InuyashaOhki

Wolf Trek: To Boldly Howl - Game Thread

363 posts in this topic

Seriously? I was simply informed by one of our innocent dead friends before they died that if they died, to vote for weeee, I trust that person even though they didn't give me a solid reason. With nothing else to go on....... 

However, if you kill me before having me get a certain piece of information to some commanders.....anyone who knows what I am talking about should be sure to contact me. 

Final Votes:

Weee - TheZodiac, Steev, Voce, Sinical (4)
Nobody - Zilary, Shattered Rift
Voce - Weee, Red, Trajectory, Spiritbox, Lion Wiggles (5)
Liz - Blacjac
Blacjac - Rockthefox, Rany
Shattered Rift - Rexozord
Not voted - Liz, Lieutennant-colonel Franc

By your vote of 5 to 4, you have selected Voce as your next transporter accident! Tell Voce what she's won, computer!

"Affirmative: Voce has won the opportunity to be placed on the transporter pad, beamed into space on a wide dispersal pattern, and then participate in afterlife games with the other deceased contestants."

Sorry, that was boring, so we went ahead and beamed her into space while you were talking. The transporter pattern shows she had been a Federation Admiral. Someone is so getting fired when they get home...

Night processing has begun but may be slightly slow tonight.

Yeah, weee needs to die.

You roletraded with voce, then decided to lead an execution on her without mentioning the tiny detail that she is the federation admiral.

Edited by Sinical

When the moon hits your eye like a big...oh, right, the Romulans don't know what a pizza is... Well, I- huh? Oh, you're wondering about the dead bodies piled up in the corner?

Well, we have Rockthefox, who from the green blood appears to have been a Romulan. There's a Romulan neural transmitter sticking out of his neck. Kind of a gruesome way to go...
Next to him, we have Liz, also bleeding green Romulan blood. Scans show she died by the same Federation neurostimulant used the previous night.

Bad day to be a Romulan, I suppose...

Day 3 has begun.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Not to defend Weee, but she didn't actually say anything about roletrading with Voce, just that she claimed to them. I'd like to hear from Weee before I vote.

Yeah, I just told Voce my role. She then voted for me without responding to my PM and without stating a reason on-thread. I don't think I was wrong to be mega-suspicious of her after that.

I'm also going to point out that Cel was Organian, lilbear was Romulan, and Voce was Federation. Unless Voce had the weirdest win condition, it doesn't make sense to me that she'd blindly follow the recommendation of someone with a different alignment to her.

No, it was a slow information exchange. First she said hi, and then I told her my role was simple, and then she told me that hers involved the treaty, and then I told her what type of power I had, and then she voted for me.

Voce was talking to Cel. Cel was Organian. Organians want peace and are neutral-treaty. If Cel told Voce that she had revealed that she was Organian to Weee, and if Weee was Redjac, it makes a lot of sense that Weee would want to kill Cel as Redjac is certainly against the idea of a treaty.

That is the line of logic being followed.

I would advise against telling people your race, as I suspect there are players who specifically want a certain race eliminated. But claiming a win-con or power should be okay as long as it is worded in a faction neutral manner.

Odd.  Most of my last post was in the dialog when I went to make this one.

Anyway.  Regarding the whole Weee/Voce thing, I think the only thing we can truly take away from it is that Weee is likely NOT Federation.  We can make some other surmises, but it is true that Voce through the first vote out.   Weee did have a fairly cogent reason for her vote, if the role claiming went down like she claims.

That said, we don't really have any better leads at the moment, right?  And since yesterday's dice told me to vote her, I might as well keep that going.

Vote:Weee

I think literally anyone else would be a better lead. For example, zodiac voted for me yesterday using completely bogus reasoning (if you're curious, no, I'm not likely to kill Cel or lilbear early when I have a kill power) and then left his vote there with no justification when Voce turned it into a bandwagon. And then he used me not getting lynched as his new reason to vote for me. Sounds to me like he just wants to lynch an innocent.

