Sign in to follow this  
auhin

I Graduated from College

I graduated with a degree in Computer Science this past Saturday. I will probably be moving to Arkansas for a job with WalMart Headquarters, unless something crazy happens.

I feel overwhelmed by blessings right now, but also scared of the future, but also excited. I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Congrats!

I've heard "annoying" things about WalMart, but that's mostly from people at the stores themselves. Hopefully everything will be peachy-keen for you at the headquarters. Yay job though! I hear those are difficult things to acquire straight out of college <totally doesn't have a 9-5 job right now> <coughs>

Sounds like your future is pretty full of excitement! ^-^

Yeah. Thanks, TheLastStarMaker. I have heard those things too. My granny worked for WalMart, probably close to 20 years, and she loved it, I'm pretty sure.

Graduation thread? Graduation thread.

Congratulations homie on finishing your degree and getting a job! I also just got my bachelor's, but in chemistry and finally start work in a lab next week! It's a great feeling to finally see the years of effort come to fruition, isn't it? Wishing you the best of luck!

A CompSci degree, eh? I was actually pursuing one of those... ER, nevermind. Congratulations on reaching your goal. And WM is a rough company but I imagine if you are working at the home office as a technician or engineer it will probably be much less so. After all, the roughness seems to only extend out onto the sales floor, and that's because of customer and management issues.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Just keep your head high, know to call your peers ma'am and sir, and always maintain a professional smile, even when you are thinking of slitting someone's throat. ESPECIALLY when thinking of the latter lol

Edited by Code

So is your job going to be degree-based, or did it just require having a degree? Either way, definitely cool to have another person in the room with a Comp Sci degree. And I hope things go well with your job at the HQ (hopefully away from anything customer service related).

Whoa, NW Arkansas? Welcome! *hands over a Razorback hat*

I'm sorta in the area as well and I have a couple of friends over at the WM Headquarters. Let me know if you end up here and if you need any pointers as to what to do. :)

I very nearly did the same when I was near graduation. It's a good opportunity.

As to why people say bad things about Walmart jobs - A lot of people are stupid. A lot of these stupid people are horrible to other people. A lot of these horrible people shop, work and get promoted to management at Walmart. This is a facet of the stores, though, not the HQ. Bentonville is actually fairly nice according to everyone I know who's worked there. The only downside is that there really isn't much to do in Bentonville.