InuyashaOhki

Wolf Trek: To Boldly Howl - Game Thread

Captain's log, stardate 57328.1. Recently assigned to the USS Wolfe, our top secret mission is to seek out peaceful relations with the Romulan Empire in the face of renewed Dominion aggression. We are to rendezvous with a D'deridex class Romulan Warbird commanded by Commander Tal over Organia. The Organians were crucial in reaching a treaty with the Klingons, and have agreed to host treaty negotiations with us once again.

Captain's log, supplemental. Command code Jaris alpha-one-one-zeta-one. Upon reaching Organia, we beamed down to the rendezvous point and met with the Organians. Ahead of schedule, the Romulans had already arrived. Formal greetings were being exchanged when an entity was released that even the Organians were powerless against. Their only defense was a mental projection that confused everyone, leaving us all unsure of each other's identities. I don't know my own crew from the Romulans.

---

Command report. Per our orders, we have arrived early to avoid any Federation surprises. The Organians have acquiesced to our demands as we were promised. The Federation arrived several hours after we did, at the appointed time. Additional reports to follow.

Command report. Despite my appearance, this is Commander Tal. Situation 11714 has transpired. Forces should prepare for war against the perpetrators. Will inform further as soon as we determine if the perpetrators were Federation, Dominion, or Organian.

Welcome, players!

• As mentioned already, the day ends at 11PM Central time. The first day lasts until 11PM on Thursday, July 21 (roughly 48 hours from now) and all subsequent days will be 24 hours long, also ending at 11PM. 
  • The dead are NOT allowed to share private information in the graveyard or communicate about the game privately, even with other dead players. The dead may not ask to be rezzed or indicate that it would be a good or bad idea to rez them. 
  • If you know who your teammates are from the start, you must EACH inform me of giving permission before telling any other player your group identities.
  • Standard werewolf rules apply. http://sparkbomb.com/forums/topic/63-werewolf-introduction-and-gameplay/
  • If you have any questions, ask me privately so that you don't reveal anything secret by accident. If you're sure it's not going to reveal anything secret, you can ask me wherever.
  • Keep ALL private communication with the MC in the private messages I start. If you are using a shared line communication power which initiated with the MC, keep that line of communication in the thread with the MC. (Power not guaranteed to exist.)
  • All lists will either be 1 player, or 4 players, depending on the power. If you fail to submit 4 names, the remaining slots will be left blank. Randomly landing on a blank slot will be the same as failing to submit a list for the night.
  • All living players MUST vote each night for a living player or for Nobody. Vote/Unvote in standard format (eg. Vote: Nobody or Unvote: Nobody, Vote: Barclay).
  • Failure to vote for 2 consecutive days may result in replacement.
  • Plurality determines execution.
  • Friendly fire is on. If someone swaps you or your teammate onto your list...well, you'll kill who the list says.
  • I will process in the following order: Execution, Negotiations (treaty, conspiring, etc.), Powers Specified as "Immediately After Execution", Resurrection, Debuff/Buff from previously used powers, List Manipulation on any player using a Power Stop, Power Stop, all other List Manipulation, Dream-Breaking, Jailing, Protection, Protection-Breaking, OMT Attacks, 2MT Attacks, 3MT Attacks, Vigilante Attacks, One-Use Attacks, Distribution/Offering of Powers (Inventor, Graverobber, Pickpocket, etc.), Actions which do not affect other powers (Info roles, Pyro placement, Poisoning, Transmitting messages, etc.) Not all these roles are really in this game, so you can't use it as a checklist.

We find ourselves standing on the planet Organia in a large hall with several adjacent rooms and a village around us. A creeping sense of fear twinges at everyone in attendance even before you realize that you can't recognize anyone around you. You have no idea who your own crew is, or even who the hosts are. The only thing we know is that some entity here has caused this, and that no one is leaving until the entity has been neutralized. Each night, you will have the option of eliminating one individual with a misaligned transporter. A single use may not be enough to stop a particularly strong noncorporeal entity, but nothing can stand up to it indefinitely. Good luck. The future of the Federation and the Romulan Empire may very well depend on your success.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Peace Treaty Delegates:

