On breaks at work, I'm playing Fire Emblem: Awakening on the hardest difficulty there is.  I gotta say...  it's certainly a challenge, but I was expecting something more difficult.

You either haven't unlocked the hardest difficulty or are a mad, mad man.

FE:awakening on the hardest difficulty is basically impossible.  The second-hardest is doable with DLC maps, a ton of reloading, and a lot of luck, but the hardest wasn't designed to be beatable.

I thought people did Chrom only playthroughs on the hardest difficulty for funzies. Or do they tend to stick to easier difficulties? 

Just finished link between worlds. I feel like it was about as much as you could expect from a 2D zelda game... but it showed the reasons why Zelda moved to 3d. Dungeons just weren't as big feeling or interesting enough. A couple were cool, and was still fun, but I donno... just felt lacking in places.

I always had trouble getting into the handheld Zeldas (only finishing Link's Awakening, somehow bringing myself to play through it twice to unlock the bonus in the ending), but A Link Between Worlds was easy to slip into. Maybe because it followed up A Link to the Past and had the proper scope. The switch to 3D was solely because everything switched to 3D during the N64/PSX era.

In the meantime, I have Borderlands 2, Dead Space 2 and Arkham Origins to keep me company.  How far have you gotten in Origins, Rift?  It's been a delight.

I finished it last night, and I wrapped up some of the Most Wanted tonight. (I'm not going to bother rounding up all 20 prisoners, though.) I'll have to wait a few days before I can get the Mr. Freeze DLC (which sounds like it's worthwhile). All in all, I was pleasantly surprised. I remembered there being a lot of hate for Origins when it was released (probably because it didn't do anything new), and while it's certainly the weakest of the three games, it was still pretty good. I liked the city better than I did in Arkham City (which seems to put me in the minority). The plot was very hit-and-miss, though. There was some point in City where I just buckled up for the ride and couldn't stop playing until I finished. Pacing was all over the place in Origins, though. Busting into the GCPD? Awesome. The hotel? Awesome. A lot of the side stuff along the way, including some of the assassins? Really hit and miss, with some of it being a letdown. Batman also felt too powerful in the plot (especially for this being in his first(?) year as Batman). I don't remember Asylum or City having a point where I thought Batman couldn't realistically keep going, but I had that feeling a couple of times here. The predator rooms were also far less interesting than in the previous games (not to mention you never revisit the rooms later). All in all, it was a really enjoyable experience, and the faults simply put it below the other two games. Oh, and the shock gloves were awesome.

Just finished link between worlds. I feel like it was about as much as you could expect from a 2D zelda game... but it showed the reasons why Zelda moved to 3d. Dungeons just weren't as big feeling or interesting enough. A couple were cool, and was still fun, but I donno... just felt lacking in places.

I always had trouble getting into the handheld Zeldas (only finishing Link's Awakening, somehow bringing myself to play through it twice to unlock the bonus in the ending), but A Link Between Worlds was easy to slip into. Maybe because it followed up A Link to the Past and had the proper scope. The switch to 3D was solely because everything switched to 3D during the N64/PSX era.

Sure, but I feel like some games (Sonic, DK, Worms...) work better in 2D which is why you've seen newer iterations go back to the 2D format.

Other games like Mario work well in both 3D and 2D and you still see both.

Zelda works better in 3D which is why (up til now) its stayed that way

Zelda has had several 2D games released on handhelds after it's 3D debut. I think that 2D and 3D Zelda games play very differently though, although they're both very good.
Sonic release too much on speed (or the illusion thereof) to be very good in 3D. Although a lot of people don't really understand how to play Sonic games even when they're 2D.
Metroid is one franchise that works well in 2D and 3D that really feels the same regardless.

Sonic Adventure is still a great game and is in 3d.

You can call Donkey Kong 64 not really a Donkey Kong game (Although I loved it)

Zelda handhelds have stayed to 2d (Although Links Awakening has the double layered fake z axis) I don't have an issue with this.

Sonic Adventure is still a great game and is in 3d.

You can call Donkey Kong 64 not really a Donkey Kong game (Although I loved it)

Zelda handhelds have stayed to 2d (Although Links Awakening has the double layered fake z axis) I don't have an issue with this.

