I was mostly just listing off the things that had my attention in Sapphire. For some reason, once I finished the game, I was still in a Pokemon mood. So I continually biked throughout Hoenn, farming berries and battling that news crew over and over. I didn't do a whole lot with PokeBlocks and Competitions, but that really was the next step considering how much time I spent farming berries.

What's this about a cosplaying Pikachu?

Also, it might be time to update your sig now that Omega Ruby is out.

Pikachu with a strong ice move? Yes please.

Also, Hoenn is litterally half water. Its not like the map is going to change.

Edited by Blacjak

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/cosplaypikachu.shtml

And yeah.  If IGN's review is anything to go by, ORAS is faulted by having "Too much water."  Or so the meme goes.  I haven't gotten far enough to worry about the Water as of yet.  Just got the Secret Base stuff.  Apparently you can steal flags from friends' secret bases.  Or something like that.  Interesting...  no idea how it factors into things as of yet.  My team is...

Ezio (Lv28) - Grovyle M

Morrigan (Lv27) - Kirlia F

Shepard (Lv28) - Mightyena M

Metang (Lv29) - Metang (no nickname for promos.  :()

Lightning (Lv27) - Cosplaying Pikachu F

Hawke (Lv28) - Swellow M

Thinking of switching out Metang or Hawke or both for my Greninja from X, Jiraiya and my Charizard from Y when I get enough badges to control them.  Either that or try for a Cyndaquil on GTS, breed it and reassign the name Shepard, and name Mightyena something different.  

DexNav is addictive.  It appeals to my completion OCD.  Shows the different types of pokemon available in a particular route and lets you know when you've caught them all.

Pikachu with Icicle Crash? Want.

They had flag stealing in a... mini-game from DPPt? In that underground area. I don't remember it very well.

They're finally including something to let you know which Pokemon are available in an area? That's nice. Has there been a new PokeRadar for shiny hunting in XY or ORAS?

There is an O-Power that amps up your chance to run into shinies in XY.  I assume that it will make a return in ORAS, since the other O-Powers have.

Almost all of my coworkers play Pokémon now. And ever since this trailer came out, everyone has been repeating the phrase "Don't worry, you can do that." As a sort of inside joke when it comes to dealing with hard or impossible work assignments. 😆

Picked up Super Mystery Dungeon. Anyone grabbing uo legendaries this month (well, just Mew for.now but...).

Time to breath some life back into this topic.

Sun & Moon

Who's getting what? Which starter are you going with? Have any theories about the game that others might not have thought about yet?

When I first heard the announcement of the game release I had made my decision to get moon before I knew what the legendary would look like. After seeing the bat like creature for its cover I was completely happy with my choice! As for the starters I am 100% #teamrowlet. I feel it's about time that a grass starter got some loving! (btw I always go with grass) And suffice to say he is by far the cutest. xP The only thing that worries me about this game now is that I hope it doesn't come off to much like the Hoenn region. Both are tropical islands basically.

I have also recently started a replay of my pokemon White version and trying to do it as a Grass type trainer which means all the pokemon in my party have to have grass as one of their types regardless if it's primary or secondary.I am currently at the 7th gym with Serperior, Leavanny, Liligant, Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, and Virizion!  I did this with Alpha sapphire as well(Actually had to try the elite 4 a couple times) and I have to say I enjoy the challenge of working with one typing and even more so because it is my favorite so when Moon comes out I think I will go straight up grass trainer. Ever since B/W I have found the games no where near as challenging like when I was kid.

Does anyone else play with challenges? How do you play your pokemon game?

Sun definitely, and Litten all the way. Fire kitty too cute. I really like Rowlett as well, but fire has always been my favorite starter type. Chespin was super awesome, and Venusaur and Sceptile are very strong now. I really like the new move Rowlett has, since Grass has sorely needed a good early move. I don't think there will be any problems about feeling like Hoenn. The game is huge and appears to be scaled up to more realistic levels, probably taking place on multiple islands.

I like nuzlockes and there have been lots of variations regarding the ruleset in recent years. I know Dyl was doing a mono-fire run semi-recently.

I'm super hyped for Pokémon Go as well. The beta was just released in the US and it looks pretty fun. I've been playing Ingres on and off since it's beta years ago and I definitely like the ways they've improved on Pokémon Go coming from that base.

Edited by Blacjak

False Swipe Gaming on YouTube has been putting out some videos about individual Pokemon and how they've fared in the metagame throughout the generations. I don't care much for competitive Pokemon, but I've found them fairly enjoyable to watch.