Neopetsmom

WW: Shifters Galore - Game Thread

I will be making a couple of posts. First I will post some rules and information with a player list. Then, I will send out roles. I will then post my game intro.

At that point, I will unlock this thread for discussion.

Please, please, please read the Rules and Information. There is much there that you need to know.  Please also read the general Werewolf Rules that applies as to anything that is not discussed in this post:

General Rules 

In the event of conflict, though, the rules here will apply.

Rules and Information

1. Change – General things in these rules are subject to being changed by a player’s role abilities or powers or by other events. Things about players that were once true can change. Information provided during the course of the game can be manipulated and may be modified by a player’s role abilities or powers. Furthermore, the amount of damage done (including execution) and healing done may be changed throughout the game for pacing reasons or for gameplay reasons.

2. Inactivity – I may replace inactive players. Also, if a player repeatedly fails to vote or to send in a nightly or other list I may replace you or reassign some or all of your role abilities and powers. If you haven’t read your role by the end of Day 1, I may replace you in the game.

3. List processing - I generally process lists as follows (within a category by order received):

Disables for the night

List/role manipulation

Protection

Attack

Investigative lists

Everything else

There can be exceptions to this general rule which are usually explained in the role ability itself.

Limited use abilities can only be used once in a day/night cycle. That is, if you can use X 3 times during the game, you can't do it all 3 times on one day.  Also, if list changes would result in a player targeting someone that the player can't target, the action will go to the next name on the player's list.

4. Health – This is a health based game.  You start at a specified maximum health.  Attacks or other abilities may reduce health.  You die if your health reaches 0.  Usually additions to your health will not overheal (go over your max health).  If an overheal is allowed, it will stay until something happens to reduce your heath to max health or below;

5. Shapeshift Forms – Every player in the game is a shapeshifter and can shift between human form and animal form.  You will be informed of what animal you can shift into when you receive your role.  Abilities may require you to be in a specific form when used.  Ask if you have any questions.  By default, if you do nothing, you will be in animal form at night and will be in human form during day.  If you want to be in shapeshifter form during day, you must tell before night lists are due.  Example:  You want to be in shapeshifter form during Day 2.  You must tell me before night lists for night 1 are due.  If you attempt to use a role ability for night that requires a particular form, I will assume you want to be in that form for the night.  If unclear I will ask.  If I don’t get an answer and it is still unclear I will make my best guess or will assume you want to be in shapeshift form.  You should not assume a player is a particular alignment based upon shapeshift form.

5. Special Powers - This game will have special powers. Special powers and role abilities are not the same thing. Role abilities are part of your role and with some exceptions (conversion, role switch, etc.) usually do not change throughout the game. Special powers are not tied to your role and can be acquired a variety of ways. The unused special powers and items of a player will go to someone else upon death. Unless other specified, these will go to the killer. Most special powers have limited uses. Therefore, there may be multiple players who have special powers that do the same thing as other special powers or which are the same or similar to role abilities. Sometimes these powers may have the same name, other times, they may not. Also, special powers may be acquired during the game that duplicate special powers given out previously.

6. Execution – Execution is the last event of day. Nobody votes are allowed. You are expected to vote. Players that miss voting on more than one day may suffer loss of health. On Day 1, a majority of all living players is required for execution. After Day 1, only a plurality is required. If Nobody receives the plurality, then no execution occurs. Ties will be resolved through a game mechanic that is not specified.  If no such mechanic applies, then ties will be resolved by randomizer. If there is a tie vote and there are less than 3 players alive in the game, then no execution will take place. Execution damage and other things related to execution may change during the game. Execution will do 120 damage.

Votes should be in the following format. If not in the following format, I may fail to count the vote. I will count it if I see it but won’t if I don’t.

VOTE: Player name A

To unvote and vote for someone else:

UNVOTE: Player name A
VOTE: Player name B

7. Day/Night –Day will end at 10 PM Central Daylight Time and execution (which is part of day) will be posted shortly thereafter. All night lists are also due at 10 PM Central Time. Night results will be posted as soon as possible thereafter. You can change lists sent earlier in the day up until 10 PM, but changed lists will be considered received at the last time a list is sent.  Lists for the next day can be sent beginning at 10:01 PM.

Day 1 will end at 10 PM Central Time on Wednesday if all players have read their role by 5:00 PM Central Time on Wednesday. If not, then day will be extended to 10:00 PM Central Time on Thursday. Thereafter each day/night cycle will last 24 hours.

