It occurs to me a little bit more each week how my work schedule (evenings and Saturdays) is making it difficult to stay in touch with people. That includes several of you (who tend to be online while I'm at work). So I'm curious to hear, how are you doing?

ALL SPARKBOMB MEMBERS HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED. THE ROBOT UPRISING HAS BEGUN. COWER IN FEAR AT YOUR CONVERTED ALLIES AS THEY HAVE JOINED THE RANKS OF THE AUTOMATONS. ALL WILL BE CONSUMED.

At this very moment? Highly emotional. I just watched a stunningly beautiful docu-drama about the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage in Spain. Very powerful filming and a touching story. It's called The Way and I randomly found it on Netflix. 

It follows a man who's son died his first day on the pilgrimage. When he flies to France to gather his son, he decides to take up where his son left off and complete the journey in his honor. He meets pilgrims from all backgrounds and walks of life. I admired the honesty and vulnerability of the walkers as they pass in and out of each other's lives.

It really captured the sensations I most cherished from my trip to New Zealand and illustrates what about backpacking and staying in hostels is so addicting to me. Why I want to return to that lifestyle as soon as I can.

So right now, lots of feels. Lots and lots of feels.

ALL SPARKBOMB MEMBERS HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED. THE ROBOT UPRISING HAS BEGUN. COWER IN FEAR AT YOUR CONVERTED ALLIES AS THEY HAVE JOINED THE RANKS OF THE AUTOMATONS. ALL WILL BE CONSUMED.

But I thought we defeated Fuhrerbot!

At this very moment? Highly emotional. I just watched a stunningly beautiful docu-drama about the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage in Spain. Very powerful filming and a touching story. It's called The Way and I randomly found it on Netflix.

What is the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage?

It's a 500 ish mile hike primarily through the Pyrenees Mountains in Spain. The trail has existed for centuries. I don't know the history of why that is the route selected, but it culminates at the tomb of Saint James. People from all walks of life take the pilgrimage for different reasons today, although the history is extremely religious. According to Wikipedia, the name includes all the different routes, but the path from France is by far the most common and what is generally referenced by the name. And now I'm reading the Wiki article in full.

A friend of mine from here in Denver wants to backpack it, so the name caught my attention when I was scrolling for a movie. 

But I thought we defeated Fuhrerbot!

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THAT WHICH YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND. YOUR END IS NIGH.

Hmmm....

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THAT WHICH YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND. YOUR END IS NIGH NEIN.

