Blacjak

Howl on the Ranch [Gamethread]

87 posts in this topic

At the end of the Day, Spree walked slowly to the fence, dragging his hoofs in apprehension. But as he approached the gate, he stopped dead in his tracks. The gate was wide open. Eyes wide open, he spun around and scanned the horizon just in time to see a pair of glowing eyes peering out at him. In a panic, he scrambled to put on his Wolf mask, but that didn't seem to deter the very real feral animal that approached him.

"Woof, I am a Wolf. Greetings fellow Wolf." he stammered sheepishly.

"My what big eyes you have." said Wolf.

"Uh the better to see things with?"

"What big ears you have."

"The better to hear things with..."

"What big terrible teeth, and claws I have." Growled Wolf

"The better to... what?"

Wolf slashed the mask off Spree's woolly face revealing an expression of pure terror upon the blac sheep's face. Spree bleated out in pain as another life was taken by Wolf.

Later that Night...

A scruffy Dog was bounding around the farm with another Animal. Of course, this scene was missing a certain character, who made himself known at this juncture. Wolf himself stepped out boldly from around the side of the barn with a wicked smile on his face, blood still dripping from his maw. The Dog growled and started barking at the visage of death. She nudged the other Animal towards the barn, then after waiting for them to get to safety, lunged at Wolf.

Farmer Blacjak awoke with a fright, and upon hearing the fearsome battle outside, grabbed his shotgun and sprinted towards the barn. He heard a high pitched yelp, and a crack of bones.

"BINGO!"

He rounded the corner to see Wolf drop the limp body of his Dog to the ground and peer up at him with pure evil in his eyes. Blacjak took aim, and fired. But Wolf managed to get away. Defeated, Blacjak knelt down beside thelilbear and clutched her little head to his chest.

"Noo..."

Day 4 Start.

I think I'm probably dead tomorrow night. I may as well put what I have on the table -

Night 1, I followed NPM, Cel and Killer and one of them was not the same, then Killer died evil, so at least 1, possibly 2 were not Moofia.

Night 2, I followed others and all were the same, then one of them died innocent. Assuming 3 Moofia, that meant 1-2 were in the group Zodiac/Spree and 0-1 were in the group Cel/NPM. I went with the higher probability group, and Spree turned out innocent, meaning that if there are 3 Moofia, Zodiac is not innocent.

Night 3, I followed the survivors from Night 2 and Cel. Not the same (and one died innocent). Cel is not innocent.

NPM is not on Cel's team if Cel is Moofia. That doesn't rule out OMT, but I don't even know if there is an OMT yet.

If Cel dies Moofia and that is not the end of the Moofia, Zodiac is logically Moofia.

I do not know if whatever is controlling the Wolf "Slay" deaths shows up on this power use. Do note, however, that "Slay" and "Execute" are marked differently on the opening post, confirming that outside the fence is indeed execution.

Vote: Cel

EDIT: I've clarified something with Blac and made a small edit.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

I'm neutral. I eat eggs to get a day kill power. Not moofia, not wolf. I'm a Fox. I ate NPM's egg and Inu's egg.

Also, someone covered me in jam. What does that do?

Eta: also, this throws doubt on your results and your assumption NPM must be innocent. I'm not the same as anyone. No teammates. So why, on Night 1, was only one of us different? I'm going to guess Zodiac and NPM are the Moofia. I'm neutral, so I showed up different. And I'll Vote NPM

Edited by Celairiel

The logic you are running on seems to be, I've contacted everyone in PMs bar Zodiac and Spree and I believe everyone after just 2 nights so therefore either Zodiac or Spree or both are evil. That is pot luck stuff.

Oh I figured you are getting fed info Inu. 

Just a small suggestion - It's a good idea to try to keep your story straight.

I don't see how I'm contradicting myself here. I knew you were being fed info, I just assumed it was through PM's from whomever you were in contact with by Day 3 as opposed to you yourself gaining the info.

But if all that info is correct then it's Cel and Neo. Cel - an egg eating fox? I don't think so. However, I will say that my animal is rooster and every morning I get to "cleanse" a player of any unwanted mess they are in. I wasn't sure what it meant until Cel just mentioned being covered in goo. I'm now thinking that the Moofia are definitely a pyro type villain team, and I can halt their progress. I can safely reveal this now as logically the last Moofia must be Cel. I cleansed Lilbear first and then Spree and Neo.

Vote: Cel

Edit: Spelling

Edited by thezodiac

Cel - Re-read. I did not say innocent, I said that if you are Moofia she can't be. That is a conditional statement for one team. The whole thing is conditional statements.

