Sign in to follow this  
Clucky

Sparkbomb Hearthstone Tournament #1 Discussion and Results

You can change up your deck / which classes you're using in between matches, but not during a match. You must declare which three decks you are using pre match.

It's in the rules right there.

Anyway, nice matches. During the second and fifth match, I hovered around 5 HP for several turns before winning. Was very scary. I again made some questionable moves during the matches, but I blame that on it being 3-4AM over here when we did them :P 

I think I need to revisit my decks for some stuff if I have more matches to play.

Lost 2-3 to Lixyl. Made the mistake of trying out an experimental rush warrior deck (which contributed to two losses even though one was literally decided by a 1hp difference). I thought I was allowed to change decks after losing once with a deck (the rules don't say you can't use a deck again after you have won with it, only that you have to change decks after winning - would not have tried the warrior deck if I knew I had to win at least once with it). Still, they were fun games.

What do you mean by "change decks after losing". You could've switched from your warrior deck to your hunter deck after losing, but then you have to switch back to the same warrior deck at some point. You can only use three different decks during any one set of matches. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Nah, Qanda had won with both other decks, so had to keep Warrior. Qanda wanted to use another deck when I beat the warrior the first time, but I told him/her that he/she had to keep it.

I was referring to the line in the rules that says "If you win, you have to change your class". I thought that simply meant that you couldn't use the same class for consecutive wins (e.g. If you win with mage, you can't use it again for the next match; but it you lose the next match with, say, hunter, you can go back to using mage for the third match). I think it would have been clearer if the rules stated: "Once you win with a particular class, you can't use that class again".

For the record, internet in my current location has been painfully slow, to the point that Hearthstone is almost unplayable.  I will be returning home sometime on Monday, and will be trying to get my other games going then.

I don't mind you entering the tournament with your own deck, Red. You'll just have to catch up in terms of games. I'll see what the others say about it, though.

Blacjak stop being lazy!

No objections to Red replacing Sinical.

Still waiting to play against Steev and Blacjak (and Red if he joins). Let me know when you guys can do our games. I want to free up my tournament deck slots for new decks :P

Steev vs Qanda

Steev Druid vs Qanda Mage : Qanda takes an early lead, but Steev drops big creatures near the end, and a lucky Swipe draw gives him lethal.  Steev wins.

Steev Warlock vs Qanda Shaman : Steev never gets off the ground, and Qanda takes him out in about 6 turns.

Steev Warlock vs Qanda Hunter : Relatively close, but once Steev's hand is wiped out, he never stands a chance, and eventually Qanda wears him down.

Steev Priest vs Qanda Mage: Good match that seemed to go back and forth, but Qanda is able to get board control around turn 7 or so, and Steev never catches up.

Qanda 3 - Steev 1.  

(But hey, at least I won a match this time.)