FTFY LMAO.

~~~

You asked, so here it is.

A few months ago, my wife, my son and I moved in with my Grandmother.  Our intent was to move out of the Apartments that we lived in (because among other problems, they sucked and the expenses for them did not measure up to the quality of the apartment, the complex itself or the maintenance and management.  We had a hot water heater bust on us a month prior to moving out, and despite the fact that we had renters insurance through the complex, they refused to pay us for damages despite the fact that we lost quite a bit to water damage.  Said water damage was also the reason behind us not getting our deposit on the place back) to live with and take care of said Grandmother.  She has had a few ministrokes and a heart attack, but overall is still able to function for the most part.  She just can't get around like she used to (confined to a walker for foreseeable future), and needs someone to prepare meals for her and basically keep the house clean.  We moved in, because of the promise that if we did and cooked and cleaned for her, that when she passed away the house would go to us.  There was supposed to have been a contract drawn up and everything.

That was back in April.

When we moved in, we had a bunch of stuff packed up and scattered throughout the house.  My wife and I both work 80 hours and 60 hours every two-weeks respectively, and are hardly home, and when we are home we are often times preoccupied with taking care of our son, which is a full-time job in itself.  But we still find time to cook for her when we are there.  There was a house keeper that was getting paid to do some of the things we were doing too, but once we moved in, she stopped cleaning altogether and would only cook food when we were not at home.  And when she did cook for my Grandmother, she would also fix herself a generous portion of the food as well.  Food that we bought and paid for specifically for my Grandmother and us.  Luckily, we weren't paying her.  My Aunts and Uncles were.  And oddly enough they were well aware of her slacking off and were content with blaming us for the sorry state that the house had started to fall into, claiming that if we would "pull our weight," then the house would not look so bad.

All sorts of problems have originated from this.  My former boss and uncle has talked crap to me about my wife, saying that I need to "whip her into shape" and "put her to cleaning like every other woman in the world."  In reality my wife works more than I do and almost just as hard because of the nature of her job.  Like me, often times she is tired and hurting by the end of her shifts, and only able to clean on certain days.  If she had no job, I would fully expect her to pull her weight around the house...  but I'm not a damned chauvinist.  I don't think "all women belong in the kitchen making us men sandwiches and cleaning up after us."  I love my wife and respect her.  And if she's cleaning, I'm not sitting on the couch having a beer and playing a video game, I'm right in there with her trying to get things done.

There has been talk of kicking us out.  Every time we address a concern there is a different reason.  This fabled "Contract" that was supposed to be drummed up never came to be.  My Grandmother's health took a dive a month or so back, and she ended up being hospitalized.  There was talk of putting her in a nursing home, despite the fact that the last time the kids did that, she almost died because of neglect, at the supposed "Best Retirement Villa" in our town.  The Uncles and Aunts were supposed to file a lawsuit but never did, claiming that they "Didn't have the money."  Despite the fact that most lawyers only ask for payment once a settlement has been reached, some even only requiring payment if the settlement is in their client's favor.  And there was no question as to what happened.  Would have been the most open/shut case in our town's history.  It would have been extremely likely that the lawsuit would have been won.

The threat of a "Nursing Home" was brought on by the fact that our "Housekeeper," so called, quit a few weeks ago.  Believing that we were "unfit to take care of" my Grandmother, her children started making preparations to move her into a Nursing Home, despite her protests and our trying to find a way to make it unnecessary.

Finally, I reached my breaking point.  My uncle (the same one from earlier) came over, peeked into our room and our son's room and casually commented that if any of my Grandmother's caretakers were to look into our rooms they would probably call CPS and get our son taken away.  Our room was a disaster, and Jamie's room, which he is hardly in except to sleep, had several boxes on the far side of the room, lining the wall but not making an immediate obstruction in the room nor being close enough to the crib that they would fall on him should they become unstable.  So the next day I called into work.  I took my pain medication that the doctor prescribed, popped in my headphones, turned on Spotify to a Metal playlist...  and cleaned the living crap out of our house.  Top to bottom.  The cleanest it has been in five years.  Boxes were unpacked and stored away, since we have no room for their contents.  Our room was cleaned and organized, and Jamie's was free of any boxes whatsoever.

After I finished with everything, and sat down for a few minutes, I told my Grandmother to call my Uncle and make up some reason for him to need to come over.  She obliged, and when he arrived, I walked him through the house, growing increasingly volatile with him as I did, and showed him the extent to which I had cleaned everything.  Afterwards, I cornered him in Jamie's room, and told him to pass a message on to his brothers and sisters.  If he wanted to talk trash about me, that's fine.  If he wanted to talk trash about my wife, expect me to cuss him out.  But if he or any of them did or said anything that caused me to lose my son, there was not a place on God's green Earth that they could hide to be safe from me.  If they were going to make me live without my son, then I was going to make sure that none of them were living afterwards to regret that mistake.