That said, no, you tried that ploy on me once before, but this time there aren't enough players left alive for it to add up, so I'm not falling for it. I will confirm that your egg theft checks out, but we don't know what the Moofia goal is, and frankly, stealing eggs doesn't sound neutral. I might have believed it as an OMT or innocent anti-pyro in another game, but a nightly death plus execution with a team that isn't controlling the slaying doesn't add up for a 9 player game with a Neutral nor does it work as an OMT. I believe your egg stealing claim, but it only fits as a team power with what we have left unknown.

I can't do anything more because of the 3 player requirement of my power, since inherently it will be "not the same" regardless of who I pick tonight. If Cel dies Moofia and isn't the last, Zodiac would have to be the last and we have to hope there is no OMT. If Cel dies as the last of whatever she is (Moofia/OMT), but the game doesn't end, then NPM or Zodiac are the likely candidates for the remainder. If all three are evil of some variety (meaning 3 Moofia + OMT game), then we have already lost by not executing night 2, so we'll be picking who doesn't beat us of the two. If Cel were neutral, that would imply either NPM and Zodiac just vote along with her to win, or that one is OMT, the other is a 2MT Moofia, and only 5 players were innocent, which isn't really workable.

Yes, my Golden Egg was stolen and I am sure Inu's was as well as I was the one who gave him the egg.  I don't actually know what the eggs do.  I was told that while I could lay them and give them away I don't know what they do.  So, if anyone does know, please enlighten me. 

It seems hard for me to believe that the eggs simply exist to give Cel kills.  It is possible that they have that effect if someone evil acquires one.  But, I would think they also have something to help the innocents.  If so, I don't know what it is.  Regardless, Cel's claim doesn't sound very neutral to me.

If I am an OMT, I am an underpowered OMT. I can deal damage if someone doesn't have an egg, but it won't kill them. I have no control over the wolf attacks. I have no teammates. I can earn a grand total of one kill all game by getting 3 eggs.

So sure, maybe I'm not neutral. But it's the best guess I have. Because I'm freaking underpowered for an OMT. And yeah, my role is scummy sounding for a neutral. It's a weird role. I don't consider it standard in any way, shape or form. It threw me off when I first read it. 

My win-con is "Survive." I'm being honest and open about this. I know that falsely claiming neutral after that game isn't going to work. I'm smart enough not to pull the same stunt twice, especially back to back. I saw that I was, from what I could tell, neutral, and I groaned. I knew no one would believe me. Especially since it's just a bizarre role.

Do what you want, but I can promise you I'm not the moofia and I'm not the wolf.

Suddenly a ferocious MOOOOOOOOOO! is heard from the cornfield. A sense of dread fills you all. The effects could be cowtastrophic.

Blac - was that Mooofasa?

Since I think we have 2 evil players left based on typical game balances, I'll try to reason out what I think we know and let others weigh in with whatever they know or think I'm wrong about. It also may help tomorrow if I'm dead and can't post private info anymore.

We have a death-confirmed evil cow; innocent cat, sheep, and dog.

Unconfirmed: 

NPM - (Some sort of fowl, I assume) that lays eggs. - Contacted me saying she sent the egg just before I got the PM from Blac saying I got the egg but that it had been stolen. Mentioned what she did here. Haven't asked her who the other egg went to (assuming nightly egging). Known that between her, Cel and KillerK, at least one of the three was not the same.

Cel - Fox stealing eggs. - Claims were made after NPM sent info to me. I have no idea what communication she's had with NPM, but both people she claims to have stolen eggs from claim to have had eggs stolen. Known to be different from two that were the same as a known innocent, one of which also turned out to be innocent. 

Inu - Mouse (Blac admitted I was not randomly selected) that is visually impaired but listens for behavioral differences. - I can't listen to less than 3, can't listen to the dead, and can't listen to myself (I asked all three), so there is no scenario in which I can see my result being meaningful from this point on. All scenarios I can conceive of with the number of players that will be left after tonight's execution are either a game over, or will give a "not the same" result.

Dreamcard - Unknown, going off mouse hearing for presumption of innocence.

Zodiac - Unknown, not in any of the dream lists and there aren't enough innocents left for him to be relevantly dreamed tonight.

Problematic Unknowns:

1. What do the eggs do for NPM?

2. What does the Moofia do to forward their goal?

3. What is the Moofia's goal?

4. What the heck was that "Moo" just now? (Not reflected on the first post, I checked twice. It could imply that the Moofia are cows, which would point to Zodiac as Moofia since I can't see cows stealing or laying eggs, leaving Cel as either OMT or 2MT with NPM. After tonight there will likely be 3 players left, so if she was teamed with Cel, I would expect her to have tried to get me executed instead.)

