123 posts in this topic

ditch the tag thing, it's annoying

ANYWAY WE NEED MORE VIDEOGAMES HERE

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE PLAYIN'?

I've recently acquired a PSP and a few games for it, so I've been messing around with Persona 3 Portable. It's good as an RPG, but the social link thingies get pretty annoying, I liked Devil Survivor's formula better I am going to get a lilim to level cap and nobody can stop me.

The tag crap is for search results here on the forum. It may or may not have a minor impact on our Google results. (And it may or may not need to be restricted to Staff use if it's not removed.)

I had started Xenoblade Chronicles between Black Friday and Christmas. Only got a few hours into it. Music's pretty spectacular, plot's all right, and while I'm not as impressed so far as the hype says I should be, I do hope to find more time for it. ... that is, after I finish A Link Between Worlds, which means that both of my favorite games now have awesome remakes- er, well, A Link Between Worlds isn't a remake, I suppose. But being back in the world of A Link to the Past is an awesome nostalgia trip, and the bosses have a perfect difficulty. Most Zelda game bosses are so easy, but the bosses here probably take twice the normal number of hits to kill, making this much more enjoyable. (I've also nearly been killed a couple of times.)

I've been playing DOTA 2 or Magic via Cockatrice when I get the itch to game throughout the day. There haven't been any big releases recently that I've been super psyched about, the last one was Bioshock Infinite.

Zen likes this

My sister introduced me to League of Legends...

I'm way behind the times, but I'm making my way through the first Assasssin's Creed now that I have a new laptop that can actually handle it. And I have Bastion almost finished. Or rather, I think I'm near the end, but I don't want this beautiful game to end so I'm upgrading everything and finishing all the "side quests" so I can hold off entering the last level for as long as I can.

Picked up Diablo 3 ps3 for Sarah and I to play.

Playing Witch doctor with Demon Hunter alt.

Sarah plays Barbarian. Just hit act 2

Glad to hear about ALBW I picked it up opening day and haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Lots and lots of League. Also some Starbound, but I'm not really soloing it much. I really need to finish all the Citadel DLC for ME3, and I really need to get back into Guild Wars, and I really need to download this Cockatrice thing Zen is talking about...

League mostly here too. Love The Stanley Parable. When I'm feeling masochistic I play Binding of Isaac. Steadily playing more Starbound. I have a ton of games that I haven't even started yet T_T Haven't had the time.

Minecraft..which my laptop seems to struggle running but not anything else o3o I will be getting back into my final fantasy games soon.

My laptop gets a lot of slowdown while playing Rogue Legacy, and it's driving me crazy because I want to play it so much.

So alternatively, playing Monaco.

And always Pokemon and Animal Crossing on 3DS.

Pretty much bored of league. After hitting gold in 40 ranked games in the alst week of last season....I've pretty much lost all interest in playing. Certainly not helped by riot making the tanks that do a ######load of damage so stronk. (Nasus, shyv, mundo etc)

So the steam winter sales came up and I accidentally too many games.

Tomb raider, brutal legend, brothers, crusader kings 2, dishonored, dragon age origins, king of fighters XIII, skullgirls, long live the queen, metro 2033, rogue legacy, shadow warrior and spelunky. Should keep me busy for a while.

As for what I've actually been playing

Osu! :  Some say that I've played too much of this game. I couldn't disagree, but I've got really ######ing good at it.

Street fighter 4 AE: The game that's replaced LoL for my competitive fix. I'm still not great...and I recently switched to an arcade stick which has made me even worse. But Im learning!

Sahdow warrior: Pretty solid FPS/sword game. A lot of the mechanics are more "old school". No hiding behind cover, medikits, no ######ty aiming down sights. Was fun/10 for the most part. For the harder parts of the game I did have to resort to using one attack repeatedly though...which wasn't the most fun thing.

Spelunky: This game has critical acclaim but I don't see why. It's a solid roguelike..but that's about it IMO. It seems to be completely outshined by binding of isaac and even the below rogue legacy. That said, co-op was hilarious, throwing your partner into spikes never gets old.

Rogue legacy: Another roguelike, decent combat for the genre and different classes help to avoid repitition. Only flaw with the game is that grinding is a necessity.

alan wake: Has been in my steam library for a while now, only got around to playing it yesterday. My god it's ######ing great. Atmosphere is perfect, combat is interesting and the story seems great so far (Almost at the end). Would definitely recommend.

skullgirls: Another fighting game! Bought pretty much solely so I have a collection to play against my friend who gets fed up of losing on a particular game after a week or two, so we can then switch to a new one which I learn faster and beat him. Game seems decent, but small character cast and combos are too damaging at high level for my tastes.

KoF XIII: See above. Haven't even really played this much at all. Looks hard.

DIVEUKICK: #1 fighting game. Hilarious, brings the genre down to it's fundamentals and I'm pretty damn good at it. Was ranked top 50 at my peak.