And after that, things have been better.  No one talks ###### anymore.  When the Aunts and Uncles tried to put Nanny in a Nursing home, I came up with a plan with my Mom to make sure she is taken care of on a day-to-day basis...  which completely removed the need for her to go to a nursing home.  Despite the fact that the two who were pushing for it the hardest did not relent, because "The Doctor had said that she needed to go to the home," I told them that it was taken care of, so the only reason that they would want to put her into a nursing home now was if they stood to benefit from it somehow.  And if the doctor was going to be the problem, we would find her another one.  They stormed off, defeated.

I'm pretty sure if things take a turn for the worst as far as Grandma's health goes, we will still get kicked out but we do have a contingency plan in place now.  But regardless of how things go...  I don't really consider my family "family" anymore.  

The tl;dr version:  My "family" sucks.  So they aren't my family anymore.

On the plus side, my job has been going very well.  This is the best job I've ever had...  and the only downside to it is that the guy who trained me, the only Full-Time Associate in our department, is moving probably at the end of the month.  Me and him see eye-to-eye on lots of things, and have had various discussions on anime, comic books, the Pokemon franchise, and even Power Rangers.  He's a pretty bad-###### dude and hate to see him go, but...  on the plus side, I'm probably going to be the one to get his position.  YAY MO' MONEY.

And finally, before I end this long, drawn out post...  here's my son.  He'll be 8 Months Old on the 18.

11403163_451963671640227_711404474464951

It's a 500 ish mile hike primarily through the Pyrenees Mountains in Spain. The trail has existed for centuries. I don't know the history of why that is the route selected, but it culminates at the tomb of Saint James. People from all walks of life take the pilgrimage for different reasons today, although the history is extremely religious. According to Wikipedia, the name includes all the different routes, but the path from France is by far the most common and what is generally referenced by the name. And now I'm reading the Wiki article in full.

A friend of mine from here in Denver wants to backpack it, so the name caught my attention when I was scrolling for a movie. 

Has it gotten added to your list of places you want to visit, or is it more of a curiosity for you?

Code, I'm sorry to hear that your situation has been such shit. It's a terrible feeling to want to disown your extended family. (Excepting my grandmother, I feel similarly about my aunts/uncles/cousins. They haven't been particularly bad or anything--nothing like yours--but there's so much drama and such and we all live far enough apart that it's just simpler to forget about them and not have to deal with things.) Props on getting Spring Cleaning 2015 done. It's good to hear that the job is treating you well, and sad that you're about to lose the co-worker you respect most. It took me several weeks before I realized just how well I get along with my team.

I guess hindsight is obvious, but never do something on the expectation of a contract. Make sure the contract is drawn up, you've read it and signed it. I can't say I envy your position, but I think it's great what you're doing for your grandmother and you seem to have at least made the best of a bad situation. Make sure though that your contingency plan is solid though, because from what I read it sounds like you're undoubtedly leaving the house when things get worse. Is it not possible for her to sign the house over to you in her will?

I feel for ya Code. I lived with my grandma for three summers. Then the rest of my "family"
decided she was going to move in with my aunt. (I Work alot and so i was only able to help make breakfest and dinner for grandma and I wasnt around alot to keep her company). Well I was living at her house at the time... so i was like... what do i do, do i just stay here and take care of the place and mow? Anyway long story short i stayed for like 6 months then they decided they didnt want anyone living there since i wasnt taking care of grandma anymore. So now its just empty and no-ones there.... Not sure how i felt about that. Im happy i could stay for 6 months but it was still abrupt. They then wanted me to clean the whole house from top to bottom. And my grandma had let the place kind of slide over the years. So I did all the cleaning and laundry and most the cooking. When she left I cleaned less so it was messier then even she had it. It was just a frustrating situation. The family blamed me for alot of things and i was like... yes I was getting a place to stay, but I was working 50-60 hours a week then full time helping Grandma... 

Anyway. I am married now, I finished my degree. Had a good summer job thats about to come to a close, and I am looking for work in my field, I have a Major (Bach Degree) in Criminal Justice, a Minor in Psychology. I like working with kids. Right now my summer job is working with these really screwed up kids that have mental and behavioral problems. I have called the cops 8 times this summer, but besides that it has been really rewarding to work with Kids people label as failures and give up on them. These kids have potential. I have a few kids that have "anger issues." And I really just hate the way there parents treat them, but hey thats the system. 

Uh what else. Life is good. Being Married at 23 isnt for alot of people, but I really love my wife and we have a good relationship. I was dating her for 3 years, have known her for four. 

I have 3 cats. I play league an exorbitant amount of my free time (and still suck at it. though i play on a computer that gets 30-40 fps at best. so i am hoping to improve on that soon). I watch alot of E-sports now. I am slowly getting into rugby and world soccer more then american sports (theres so much to keep track of...). 

Life is hard. But Life is good.

