Blacjak

Werewolf: Into the Mist

On this the first Day of the Mist, the town gathers in the Main Square to discuss the growing unrest at the appearance of this Mist. The Mayor appears from a balcony high above them in the Clock Tower and spreads his arms wide.

"Greetings fair citizens of Lullaby. Tis I, your beloved mayor! I know that some of you fear our town is in danger, but I must ask that we remain calm and speak with civility. Fear is our greatest enemy indeed, the fear of the unknown. It is for this reason that the Priestess warning us of such potential danger is not looked down upon as causing unrest.

Our second order of business is of course security. I urge you all to lock up at Night. During the Day, a full investigation will be run until we discover and eliminate all threats to our livelihood. To facilitate such endeavors, a Gallows has been constructed on the other side of the Main Square. Each Day, a Vote shall be held henceforth. The proper etiquette of such is to enunciate our words and speak Boldly and with Conviction. A tally shall be recounted at Day's end, following which, the public Execution of the condemned will occur.

If there is anything else the public would like to bring forth, do so now. Otherwise, I suggest we begin our investigation."

Day 1 Start

Rules Stuff:

Follow the rules for Werewolf and Sparkbomb, be courteous to your fellow players, and please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

Days last 24 hours, Nights last 24 hours.

May target either a player, or a building.

If you target a player, you will visit their building, but you will not be told which building it is.

If you target a building, you will target everyone inside and you will be told how many people were inside, but you will not be told who's building it is.

Therefor you may target your own building to affect visitors.

Player deaths are not announced, but character deaths are.

Dead players will receive special instructions upon death.

Claiming either a character, a building, or especially both could be extremely hazardous to your health. However, role playing is encouraged.

Deadline for Day/Night is 11pm EST

Buildings

Main Square

Gallows

Town Hall/Clock Tower

Florist Shop

Great Tree

Fire Station

Church

Library

Town Well

Graveyard

Day 1 will end Sunday, 11pm EST

---

Players:

1. Sinical

2. Red

3. Jose

4. Killer

5. Rox

6. Cel

7. NPM

8. Nell

9. Rex

10. Inu

Edited by Blacjak

Hey guys, I'm neutral. For real this time.

Are nobody votes allowed?

Is execution plurality or majority?

Can we vote ourselves?

Will the real slim shady please stand up?

Edit: ###### it, lets go all in.

I get points when I receive a vote at the end of the day.

I exchange these points for powers.

I use these powers to help those who voted for me the best I can.

Everyone wins.

The stronger powers cost 3-4 points. It'll be harder to get this amount later when there are less players, but I should be able to get that amount today alone.

It should go without saying, but do not kill me. Make sure you're careful with the votes...it doesn't matter how many points I get if you bloody execute me.

Other than that, I'd welcome a few votes today.

Edited by Sinical

And in a typical null-tell move, Sinical makes a dramatic and risky first post. 

For the record, Blac, I'm very impressed at how complex this game appears. I hope it goes off well. :)

People are too quick to label things I do as a "null-tell."

If I just posted "I am neutral" then it pretty much would be a useless statement.

But there is more than enough content in my post for people to start coming up with their own conclusions on me and what I said. I mean, it was practically a full roleclaim outside of my specific powers I get.

Are nobody votes allowed?

Is execution plurality or majority?

Can we vote ourselves?

Will the real slim shady please stand up?

"Ah all excellent questions. I don't think we should feel obligated to jump to conclusions so by all means vote for nobody. As execution is a serious matter and we've seen little evidence to condemn, I believe a majority vote should be required for this the first Day. Voting to kill yourself is a perposterous idea, I will allow no such public suicide. I have never heard of such a man."

Nobody votes are allowed.

Voting for yourself is not.

Execution is majority today.

Vote: Nobody

I hate Sinical for being like this every game. I'm inclined to believe he is Neutral, if only because wanting votes on yourself is hard to balance. He's certainly Neutral or Evil...

