(Yay, tags are back!)

I got my internet working on my 2DS, so I can actually play online now! And I have just the thing to celebrate. This is going to be either really good, or really bad.

WONDER. TRADE. NUZLOCKE.

±Porygon: Your rank in XY OU is 395/71394 [1342 points / 296 battles]!

I wanna be the very best...like no one ever was. Only 394 people to overtake now.

Edit: ±Porygon: Your rank in XY OU is 290/71405 [1372 points / 298 battles]!

The pain train rolls on. Chooo chooo

Edited by Sinical

*Mod Hat* I'm moving this thread to VG&E. If someone wants to make a Pokemon anime/manga thread, it would go into Media.

Edit: Guys, I've got the free Pokemon X/Y code for registering my 3DS and Mario Kart 7. (I would have mentioned this promo in its own thread, but I think it ends tomorrow.) Which one do I get? X is the popular one, right? (And it's the blue one.) I'm a little bit reluctant. It's been ages since I actually played through both versions of a generation (in fact, I might not have ever actually done it), but I would feel weird if I bought a physical copy of the other game later and I owned a physical copy that wasn't the blue one.

Get the one with the Mega Evolutions you like. Certain Mega Stones are only in one game. Check Serebii.net for them. If you don't want to be spoiled then which one you get doesn't matter. So few differences in this gen.

Yeah I saw that and was like wut. I didn't expect it to be out so soon. Do you think they'll have megas in it?

Yeah I saw that and was like wut. I didn't expect it to be out so soon. Do you think they'll have megas in it?

From the preview/cover art, it's pretty obvious that both Kyogre and Groudon will have Mega-evolutions. I suspect all the starters that don't already have Mega forms will get them (hell, Blaziken might get a second). Other Gen 3 'mons will probably be getting them as well.

Mega Blaziken is perfect, I don't see why he would get a second or what it would be.

Yeah I saw that and was like wut. I didn't expect it to be out so soon.

I'm actually surprised it took so long. RSE was followed by the FrLg remakes. Can't remember if BW came before HGSS or not (I think BW was after?). But then BW2. And then XY. It's pretty clear that Nintendo's doing one remake per system.

I also feel like I'm the least excited person about this. Am I the only person that found RSE to be a mediocre generation? Mostly because of all the surfing and diving at the end? I mean, I enjoyed the bikes, and I enjoyed secret bases (or whatever they were called), and I was addicted to farming berries (that I never even used), but...

Emerald is one of my favorites in the series mainly because of the pokemon added. Blaziken is the best starter ever. They're doing remakes of each gen, which just happen to be on different consols. Red/Blue gen 1, Gold/Silver gen 2, Ruby/Sapphire gen 3. It not that I'm supprised about how soon its been since X/Y but how soon til it comes out. (6 Months)

Edit: Oh Rex, I checked the box art against the original sprites, Groudon and Kyogre are just recolored on the box and are otherwise identical. (Unlike all the other megas)

Edited by Blacjak

I spent a while breeding up elekids trying to get a 5IV one, well I did it, but I have a bunch of 4/5 iv elekids with ice/fire punch and cross chop I'm going to wonder trade tomorrow. PM if you want one.

Edited by R.A.

I loved secret bases in Gen 3 and was really disappointed with the implementation of secret bases in Gen 4.  I am really really looking forward to picking up Omega Ruby now that they've revealed secret bases that look better than the original (no holes in the floor, you can make a gym).  Looks so awesome.

I am officially buying Alpha Sapphire. And I haven't even gotten around to playing through a Pokemon game since... SoulSilver. (Though I do need to get around to playing X at some point.)

HOLY CRAP.  Omega Ruby is awesome.  Chose Treeko.  Bev chose her some Mudkips.  I am doing a run with characters named after Video Game Characters (Treeko is Ezio, Tailow is Hawke, Poochyena is Shepard, etc).  DexNav is sweet...  if you do not already own this and have a 2/3DS, grab it.  The only thing that's bad so far is the fact that the character isn't customize-able.  

How are the improvements to Secret Bases? And berries? And competitions (or whatever they were called)? I think those were literally the three things I cared about with third gen. Also, is the Surf section at the end of the game any less painful?

Haven't gotten far enough to use Secret Bases.  How do you mean regarding Berries?  Do you mean Pokeblocks?

I can answer on the last one, though.  Competitions are amazingly theatrical now.  The costume looks cooler than the default outfit in my opinion, and the Cosplaying Pikachu (Lightning for me lol) is awesome personified (you can equip this Pikachu with different costumes that correspond with the different Contest Types, and each change of costume comes with a different "Fouth Move" that corresponds with whatever the costume represents).  Seems easier than the old Third-Gen Contests...  but maybe I was just a novice.  I think I was still in High School back when Third Gen came out.  And that was a long time ago (and I feel like I'm smarter now in lots of ways than I ever was back then).

The other thing that they have added...  you can enter Competitions with another player now through Wireless Communication.  Which means me and my wife can co-op contests.  Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it may be fun...  and my wife may actually like it better than the core system.  She likes caring for her pokemon via Amie more than she likes level-grinding and the Gym Battles it seems.  Contests might be right up her alley.