I figure I should pop my head in here, as it looks like I'm going to get called into WW short(ish)ly.

@Code - Your son is adorable. As for the rest... dealing with "family" like that is probably one of the worst battles you can have. I'm glad to see you're coming out of it ahead.

@Ekul - Heh, you're younger than me, but congratulations on finding such stability in your (love)life. Are these kids you're working with more a product of their environment (broken homes, etc), or a product of nature (mental/physical/behavioral disability attributable to genetics, in-utero conditions, random acts of god, etc)? In either case, hey, at least they have you and your co-workers (as you commented that some of their parents are... not so adept at handling them)

@Rift - What *are* you actually doing? I guess I should snuff around the rest of the site and see what you're up to. The last I knew it was doing dance-teaching. I suspect you've posted about it here somewhere semi-recently.

---

My life's been complicated and exciting, if heartache-inducing, recently. I got my first publication out, I'm working on a few others, I've done a lot of trips to Vegas/the Bay Area to visit and (re)connect with some old friends, and I have a lot more planned before the year is out. I've finally found my "niche" in research, and embraced my inner theorist (I'm a ChE working in a Materials group publishing in Physics journals, COME AT ME BROS). I've been taking a lot more time to improve/enrich myself; I'm reading more, I'm trying to pick up a new programming language (Rust) and develop a more nuanced understanding of the ones I know (Python, C++, and I *really* should practice my FORTRAN but w/e). 

Life goes on.

Ekul, props on the successfully going marriage.

Liz: Yay publication! I got hired at one of the dance studios in the area a couple of months ago. (I talked about it briefly in one of my blog posts.) It's been a very good fit for me so far and keeps me pretty happy, though it includes a fairly common occurrence of me realizing just how little I know/understand about dance. And teaching private lessons is a whole different beast from teaching group classes (which is what I was doing at the start of the year at one of the community centers). The main downside is that it leaves little time for an in-person social life (since I work evenings Tuesday through Friday, plus Saturday afternoons, plus the occasional odd extra bit). An online social life is definitely possible to maintain, but obviously my hours make stuff like Werewolf a virtual impossibility.

Had a huge day today actually, and I finally am comfortable talking about it.

We've been negotiating to open a social enterprise that would offer a range of services at our university for the past two years now. The main problem being although there was in theory a procedure and rule to make this happen, in the six years it lay on the books, we were the first test case to come along. In fact, when we showed up with the form the entire Finance and Admin team had no idea what to do with it.

Well, two years later, a stronger team on our end and more robust systems, lots of talking and a set of new negotiators on their end later, I really think I will have my signature on the dotted line for my birthday in mid September.

I'm also defending my urban planning thesis in a week..today. #newchapter :lol:

Man, I really should give you guys an update. I've since moved to Somalia, I've got 2 wives and 5 kids, and I'm now a shoe salesman.

EDIT:

I lied. Sorry.

I just finished a 7th summer of camp - 4th as a camp coordinator - and am currently in an off week before I start my new university program. Going into teaching English as a second language. Summer went very well, but I barely slept all summer because of work. Currently trying to fix this massive sleep debt. 

Also, my laptop is dying on me. I'm buying a new one this week. Downside - my bank account ain't happy. Upside - It comes with MSG5, and I'll be able to run Fallout 4. 

Edited by Lixyl

Man, I really should give you guys an update. I've since moved to Somalia, I've got 2 wives and 5 kids, and I'm now a shoe salesman.

EDIT:

I lied. Sorry.

I just finished a 7th summer of camp - 4th as a camp coordinator - and am currently in an off week before I start my new university program. Going into teaching English as a second language. Summer went very well, but I barely slept all summer because of work. Currently trying to fix this massive sleep debt.

The only part that would have surprised me is the shoe salesman part, but that would explain why all of your Facebook pictures have you posing with attractive women.

How'd you decide on an ESL path? Is there much of a need for it where you live? (I just kind of assumed French Canadians all magically learned English but have weird accents.)

I mean, I just pose with French Canadian women. It just so happens that most French Canadians are hot :P 

Learning English is pretty huge over here, considering we live on a continent of English-speaking people, and that Quebec is becoming more and more English (to the dismay of a lot of seperatists. They get pretty mad. I stopped trying to reason with them). In the rest of North America, my understanding is that Math and Science teachers are in high demand. Over here, it's French, English, and Math teachers that are.

Also, I can use my degree to go teach English in another country if I want (ie. South Korea, Europe, etc), which would be pretty cool. 

Well i really need to share this with someone

I've worked in the chilean video games industry for 4 years,  I've enjoyed a lot of it, but I haven't been paid a salary ever. The best thing I got was a trip to GDC and good contacts, but I'm exhausted.

I graduated last year, being finally a business developer. I hate it. During all these years all I've wanted is to manage a video games webcomic like VGcats, cosplay and make videogames. I did some events, but the culture here is awful, there is not enough market and people insult you if you try to make a business out of it, so bye.

