Shattered Rift

All-Stars 2016 - Sparkbomb Werewolf

1 hour ago, Trajectory said:

Vote: Voce Angeli

I don't agree with your reasoning. 

In a game where it's one baddie team vs innocents you're right. When baddies can kill off other baddies, voting nobody stays relevant a lot longer than day 1. Assuming chance is equip baddies have as much of a chance of killing another baddie as innocents would at killing one. However if we limit death it gives innocent roles with relevant powers more time to analyze and mark off cleared players. There could be a case made that baddies teams have a slightly reduced chance of killing a baddie over execution since they wont target their teammates. But it's still a valid opinion.

Edited by Zen
More thorough explination

Day 2, Final Votes (18)

(10) Nobody - spiritbox, Zilary, Liz, Sinical, Red, Zen, Celairiel, Voce Angeli, Neopetsmom, lion wiggles
(2) Red - weee5067, Blacjak
(2) Steev - RocktheFox, Qanda
(1) Liz - thezodiac
(1) Sinical - thelilbear
(1) Voce Angeli - Trajectory
(1) RocktheFox - Steev

The following players did not vote during Day 2: Silver, Lieutenant-colonel Franc

Day 2 has ended. Standby for nightfall...

---

Night 2

Rift quietly wondered just what was happening behind the scenes. Players were clearly communicating via PM, and a few had opted for quiet corners of the facility where they couldn't be overheard. It was suspicious yet expected, and half of them seemed content to wait for another day before executing someone.

“This strategy did seem to have some luck last night,” Rift said. “So be it. No one will be executed.”

The lights dimmed, but this time a few players had the sense to run blindly in the hope that it might let them avoid notice and powers. As a result, the night did take a few seconds longer than the previous one had, but ultimately there were three screams in the darkness before all was quiet.

When the light returned, the bodies of Steev, Trajectory, and Liz were found littering the ground. Steev had been stabbed through the chest. Trajectory had been torn apart with obvious claw marks on his body. And Liz's life had been claimed by a single gunshot.

“Three dead innocents, tonight,” Rift said. “But only four players are currently dead. It appears that InuyashaOhki has respawned.”

Surprise at Inu's resurrection were short-lived when someone noticed a message written on the wall of a small office. Someone had crudely fired yellow paintballs to write out a message: “The investigation into Sinical's role has failed. The Roleblocker please contact whom you blocked Night 1.”

“Day three begins.”

---

Night 2
No one was executed.

Steev was stabbed. He was an innocent.
Trajectory was mauled. He was an innocent.
Liz was shot. She was an innocent.
InuyashaOhki was resurrected.
The following message was found: "The investigation into Sinical's role has failed. The Roleblocker please contact whom you blocked Night 1."

Night 2 ends. Day 3 begins.

Night PMs to follow shortly.

Edited by Shattered Rift

Nice to have Inu back, but that wasn't needless to say a good result at all.

Can anyone shed some light on the Sinical situation?

Actually, do we have any proof that it IS nice to have Inu back? @.@

Edited by Lieutenant-colonel Franc

Alright let's look at this in football terms; We are up to midfield with all are best strikers marked and our only possible hope is to get up off side, so basically we need a hat trick so who has a winning goal theory?

Either somebody really doesn't like me or there are a lot of list manipulation powers in this game.

....and three attacks in one night? Jesus. This game really seems to be "Hope the evil players attack each other". An execution is much less reliable than their attacks and only makes up 1/4 of the total potential kills.

Am I the only one sad that Steev wasn't shot and Liz Mauled? Purely for old-school Sparkbomb Store reasons. I'd look into inactives/less active day 1 for potential targets that added to the nightly death amount.

I'm surprised we're seeing so many kills really, you'd think that if these were limited use they would be saved. It's also interesting seeing Inu come back so soon, so we probably do have multiple rezzes to counter the onslaught. So really I think it's less a matter of how useful Inu's power is and more so that he is "or at least was" an innocent vote and analyst.

Forgot to add to my post (would edit but someone posted already so best not). Sinical, care to explain the last bit of night?

You mean, you want me to explain an anonymous message about somebody being targeted with a power that prevented them from targeting me?

What is there to explain?

It says your role was shrouded, I assume by a power. Maybe you've been contacted by someone asking for role information and denied? I dunno. It's a lead that needs followed, and your explanation can shed some light.

The following message was found: "The investigation into Sinical's role has failed. The Roleblocker please contact whom you blocked Night 1."

It says the investigation failed, and specifically asked for the disabler to contact them. It's pretty easy to assume that whoever it was, was disabled.

Zen it could shed some light or just put more accusations on Sinical which their probably have been enough of plus what if it was someone who knew they had to keep a low profile so it's the silent ones I think we should be looking at

9 hours ago, weee5067 said:

Vote: Red

Because everyone else who voted for Nobody at least made an effort to contribute to the discussion.

It's funny because I actually thought about saying something because I knew someone might use my lack of writing to vote for me.

But I also thought: what has been said has already been said. There's nothing to contribute. There's no new information that we know of, at least in thread. 

