Sign in to follow this  
Clucky

Sparkbomb Hearthstone Tournament #1 Discussion and Results

Rules are here: http://sparkbomb.com/topic/235-sparkbomb-hearthstone-tournament-1-signups

Players

Blacjak (Blacjak#1696)

Clucky (Clucky#1268)

Lixyl (Lixyl#1847)

Qanda (Qanda#1484)

Sinical (Blind7sin#1832)

Steev (Steev#1461)

I've split everything into 7 rounds. The order of the rounds doesn't matter a whole lot, its just a nice suggestion for the next game you should try to schedule. But feel free to play your games out of order. Time wise we want this to take about two weeks, so ideally get three games in by the end of this weekend (21st) and then the other three in by the end of the next (28th)

Round 1

Blacjak (Blacjak#1696) vs Qanda (Qanda#1484) 

Clucky (Clucky#1268) vs Sinical (Blind7sin#1832) 

Lixyl (Lixyl#1847) vs Steev (Steev#1461) 

Round 2

Blacjak (Blacjak#1696) vs Clucky (Clucky#1268)

Lixyl (Lixyl#1847) vs Qanda (Qanda#1484) 

Steev (Steev#1461) vs Bye

Round 3

Blacjak (Blacjak#1696) vs Lixyl (Lixyl#1847) 

Steev (Steev#1461) vs Sinical (Blind7sin#1832) 

Qanda (Qanda#1484) vs Bye

Round 4

Steev (Steev#1461) vs Clucky (Clucky#1268) 

Sinical (Blind7sin#1832) vs Qanda (Qanda#1484) 

Lixyl (Lixyl#1847) vs Bye

Round 5

Sinical (Blind7sin#1832) vs Lixyl (Lixyl#1847) 

Qanda (Qanda#1484) vs Clucky (Clucky#1268) 

Blacjak (Blacjak#1696) vs Bye

Round 6

Blacjak (Blacjak#1696) vs Steev (Steev#1461) 

Clucky (Clucky#1268) vs Lixyl (Lixyl#1847) 

Sinical (Blind7sin#1832) vs Bye

Round 7

Blacjak (Blacjak#1696) vs Sinical (Blind7sin#1832) 

Qanda (Qanda#1484) vs Steev (Steev#1461) 

Clucky (Clucky#1268) vs Bye

When you finish a game, just post the results here and I'll edit the post and Lixyl will update the standings.

Good luck everyone! May the best monkey win!

Edited by Clucky

WqK8Cvg.png

Here is the grid which I will update!

I really encourage everyone to double-check their decks to make sure they fit with the 40 points rule. Other than that. Have fun!

Edited by Lixyl

h9vYq03.png

Here is the grid which I will update!

I really encourage everyone to double-check their decks to make sure they fit with the 40 points rule. Other than that. Have fun!

don't really need to have a column for bye. They aren't a player, it just means there is no one for you to get matched against that round. Does hockey not use that word in their tournaments? =P. Also maybe add a column for rounds won as that is the tiebreaker?

I didn't make a bye column, the site I used just included it because we're an odd number of people. I'll just fill the spaces with gray or something. Actually, I'll change it into this:

aaDx5Tg.png

Where "RW" = Round Wins

Clucky v Sinical is tentatively scheduled for 11 AM Pacific / 2 PM Eastern / 7 PM wherever Sinical lives this Saturday. Tune in to watch me get my monkey butt kicked!  :) (also hurrah for timezones and us living on the opposite sides of the globe!)

On a somewhat related note, I have limited access to time on that account. Would anybody else like to schedule a match around the end of mine and clucky's match?

Alas, I am going to have to bow out.  It was already going to be a little tight on time over the next 10 days (my mother is going to be visiting next week) but my daughter has a medical issue that is going to require a medical procedure under anesthesia next week so with that going on that is going to take away a couple of days of availability that I had.  Hate to miss it. Maybe I can go spectate a few of the matches.

Alas, I am going to have to bow out.  It was already going to be a little tight on time over the next 10 days (my mother is going to be visiting next week) but my daughter has a medical issue that is going to require a medical procedure under anesthesia next week so with that going on that is going to take away a couple of days of availability that I had.  Hate to miss it. Maybe I can go spectate a few of the matches.

aw okay. Hope everything goes well with your daughter  :)

Match 1: Clucky's Hunter vs Lixyl's Mage

Lixyl took a slight lead early but I did coin + timber wolf * 2 + unleash the hounds to clear his side of the board and then he never really regained control. Win Clucky

Match 2: Clucky's Paladin vs Lixyl's Mage

Didn't have enough minions. Lixyl beat me up.

Match 3: Clucky's Warlock vs Lixyl's Priest

I got close. Lead for a while. But flummluxed the ending and Lixyl won.

Match 4: Clucky's Warlock vs Lixyl's Warlock

Match was pretty even but Lixyl was just too strong in the end and I needed to clear the board and couldn't.

Overall did better than I thought. Probably could've won match 3 if I had played the ending better. Gonna need to make my priest deck better though cause otherwise I'm not getting three wins  :P

I agree with that, yeah. I never felt too threatened in the last game though, so from my point of view it wasn't too close. I was, however, very scared in the priest game.