8. Resurrection – Resurrection may occur in the game. That is, a dead player may be brought back to life. Therefore, if you die, please keep aware of the game and check your PMs at least once a day to see if you have been resurrected. If you are resurrected and do not promptly return to the game (or can’t), I will endeavor to replace you. Resurrected players will usually get back their role and any special powers which have not been used. Resurrected players usually have some form of resurrection protection, but such protection is not guaranteed. If a resurrected player with resurrection protection is attacked or would be subject to loss of health, the attack will skip that player.  If a player with resurrection protection is voted for execution, the execution will fail.

10. Things you Can’t Do – You must follow the general rules for WW in this forum except as modified in this post. See the link above. If you have any doubt, PM me and ask me first. In addition, if you are on an evil team you may not reveal the identity of any of your teammates (alive or dead) to anyone without the written consent of all teammates alive or dead sent directly to me (PM me to ask a dead player for permission). You may not vote for yourself for execution. Once you are dead you may not communicate about the game except in the graveyard where you may not reveal any non-public information. Saying you have information in the graveyard is not allowed. Do not ask to be resurrected in the graveyard or you will be banned from resurrection.

Dead players may freely post in the graveyard any analysis or advice which they want to post.  They may attempt to influence what happens in the game.  The may not post non-public information and can't imply that they are basing their advice on such information.  Example with a dead investigative player in the graveyard:

OK - You should execute Player A.  A's voting pattern to me suggests that A is evil because (give reason).  Also, A did X (publicly known) which makes A seem evil.

Not OK - You should execute Player A.  I just know that A is evil.  I am positive A is evil and you should execute him.

The first example is OK, because the player points to public information to justify a vote on A.  The second is not OK because the player implies private, non-public knowledge.  If you have any doubt as to whether what you intend to post is OK to post, please PM me first and ask me.

Dead players may not communicate about the game to other players, directly or indirectly, except through the graveyard. Dead players may not be passive recipients of information from other alive players. Dead players should not be a part of any group chats or PM conversations about the game. If a dead player was part of one before dying, the remaining alive players should start a new conversation or chat without the player or block the player.

If players become aware of any rules violations or cheating, they should immediately bring it to the MC’s attention privately. Players should not insult others in the game thread. If you feel that someone is violating werewolf game rules or forum rules or is being insulting, please do not address this in the game thread. Either report the offending post or PM me privately.

Edited by Neopetsmom

Player List:

Cel

Charles - Bobcat - Evil - Executed Day 9

Ekul - Executed - ??? -  Day 3

InuyashaOhki - Leopard - Evil - Executed 10

Killerk - Eagle - Tracker, Poisoned Night 12

Lion-wiggles - Tiger - Clawed Night 14

Meta - Ragdoll Cat - Governor - Poisoned Night 11

RocktheFox - Wolf - Beater - Executed Day 11

Silver

Sinical - Boar/Turtle/Cheetah - Pixie - Clawed Night 9

Spiritbox - Swan - Dreamer - Clawed Night 5

thelilbear - Dragon - Necromancer - Clawed Night 6

thezodiac

Trajectory - Cougar - Evil - Executed Day 6

Weeee - Deer - Inventor - Clawed Night 5 - Resurrected Day 6 - Poisoned - Night 12

Zilary - Bear - Protector - Executed Day 14

Edited by Neopetsmom

Neopetsmom turned to the beautiful purple kattail sitting next to her. “This should be a little different, Koshka. See all these people here?  Well, they aren’t just people.”  Koshka blinked her eyes.  NPM continued, “They are all shapeshifters and can shift into some animal forms.  We are used to werewolves, of course, but everyone here is a were.  So, we can’t really use being a shapeshifter as a reason to think someone is evil. Well, we might as well get to it.”

NPM looked at the group. “I hear that bodies have been piling up and you don’t know who is doing it.  Even your powerful shapeshift abilities haven’t helped you so far.  Well, maybe you will get lucky and find something out.  Each day you can all vote to execute one of you.  Perhaps you will find someone evil. Or not.”

Day 1 will end at 10 PM CST Central Daylight Time on Wednesday if all have read their role by 5:00 PM.  If not, day will extend until 10 PM on Thursday.  After that days will be 24 hours long.  All day and night lists are due at 10 PM.  Please read the rules.

You are expected to vote each day.  Nobody votes are allowed.  A majority is needed for Day 1, with a plurality required after that.

You may post.

