Sign in to follow this  
Zen

Check in!

But now we have to be careful about being too loud in the dorms  :(

Moments like this make me want to keep the Like button around. (Though I've already disabled my notifications from telling me when my posts are Liked. I hope there's a feed somewhere that I can view from time to time.)

I'm still waiting on the staff quarters to be completed. I miss my old room.

Also when is this wiki going up. I'd like blueprints of the mansion if I remember correctly from Minecraft the staff quarters were top floor and the staff lounge was underground.

The Mansion's getting a bit of an overhaul considering that it'll be the setting for the Mansionverse plot. I'm currently debating moving the Staff quarters down to the second floor (though I'll probably keep them on the third). The Staff Room is on the third floor, though the elevator design is giving me minor issues. The underground is largely undeveloped at this point.

As for SparkWiki... hopefully I'll have it up by the end of the week at this point. Getting content onto it will take a fair bit longer, though I definitely want to include the Mansion floor plans.

Moments like this make me want to keep the Like button around. (Though I've already disabled my notifications from telling me when my posts are Liked. I hope there's a feed somewhere that I can view from time to time.)

In your profile, there's a section called "Likes" where you can view the Likes you've given and received. So far, I think Zen is the only member with likes who has both showing exactly the same. :P

Will the rest of us be more encouraged to play in the mansionverse now that canon information will be readily available?

As a brief explanation...

The Sparkverse is the world that experienced the Rain of the Sparks in September of 2004. The sparks then gave rise to sparkborn (people who could absorb sparks and would have their injuries healed by them), in part and in turn giving rise to the Phoenix Syndicate, a government organization that utilized the sparkborn potential to their own ends. Two alien races, lucians (werewolves) and spectres, both appeared shortly after. Werewolves are shapeshifters that seek to assimilate and conquer humanity. Spectres are the combination of the spirits of a dead alien race (the salamoor) combining with a human sparkborn. These three groups are the primary factions engaged in a secret war to decide humanity's future.

The Mansionverse is the metaphysical representation of the sparkbomb.com website. If virtual reality existed, visiting sparkbomb.com would mean visiting the Sparkbomb Mansion. Most of the characters are forum members such as you and I. Only a select few, such as Sparkbot, are purely fictional (and considered the result of written computer code). The Mansionverse has no "canon" per se. The Mansionverse plot that I'm writing will be a story unto itself. Other Mansionverse timelines can exist at the whim of the users and whatever they want to do with them. R/C's plots, to my undrestanding, would both be considered other Mansionverse timelines. You guys could write fanfic in the Mansionverse and I wouldn't care very much.

On the other hand, I do care if you guys want to write fanfics or the like set in the Sparkverse. I would like to discourage that until I have a substantial body of writing published for it. This is partially a result of past corruptions of it as well as misunderstandings and assumptions that things work in ways they don't. It's pretty awkward when you guys start saying things that are wrong, mistakenly assuming you're right, and then I have to go around and try to correct everyone to let them know how it is.

... does that all make sense?

tl;dr: Play in the Mansionverse to your heart's content.

To be clear I understood the difference between sparkverse and mansionverse and have always treated sparkverse as a sacred tome.

I just was excited about having a more fleashed out mansionverse to play in.

I KNOW NOTHING OF THESE VERSES OF WHICH YOU SPEAK AND AM GRATEFUL TO HAVE HAD A BIT OF EXPLANATION THANK YOU IT MAKES THINGS THAT MUCH MORE INTERESTING TO ME ~<3 The prospect of having had a Minecraft visual representation also intrigues me and I feel as if there should be YouTube episodes created in a Machinima (or not, whatevs) style.

Also, in an attempt to remain on what I believe to be the topic of the thread, I have requested a name-change that I know I will be fine with because I use it all the time else-where and have also greatly amused myself by adding all of my hitherto used names/pseudonyms to my sig, the last two being my go-to character creation name for things like WoW, GW2, and the like so that I don't have to think about it too hard.

I just was excited about having a more fleashed out mansionverse to play in.

I know. I was mostly practicing basic explanations for SparkWiki. Additionally, I did it so... 

I KNOW NOTHING OF THESE VERSES OF WHICH YOU SPEAK AND AM GRATEFUL TO HAVE HAD A BIT OF EXPLANATION THANK YOU IT MAKES THINGS THAT MUCH MORE INTERESTING TO ME ~<3 The prospect of having had a Minecraft visual representation also intrigues me and I feel as if there should be YouTube episodes created in a Machinima (or not, whatevs) style.

Also, in an attempt to remain on what I believe to be the topic of the thread, I have requested a name-change that I know I will be fine with because I use it all the time else-where and have also greatly amused myself by adding all of my hitherto used names/pseudonyms to my sig, the last two being my go-to character creation name for things like WoW, GW2, and the like so that I don't have to think about it too hard.

You're welcome. :)  (Oh gosh. IPB's still using the same old smilies. I need to import our Sparkbomb smilies.)

I'm surprised you didn't request the spaces with your new name.

So many paragraphs to read, so little time. Why I'm still up, I have no idea. Its actually really cool that I'm having a little difficultly making sure I keep up to date with every post. Activity woo! :D

I know. I was mostly practicing basic explanations for SparkWiki. Additionally, I did it so... 

You're welcome. :)  (Oh gosh. IPB's still using the same old smilies. I need to import our Sparkbomb smilies.)

I'm surprised you didn't request the spaces with your new name.

Yes to the smilies. That's one of the things that I absolutely loved about SB.

As to the spaces....I feel like I still would have been dissatisfied with it and I didn't want to have any reason to whine, even if it was just inside my head. I've used this particular pseudonym before and knew I would be happy with it. I've never actually used The Last Star Maker and I was afraid that I wouldn't like it ._.  

And thus why I love you guys.

Welcomes Wiggly one. Enjoy the new site and expect great things

Edited by StratusNova

Yayyy. My name is lion wiggles. I'm a lion. I am going to try to do more SB now. So you should be seeing more of me. Be Prepared!

I donno now safe I feel now... are you a friendly lion or a monkey eating lion?

Yayyy. My name is lion wiggles. I'm a lion. I am going to try to do more SB now. So you should be seeing more of me. Be Prepared!

Welcome back, Lion!

Sup.

Yo.

Anyone heard from Rox? The absence of my little brother has brought much sadness to my existence. QQ

Nope.

Okay I figured out how to make this work. So. Hi.

It wasn't working before?

Hello! Thought I'd stop by.

Hey Seashell!

Well, this is a bit of a change. o.o 

0.4 cookies for guessing who this is.

And to make it more obvious while answering another question, roxy-chan is still alive and currently in Germanland. I'll poke him in this direction.

HAHA, A NEW FORUM! NOBODY WILL CALL ME ROXY-CHAN HE-

Well, this is a bit of a change. o.o 

0.4 cookies for guessing who this is.

And to make it more obvious while answering another question, roxy-chan is still alive and currently in Germanland. I'll poke him in this direction.

well that was over quick