Sinical

Seeing if there's any interest for new werewolfish forum game.

For anybody that knows what I'm talking about, it's loosely based off danganronpa.

For all the people that have no idea what that is, tldr version is that there's a group of people. If somebody is killed there is a trial to choose who the group things the killer is. If they get it right, the killer is executed and the game goes on. If they get it wrong, the killer wins the game.

The game rewards creative/investigative thinking more than werewolf though. To carry out kills you interact with the environment and anything that is available to you. The more creative you are, the easier it can be to disguise the fact that you committed the crime. After the kill has been found, people then have an opportunity to also interact with the crime scene/other areas in an effort to seek clues that point towards the culprit.

I'm still working on specifics, but figured it is worth seeing if there's even any interest before I put serious time into this.

I played a version of this on Kira game forum last year. It was pretty fun but took forever. We had the alternative option of figuring out how to escape the plane the game took place on. Getting through locked doors required multiple players to use their ID cards which were labeled 1-9 to equal the number on the door. The game ended in a 1v1 where the killer tried to get the other player to vote someone else who died and lost.

I would definitely support playing the game.

Yeah, my biggest problem I'm thinking of in the preliminary design stages is how to do time.

For people to perform enough actions while being able to react to things happening around them, it could lead to either a long game or everybody needing to be on simultaneously. The latter is not realistically possible I guess.

The easiest way is to do rounds consisting of a certain amount of in-game time, such as 15 minutes, in which you have a limited number of actions including movement to any discovered areas or discovering a new area. Other actions could be inspecting elements, searching for elements, picking up or dropping items and using them. You'll want to clearly define what actions a player can take unless you want to handle actions in a more loose and abstract manner which might eat up a bit of time trying to balance. It really depends on how strict you want the rules and mechanics to be.

You're welcome to browse the archive for ideas:

https://kiragameforum.net/forum/index.php?board=52.0

Edited by Blacjak

Sorry I didn't update this before. I decided to take mechanics and just make it a werewolf game instead which I am currentlyyyyy working on.