InuyashaOhki

Wolf Trek: To Boldly Howl - Game Thread

Since I'm slightly, almost-completely lost in the Star Trek lore, could someone explain to me what is an Organian and a Romulan? Is one of these a baddie? Or are we all on different teams just trying to be the last to survive?

Also...Vote: Nobody

Just so I don't forget to vote and I don't have any leads.

22 minutes ago, lion wiggles said:

Do you think that the entity-controlled peeps are a static team? Or that the entity can take over others as well?

I'm not sure. In the episode, I think the same dude hosted the entity up until the very end, when it switched to someone else (full disclosure: I haven't watched the episode, I just read the synopsis). I could see Inu going either way with this.

At this point, I think it would be helpful to mention that the entity, based on private information I have, can certainly change hosts and (almost certainly) does not have its own static faction. I'm not sure the mechanism by which it can change hosts, but it seems likely based on the information that I have that it changes hosts when its host dies, and we will need to kill it a certain number of times for it to be completely removed. It is also possible (based on in-thread information) that only execution will have this effect, and killing it in a different way will only force it to switch hosts without making progress. I also have no idea how many hosts it may have at once, although the source material you are referencing seems to suggest only one.

If all these suppositions are correct, it looks to me as though we're dealing with an OMT-esque stabber (with, what, multiple heirings, possibly?) and probably a multiple-person faction that's injecting people.

I'll need to go back and look at the thread, but for now I'm comfortable voting someone who's voted Nobody already today.

Vote: Zilary

I've been trying to ponder what the game setup is, and what it means for executions.  If the setup is a small (one-man) team of the 'entity', and the rest of us are divided into the Federation, Romulan, and Organian factions, it might behoove us to hold off on executions until we can be sure who that team is.  Of course, presuming the treaty happens that basically puts the rest of us on the same team.

If, on the other hand, there are factions WITHIN each of those factions that are the actual baddies of the game, and the entity is just another one, then we'll definitely want to start vaporizing some people.  And if the factions never align in treaty, then it kind of turns into a paintball, where you want anyone but those on your team to be executed.

I don't know which is right.  In the absence of any leads, though, it's smart to vote someone off.  I have no information to go on, though, so my vote would basically have to be random.  Unfortunately, I'll be leaving in the next twenty minutes or so, and probably won't be back until after night happens, so... 

Vote: Weee, I guess, because that's what the dice told me.

3 hours ago, Zilary said:

Since I'm slightly, almost-completely lost in the Star Trek lore, could someone explain to me what is an Organian and a Romulan? Is one of these a baddie? Or are we all on different teams just trying to be the last to survive?

3 hours ago, weee5067 said:

I'm not sure. In the episode, I think the same dude hosted the entity up until the very end, when it switched to someone else (full disclosure: I haven't watched the episode, I just read the synopsis). I could see Inu going either way with this.

Organians - Non-corporeal aliens who like peace. They take on human form to be good hosts to visiting corporeal species.

Romulans - Pointy-eared humanoids with green blood that have been at war with the Federation in the past, but are now possibly going to be allies.

You're all on different teams trying to survive. Some teams can survive together if a treaty is made.

What Weee is referring to is Redjac ( http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Redjac ) a different non-corporeal entity that had the ability to possess humans and make them commit heinous murders to feed off the fear and pain of the victims. Among those he possessed was Jack the Ripper. Redjac killed his host and possessed others, being driven out by various means and eventually going back into his original host, which was then beamed into space with a transporter on a wide dispersal pattern.

Found it! Do I post in thread, or PM you? And do I win cookies?

Dang it. Seriously... Two games in a row? And this time I wasn't even on my phone. Back to where I belong...

Edited by Celairiel

38 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

Found it! Do I post in thread, or PM you? And do I win cookies?

I hope the teleported thing works on ghosts. 😝

My theory of the game would be that a separate faction (or factions) non-connected with the three we know is killing people, perhaps with the sole goal of stopping any treaty signing.

At the moment, I am going to

Vote:Weee

Though if something with solid proof comes to light I will try to re-vote.

Though, just FYI, I am going out tonight, but will try to get on. If something important happens, someone will need to message me privately so that I can have enough time to assess before deadline.

Welllll...

