Shattered Rift

Halloween 2015

So, what are everyone's plans for Halloween this year?

I hit up a party last Saturday that ended up being fairly disappointing, I've got a work party this Friday that I still need to figure out a costume for, and then I'll be attending a Harry Potter party on Saturday night. There are some surprisingly nice House ties out there (though, sadly, I'll be going with the Gryffindor tie rather than Slytherin: I could really use another green tie in my collection).

What about the rest of you? What are your plans or costumes? And be sure to include pictures. (I'll just, uh, quietly neglect to include the costume that didn't turn out from last Saturday. It can be seen on my Facebook for the curious/brave.)

Hurriedly dressed as a Jedi for the office Halloween party today (all my cosplays that aren't broken right now involve large weapons props & I work in a restricted building). I don't fit the robe anymore, so I looked more like a Jabba / Obi-Wan mashup, though. No photographic evidence was taken.

My first cosplay is almost finished!!!! (Sans weapon due to time restrictions). So I'm going to be Blake Belladonna. Don't you worry. There will be pictures. I'm very excited and happy about how the costume has turned out. :D

I'll be going to two parties. A house party on Friday and a dance on Saturday. The dance is usually a highly successful event, but they're at a different venue this year, so there's a bit of concern. The normal venue has a nice area for a spook alley and treats as well as the dance. Not so sure about this location.

Edited by Celairiel

For work, we're doing a "Dress Like a Card" day tomorrow (because I work at a greeting card company), and I'm going to be a tiny ant holding a giant watermelon (constructed from cut slabs of insulation foam and painted so I can lift it above my head). I need to make my headband-antennae part out of black pipe cleaner tonight. I also want to put on a lavender wig because I can and I love my wig.

Then, tomorrow night, I'm going as Chris Pratt's character from Jurassic World. I modified an XL women's cotton blouse last night to look like his vest and I have little velociraptor figurines from Target. They won't sit on my shoulder as I had hoped (I have very narrow shoulders), but I think I'll just hold them or tie them to my vest somehow. That's for a party.

Saturday, I'm just handing out candy, and due to seeing Crimson Peak lately, it has awoken the goth in me, so I'll be some form of goth (using flour to lighten my skin, mwahaha) tomorrow while handing out pretzels, Play-doh, and gummy body parts (because I want to be the weird house that doesn't hand out chocolate and I'm not rich enough to hand out full-size candy bars).

Pictures to come later this weekend.

Sadly I don't have any pictures (I really need to get into a better habit about that), but I went to my work party as Herbert West from Reanimator, and then at yesterday's Harry Potter-themed party I was lazy and went as a Gryffindor extra (just picked up the tie and threw on a white shirt).