at this point.

I think Celairiel made an excellent point about trusting people.  We know there are conversions in this game.  So even someone who's "proven" their role to you could suddenly not be trustworthy -- and they might have retained some or all of their powers.

ETA: Cross-posted again.  Fine.  I'll look at your content, but you're not making me want to try very hard.  "I can earn gold by a posting requirement"?  That's it?  Yeah, right.

Edited by siniri

Since it's used up, I may as well say, I used a Veritaserum potion on Rift, with Franc as second choice Night 1 (he seems innocent from what I saw, but it isn't 100%). That was the "ability" that for unknown reasons passed over Rift. Night 2, it worked on Rift and revealed a little about his role that corroborated his claim that he was looking for teammates, but nothing else. Forte blocking my abilities made me suspicious. I intentionally called the potion use an "ability" as a ruse in public to throw off countermeasures. Anyway, I got nothing that either incriminates or exonerates Forte for the final use.

EDIT: It DOES contradict his post right before this, though. Lying to defend yourself doesn't help your case.

Vote: Forte

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Been really busy, sorry I haven't contributed more. Following the bandwagon,

Vote: Shattered

And, because I don't trust a Neutral to be "useful" to the innocents if they are willing to work with baddies,

Vote: Sinical

Upon further reading, this seems to be the best course of action. A neutral can be just as bad as a baddie

Vote: Sinical

This is the most blatant attempt at a vote reversal I have seen. Forte has been very hesitant in voting for Rift despite clear evidence pointing Rift out as a good execution target.

Liz comes along and gives an alternative vote with no real reasoning whatsoever.

Within a MINUTE, Forte comes along and says "Upon further reading" and then just agrees with Liz.

What further reading?

You had already read all of the meaningful posts in this thread. 

You could have made that judgement earlier.

But instead you wait until somebody votes first before you jump behind it with no real reasoning whatseover.

The best part is that the reasoning is horribly flawed in the first place. I HAVE NEVER CLAIMED TO BE NEUTRAL. EVERYONE IS JUST ASSUMING THAT I AM.

Since this seems to be the post where all the Forte suspicion originated, I figured I would re-read. But I guess further reading is suspicious. Vote: Mike. And again, Sinical posted the following after he was attacked: "You all suck >_>. You are attacking the people that might as well have a giant flashing neon sign, saying "I AM NEUTRAL. LEAVE ME ALONE AND HIT SOMEBODY ELSE". Kill the people that are threats to you." - whether this is a neutral claim, or Sinical trying to appear neutral, or something else, it sure didn't strike me as "Sinical is likely innocent".

Rift, if you're reading, this is the downside of rolechains for the innocents, at least in big games which include newer members. There is likely a significant innocent population not in the Sinical rolechain, and those innocents likely have a decent amount of suspicion on them simply because they are not in the chain. The bandwagon is super flimsy? Doesn't matter, might as well sheep vote since it was started by your trusted rolechain member :P

Oh, wow.  Look at the first letters of the sentences of Forte's posts:

1. HELP ME

2. DONT KILL ME

3. IS

4. ITWMCF

5. I

6. IIG

7. I

8. II

9. W

10. O2SI

11. IF

12. INEEDHELP

13. SENDGOLD

14. UA

15. ILT

16. IPPLA

17. LL

18. OOIOAIUAII

19. JMSA

20. NPAA

21. HFA

22. IIIB

23. D

24. C

25. A

26. PIS

27. TTIAS

28. T

29. OY

30. WAIIIAA

31. ITIAIIWISTA

Edited by siniri

Enough has been said about that.

Regarding the Forte votes, I'm hesitant. Primarily because of the double-attack.  Seems more likely that a true, powered, role was discovered by the baddies.

Franc--Ugh.  I don't like how painfully you were defending Rift.  It's a little too obvious, but that might be a ploy as well.  

But one thing I did see while I was rereading the thread.  Day 2 events, in order...

Blacjak votes for Qanda

Raephex dies from the daykill

Blacjak votes for Rift

Shortly thereafter, both Qanda and Rift claimed to have been hurt by the attack that killed Raephex.  I think that's just a bit much of a coincidence.

Vote: blacjak

"Someone will have to crack the code." :o This game just turned into The Da Vinci Code. Forte's role name must be "Logical" or something.

