weee5067

Sparkbomb-Inflitrating Serial Killers (SISK) - Sign-ups

Hello, everyone. I realize we like to think of ourselves as a community of sorts - perhaps not a close-knit cluster of best friends, but at the very least, a collection of people who won't stab each other in the back.

We are mistaken.

There's a serial killer in our midst, and they will not stop until we have identified them and brought them to justice. Fortunately, like many serial killers, this one signs their work. Each kill is lovingly reconstructed in words, images, or music, to be relayed to the survivors. It's not much to go off, but hopefully it's enough.

Would you like to help?

Player List:

0. weee5067

1. Sinical

2. Celairiel

3. Blacjak

4. Killerk

5. NPM

6. Steev

7. Nell

Highlights:

1. No off-thread communication is allowed, except between members of the Killer team. Never mind, talk to whoever you want.

2. No investigative roles; you should be able to pick the Killers out through kill and behavior analysis.

3. Execution will be done by plurality, with an RNG tiebreaker.

4. 'Nobody' votes are not allowed. If fewer than 50% of living players cast valid votes, a random nonvoting player will be executed instead.

5. I haven't chosen a cutoff time yet. If you have a strong preference, say so when you sign up.

6. Dead players/non-players can contribute in the game thread, they just can't vote.

7. Killers have a ton of leeway in what sorts of kills they produce. Let your creative side out! You can read years of previous kills here.

The Game:

• The number of killers each round is determined by the number of players, as is the number/inclusion of any additional roles. The more citizens, the more roles!
  • All roles are chosen by random selection and given out secretly by PM.
  • Every day each killer sends in a single kill.
  • The citizens must try and work out who the killers are and vote accordingly. The person with the highest number of votes gets lynched at the same time kills are posted. The host then reveals if the person was a killer or not. Unless...
  • If fewer than 50% of living players vote in a given day, the vote tally will be disregarded and a random non-voting player will be lynched.
  • If, by the end of the round, the killers outnumber the citizens, or there is only one of each left, the killers win.
  • The list of players at the top of this post is updated with every murder and lynch to show those who are alive and those who are dead.
  • Citizens who sign up to be in the game must actively participate in the game.
  • Citizens who do not post for 2 updates will be slaughtered mercilessly. For example, if Lord Cummerbund posts all during the 1st update, but goes mysteriously silent after the 2nd, and stays so during the 3rd, he will be killed in the 4th update.

The Roles:

Killers

The killer's job is to craft a kill every day to murder the innocent citizens and eventually overtake or match them in number. Depending on how many people sign up, there may be more than one killer, and they will work as a team via PM.

• All kills have to be in before voting closes (cutoff time to be determined). Your Gracious Host will accept kills well in advance of the deadline - in fact, she prefers them!
  • You are required to send a kill in on time, every day. If you are late, or do not send one in at all, then no kill will be posted. Additionally, if you miss more than one day, your Gracious Host may provide the citizens with a clue to your identity, with one clue every subsequent day you miss a kill.
  • Kills must be a MINIMUM of two sentences, with 250 characters total. This is a MINIMUM requirement, and it is encouraged to go above and beyond for your kills. If your kill does not meet the min. requirements, it will count as though you did not send one in. Exceptions to the character count can be made in the event of images/sounds being used as the bulk of the kill, but only at the Host's discretion. Whether a kill qualifies or not is ultimately up to the host; ask in advance if you plan to do something unconventional.
    The character count does not include spaces, carrige returns (and/or new lines) or the victim line.
  • Kills must be original. Using a theme or drawing inspiration from outside sources is encouraged, as it adds variety and identity to your killer persona, and direct quotes may even be used, but the bulk of the kill must be in your own writing. In addition, any images/sounds used in a kill must be original works created by the Killer, unless proof of the artist's permission can be provided to the Host.

Citizens

Every one participating, unless you are chosen for a specific role, is a citizen. You exist as cannon fodder for killers, lynch bait for your fellow citizens, and most importantly, as the only people capable of stopping the killer in their murderous rampage.

After each update, the citizens get to vote for one person whom they believe to be a killer.

Ghosts

When players are killed (through murder or lynching), they become ghosts and lose the power to vote. However, they are still allowed to post in the thread and give advice to the living.

• Ghosts must post in a different color to help people keep track of who is still alive.
  • Any nonplayer who wants to comment on a game must also post in color and could be considered a ghost.

Edited by weee5067

Oh man I really want to be a killer XD

Then again, it should be suuuuper easy to frame me by just using any ninja kill.

Woo, people!

I'll probably leave sign-ups open until Friday, and then send out roles and start the game once I've heard back from the Killer(s). This format can handle anything from 5 players up, although it's obviously longer/more fun with more players.

Whoops, Nell pointed out that I left the "No off-thread communication" rule in there. Since there won't be investigative roles, there's no reason for that ban, so I'm removing it. PM away!

