I have tried playing the 3DS version of Mario Maker, but without an online share, or someone who I could regularly trade levels with, it quickly became boring. It was fun for a day while my brother was in town, though.

I think Link's Awakening was the game I played most growing up. I only had 5 carts for my Gameboy so it got a lot of use. I still remember spending hours swimming through walls and exploring the random mess that interlinked the dungeons if you abused the screen transition glitch.

I am still playing Pokemon GO, but the introduction of the legendary birds has brought out organization in the community that rivals the first month excitement. It's almost like a flash mob when 30+ people gather for a legendary raid, then disperse 20 minutes later to get to the next one.

Yeah, it's a shame the 3DS version is missing one of the essential ingredients that makes the game worthwhile.

Auhin's Thwomp level was pretty fun. Anyway, snagged world record for several of his levels and starred most of them. I probably upped the death count a fair amount since I was making a lot of risky jumps when I'm not especially good, but I also found the jumps the most interesting part of gameplay.

8 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

I think Link's Awakening was the game I played most growing up. I only had 5 carts for my Gameboy so it got a lot of use. I still remember spending hours swimming through walls and exploring the random mess that interlinked the dungeons if you abused the screen transition glitch.

That was one of the early (and beautiful) insights into programming, knowing that the entire underworld was on one screen (so to speak) similar to the overworld. I owned the DX(?) GBC version, so I only got to use the glitch once or twice on a friend's cart.

Edited by Shattered Rift

45 minutes ago, Bed said:

I'm playing starcraft. Lets play again. Got the remastered version.

How is the remaster?

A friend and I fired up Sonic 3 with Knuckles recently. Mostly just to kill time for a couple of afternoons. Got through Sonic 3 just fine with all of the Chaos Emeralds, but we botched the Super Emerald stages and then just couldn't handle that underground volcano/crystal zone.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, Shattered Rift said:

How is the remaster?

A friend and I fired up Sonic 3 with Knuckles recently. Mostly just to kill time for a couple of afternoons. Got through Sonic 3 just fine with all of the Chaos Emeralds, but we botched the Super Emerald stages and then just couldn't handle that underground volcano/crystal zone.

The remaster has been great. Once you play on these graphics, you can't go back to the old version. Everything seems to be like the old game, with just improved graphics, and a new ladder system. 

I wish they would fix multiplayer, functionally. There's still bottleneck lag issues which wouldn't hurt to fix. I'm not sure how easy it would be to change the netcode though. 

I'm just having fun doing some fastest possible maps. Will probably get bored after some more hours I suppose. But it's still a gem to  have in my opinion.

I recently replayed KotOR (and got partway into KotOR II before getting distracted). It's still good overarching writing, but it really doesn't hold up well.

On mobile, I've been playing Transformers: Earth Wars and Digimon Links. TF:EW is a really slow-moving grind, but it's actually a really solid idea. I'd love a more fleshed out version as a full game. Digimon Links seems to be following the engines from the recent PS4 installments, and it's paced grindfest.

Divinity original sin 2: Pretty damn good, although has less freedom with character choice than the first in my opinion. Seems like you really need to go in on physical or magic, not a hybrid.

Danganronpa v3: Love the series....can't even finish this game. Thoroughly mediocre so far.

Hitman: It's hitman. It's pretty good.

I've been playing Pokemon GO still, but lately I've been playing Zelda: Link Between Worlds and Zelda: Skyward Sword. More or less because I said I wouldn't buy a switch until I got through those, and I bought a switch (my excuse - it's still in the box).

Link Between Worlds has been fun, minus the stupid mini-games that ruin the Piece of Heart quest in almost every game. The baseball thing I hated, and the timed BS like the run across the map and gather rupees before the invisible timer runs out just grate on me. Other than those, though, it was a lot of the old Link to the Past fun, with a great new perspective with the wall-merge ability. The sand rod was interesting, as were the new variations on the ice and fire rods (coming from above and coming from below, respectively). I really love the level design, especially on the Ice Palace. I hate the slippery floor mechanic that gets abused, but the mass of floors and intricate pathways with switches and the roaming block that you keep moving around are awesome. I also loved how this didn't feel linear at all after entering Lorule. I got no indication of which one to start with, and I think I started with the second and third hardest without realizing it because after the first two, they were all far easier until I got to the Ice Palace (and I'm not even sure that was meant to be the hardest).

I don't like the controls in Skyward Sword. Nintendo did not have motion controls worked out well enough to be used in the way it was on this game. The flight mode is painful, and even Skyward Slash is hard to execute because pointing the control upward breaks line of sight and makes it unreliable. That said, the story is interesting and the puzzles make a lot of sense with the new ground they broke with the game. Not a fan of the character design as much as other games, but I can see why others like it.

Really nervous about Breath of the Wild, but I'm told they didn't make the same mistakes with motion control on it.

I also have Nefarious in my queue. It's essentially supposed to be a villain's perspective game. I was a sponsor with the Kickstarter, but I honestly didn't follow it very closely. My impression is that you're capturing princesses and defending your keep against heroes that come to save them. I played a demo game a while back on Wii that seemed like a similar concept, but it was Final Fantasy themed and very simplistic with towers you built that amounted to floors with defenses to annihilate waves of generic heroes with varying HP and weapons.

EDIT: Strike that, Link Between Worlds is evil and dumb, and I hate it. Also, it's Dead Man's Volley mechanic at the end is horribly designed.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

22 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

Nintendo did not have motion controls worked out well enough to be used in the way it was on this game.

Are you using a Nintendo-brand Wiimote, Motion Plus attachment, or off-brand? I was using what I'm pretty sure was an off-brand Motion Plus and stopped playing on the second dungeon or so because of how painful the process was. Always meant to pick up a Wiimote with built-in Motion Plus but never got around to it (and never really wanted to spend the money just to play Skyward Sword).

I'd like to comment on A Link Between Worlds, but I only played it once on release and don't recall enough details to be entirely sure what you're referencing with various things. I found the dungeons a bit too easy/boring due to each one only being able to rely on a single item being in the player's possession, although they were otherwise well designed. It's also the only mobile Zelda title I've enjoyed, which is something. (Not that I've played many, but I disliked Link's Awakening and was never able to get into whichever Oracle game I briefly borrowed from a friend.)

8 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

Are you using a Nintendo-brand Wiimote

Wiimote that came with the console, with Nintendo branded Motion Plus attached. It's all what it's supposed to be in hardware, but it just wasn't designed right for the controls they tried to use in the game. Pointing your controller upward to raise your sword is the most obvious example since it breaks line of sight, but the up and down with the bird just isn't responsive enough for such an integral part of the game's navigation.

8 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

I'd like to comment on A Link Between Worlds, but I only played it once on release and don't recall enough details to be entirely sure what you're referencing with various things. I found the dungeons a bit too easy/boring due to each one only being able to rely on a single item being in the player's possession, although they were otherwise well designed. It's also the only mobile Zelda title I've enjoyed, which is something. (Not that I've played many, but I disliked Link's Awakening and was never able to get into whichever Oracle game I briefly borrowed from a friend.)

There was some switching around, but all of them let you get through with 3-4 items. Usually Hookshot, Tornado Rod, Bombs and Torch. The dark palace lighting mechanic was great as well, now that I mention the torch. I loved Link's Awakening back in the day, but stopped playing Nintendo games after the Super Nintendo (my brothers handed me the controller for a bit with Ocarina of Time, but I couldn't handle the 3D perspective then so I didn't play). Just listened to Ballad of the Wind Fish and it still holds up as well as I remember it.