Oh, wow.  Look at the first letters of the sentences of Forte's posts:

1. HELP ME

2. DONT KILL ME

12. INEEDHELP

13. SENDGOLD

There, that was pretty easy. I could send four simple messages. I was hoping my unusual posts would get someone to look into them, and a lot of people quoted some of the more unusual ones (I made them depressing or inquisitive to draw attention) but all that did was make people think I'm evil. Thanks for the role, NPM.

And Inu, how am I contradicted? I don't know why I showed as active, and if you used an ability on me, I don't know why it failed. Given there aren't attacks every night, it looks like there are teams that do things other than kill. Causing redirections/list manipulation seems likely. Of course, given my role, I can't back that up. Still, it's just silly to call me guilty of anything because of that. At least right now.

I had been saving my gold up to be helpful, but I guess I'll have to use it to save myself. If anyone actually does believe me, help would be appreciated.

I would like to dispose of this Hellfire potion in the most efficient way. Silver is obviously a valid target, and I am convinced enough that Forte is also. If someone has a good case for a third, let me know your reasons by private message as soon as possible.

Again, Hellfire potion does 75 damage to 3 targets. If I can't get three villains at once, it's a bit of a waste.

Okay, I thought you couldn't send gold to anyone else.  So Forte's posts really don't make sense to me, unless I missed the part of the message where he told you how you could give him gold.  Plus, I'm not a fan of selfish players who put their own survival ahead of their team.  I've seen this a lot in RL Mafia, where people seem to think you win only if you survive until the end, whereas I'm more than happy to throw myself on a sword if I think my role is less useful and my team needs a target to distract attention from the more powerful members.  If you care more about yourself than the good of your team, you're a hindrance, whether you're innocent or not.

I'm really not seeing how you could have been falsely tracked, Forte.  The only other person who claimed that night results were false was Rift -- and he is now a confirmed baddie.

I'll give you one more chance to explain yourself and your role.

Something else I noticed.  A few people are acting like Silver claimed to be neutral.  She NEVER said that.  You guys read between the lines.  An evil OMT's win condition is also "survive until the end" (usually with the additional "all other teams defeated," but not always -- I've seen plenty that can co-win with other baddies).  And I suspect she didn't say that because she didn't want to outright lie on-thread.  I know I'd be really careful not to actually lie on-thread in this game with all the SPs and items flying around.

And Inu, how am I contradicted?

You claim all you can do is earn gold. The information the Veritaserum potion gave back indicated otherwise.

If you care more about yourself than the good of your team, you're a hindrance, whether you're innocent or not.

If I was an innocent that could generate gold faster, I'd certainly care about saving myself. The shop is freaking awesome.

Okay, I thought you couldn't send gold to anyone else.  So Forte's posts really don't make sense to me, unless I missed the part of the message where he told you how you could give him gold.  Plus, I'm not a fan of selfish players who put their own survival ahead of their team.  I've seen this a lot in RL Mafia, where people seem to think you win only if you survive until the end, whereas I'm more than happy to throw myself on a sword if I think my role is less useful and my team needs a target to distract attention from the more powerful members.  If you care more about yourself than the good of your team, you're a hindrance, whether you're innocent or not.

I'm really not seeing how you could have been falsely tracked, Forte.  The only other person who claimed that night results were false was Rift -- and he is now a confirmed baddie.

I'll give you one more chance to explain yourself and your role.

Something else I noticed.  A few people are acting like Silver claimed to be neutral.  She NEVER said that.  You guys read between the lines.  An evil OMT's win condition is also "survive until the end" (usually with the additional "all other teams defeated," but not always -- I've seen plenty that can co-win with other baddies).  And I suspect she didn't say that because she didn't want to outright lie on-thread.  I know I'd be really careful not to actually lie on-thread in this game with all the SPs and items flying around.

I don't see it as selfish when everyone I've talked to doesn't have that powerful of a role, and my ability to earn extra gold for purpose of buying items is helpful in the long run, hence my desire to stay alive. It's a boring role, but it pays off if I live long enough to earn a lot of gold. That's not likely to happen now since my role is in the open, but I didn't have much of a choice.

My understanding from my role was that gold could be gifted, but I don't know how. That's why I sent the message, I was hoping someone would. There is a shop ability called Donation List; maybe that's how.

One last thing is that I get a shop discount for having enough cumulative posts. Again, that's why I'm concerned with staying alive. As I've told a few people, I think I'm supposed to be a buyer for the innocents. That's the only use I can see my role having.