Wait was Spirit Tracks 2D or 3D? Never played it but thought it was 3D...

Back on topic...

Batman: Arkham Origins.  I've played and loved Asylum and City, and was excited to play this one...  I was waiting for the price to go down on it...  and I finally got my wish apparently.  Found a copy a while back for cheap, but never got to play it continuously until recently.  I'm digging it--I like how they're trying to mix together elements present in the comics' "Year One" storyline (Brendan, Gordon's time before he was a Commissioner, etc.) with Arkham's unique universe.  In addition, its refreshing to see the Arkhamverse take on the origin stories of some of the villains.  Plus, its the first game to feature Black Mask actively...  and Black Mask is one of my fave Batman villains to date.  Deathstroke and Deadshot, two other favorites from the DC Universe, are also present.

I've beaten Origins, and I liked it.  I wish that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill could have reprized their roles as Batman and The Joker, respectively, but I am happy that the company made an attempt to find someone who sounded like the two.  I'm in the middle of completing everything that the game has to offer and I have one thing to say.

Enigma is a ######.

Edited by Code

Today I conquered the beast that dominated my childhood.

Fester's Quest.

WOW, congratulations man.  That was obnoxious as a kid.

I'm currently finishing the Dark Souls II DLC, playing a little civ 5 here and there and always...ALWAYS playing Project M (Smash brothers Brawl mod.  Check it out).  My Ike game is so tight, it's not even funny.  Quickdraw wall jump ledge grab denying 4 days

Diablo 3 on PS4, way way better than the original PC release.
Fallout NV, doing a no kill run.
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Smash Bros 3DS

I recently purchased an XBox One and a Gamefly subscription.

I've been playing:

Destiny - The gunplay is perfect. It feels, looks and sounds amazing. The story is alright in comparison. After realizing that the end-game content would be an incredibly long grind, I decided to step away from the game. I'm going to finish the campaign then I probably won't touch it until changes are made to the end-game.

Diablo III - I'm playing this game with one of my closest friends who is about to leave for a internship. We've blasted through the main story acts in a few days of play and have just started the Act 5 Death expansion. I'm pretty stoked to see new content after playing through the first four acts countless times on the PC version. I really impressed with this console port.

Shadow of Mordor -  I was ready to put this game down after playing an hour. It felt uninspired and repetitive, a bad imitation of Assassin's creed. But after giving it another chance, I've fallen in love with the Nemesis system, the open world and the brutal combat. I intend to play this game to completion.

Titanfall - Review pending. It's fun.

Plants vs. Zombies - It's ok. I enjoy it. Not amazing.

Lords of the Fallen - Hated it. I love the Souls series and this felt unnecessarily clunky and poorly optimized.

Dat FFXV Demo.

(Yeah, Code finally has a PS4).

I find it interesting in terms of the gameplay.  The graphics are good.  I can't say much for the story--too soon to tell.  But I am disappointed (as I understand many are) that there aren't more female protagonists in the demo, but again, too soon to tell.  At the very least, its not "Press X, watch cinematic, run around; lather, rinse, repeat" like XIII.  Gameplay reminds me of the Kingdom Hearts series, but with a more...  mature, dark feel to it.  And Noctis' ability to conjure weapons in practice is spectacular, not to mention the Warp ability's use.  If you have a next gen and are able to give Episode Duscae a go, then by all means.

...if only Type-0 had been this good.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

What's that you say?  I can do all the cool stuff I did in I&II and also close rifts to the fade?  Areas are incredibly open with enemies of varying levels spread throughout?  There's a nice farming system to exploit (War Room)?  I can ride horses?  And Dracolisks?  AND FREAKING MOOSES?

Well, that's all well and good...  but I still can't jump.

...wait, I can do that, too?

SOLD.

The Order: 1887

######ing lycans.

I played through Back to the Future - The Game recently. It's just a point-and-click, but the nostalgia trip was well worth it. Most of all, I was impressed by the character writing. There were some very sincere moments where, despite what you (the player) and Marty wanted to accomplish, you understood why certain characters were working against you. There were some underlying ethical concerns about the morality of time travel (never explicitly stated) that were worth considering as well. I don't think it's an experience I'll ever touch again, but it was well worth the trip to experience.