1. Sinical
  2. Shattered Rift - Federation, killed by slashing and stabbing on night 6.
  3. Blacjak - Federation, killed by Romulan interrogation device on night 4.
  4. thelilbear - Romulan, killed by Federation truth drugs on night 1. 
  5. Steev - Romulan, executed day 8.
  6. Liz - Romulan, killed by Federation truth drugs on night 2.
  7. Red - Romulan, killed by Romulan interrogation device on night 3.
  8. Celairiel - Organian, killed by slashing and stabbing on night 1. Rezzed night 4. Killed by slashing and stabbing on night 7. Rezzed night 8, killed by slashing and stabbing on night 8.
  9. Zilary - Federation, killed by slashing and stabbing on night 4.
  10. RocktheFox - Romulan, killed by Romulan interrogation device on night 2.
  11. Lion Wiggles - Romulan, killed by execution day 7.
  12. thezodiac - Federation, killed by Romulan interrogation device on night 5.
  13. Lieutenant-colonel Franc - Federation, killed by execution day 5.
  14. Trajectory - Federation/Redjac, killed by execution day 4.
  15. Weee - Federation, killed by execution day 3.
  16. Spiritbox - Romulan, killed by slashing and stabbing on night 3. Rezzed night 4. Killed by slashing and stabbing on night 5.
  17. Rexozord - Federation/Redjac, killed by execution day 6.
  18. Voce Angeli - Federation, killed by execution day 2. Rezzed night 3.
  19. Rany

For anyone confused, these are the players that ain't dead yet:

1. Sinical
  2. Voce Angeli
  3. Rany
Edited by InuyashaOhki

Vote: Nobody

Posting to say "I'm here", "I don't have my role yet" (which is not a surprise, as you said roles aren't out yet), and "I won't be back/online in full capacity until ~8:30 PM mountain time and will be going to bed at ~10:30 PM mountain time so I'm putting a placeholder vote just in case things get hectic with making dinner and I forget to vote later".

Also, first.

Ok, now roles are out. Everybody after this point has had a chance to read their roles and is hiding something. Try not to let fear get the better of you.

Wolf... the final frontier... these are the voyages of the Starship Wolfy McWolfface, its continuing mission to explore strange new canines, to seek out new packs and new fire hydrants... to boldly go where no kitten has gone before...

*Cue fanfare*

*Disappears to read his role*

So if I understand the plot right, there are four (maybe five) teams: Federation, Romulan, Organian, Dominion (and 'Entity'?). It sounds like the first three might be willing to form an alliance of some type, the remaining one or two are probably standard baddies.

Here... I think you are correct Wee. Forming the alliance seems imperative.

Vote: Red

I'd love a day 1 execution... Just once 😄

3 hours ago, thezodiac said:

I'd love a day 1 execution... Just once

Oh, man.  You have no idea how hard it is for me to read that and not vote for you out of irony.

5 hours ago, Steev said:

Oh, man.  You have no idea how hard it is for me to read that and not vote for you out of irony.

I'm expecting some people to... Sinical being a predictable candidate 😄.

18 minutes ago, thezodiac said:

I'm expecting some people to... Sinical being a predictable candidate 😄.

I'm not typically a fan of day 1 executions.  I like to have at least a little bit of info when I vote.  But, if I'm forced to vote (for somebody as opposed to nobody), it usually goes to #7, which would be Red.  So, the combination of you saying that AND voting for who I normally would have...Ugh.

In any case, realized I didn't actually vote last time.

Ugh I had the kind of day where I need to just curl up in bed with whiskey and my animals. I'm on the not-a-an-of-first-day-executions side, so

The game set up reminds me of the plot in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. and now its inspired me to watch my favourite star trek movie tonight, First Contact.

27 minutes ago, Shattered Rift said:

Vote: thezodiac

Well, we know that Sinical and Zodiac aren't both baddies on the same team.

Step 1, complete.

31 minutes ago, Shattered Rift said:

Vote: thezodiac

Well, we know that Sinical and Zodiac aren't both baddies on the same team.

I'm surprised to hear you say that, considering the number of teammates we saw vote each other on Day 1 in our game. :P

Edited by Rexozord

4 minutes ago, Rexozord said:

I'm surprised to hear you say that, considering the number of teammates we saw vote each other on Day 1 in our game. :P

Sinical doesn't do that. Alternatively... well, I think you know my alternative point, in which case let's just let this day continue on.

As the inexplicably strange orbit of the planet Organia enters the 20th hour of it's annual double-length day, the MC becomes somewhat bored and feels like posting, annoying players who thought something important might be happening when they saw he had posted.

:P 

Reminder: Everybody must vote every day.

Votes thus far:

Nobody - Liz, Red, spiritbox, Zilary, Steev, thelilbear, RocktheFox
Red - thezodiac
Zodiac - Sinical, Trajectory, Shattered Rift

Also, a clarification - You can PM each other all you want while both parties are alive. The rule about keeping the MC in the PM loop is only if the communication was initiated through me (say, for example, chats with dead players, or verified this-role-is-talking chats).

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Zodiac votes a team mate on day one when evil like 90% of the time.

Btw, no one is "evil" this game. I'm fairly certain there are 6 different alignments based on talking with a few people. 3 of them can win together by treaty, 2 groups of 2 of them can win with 1 other by destroying the other team thus preventing the treaty.

Also

Vote: nobody

Edited by Blacjak