So basically, I didn't want to hold up the game while everyone waited an extra day for me due to work so I sent in a rather rushed kill. Cel got lucky, but she was the only one really even playing the game. Those were absolutely pathetic reasons for voting Cel. I drew the picture and wrote a large part of the kill working with Cel, who came up with most of the ideas and the bulk of the content itself, while I made sure it looked exactly like my writing entirely. It's like most of the players didn't even read the rules relating to the killer. I give all the props to Cel this game.

So that everyone knows, my original plan was to post-death convert one of the Day/Night 1 victims so that Blacjak could have someone sowing misdirection in the peanut gallery (1v6 is a little difficult otherwise). When he got bandwagoned Day 1, he suggested he be allowed to heir his role to Cel instead, and since it seemed a little sad to have the game end so early, I agreed. I'm glad two people got to work on kills for this game, because I do think that's the best part of this game mode. I can also (obviously) run it again next time people want a break from role-heavy games.

Wait... So blac actually could write a the kills still? How were we meant to find the heir if blac chose a better targe?

No analysis of the writing, no analysis of votes and no investigation roles.

And blac, you lost the game for your teammate by claiming the kill was written by you. Even if it was true it made it obvious cel was your teammate, so don't moan at others.

Cel got permission from Blac to use his writing, so yes, he could still write the kills so long as she sent them in. You were meant to find the heir via, you know, behavior analysis and thinking about who would bother working with Blac after inheriting his role, if you thought the writing still sounded like him.

Behaviour analysis doesn't really work when there's only one evil player alive. I mean.. It can but is ridiculously hard.

Thinking about who would work with blac? Anybody converted would have so it doesn't really help

I think Sinical had the most legit reasoning for voting me. His thought that I was the most likely living player to use that vocabulary made sense, even if the rest of the styling was unusual for me on Sparkbomb.

Steev, I am still really curious to hear a clearer explanation of your reasoning. It didn't make logical sense to me.

I'd love to see this style of game run with a slightly bigger group. Even ten players would have made the game much more interesting.

Also, I wrote the majority of my kill. Blac edited and reviewed it, adding to his previous kill and helping me up the drama a bit. And the image was all him. But the choice of words was me as well as the overall structure.

I feel like the game would have been more interesting if everyone got to write something, but I have no idea how that'd even work.

I believe that's called an RP

I feel like the game would have been more interesting if everyone got to write something, but I have no idea how that'd even work.

I believe that's called an RP

Nah, it's completely different. (From my understanding, anyway) RPs are a group of people writing a story, this would be a group of people playing a game and figuring out who did what.

I think Sinical had the most legit reasoning for voting me. His thought that I was the most likely living player to use that vocabulary made sense, even if the rest of the styling was unusual for me on Sparkbomb.

Steev, I am still really curious to hear a clearer explanation of your reasoning. It didn't make logical sense to me.

I'd love to see this style of game run with a slightly bigger group. Even ten players would have made the game much more interesting.

Also, I wrote the majority of my kill. Blac edited and reviewed it, adding to his previous kill and helping me up the drama a bit. And the image was all him. But the choice of words was me as well as the overall structure.

Basically, it was that I felt the kill was worded to throw heavy suspicion on Killer.  That made me rule him out, for the most part.  Seemed like an obvious attempt to frame someone, and he wouldn't frame himself.

Then, between you, Sinical, and Nell, I had to make a choice.  As I said in my post (at least I think I did), that was really a gut feeling.  I was hoping to start conversation, but then Sinical and Killer jumped on the wagon.  

Though, I'm curious what words in that post Sinical didn't know...

Wait... So blac actually could write a the kills still? How were we meant to find the heir if blac chose a better targe?

No analysis of the writing, no analysis of votes and no investigation roles.

And blac, you lost the game for your teammate by claiming the kill was written by you. Even if it was true it made it obvious cel was your teammate, so don't moan at others.

This is completely untrue, there were already 3 votes on Cel by the time I said anything to you. Same as the day before, you impacted the vote very little. I just figured you would be the most likely to believe a crazy story and that your ego might make you assume I actually had chosen you. Nell was never going to vote anyways so it didn't make a difference.

Also if you read the rules, it states that I could submit kills early, and that a Killer may use others' works so long as they're given credit. It also states that there are no limits on communication after death.

Killer was not being framed in the slightest. It clearly shows in death that I was Killer and in the first plot. The second plot changed nothing by continuing to call the killer Killer. It has been stated several times that Killer's username is completely absurd and it's gone beyond a running gag, to the point that I am shocked anyone would actually think I would try to frame Killer by calling the killer Killer.

I also did not work on the final kill on weee at all.

Oh and seriously, who else would've drawn that picture, and how else could I remove one of the layers and make it my avatar if I did not participate in the kill? There is no logical reason, assuming you payed attention to the rules or kills, that I would not be able to participate.

Edited by Blacjak

No, you're not getting it.

You writing it is completely irrelevant at this time. You going so far out of your way to make everyone know that you wrote it when Cel was voted is what cemented my vote. My vote was a hesitant one at that point as was Steev's by the sound of it. It was far from a confirmed execution as we still had about 75% of the day left. You only had to switch one vote.

Edited by Sinical