Meanwhile, my guilty cell phone pleasure, The Simpsons Tapped Out, added the Springfield Heights update. I'm embarrassed to say that my cell has been sitting open far too much these past few days, which is something that hasn't happened to me outside of events since I first started playing.

Also, Universe Sandbox is both a waste of money and the best screensaver I've ever seen. Steam Sales don't touch my wallet, but somehow I consider Humble sales every time.

Soul calibur V

Blazblue:cs ex

tekken tag 2

divekick

lethal league

mahvel 3

I visited roxy-chan and beat him at all of the above games. (Okay, blaz was close I guess..)

You w0t m8. Lethal League was all me.

We also played a lot of Hearthstone. Averaged about 8 wins in around 10 runs and got me a Mal'Ganis. That wasn't bad at all.

Edited by Roxeon

Playing a lot of ARK: Survival Evolved on a server I admin for.

Playing a bit of Skyforge, but the grind is really real in there.

Mostly phone games:

Plants vs Zombies 2 (I just do the daily thing)

Words with Friends

Neko Atsume

My friends want me to get into Hearthstone and Minecraft. I'm just too lazy and would rather nap when I get free time. I play League twice a year at random.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Gave up looking for my copy of OR and finally just bit the bullet and bought a used copy of AS.  And you know what?  The last person to have it had LOTS of good Pokemon that I traded into my box in Y.  Particularly starters from earlier generations (the Unova trio, and some of the Sinnoh trio too), a Deoxys, Latios AND Latias.  If only they had made the trip to Sea Mauville.  LUGIA.

I'm on the third badge, delivering Devon Parts.  I've played through most of this already, so I'm mainly skipping through the story, and level grinding my team like hell.  So far, my team is as follows...  and they are all named for Musical Genres or something to do with Music.

KADABRA - LV18 - M

"Techno" / Synchronize / Relaxed

-Confusion

-Teleport

-Disable

-

NOTES:  I just caught Techno not long ago.  Been taking advantage of Trainers wanting to rematch with me, and using them as Grinding Fodder to level him.  Aiming for Alakazam, with Alakazamite.  I had Gengar (named Boo!) in my playthrough of X.  I figured I'd go with his opposite from the original Gen (I always imagined a rivalry between Abra's line and Gastly's, that was not helped by the Sabrina and Lavender Town ark in anime and The Electric Tale of Pikachu Manga).

KIRLIA - LV20 - M

"Pop" / Synchronize / Hasty

-Disarming Voice

-Confusion

-Magical Leaf

-Teleport

NOTES:  I had intended to go for Gallade with Pop...  but I think ultimately I'll be replacing him with something else later.  I have two Psychic types now with Techno, and I've never really liked having multiple Pokemon on my teams with the same types.  I'll probably still evolve it into Gallade and even get his Megastone, just for the sake of having it, but...  I see lots of Box in Pop's future.

SHEDINJA - LV20 - ?

"Soul" / Wonder Guard / Adamant

-Cut

-Mud-Slap

-Leech Life

-False Swipe

NOTES:  I honestly did not know the method of obtaining Shedinja until this game.  Nincada never did appeal to me before, and his Evolutions did, but not enough for me to capture him.  But I'm trying some new stuff in AS, so once I found that Shedinja appears in your party if you have extra space and a spare Pokeball, I figured I'd give it a go, if nothing more than getting its Dex Entry.  And you know what?  I like the hell out of Soul.  I wouldn't take him online or anything but he was instrumental in taking down Brawly.  Nothing could touch him thanks to Wonder Guard.  His HP Stat makes me cringe but all-in-all, I dig Soul.  I just need to get him a better move set.

NINJASK - LV20 - M

"Rhythm" / Speed Boost / Adamant

-Cut

-Double Team

-Fury Cutter

-False Swipe

NOTES:  I was not sure about Rhythm when I first decided to catch, raise and evolve a Nincada to get both Ninjask and Shedinja.  Nincada's growth rate was horrible, taking an obscene amount of time to level him high enough to Evolve.  I have a feeling this will be the case with Ninjask too.  Despite that, I plan on keeping Rhythm on until he gives me a reason not to.  Right now, he is instrumental in me filling up my boxes and Dex thanks to his move pool.  Speed Boost and Double Team make him one of the fastest, and evasive Pokemon on my current team, as well.  Once again, just need to get him a better move set.  Funny how the two Pokemon that originated from Nincada both have the same probs.

