InuyashaOhki

Werewolf Signup & Groupies: From Nobody to Somebody

85 posts in this topic

Welcome, armchair sleuths! We invite you to watch as consultants are brought in for the first ever reality show based on the phenomenon known as "Werewolf". Our cameras are automated, and the host is safely inoculated against the lupine virus, so we can maintain reporting ethics by not showing bias towards human contestants.

The grand prize for the winning team is a device intended to help with Werewolf hunts that rely on feline support by transforming the target into a harmless* mouse. We had intended on calling it the Mousercizer, but I have just been informed that Disney ominously already owns trademark to that name. We'll instead simply name it Chekov's Gun, after the inventor, Anton Chekov.

We will select candidates for the show who have the popular abilities that have been established as legendary in the Werewolf phenomenon. And, of course, we imported the finest quality Peruvian strain of lupine virus to infect a number of contestants. And, by the request of the host, we have brought in "Nobody" mice, bred specially for executions.

----------

This will be a traditional game with the silliness and twists confined to the plot posts, and will not impact gameplay. Plot that doesn't impact gameplay will be in italics. You may have a posting requirement, but it will not be more than word inclusion. If you have someone you want to introduce to the game, this is a good opportunity.

I will announce the specifics of execution as the game begins. I am not setting any limit on signups, other than date and time. Signups close Sunday night at 9pm Central. Day 1 will end Tuesday at 9pm with dire consequences for those who have not read their role AND posted in the long first day. All subsequent days are 24 hours. Votes, power use and bribes to the host must be submitted no later than 9pm. I strongly recommend submitting your power uses early and changing them as needed through the day. Waiting to the last minute will not be to your advantage. Failure to post during the day or failure to submit power use will disable your power for that night, except for the lead villain(s), whose lieutenant's list will be used for attack instead of whatever it might have otherwise done. I have planned for the game to include unlimited Private Messages.

If the game runs long enough to need to, I will recognize Daylight Savings Time change by Central US time zone (not sure when that is yet, just mentioning it as a precaution).

If you cannot play but want to be mentioned in the plot, send me a note privately and sign up publicly. You will be written out in the first post and perhaps mentioned occasionally in plot posts.

Contestants:

1. Blacjak 
  2. Zilary 
  3. Neopetsmom 
  4. Trajectory 
  5. Weee 
  6. Thelilbear 
  7. TheZodiac 
  8. Celairiel 
  9. Voce Angeli 
  10. Spiritbox 
  11. Charles 
  12. Rockthefox
  13. Ekul
  14. Paulmethius
  15. KillerK
Edited by InuyashaOhki
Adding Contestants

1 hour ago, RocktheFox said:

Am I to late to get singed up?

Signups are open until Sunday. You've got plenty of time.

Signups will be closing in about 22 hours. Still waiting on the earl grey tea, but all other preparations are underway.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

I've got a golden tickkkkkkettttttttt.

Beam (sign) me up Scotty.

Scotty wishes me to remind you that signups close at 9pm (6 hours). After which I will post the opening and send out PMs. Once I post "GAME START", you will be free to post. You should receive your role PM no later than 10pm today.

4 minutes ago, InuyashaOhki said:

Ah, yes, I recall how that worked out last time.

This is my new favorite thing.

6 minutes ago, Killerk239 said:

I wanna be famous, sign me up! 

"Famous or infamous, after this you shall never be forgot."

Neopetsmom lay there in the shallow grave, motionless.  Not surprising, of course, since she was dead.  Then, from one moment to the next the closed eyes came open.  Awareness returned. She was in a small box. She gasped for breath.  Recognizing that there wasn't much air, she quickly began trying to get out of the box.  Finally, her hands punched through.  Then, she felt the dirt above and began trying to dig through the dirt.  She had to get out before she suffocated...

my apologies. got stuck in a snowstorm and had to stay at work for my night shift, the next all day, the next night shift. then on the way home in a blizzard i watched a semi jack knife in front of me on black ice and i broke a brake pad slamming the brakes so hard.

Im just enjoying a nice drink and then bed. for a very long time.