Vote: Voce

I roleclaimed to Voce, and now she's voting for me without giving a reason. Sounds to me like my role is dangerous to her (Rex's speculation makes this seem more likely) and she's trying to hide it by pretending to just jump on a bandwagon.

16 minutes ago, weee5067 said:

Welllll...

I roleclaimed to Voce, and now she's voting for me without giving a reason. Sounds to me like my role is dangerous to her (Rex's speculation makes this seem more likely) and she's trying to hide it by pretending to just jump on a bandwagon.

I'm going to vote Voce as well. It makes no sense to vote a person who role claims to you. Unless you don't trust the role claim and have proof.

I feel like I'm at a supreme disadvantage in this game because I know zero about Star Trek. 

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant-colonel Franc said:

I know some Star Trek stuff. Isn't much help so far.

Would someone kindly explain what this peace treaty actually is, and how one calls for it?

I'm not sure how it will work this game, but last game, I had to live until half the players in the game were dead. After that, I received a code from Inu that I had to get every other living player to send back to Inu in a PM. 

Edit: I also share the concern about Voce, given what's been stated on-thread. 

Unvote: Zilary

Edited by Trajectory

10 minutes ago, Red said:

I feel like I'm at a supreme disadvantage in this game because I know zero about Star Trek.

I think that's what Inu's post on this page was supposed to fix. He basically condensed all the relevant Star Trek backstory for anyone who doesn't want to read a bunch of wiki pages.

Vote: liz

I'm pretty sure she's Redjac host based on her post about possession without reference

32 minutes ago, Red said:

If there's anything you don't understand or don't know what it means, ask and I'll explain. I don't want anyone to be at a disadvantage just because they haven't watched the series. 

Votes:

Weee - TheZodiac, Steev, Voce
Nobody - Zilary
Voce - Weee, Red, Trajectory
Liz - Blacjac
Not voted - Buncha peoples

Romulans became more active and aggressive towards the Federation because of the Federations expansion and despite the Federations best efforts to avid war and try and establish friendship, Romulans always have been sneaky and deviant people and are much worse than klingons I'm my opinion as an enemy of the federation, But their is talk of the Romulans have a packed with another more deadly enemy of the federation and one man has in important part to play in the coming conflict. 

Vote: Blackjack

Vote: Nobody

I'm probably going to miss most of tomorrow (as I'll be in Seattle for the entire day). In the interest of sharing information, even those of us interested in signing the treaty will not all be able to sign.

I'm also in the camp of not really knowing what to do this game. My Star Trek knowledge is primarily limited to Voyager. But I also think that it's the set-up throwing me a lot more than my lack of knowledge.

Voce contacted me Day 1 fishing around for information. I didn't tell her anything (as I'm accustomed to Werewolf being more secretive than this game seems to be), but I didn't really find anything about her behavior odd. Considering there are probably one or two innocent roles that need information in this game... well, I'd kind of like to wait another day while some of us try to figure out what exactly we're supposed to be doing, especially considering not all "innocent" factions are able to win together in the first place.

So I've been chatting via PM with others and well, the gist of it is now on the forums, so I'm going to lean towards Voce tonight - unless she has a valid reason to disbelieve weee's role claim, which I find hard to believe, I'm erring on the side of being evil and protecting herself.

Okay so, we apparently have weee and voce roletrade, then voce votes weee.

Voce provided no info with the vote so is now getting voted off.

However....weeee, has also provided no info besides this claimed roletrade and expects others to vote with her.

Voce vote seems odd

Edit: ...although I guess the line of logic is concurrent with the position in which voce voted.

I think this whole multiple teams thing is really confusing my basic instincts for this game. I can't really adapt my thinking around it..

Edited by Sinical

Updated Votes:

Weee - TheZodiac, Steev, Voce
Nobody - Zilary, Shattered Rift
Voce - Weee, Red, Trajectory, Spiritbox, Lion Wiggles
Liz - Blacjac
Blacjac - Rockthefox
Not voted - Sinical, Liz, Lieutennant-colonel Franc, Rexozord, Rany

1 hour remains.

Of course, I happily went to work having forgot to vote. Unfortunately, I don't have time to consider the Voce vote wagon properly. I don't particularly want to help or hinder it, so I'll vote for someone with no votes.

Vote: Shattered Rift