I'm not going to pretend I have anything useful to add on Day 2 with no information.

Well if you want new information then some evil doers have separated from each other and formed small group to take out more than one innocent at a time. Look out for any connection between any players were others might be involved and that might lead you to one of these groups.

Edited by RocktheFox

I'm going to assert that I was not converted and that I'm still innocent. I've been told nothing about rez protection, so unless someone knows otherwise, I'd like some protection for tonight. Also, if you're a plain innocent, let me know. I don't think Rift included more than one, and I suspect even that one is vital.

Someone has claimed to be the one that rezzed me. If you rezzed me and did not already contact me, well, let me know ASAP.

Since I'm already likely to be attacked, I might as well get this out there - I know that there are at least 2 specific non-innocent teams - Phoenixes and Werewolves. My role treats them as equals. That much people already speculated publicly, but I'm confirming it. I'll throw in one more - my role is 2 standard roles split between even and odd nights. 

Sinical is playing in a way that seems more likely to be evil, so:

Vote: Sinical

Do NOT vote for "Nobody" again. We have enough posts to make educated guesses on behavior and narrow it down so it's not as simple as 6/18.

We have a gunshot, which fits with my speculation on how Rift would theme this. I'm pretty sure it's the vigi.

Gunshot in sparkbomb lore = phoenix, not a vigi.

Mauling is obviously werewolves.

Stabbing is likely spectre.

Three factions for three evil teams. I'm sure it will be confirmed tonight, but my suspicion is that there are meant to be three night attacks. The fact there was only two on the first night likely means one was disabled or otherwise prevented. There is the information that we need to work on.

I'm also not sure what you mean by this is how I'd play if evil. I outright haven't been able to be online during peak times, what do you want me to be doing?

Vote: Sinical

Unrelated to Inu's reasons; Trajectory told me that he had reason to believe Sinical was evil, but wanted to wait to push for execution (probably because he didn't want to paint a target on his own back?).

And that's it? You're not going to elaborate with why he thought that so I can try and defend myself before the mindless bandwagon starts?

Although I guess it's convenient for you this way. If you're evil you get to take out a threat and then pass the blame onto traj.

I mean, you could explain why an innocent role might incorrectly find you suspicious. You don't need a precise accusation to defend yourself. Did you target Inu Night 1 or something?

If I wanted to start a mindless bandwagon, I would have just fabricated information instead of relaying Traj's vague suspicions.

Also, I've been told that there was not a successful shooting protection Night 1, so if the Disabler/Roleblocker wants to tell me who they targeted, I'm happy to relay it to the thread.

From the night scene, it appears that someone tried to investigate Sinical on Night 1, but failed. For some reason, the investigator thinks that he/she got role-blocked, and decided to send a message (or get someone to send a message) asking the role-blocker to contact him/her. 

But another possible reason is that Sinical has a power which causes attempted investigations (or perhaps the first investigation) of him to fail, which is very likely to be an evil power. 

Given the lack of other leads, I am tempted to vote Sinical as well, but will wait and see if the role-blocker (if one exists) can clear up the above issues, perhaps through Inu (with the number of night kills so far, having rez-conversions as well seems rather unlikely IMO). 

I was in contact with traj off thread. He obviously didn't like what I said, but I couldn't tell you what it was. Maybe my roleclaim, which I would rather not do so publicly unless necessary.

And Qanda I am pretty sure there are multiple disruption abilities in this game. It might be the way of balancing a game with this many kills. I can state openly that both nights, my power has not targeted who I personally intended to, and these powers typically don't allow you to target the same person on consecutive nights. The investigator is saying their ability failed for whatever reason. Night one there looks like there was a kill that was prevented as well.

If anybody would like to chime in and let me know their lists were also stopped/muddled/swapped whatever it would be nice. But there seems to be enough evidence to suggest it is true anyway.

13 minutes ago, Sinical said:

I was in contact with traj off thread. He obviously didn't like what I said, but I couldn't tell you what it was. Maybe my roleclaim, which I would rather not do so publicly unless necessary.

And Qanda I am pretty sure there are multiple disruption abilities in this game. It might be the way of balancing a game with this many kills. I can state openly that both nights, my power has not targeted who I personally intended to, and these powers typically don't allow you to target the same person on consecutive nights. The investigator is saying their ability failed for whatever reason. Night one there looks like there was a kill that was prevented as well.

If anybody would like to chime in and let me know their lists were also stopped/muddled/swapped whatever it would be nice. But there seems to be enough evidence to suggest it is true anyway.

Raising the possibility of multiple disruption abilities and target-switching seems to be a great way to lay the groundwork for when the role disruptor comes back and says that he/she did not block the investigator on Night 1. Publicly announcing that you failed to target the person you intended to target on both nights is also a great way to shirk responsibility in case a tracker/watcher sees you targeting someone you shouldn't be targeting. 

Also, it seems rather coincidental that Traj died after you were in contact with him and told him stuff that caused him to be suspicious of you. 

Based on the above, I feel justified to Vote: Sinical.