MIGHTYENA - LV20 - M

"Punk" / Intimidate / Brave

-Fire Fang

-Howl

-Snarl

-Bite

NOTES:  The first use of the DexNav (the Poochyena with Fire Fang that you encounter when May is trying to show you how to creep up).  Punk is just a place filler...  I'm waiting it out for a Houndour to replace him, so that I have Fire and Dark type coverage.  And the possibility of Mega Evolution is certainly a plus, even if I hear bad things about M-Houndoom.  For now, he was that Pokemon I "caught and raised to fill the Dex, and am keeping around til something better comes along."  Sorry, Punk...  but like your namesake, you are being replaced by something I am planning to call "Metal."  *Metal horns*

MARSHTOMP - LV20 - M

"Blues" / Torrent / Careful

-Bide

-Growl

-Water Gun

-Mud Shot

NOTES:  I normally go with Treecko as my starter for the Hoenn games.  I like its design (I like all Reptillian starter designs, except Snivy's later forms, honestly), and its Mega Evolution is awesome.  But...  I already chose Treecko for my playthrough of OR.  I wanted to try something different with AS, and since I already have had both a Treecko and Torchic that were capable of Mega Evolution, the only logical step was to choose Mudkip.  I don't really use him much, but his ungodly growth rate has him on level ground with the others.  I need to get him some different moves in preparation for Swampert and M.Swampert...  but all in due time.

And before I go into Prospects for future team members...  I'd like to point out that this team build is specifically for CLEARING THE MAIN STORY.  I plan on building an entirely different Competitive Team at a later date.

PROSPECTS:  

-A Houndour (naming it Metal).  Once I find our Game case in our packed stuff, I plan on seeing if my wife can catch one on her copy of X, since I gave mine to her cousin when I got Y and Omega Ruby.  I'll breed it from that one.  I don't want anything that has a high growth rate because of it being traded over right now.

-A Scyther (D.M., for "Death-Metal).  I may get this specifically for Scizor and M.Scizor.  This may or may not replace Ninjask.  We'll see.

-A Sable-Eye or a comparable Ghost-Type (named Dirge).  I've always liked Sable-Eye's design...  and ORAS introduced a Mega Form for it, though like M.Houndoom I've heard bad things about it.  And I feel naked without a Ghost Type on my team.

-A Cyndaquil (not sure what to name it).  I heard that the Johto starters are offered after defeating the Elite 4.  Definitely grabbing up my second favorite Johto-Starter and Fire-Type Starter.  Typhlosion may replace whatever I have going on for Fire-Type coverage when I finally get it.

-A Bagon (name still up in the air.  Heh.  Like Salamence).  This team needs a Dragon-Type!  Just sayin'!

-A Beldum (naming it Dubstep).  If I ever find my copy of OR, I may just breed one from my Shiny Metagross.  I would love to play through with another badass Shiny M.Metagross on my team.

Other than that, been playing Witcher III.  Mostly just wandering around and getting experience by investigating undiscovered locations, as well as taking on hunts that I can actually survive at my current level.  Its lots of fun and I enjoy the style of the gameplay, where the game encourages the use of strategy to slay contracted monsters, rather than "HIT IT TIL IT DIES" like so many other RPGs do.

Also, Last of Us Remastered (PS4)...  I got it as a downloadable when I got my PS4.  Not having good internet at home (I'm tethering on my slowed 4G LTE via my Windows Phone), of course, makes it a pain to have games in this format.  Especially since the game likes to allow you to play, even when it hasn't been downloaded entirely.  I thought I had downloaded the entire game at a friends' house, but I had just downloaded the first chapter.  > : (  I am seriously thinking of just buying the damned disk for the game instead.  At least then I can play it through without having to wait for the next day off that I can visit friend, and leech off of his internet.  I really like the game.  The fact that I keep starting and stopping playing it?  Not so much.