Neopetsmom

Werewolf All-Stars: Reunited

The special power store has restocked.

Yay, restocked! Boo, the SP I had stolen from me is not there...

I'm all for ending day early with no night window. Having hosted WW games in the past, I can understand having all the list ducks in a row then having it suddenly changed. I agree with no window leveling the playing field for those who can't stay up late.

Neopetsmom walked into the hotel, the commotion having ended from the feline attack, and was just about to go to her room.  Suddenly someone cloaked ran into the lobby and proceeded to attack with a sword.  After viciously attacking Nell, the cloaked figure managed to get away.  At first, NPM thought that Nell was dead, but finally saw a flicker of life.

I'm guessing that was Silver's daykill?

Also holy hell you people talk too much. This is just exhausting - I don't know how you keep up with it NPM. Whatever makes your life easier as a host is fine by me, seriously.

Vote: Forte as per the discussion ad nauseum on-thread. Unless I missed a concrete piece of evidence suggesting his innocence, which I don't think I did.

Votes

Silver - 32 - Blacjak, Liz, Franc, Mike, Blkmage, Graphite, Rex, Ben, Cel, Pets, Josh, Kathy, Anson, Sinical, Forte, Rox, Siniri, Raz, Steev, the lilbear, Qanda, Red, Pickles, Nell, Meta, Zilary, Dyl, Wee, Yark, Techno, JLT, Traj

Forte - 27 - Blacjak, Sinical, Qanda, Inu, MrH, Steev, Siniri, Nell, Franc, Rox, Ben, Dyl, Liz, Rex, Zilary, Techno, Pets, Red, Traj, thelilbear, Pickles, Kathy, Raz, Clucky, Kirby, Silver, Josh, Jonny 9

Benladesh - 5 - JLT, Graphite, Forte, blkmage,  Inu

Traj - 1 - Silver

Locked on Silver (so can't vote Silver).  Majority also on Forte.

Sword attack sounds like a human daykill. I'm guessing it was Forte's or Silver's.

NPM - Having day and night end simultaneously might disadvantage innocent dreamers/trackers who often want to change their lists after seeing the execution results (since executions yield up much information). On the other hand, 48 hour days would drive some people nuts with waiting around for things to happen, and encourage spam posts. On balance I think having day and night end simultaneously but letting players send in contingent lists would be the best solution (assuming that contingent lists don't create more work for you).

Votes

Silver - 32 - Blacjak, Liz, Franc, Mike, Blkmage, Graphite, Rex, Ben, Cel, Pets, Josh, Kathy, Anson, Sinical, Forte, Rox, Siniri, Raz, Steev, the lilbear, Qanda, Red, Pickles, Nell, Meta, Zilary, Dyl, Wee, Yark, Techno, JLT, Traj

Forte - 29 - Blacjak, Sinical, Qanda, Inu, MrH, Steev, Siniri, Nell, Franc, Rox, Ben, Dyl, Liz, Rex, Zilary, Techno, Pets, Red, Traj, thelilbear, Pickles, Kathy, Raz, Clucky, Kirby, D, Silver, Josh, Jonny9, Stratus

Traj - 1 - Silver

Locked on Silver (so can't vote Silver).  Majority also on Forte.

Qanda - I have done games both with simultaneous deadlines for day and night and with an hour window between.  Both disadvantage somebody.  Basically, the being able to change lists advantages those who have the ability to be online right at execution which not everyone can do.  I almost did this game from the beginning with simultaneous lists.  And, I think now it was a mistake not to.

That said - The one thing I won't do is contingent lists.  The concern I have is there is no way that people can think up every possible thing that could happen and I don't want to have to figure out what to do when it may not be clear. 

As far as the 48 hour days, I don't personally like them myself.  But, if there had been a groundswell of wanting them I would go along with it.  But, I don't sense such a groundswell.

Edited by Neopetsmom

While I agree, we do need Silver dead...I'm pretty sure we've used too many resources on it. Meh.

Anyway, sleeping now. I hope nothing too crazy happens while I'm gone.

The cheap potions aren't really a big loss, and they make more sense than hoping there's not another execution prevention trick. I'd have felt more comfortable taking out Silver with potions and saving the execution for Forte and Ben.

To the comments about what I used earlier, I'll repeat:

Blast Potion: 50 damage, with Silver as the intended target

Hellfire potion: 75 damage EACH to up to 3 targets, with Silver, Forte and Ben as the intended targets. I was pretty straightforward and open about what I was doing.

As for jlt1990, my best guess is some sort of ability. Blast Potion in NQ2 was rated at 25 damage, and the other two NQ2 damage potion names being used were rated at 95 and 140, respectively. If those are anything to go off of, I would expect 190hp for Scorch and 280hp for Corrosive. Both Blast and Hellfire resulted in NPM posting about it, while whatever hit jlt1990 didn't show up anywhere that I could see.

I notice far too many items and powers have been bought for me to sort through. Importantly, the Ventilator is missing and someone just got attacked in what sounds like a rather bad way with a sword. My guess is that's the Ventilator, and whoever bought it will probably get more than just one whack with it, given how expensive it is.