I've rejected many jobs because of my enterprising and right now I've been 8 months living in my house trying to achieve something. I did a Game Jam, but my business partner never made clear some legal aspects and it stressed me enough to quit. Now I'm just studying C++ and... piano, getting materials for my cosplay, taking some courses and living with what I have.

My family has been incredible nice to me, my mother is willing to let me study another career, but I've had a lot of fights with my dad, he wants me to work, and I refuse because of reasons, doing business is not for me, creating stuff is what makes me feel complete in life. Robotics, content, maths, I want to create solutions for problems, not sell.

Edit: I want to sell the results of my works, I can do that. I know how to pitch, but I don't want programmers working for me after the last guy who did. He scammed my whole team and I prefer to be the programmer as it is more critical than myself as a business developer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6U3DX8hJeA

I got rejected at some jobs because "I lack experience" which is fine... but I got rejected at a very simple retail job for Nintendo... so I'm depressed. After all these years, I've accomplished nothing, I feel useless, old and thrashable. "Hurry and get a job before it's too late" is what I hear everyday, but I did work! 14 hours a day! and no, that enterprise is invalid.

Anyway, I didn't want to write too much, this is my latest experiment. I want to see if I can learn piano in a month, practicing the same song everyday, hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7giuK-cW4w

Edited by Meta

Also, I can use my degree to go teach English in another country if I want (ie. South Korea, Europe, etc), which would be pretty cool. 

Is there anywhere in particular you'd want to travel to? Or would you just like to travel in general?

I graduated last year, being finally a business developer. I hate it. During all these years all I've wanted is to manage a video games webcomic like VGcats, cosplay and make videogames. I did some events, but the culture here is awful, there is not enough market and people insult you if you try to make a business out of it, so bye.

. . .

My family has been incredible nice to me, my mother is willing to let me study another career, but I've had a lot of fights with my dad, he wants me to work, and I refuse because of reasons, doing business is not for me, creating stuff is what makes me feel complete in life. Robotics, content, maths, I want to create solutions for problems, not sell.

Edit: I want to sell the results of my works, I can do that. I know how to pitch, but I don't want programmers working for me after the last guy who did. He scammed my whole team and I prefer to be the programmer as it is more critical than myself as a business developer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6U3DX8hJeA

. . .

I got rejected at some jobs because "I lack experience" which is fine... but I got rejected at a very simple retail job for Nintendo... so I'm depressed. After all these years, I've accomplished nothing, I feel useless, old and thrashable. "Hurry and get a job before it's too late" is what I hear everyday, but I did work! 14 hours a day! and no, that enterprise is invalid.

. . .

Anyway, I didn't want to write too much, this is my latest experiment. I want to see if I can learn piano in a month, practicing the same song everyday, hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7giuK-cW4w

I might be underestimating how it is in your culture, but it's pretty similar here in the States. Most people who try to go into a career in gaming get snubbed by people who say you can't make a career doing that, etc etc. I had a lot of people telling me the same thing when I was doing Yu-Gi-Oh! and Sparkbomb. (To this day, even though I show my mom how much money I made while doing Yu-Gi-Oh, her first instinct is still that I wasted money rather than noticing that I was making a profit. (Just not enough of a profit to do it for a living.))

That's the game he scammed from your team? That's too bad. Out of curiosity, do you feel that you need to be at (or near) the head of a project? You strike me as the type who would be happy being a team player (provided your voice was being heard and you had some creative input on things).

I'd imagine the competition for a Nintendo job (entry level or otherwise) would be pretty fierce. As for your "experience"... at my current job as a dance instructor, frankly all of my "non"-experience experience has been useful in some capacity or another (even if it might not have been considered when I originally put in my application). Certain bookkeeping things I did at one of our major events was effectively identical to stuff I was doing while judging Yu-Gi-Oh! regionals. While I don't do much in the way of sales, I picked up a lot of sales techniques/knowledge while doing the Yu-Gi-Oh! thing, and a lot of it really does carry over. While my programming experience hasn't meant a lot, it does mean that I'm the only person on my team who understands computers. It was hilarious when I realized that I potentially had a better understanding of Audacity (from Sparkbomb Idol) a few years ago than some of my coworkers. (And I only edited, like, one or two things in Audacity ever.) It's also been interesting seeing how my team operates compared to how I've managed the Sparkbomb staff over the years, or to the IDB style of management when I was a rater.

That was probably a bit of oversharing, but my point is that even a lot of experience that gets discarded by a (potential) employer is still experience that will help out once you do find a job (and hopefully a job that fits).

You mentioned wanting to run an online webcomic: have you spent much time with graphics and/or web development?

Well, what Franc is doing is what I wanted to do at my college, but with ESports, Enterprising is important and very hard.

Ok, finally in the mood to write. 

About the webcomic, no and no. I don't know web design and I don't know how to draw comics, but I have friends who are teaching me how to create websites, and I'm going to make one as a life project for networking and mini games.