Edited by Neopetsmom

Question: Do you mean CST (Central Standard Time), or CDT (Central Daylight Time)? Daylight Savings Time is active right now, but I'm in Arizona, so I realize not everyone bothers observing DST...

Also,

Vote: Sinical

Because he apparently expects to be asleep for the next 26 or 27 hours.

Fifth! Cause I can pretend I'm on a youtube video comment section. 

Vote: Nobody

Edit: I keep forgetting it's not html formatting

Edited by Charles

Perhaps you will find someone evil. Or not.”

If the signups didn't make it clear this would be a semi-normal game, I would be suspicious right now that you made that all-innocent game we talked about. :P

I am wary of executing Nobody, as Nobody is a mouse, and someone might shapeshift into a mouse in this game. Mice would be more likely to be innocent or neutral, so I don't want to offend one by voting off a friend. Then again, it is tradition for the first day, so...

I'm hopeful someone has two halves of a coconut to bang together to imitate a horse morph.

I disagree with Inu. Mice are sneaky. He's definitely trying to lie low.

But which one is lying low? Nobody mouse or the other mouse?

And at mouse-height, they even stand low. ;)

I disagree with Inu. Mice are sneaky. He's definitely trying to lie low.

But which one is lying low? Nobody mouse or the other mouse?

And at mouse-height, they even stand low. ;)

I think the question at this point is: do their ears hang low? Do they wobble to and fro?

Might as well start some kind of analysis.

We have 16 players, which implies at least one 3-player team. Beyond that, either a second 3-player team, a 2-player team, or an OMT and a Neutral. I don't think it's likely to be two OMT's, two Neutrals or just one or the other, but a 2MT is possible, especially after all the speculation on such a team last game.

I'm not going to say what animal I change into, since it seems likely there are species-based interactions. It does, however, suggest that we're probably looking at commonly known species rather than anything to obscure. Nothing in the story elements so far argues for a mix of land and sea (I'd expect a beach scene if we're going to have sharks, for example), so we can probably limit ourselves to aerial and terrestrial animals. It also seems likely an OMT role would be an large apex predator and team villains would be more diverse predators of a common branch. Conversely, some predators are likely to be innocent, and some could be seeded to throw us off. Also, ones that are prime villain animals (dogs) are also prime tracker, dreamer, etc. roles, and common branches could also be a masonic group. She could also have randomized the role/alignment of species and came up with powers afterward to fit, but I doubt it.

Possible groups: Snake(s), cat(s), dog(s), bear(s).

Less likely to be a group: Wolf (too obvious), rabbit, ferret, weasel, mouse, fox, lizard, monkey, small common birds, pig, frog, cow, moose, elk, deer, turkey, horse, waterfowl, hyena.

I half suspect there might also be a human-human morph or a multi-form morph. This would almost certainly be an OMT.

Any other thoughts on species relevance?

(Or, to translate: Woof, roof, bark, arf, meow, purr, cheep, chirp, tweet, caw, honk, gobble, moo, oink, neigh, buzz, quack, croak, ribbit, hoot, howl, hiss, squeak, coo. :P )

i am here. i am amused by a host saying we cannot insult someone inthread. i will follow the stated rule however. 

I think Inu is a bunny *pokes sig*

I think rock is a fox. 

I am intrigued by this game. it should be a fun one. 

Present! 

So I don't forget:

Sharks just need a sharknado to get off the beach, right? That's what the TV tells me. (Or would have, if I had watched any of it.)

Excited for this game! .... can't think of anything else to say now. Thinking of what would be the most ridiculous animal to be evil. Bunny? Frog? Sloth?

I'm here!

I suspect we're just a menagerie or zoo animals (aka, common ones found in a zoo). I think the most obscure would be like a parasite or germ...those are animals right? Or is everyone some form of mammal?

Possible groups: Snake(s), cat(s), dog(s), bear(s).

Less likely to be a group: Wolf (too obvious), rabbit, ferret, weasel, mouse, fox, lizard, monkey, small common birds, pig, frog, cow, moose, elk, deer, turkey, horse, waterfowl, hyena.

I think a possible group would also be birds. Because birds have a lot of commonly known varieties. 

Most players have read their roles, but a few haven't.  If you have read your role via email notification and haven't read it in game and haven't posted I have no way to know you read it.  So, please be sure and read the role in game.  If everyone hasn't read their roles by 5:00 PM Central Daylight Time I will extend day 24 hours until 10 PM on Thursday.