Last thing: Everything useful I've done has been through things anyone can buy from the shop. I'm using my role ability, but it's gotten me nothing useful the one time I was even able to use it so far. Please make use of the resources available to you, fellow innocents, not just the ones your role came with. 

EDIT: Ok, this one was done with the "More Posting Options", and I've had the same problem on the mobile view with my phone using AT&T's network. I've noticed others having the same problem. There doesn't look to be any way around it...

Edited by InuyashaOhki

I notice far too many items and powers have been bought for me to sort through. Importantly, the Ventilator is missing and someone just got attacked in what sounds like a rather bad way with a sword. My guess is that's the Ventilator

I've been checking inventories every few hours. The Ventilator was still there as of around three hours ago, so the timing makes it sound like you're right about the sword attack.

Thanks for the clarification about the second potion you used.

After a long day

Took less than two hours to read

Thank simplicity!

I had over 300 notifications by the time I was caught up. But the arguments look very straight forward. Silver is going to execution again, Forte hasn't had anyone defend him with substantive proof, and Ben has made a relatively reasonable argument in his favor. 

It is time to start looking around for further targets. But first I want to Vote: Forte.

I'm particularly curious as to who attacked Nel and why? We need to stop being so reactive and try to pre-empt the actions of the baddies. Why Nel? What can he do or what has he done that has their attention? 

What do we know about the baddies so far? We have Rift as our only confirmed evil player, and I still believe his role claim. His two teammates may or may not have dreamt him. Assuming the worst: they found him and have their extra powers. More likely (since he died before night), they are both relatively weak. Now is a good time to eliminate them.

It would actually be better for me if day ended an hour earlier, since I'm usually asleep before it ends (though I might be tempted to stay up if it ends earlier... then again, I'm usually up at that time).  I don't care either way about simultaneous vs. delayed executions.

Honestly, do whatever works best for you, NPM, and I'll make it work for me.  That's what I've always done.

I'm so sleepy, I've forgotten everything else I was going to say.

Oh, yeah, a lot of people say they've had things stolen.  Could the thief be evil?  If it's just one person, that's a lot of potential attacks and protections for them to use, so it's a believable baddie role.  Has there been anyone with a lot of knowledge about what various things do?...

Oh, hey, forgot to weigh in on the deadline change. I can make this work. It means I may not be able to post at all after about 9 am Pacific some days, but I'll do my best. NPM's sanity is much more important. I'm not getting much time to post as it is. I just cannot keep up. Once the numbers drop, that will be more manageable no matter what time deadline falls. 

What do we know about the baddies so far? We have Rift as our only confirmed evil player, and I still believe his role claim.

My Veritaserum potion use corroborated his role claim, so I'm quite certain it was true. That said, noting in what I saw indicated for certain that his partners were dreaming for him. They may have had only one dreamer in their group, though that's doubtful.

Votes

Forte - 30 - Blacjak, Sinical, Qanda, Inu, MrH, Steev, Siniri, Nell, Franc, Rox, Ben, Dyl, Liz, Rex, Zilary, Techno, Pets, Red, Traj, thelilbear, Pickles, Kathy, Raz, Clucky, Kirby, D, Silver, Josh, Jonny9, Stratus, Cel

Traj - 1 - Silver

Oh, yeah, a lot of people say they've had things stolen.  Could the thief be evil?  If it's just one person, that's a lot of potential attacks and protections for them to use, so it's a believable baddie role.  Has there been anyone with a lot of knowledge about what various things do?...

You mean, other than Sinical?

I notice far too many items and powers have been bought for me to sort through. Importantly, the Ventilator is missing and someone just got attacked in what sounds like a rather bad way with a sword. My guess is that's the Ventilator

I've been checking inventories every few hours. The Ventilator was still there as of around three hours ago, so the timing makes it sound like you're right about the sword attack.

I just don't see how something named a "Ventilator" could be responsible for the sword attack. The name and the high price suggests that it is something that helps someone prolong life/avoid death. The coincidence in timing might be because the same person who carried out the sword attack bought the ventilator as well.

Sorry, lots and lots of work, just arrived home

Well...I really had my doubts with Forte, but I am not convinced by his argument either. 

Yes, it could be a mistake, but everything is a mistake in WW

Vote: Silver

Vote: Forte

I just don't see how something named a "Ventilator" could be responsible for the sword attack. The name and the high price suggests that it is something that helps someone prolong life/avoid death. The coincidence in timing might be because the same person who carried out the sword attack bought the ventilator as well.

My reasoning's based on Traj's joke from Day 1. Specifically, "it'd be funny if the Ventilator turned out to be a giant gun" or something like that. Ventilator being used to mean "something that ventilates (creates holes)".

Really? I have heard it used in dozens of movies and TV series to refer to weapons. Machine guns and swords, mostly. It is expensive enough to be a repeat or specialty attack weapon without unbalancing the game.

EDIT: One more vote to lock in Forte.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Haha we must watch different movies then. I must confess I've never heard it being used to refer to swords or weapons. But yes, it would be just like NPM to choose a misleading name with two possible meanings.