Sorry, Sinical, but it is a null tell. We're gradually becoming inured to your first day claims. The boy who cried wolf eventually stopped getting listened to. Now the boy who cried random fiction is getting the same.

Processing this one as it impacts us - It distracts people while voting, worrying about weather or not to put that last vote on you. In any close vote, odds are one person will switch off to keep you alive. When it gets proven that, shockingly, you made another false role claim, then you were just protecting your real role. Even if neutral/innocent, this ties up a lot of votes. That will eventually hurt the innocents. Further, it's a role you can easily prevent from being disprovable outside of the increasingly rare specific dreams or a lucky break with tracking.

As it impacts you - It ties up a lot of votes that theoretically won't go to a kill - which would be good for non-innocents. The shop we have is a flower shop, so your power claim could be flower-related, which would imply innocent, but votes-as-currency only works as possibly name recognition for your shop, which is very odd. You could be a political rival to the mayor, with the votes being thematic for that, but getting multiple powers from that would also be odd. As a wolf, though, benefiting from votes would be a reasonable offset to being a small group in a small game. The graveyard implies another possibility, though. Particularly since player death isn't announced. You're setting it up so you do have a good chance at dying accidentally early, so it's possible your role requires you to be dead. That seems more likely to be innocent/evil than neutral. There would have to be a switch or easy revive to defeat your power, though, certainly implying you're not working alone.

OMT and Neutral are possible, but have a very low chance of existing in a 10 player game. I could certainly see one or both existing in this setup, but they would be the first things to get cut when a game didn't make its optimum number of players.

The lack of players also means it's dangerous to risk voting for people. And people are more likely not to vote for you out of spite because you asked, or fear because you might be evil with that power.

On the whole, it can't be processed into something that argues to kill you now, but it is likely a false claim. Null tell is accurate.

But if you really want votes so bad...

Vote: Sinical

Oh, I will add one last thing.

I have protections which only cost one point. Will protect the first three that vote me. That's probably all for today.

Only one last protection left!

Considering the evil team will know three people that are protected, are unlikely to attack me (Pls no attack me) and won't attack themselves...there's a pretty high chance of being attacked if you don't claim the next protection...like, roughly a 33%-25% sort of chance depending on the alignment of those that voted me.

Edited by Sinical

Sure? Of course not. It could go horribly wrong.

But early game is where I have the most potential to actually get votes without dying. It makes no sense to lie low and only pick up one or two points here and there from random votes.

Votes:

Nobody- 3 (Killer, Red, NPM)

Sinical- 2 (Inu, Rox)

Votes lock in ~4 hours

Edited by Blacjak

There is little to go on. Since we aren't going to get majority on him, I don't feel too much worry in Voting: Sinical. There seem to be equal odds of him being any alignment since it is such a typical move for him. The detail of the role he came up with leads me to believe it is true, at least in part. Might as well see what he does with what we just gave him. 

I'm really interested to see how things work out with the 24 hour Night cycle. Don't have much to say until then.

I'd like to clarify again that there is a separate 24 hour period for both Day and Night for a total of a 48 hour cycle.

Yeah, a night cycle is a bad idea. You're riding around on it, then WHAM, someone hits you with their car because they couldn't see your cycle in the dark. It's no wonder Batman is self-insured.

Okay, last post before I sleep.

Fourth person to vote me will be backup on my "to protect" list in case somebody switches votes last minute.

Fifth person to vote me will regret it.

Sixth person to vote me will make me cry.

For the record, I think it's likely that Sinical is actually neutral this game. I would explain, but I don't really want to let Sinical know his own tell.

Also, I'll be around and I will switch my vote if Sinical actually makes it to majority.

For the record, I think it's likely that Sinical is actually neutral this game. I would explain, but I don't really want to let Sinical know his own tell.

Also, I'll be around and I will switch my vote if Sinical actually makes it to majority.

At the time of your vote, it was 3/3 between nobody and sinical.  You made him majority.  Just sayin ;)