The thing with Forte's secret messages is that it is something that a competent baddie can set up in advance to be used as "proof" of their role later, even if it is not really their role. Forte is a skilled enough player to do this. Also, it sounds like a pretty frivolous use of post requirements - hide a message in the first letters of your sentences to get extra gold - and doesn't strike me as something NPM would put in the game.

Inu, what did the Veritaserum say, specifically?  Or is it something that could help baddies if it was revealed on-thread?

Time for a haiku break. 

Cannonball Alley:

Giantslayer - but Kevin

Bull yanked that bull's horns.

(Cannonball Alley starts around 2:30.  It was more amazing in context having seen so many phenomenal athletes attempt it and fail.  Just look at the reactions of the other athletes, who really knew just how hard it was.)

Okay, I guess it's possible you can donate gold, though I thought NPM said that you couldn't as part of her rules clarification -- or was that only regarding giving SPs/items?  Earning gold to buy stuff could be useful.  You've made 30+ posts now.  So have you bought anything with all that gold you've amassed and somehow earned through these "weird" posts?  Having items spread out across the innocents is more useful so that the baddies don't get a stockpile when one dies, so I don't see the point of trying to get us all to give you all our gold so you can be a target and lose all the stuff.

Can't read all of the thread this morning, but I also have it on good authority that part of Benladesh's role can drain HP from other players.  He can do it three times for 50/100/150 hp.  Also does not sound like an innocent power

Vote: Benladesh

And Inu, how am I contradicted?

You claim all you can do is earn gold. The information the Veritaserum potion gave back indicated otherwise.

Again, I can't explain this. All I can say is I don't submit lists, and have never claimed to. All I can do is claim it's a fale positive because that's the truth. But, as others have mentioned, I can't prove it.

The thing with Forte's secret messages is that it is something that a competent baddie can set up in advance to be used as "proof" of their role later, even if it is not really their role. Forte is a skilled enough player to do this. Also, it sounds like a pretty frivolous use of post requirements - hide a message in the first letters of your sentences to get extra gold - and doesn't strike me as something NPM would put in the game.

That's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't". But, you're right, they don't really prove anything either. All I can say is that I'm being honest; I wouldn't have gone to all that trouble and made a target of myself if I wasn't.

So have you bought anything with all that gold you've amassed and somehow earned through these "weird" posts?  Having items spread out across the innocents is more useful so that the baddies don't get a stockpile when one dies, so I don't see the point of trying to get us all to give you all our gold so you can be a target and lose all the stuff.

Yes, I bought an item today. The point of me getting more gold was to make the most of the discount. I could have saved up for a resurrection; it's not to hoard items, its to afford the powerful, game changing ones.

Edited by Forte

Okay, I guess it's possible you can donate gold, though I thought NPM said that you couldn't as part of her rules clarification -- or was that only regarding giving SPs/items?

Either way it has been stated that the rules can be modified by role abilities, I took that to mean role abilities supersede the rules.

Sinri, sent you the info, along with a few other people. Use it as you see fit, I have to stop talking and run to work. I will be semi-available by private message.

Can't read all of the thread this morning, but I also have it on good authority that part of Benladesh's role can drain HP from other players.  He can do it three times for 50/100/150 hp.  Also does not sound like an innocent power

Now that is surely something. (especially with jlt's track record)

VOTE: Benladesh

Enough has been said about that.

Regarding the Forte votes, I'm hesitant. Primarily because of the double-attack.  Seems more likely that a true, powered, role was discovered by the baddies.

Franc--Ugh.  I don't like how painfully you were defending Rift.  It's a little too obvious, but that might be a ploy as well.  

But one thing I did see while I was rereading the thread.  Day 2 events, in order...

Blacjak votes for Qanda

Raephex dies from the daykill

Blacjak votes for Rift

Shortly thereafter, both Qanda and Rift claimed to have been hurt by the attack that killed Raephex.  I think that's just a bit much of a coincidence.

Vote: blacjak

...Blacjak never claimed to be hit by that attack. 

I ahve also been passed on the info regarding the vertierasdrsertaum (sp?) potion. It seems Forte is pretty much confirmed evil....however, the new info from JLT seems promising.

I have received the info from Inu too. Veritaserum has worked before so I don't see why we should not trust it this time.

As regards JLT's info, much as I dislike this, I think the best course of action would be to unvote Silver - against whom an execution is likely to fail - and vote Benladesh.

Unvote: Silver