Hotline miami: Had already completed twice before...but replayed through it again yesterday because "why not". A great few hours of fun and would recommend to almost anybody.

Long live the queen: Mahou shoujo game of thrones. I saw this on sale and thought it looked stupid, looked into the reviews and it turned out it was actually a strategy based visual novel where everyone is trying to kill you. The main flaw with this game though is the fact that events in it are relatively static and it comes down to trial and error with which stats to level. Was still entertaining to play.

Walking dead Season 2: Loved the first season, hoping this one is as good.

Oh yeah, I also had a PS4 pre-ordered. Probably have a total of 10 hours playtime on that. Worth it.

Edited by Sinical

Ok so... I have a lot of Steam games, lately I've been into...
Rogue Legacy
Path of Exile
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Risk of Rain
Skullgirls
Don't Starve

Waiting for the character wipe to get into Starbound

On my to play is

Long live the Queen
Spelunky
Valdis Story
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Dragon Age Origins - trying out a new character.  Human Fighter...  or warrior.  Or whatever DA calls the sword-shield user class.  Just got to Ostagar, so not very far in the game with this one.  

Pokemon X Version - Beaten.  Been breeding for a Shiny Greninja with Protean.  Also, some of my Fiance's coworkers play too, and have been wanting to battle me, so I've been trying to train up my team accordingly.  

Pokemon Y Version - About to start this.  Me and Bev actually bred a Starter Pokemon for each other, and she's starting X.  Going to attempt a Nuzlocke.

Halo 4 - Been getting back to SWAT with friends.  Also, been working on my Big Project for Sparkbomb as well on here.  

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Me and Bev have been playing this a lot here lately.  I love it immensely.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 got an update! Which means I've been playing it a lot. There's Pokemon Y and Hearthstone as well, but EBF4 man, The new sword is absolutely bonkers.

Also playing hearthstone.

At first I was really bad at it. Then I actually made a deck and put some thought into it. I'm currently 11-0 with it including my first win against roxy-senpai, despite getting the unluckiest start possible that game.

Divine shields OP.

Edited by Sinical

Got into the titanfall beta. My feelings on it are.....mixed.

On the one hand I love the free running/jetpack dynamics this game adds. Titans are also interesting. But I hate the AI grunts added to the game and complete lack of weapon recoil.

Overall I'll probably get the game once it's 50% off in a year or so. No time for titanfall when Dark Souls 2 comes out at the same time.

Edit: Scratch that. I love this game.

Edited by Sinical

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Hard/Classic, even though Newcomer mode was extremely tempting.

I dropped Fredrick as soon as I could due to previous past experiences with FE pre-promoted horsemen you get at the start of the game (SEEEEEEEEEEEETH), but reading around it looks like I've made a bad decision. AH WELL.

Okay, so a follow up on titanfall. Downloaded the beta today and.....apparently I've been playing it for 12 hours now. This game is what FPS games have been missing for ages and it's the most fun I've had in one since Halo 3/CoD4.

After further testing, I don't really have a problem with the lack of recoil as it's so fast paced, although I do think the minions still make too much of a difference on the game outcome.

Titans are fun to play and I'm amazing in Titan Vs Titan combat. The only main problem with them as maps tend to be fairly restrictive with where titans can travel, often having to go through narrow chokepoints due to their lack of vertical movement.

But if titans are fun...then the parkour is amazing. Especially when you use it to take out titans.

Here's some footage of me playing earlier. (Warning: The music is....different)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZnQxtWovps

But yeah, if anybody here is remotely interested in FPS games and has some way of playing it, I suggest you try it. It's open beta for a few days.

So I've been playing one finger death punch the last day or so. I have to admit it's been pretty ######ing fun.

The basic premise is that it's a brawler game played with only two buttons. One button attacks left, one button attacks right. It sounds really simple and boring. Well, it's simple enough for the enemies that die in one hit. But then there are coloured enemies which take multiple hits in changing directions, weapons added and the brawlers who are like complex QTE's to mix things up. 

Add the ever ramping speed and over the top action..and the end result is a ridiculously fun game.

Here's the end part of a run I did on the blind survivor mode in the game. It's a bit harder than the standard mode as it does not display the range of your attacks (Which is a problem because if you miss an attack you're gonna get hurt) or the moves required to kill the coloured opponents (You instead either have to memorise their pattern or react to it), but it gets across the point of the game pretty well.

(The nunchaku bit at the start is a bonus round where you can recover some health and not exactly representative of the normal gameplay)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDFMN8Xygzc

But yeah...if anybody here likes fast paced games, it might be worth looking into this despite the games lack of polish. It's really cheap on steam.

Edited by Sinical

Update: Playing south park stick of truth. All thanks to nebiros XD she got me addicted to the freaking game. If you don't mind the offensive...disturbing level of south park i highly recommend playing it.

I've been playing Dark Souls to prepare for the Dark Souls 2 PC release in April. God I love this game.
Been thinking about Titanfall, but not sure if my computer can run it.