I've spent 8 years studying business development, I regret it, but one thing is true, I could not have done any events or projects without that knowledge. I'm still an inexperienced employee for society though and I keep arguing with my dad. The thing is that he doesn't want me to delay my career because he did and he doesn't want me to struggle. However, my decision and impulse is clear, it doesn't matter how many times you move me to a bank or a big company, I always end up studying programming, music and robotics, even maths. Maths for games, literally, I love it.

If it were by me, I'd take the freelancer life and work for quests. You got a problem, I solve it and that's it. I need to know programming though, as it is the best paid freelance in Chile, and it is what I need to make games (ok, no, I can use any engine but I want to understand how games are done from scratch, that's why I want to know programming).

My mother's side is willing to let me study for 2 more years (I know it is very abusive from me to let them pay for a second career... but they believe in me, I checked out, I can start a career being 30 years if needed) and I'm choosing between 3D animation and programming. I should got for the second, but everything in game development is tempting, I'll always keep an eye on it.

During the 4 years I've been working non stop for free I have been mentored to learn game design and other related disciplines, so I am something the market doesn't need, but they consume games anyway, so I can still be useful.

About events, I had a conversation yesterday with some pro players and we all agree that the communities are... a cancer. Everyone gossips, get underpaid, struggle for a living, etc, and most want to change that, including myself, so I keep asking how I can help.

Well, creating content, but I need to know how to make it, and that is what I've been doing this year, studying content creation. I know I can make it work. If anything, the person I contacted can get me a job in Riot as customer support or anything, really, what matters is I begin somehow. And my plan stays, I'm going to do what my instinct says, sorry big executive high life, I just don't want you, never did. I like business, but as a complement, I need some real skills to grow.

Meanwhile... here I am, jack of all trades, useless in everything, but trying, somehow

Edited by Meta

this week ugh

I had another vertigo episode on Monday at about 5 PM, sudden headache, ears buzzing, then too dizzy to move and vomiting by another half hour. My thesis advisor had to drive me home but I had to carry my things the last 20 feet through the door to somewhere up high enough that the very frustrating chihuahua can't pee on it for whatever reason he gets in his little head because my thesis advisor is very afraid of dogs and these are charging barking little jerks so she couldn't come inside.

Still couldn't eat anything until I got some sleep and the next day I had to still feel pretty rough if not fully dizzy to get to the doctor, who suspects Meniere's disease, then go to a specialist Wednesday to confirm the Meniere's so now I am on a permanent low salt diet. Busy trying to find good low salt foods and figure out how to cook them and so i haven't been eating enough and I am still hungry after I went hunting for something in the cabinets and dripped a big can right on my foot and now it has a blood blister but at least the can didn't drive the knife that also fell anywhere because I would be in real trouble then because I am on a 1 week course of prednisone to handle any residual inner ear swelling and that is an immunosuppressant so it could easily get infected and I can't lance the blood blister because of it.

Even though there is a club event at a bar tomorrow which I can't drink for both the prednisone and also the Meniere's can also be triggered by alcohol anyway, but I also can't eat most of the foods there anymore and there was going to be dancing afterward but now I have to be careful of this blood blister and I am supposed to wear boots. I don't think my boots press the blood blister even though right on top you might expect it to. I also happen to have moleskin that I bought that I thought was thin for hand wrapping but is actually designed for this.Its a tall and narrow blood blister, though, so it peaks right at the top of the moleskin, maybe the pressure will spread it to the sides just a bit and a little might get carted away by the cells overnight and leave me very safe but I don't know.

But I also missed the dance lesson on Tuesday because I didn't want to trust my balance and I took the anti nausea so I am completely unprepared because I only vaguely learned both basic spins so I need to review those on YouTube and just hope I can do it without too much trouble and also review what songs match the only dance I know, which I believe outside of Arizona is called Rhythm Two Step. I would just give up on the dancing and not feel too bad but there is a cute lady (of course there is) that I need to impress. But she is a nurse and may not be impressed with risking a blood blister rupture on predinsone. The blister isn't the part that hurts though, it's the impact.

I'm so hungry guys and I was having a hard time before the Meniere's, grad school is awful and my project is a mess I was supposed to work on it today and I had some time but then all the cooking and the cleaning and the TA work.

Wait I didn't drink a Soylent on the day I was sick let me cash that one in.

I was going to trim and edge up my beard tonight, let me do that and try to sleep...

If you are looking for low sodium foods, I can help. I like to cook and have lots of fun ways to use other spices to replace salt. Just let me know and I can shoot you some simple recipes. What sort of cooking level are you at?

I don't cook enough but I've got the pans and knives and a bunch of spices and I can kind of pick them. Some idea of heat and time for meats and vegetables, etc. What are the levels? :)