Steev vs Lixyl...

Round 1: Mage vs Mage.  Lixyl takes it, never really being challenged past about turn 5.

Round 2: Mage vs Priest.  Lixyl takes a second one, this one going as far as fatigue before Steev finally concedes in the face of losing his last minion.

Round 3: Priest vs Warlock...and a well timed Mal'Ganis forces Steev to redirect his saved Hellfire and Soulfire, leaving him 3 points short of lethal the next turn...Lixyl follows that up by dropping a giant and a floating watcher to go along with his 5/8 Jarraxus.  Having an empty board at the time, nothing Steev could do, and Lixyl takes the match 3 rounds - 0.

So, yeah...might have to fine tune these decks a bit.

I honestly lost track of my own HP during that last game. Came pretty close to dying without even noticing. 

Updated the round robin grid. Took out NPM. Y'all need to do matches!

Game 1: Clucky (Hunter) vs Sinical (Mage)

Clucky runs over Sin like a tank. Winner: Clucky

Game 2: Clucky (Warlock) vs Sinical (Priest)

Close game, Clucky gets some lucky draws at the end to have a big final turn and kill Sinical (needed to tap to draw Soulfire and then have my one Soulfire not discard the other one)

Game 3: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Priest)

Sinical's Priest is too much for my crappy Paladin. He did this dumb "Steal my minion that brings everyone back when they die, then heal everyone but actually damage everyone so all of clucky's minions die and all of Sinicals come back to life" move that was dumb. Sinical wins.

Game 4a: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Warlock)

Game locks up midway through for Sinical, have to abandon it.

Game 4b: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Warlock)

Paladin fails again. He just isn't very good. Or rather, needs luck to be good. So isn't very good.

Game 5: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Mage)

Battle of our worst decks. I just don't get any of my good cards when I need them.  :( So despite me taking the first two matches, Sinical wins overall 3-2.

Game 1: Clucky (Hunter) vs Sinical (Mage)

Clucky runs over Sin like a tank. Winner: Clucky

Game 2: Clucky (Warlock) vs Sinical (Priest)

Close game, Clucky gets some lucky draws at the end to have a big final turn and kill Sinical (needed to tap to draw Soulfire and then have my one Soulfire not discard the other one)

Game 3: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Priest)

Sinical's Priest is too much for my crappy Paladin. He did this dumb "Steal my minion that brings everyone back when they die, then heal everyone but actually damage everyone so all of clucky's minions die and all of Sinicals come back to life" move that was dumb. Sinical wins.

Game 4a: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Warlock)

Game locks up midway through for Sinical, have to abandon it.

Game 4b: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Warlock)

Paladin fails again. He just isn't very good. Or rather, needs luck to be good. So isn't very good.

Game 5: Clucky (Paladin) vs Sinical (Mage)

Battle of our worst decks. I just don't get any of my good cards when I need them.  :( So despite me taking the first two matches, Sinical wins overall 3-2.

Yeah, the double-power-overwhelming-double-soulfire was awesome.  And Sin's stealing Kel'Thuzad was just wrong...awesome, but wrong.

And yes, Sinical and I played right after that.

Sinical's priest beat my warlock when he mind control'd mal'ganis.

SInical's warlock beat my warlock, but at least that was a close game.

SInical's mage beat my priest due to overwhelming board control that just never managed to clear.

I'm still salty abut that second game..

Did my matches v steev, I won 3-0.

I think I actually had you earlier in the second game if I had seen it. I had like +4 spell damage down, you were at 21 or 22 HP. I had soulfire (8), darkbomb (7) and Hellfire (7). I don't think I dropped any spell damage that turn, so if I had done darkbomb, then soulfire, and soulfire didn't hit hellfire I might've had game.

Glad to see people playing their matches. And now I really can't wait to play against Sinical, I wanna see who gets the first loss between us :P

Updated the grid.

Due to time zone differences, I will have to specially schedule matches. I should be available to play on 24 Dec from 8pm onwards (PST). Please let me know who will be available!

Qanda wins 3-0. Got rather lucky with starting hands in games 1/3. 2 was fairer but I just got out played  :P

Lixyl won 3-2

Was a lot closer than I expected. One misplay in the final made the difference. T_T

Oh well, at least I'm a lot more confident about actually winning the thing as a whole now.

Edited by Sinical

Yeah, I started by going up 2-0, he came back. Was scared. 

I think we both got lucky in different matches. I made one or two more significant misplays, and I know he made a few as well. It's unlikely to be ever possible, but I'd love to be able to play against Sinical when we both have our accounts, with no point limits on the decks.

Edit:

Updated the grid. BLACJAK GET PLAYING!

Edited by Lixyl

Lost 2-3 to Lixyl. Made the mistake of trying out an experimental rush warrior deck (which contributed to two losses even though one was literally decided by a 1hp difference). I thought I was allowed to change decks after losing once with a deck (the rules don't say you can't use a deck again after you have won with it, only that you have to change decks after winning - would not have tried the warrior deck if I knew I had to win at least once with it). Still, they were fun games.

Edited by Qanda