Code

Welp, I'm a Dad

My little boy is finally here.  He was born yesterday at 1.  He weighs 6 lbs. 2 oz, and is 18 inches long.  He has a head full of light red hair and blue eyes as of now...  but that could change.  

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm really happy for you man! I wish you the best of luck for the next 18-20 years. I've always wanted to be a dad myself, and seeing someone else take that first step into parenthood is just amazing.

Wow!! So exciting for you! Congrats! Good luck on this big life change. Hope you three have a happy family always! (or as always as two year olds and teenagers will allow)

Congrats Code.

It's amazing to think I've seen you grow from a sixteen year old kid to being a full man with a family of his own.

Good luck Code

We both know our childhoods left something to be desired. Don't be scared though I've known you for over a decade and you're going to learn from the past and not repeat it. You're going to be a great dad.

Just to give you a head start .

http://www.dadsbadjokes.com/

AWW YEAH BABY~! (Okay, I'll stop now.)

It's amazing to think I've seen you grow from a sixteen year old kid to being a full man with a family of his own.

This. Though I can't actually remember how old Code was when I joined X-Evo. But this is definitely a landmark. We've had a couple of marriages take place over the years, but this is the first baby to be born in this community.

His name is James Webb.  We are calling him Jamie.  And he's a very...  well, he's quiet for a baby.

And Mommy hasn't been changing any of his diapers yet.  It's all been me lol, but only because I want the practice.

Strat:  Life has a funny irony to it, I've come to find.  Children who lacked Fathers or who had terrible Fathers turn out to be the best Fathers in some cases, because their own Fathers taught them through example of how NOT to parent.  As was the case with mine.

But...  things are not like that any more between me and him.  I digress.

BlacJak: Whoops.  Spelled it wrong.  Oh well.  I know what youmean.  I was expecting "Alien Refugee" and ended up with "Soft Pink Bundle of Sleepiness."  Not like I'm complaining.

Now that I think of it, yeah...  this is the first baby born into our community.  Huzzah!  *waves Sparkbomb-First flag*

His name is James Webb.  We are calling him Jamie.  And he's a very...  well, he's quiet for a baby.

And Mommy hasn't been changing any of his diapers yet.  It's all been me lol, but only because I want the practice.

Sounds like things are off to a great start. And props for immediately jumping in to the diaper changing... it's a really good idea that I'll need to keep in mind for if I'm ever so lucky.

Nephews mean I have all the diaper changing practice I could ever need. On everything from newborn to 4yr old.

Trust me when I say a breastmilk diaper is the best diaper if you have to change one.

Yeah that can definitely change. I was totally a redhead as a baby but ended up blond. But I have a red beard so now people only see that and declare me a redhead so...

Anyways, congrats. :)

Sounds like things are off to a great start. And props for immediately jumping in to the diaper changing... it's a really good idea that I'll need to keep in mind for if I'm ever so lucky.

I've also been doing all of the feeding and burping just about.  Like I said, been volunteering for it.  I just want to make sure I know how to do it before we get home, and plus, I mean...  she carried him for 9 Months, and all I did on the outside was read him stories heh.  So I feel like its my time to contribute, and let Mama rest.

And yeah, the easiest ones to change are the newborn diapers.  You start out with them, and it makes it easier to move into the other more volatile bits of hazardous material.  Newborn poops look gross but are generally odorless (at least in Jamie's case).  The more formula the baby gets, the more colorful and smelly his evacuations become.

Nephews mean I have all the diaper changing practice I could ever need. On everything from newborn to 4yr old.

Trust me when I say a breastmilk diaper is the best diaper if you have to change one.

Don't have any family close enough to experience anything like that lol.  It's all new to me...  but I'm nothing if not a fast learner.

Yeah that can definitely change. I was totally a redhead as a baby but ended up blond. But I have a red beard so now people only see that and declare me a redhead so...

Anyways, congrats. :)

Yeah, I was blonde when I was born, but my hair is a really dark brown.  Eyes were the same color as my boy's, and now they are more a gray-blue color (though they have been known to darken when my anger flares a bit).

I was hoping that he'd get his Mom's eyes--she has heterochromia.  One eye is brown, and the other is a green.  Sometimes blue.  But both share a distinct trait that is cool...  her eyes have a sunflower pattern that circles her pupils.  She says mine has something similar--but its white rather than orange.

And like mine, her pattern flares out when she's mad.

~~~