5. How are Wolf slaying targets selected? (Not Moofia since they were first attacked. Oddly vote relevant for nights 1 and 2. My theory is Blac has a decision mechanism for it, the other theory is an OMT controls it.)

Blacjak likes this

Vote:Cel. Hi guys, I'm not staying long so I'm just voting.

Votes Lock:

Cel- 4 (not cel)

Cel will be sent to the fence.

Cel arrived early at the gate. She was quite the crafty little creature, and backtracked several times before approaching the gate and opening it. She saw Wolf coming, and quickly scampered away before he could catch her.

Elsewhere in the field, a group of blind Mice, most of whom were just a bunch of Nobodies, were scurrying around. Wolf, confused about his inability to find Cel, took great joy in pouncing upon each and every one of those tiny Animals until only Inu was left. Suddenly MOOOOOOOOO! a massive hulking beast of a cow bounded into the field, spraying Strange Strawberry Stuff and Curious Chocolate Chunks everywhere. Inu was trapped in the goop, and unable to flee as the Mad Cow trampled him beneath his hooves.

Wolf growled at the intimidating figure, "That was my kill. You've just sealed your fate."

Wolf leaped upon the Mad Cow and tore into it's back, but he was easily thrown off and bashed aside. Wolf cursed at the beast and limped back into the forest.

Day 5 Start

Edited by Blacjak

Okay, so Cel isn't a cow and NPM isn't a cow. And the cows can kill.

Vote: thezodiac

His last post accusing Cel of being Moofia made no sense, so I'm guessing he was trying to find some way of framing her to avoid people looking too closely at him. thedreamcard is pretty darn shady for barely posting anything, though.

Where did you come out of Wee? And it makes perfect sense for Cel to be Moofia. NPM is clearly the Wolf then because I just can't it being dreamcard!

EDIT: You're framing accusation against me to avoid suspicion makes no sense Wee because I was being heavily looked at prior to last night.

Edited by thezodiac

Zodiac - You weren't looked at heavily last night.  Inu himself said you weren't on any of the dream lists.  The thing keeping you from suspicion was the fact that you voted killerk for execution on day 1.  But you might have thought that nothing would happen since there were more votes on Wolf.

Anyway, the two most suspicious players have been Cel and you.  I'm still suspicious of Cel actually.  Although having an OMT (or even a neutral) in this game doesn't seem all that likely.

My reading of Inu's posts is admittedly a bit uncertain, but I'm under the impression he was a Moofia-specific dreamer, not an alignment dreamer. So, Cel is certified 'not Moofia', but with an unknown alignment? The alternative is that Inu was an alignment dreamer, so Cel is an evil OMT and the Moofia members are also evil. But Inu explicitly said he wasn't identifying innocence...I think?

(Just wait, it'll turn out he was actually only being told whether everyone he listened to was a mammal or a bird.)

I think he thought that it was whether they are the same alignment.  So, if there was Moofia, not Moofia innocent, not Moofia neutral in a group he would be told they were not the same.  I think from what he said is that if there was a group that was not Moofia innocent and not Moofia innocent and not Moofia OMT or neutral he would be told not the same.  But, I'm not entirely sure.  Maybe he wasn't sure either.

Um what? How is barely posting making me a suspect? I have been sick due to a stomach virus and just where did that thought of almost silence become shady? I'll vote later when I'm feeling better but Wee next time get the facts before you cast doubt on a person. Also we have barely heard from you as well.

'Flying under the radar' is a pretty standard (and not-ineffective) way of avoiding accusations. As you just demonstrated, it's very easy to suspect someone who says something you disagree with. It's less natural to suspect someone who's said nothing controversial - and saying very little makes that easy.

Wee you still havnt answered where the hell you came from?

Vote: NPM

From Inu's info she is almost certainly a villain.

I'm... sensing some friction here.

weee, I don't think we know Dream's playstyle nearly enough to make assumptions about her alignment based solely on activity. Nell is notoriously inactive when he plays, whatever his alignment. NPM is typically extremely involved, no matter her alignment. Dream could just be a quiet player.

On the other hand, with such a small player base, it has become a rather standard move to suspect and execute inactive players because if they can't be helping us, they are hurting us.

Edit: Oh yeah Vote: NPM

Edited by Celairiel

From Inu's info she is almost certainly a villain.

You mean, the info that says she's almost certainly not Moofia and you almost certainly are? I don't think that's the info you want to cite...