Vote: zodiac

I can assure you, I sent no lists and took no actions either night. And with such a close vote, there's no way no one investigated me last night, so the absence of a Dreamer/Tracker hit speaks volumes.

Weee is innocent. She claimed her goal word for word.

Vote: zodiac

That rings of desperation Wee... So I'm happy to keep my vote on you.

You know that early in games I always vote for people using weak or no real evidence. Because barring any investigative evidence, we're not going to have anything to go on really. I do it to get people talking, and now that you have you're convincing me to keep my vote on you.

Edited by thezodiac

Vote: Nobody

I'm not opposed to the Zodiac vote based on Day 1's lack of bandwagon. Am opposed to voting Weee for loose reasons. Probably won't check back in until tomorrow.

3 hours ago, weee5067 said:

I can assure you, I sent no lists and took no actions either night. And with such a close vote, there's no way no one investigated me last night, so the absence of a Dreamer/Tracker hit speaks volumes.

I think this is a garbage defense. First, looking at the sheer number of people who haven't voted, it's totally possible that you were investigated, and the investigator isn't online yet. Second, just because you have second most votes, doesn't automatically mean that investigators will target you. Third, I think it's not safe to assume traditional investigator roles in this game.

This all being said, I'm not convinced about the vote against Weee. It seems like this conflict was all created by Cel telling Voce to execute Weee if she died, and then Cel died. Unfortunately, either Voce didn't know why Cel wanted this, or she chose not to tell us while she was alive. Either way, we have no idea what the actual justification was. Additionally, counter-accusing is a null tell. Honestly, my main suspicion of Weee right now is simply due to her exaggerated defense.

I'm more concerned by how "easily" Weee has had wagons on her. Ditto for Zodiac, really.

On the other hand, I'd like to point out some suspicious behavior I've noticed on thread. First, Steev is leaning more heavily on random voting this game than usual. that could easily be a crutch to hide his alignment (in my experience, innocent Steev is a bit more likely to go for analysis). Second, I find it somewhat suspicious that Rany decided to essentially copy what I said and did (albeit, in a much condensed way). In my experience, baddies do this (use an accepted excuse for typically anti-town or non-pro-town behavior) to try to remain low profile. Third, I'm wary of Traj, mainly because he's being quiet and he did happen to be third vote on the Voce wagon (that being said, I thought it was a good wagon until Voce posted her defense, at which point it should have been abandoned).

Actually, going back to Weee's post, I think her accusation of zodiac is suspect as well. She could have easily made the argument that he is continuously voting her without a reason and that is anti-town. Instead, she falsifies an argument for him (at least, I'm pretty sure that his justification is identical now to yesterday: he thinks she killed Cel) in order to make him look more suspicious.

I will disclaim that I tend to read both Weee and Zodiac as baddies, regardless of their actual alignment. As such, I'm interested in more input on both of them, and also Steev. When I vote later today, I will likely vote against Weee or Steev, unless new information comes to light. I also want to remind people to keep their eyes open for the people who are less involved as well, though. (My further posts will be via mobile for the night, so will probably be less wordy.)

EDIT: Actually, plans canceled, so I'll be home for the night.

Edited by Rexozord

9 minutes ago, Rexozord said:

First, looking at the sheer number of people who haven't voted, it's totally possible that you were investigated, and the investigator isn't online yet.

We're 4 hours from cutoff. "Not online yet" is far from the most likely explanation at this point.

13 minutes ago, Rexozord said:

Second, just because you have second most votes, doesn't automatically mean that investigators will target you.

No, but when someone is saying "A dead player told me this guy is suspicious," people tend to investigate unless they have something better to go off of. And I'm not aware of any other serious accusations from yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Rexozord said:

Third, I think it's not safe to assume traditional investigator roles in this game.

I'll be absolutely shocked if there's not at least several players with Tracker, alignment (this game's type) Dreamer, or Watcher roles in this game. And that's ignoring the pseudo-investigative roles like list replacement and disabling.

1 minute ago, weee5067 said:

We're 4 hours from cutoff. "Not online yet" is far from the most likely explanation at this point.

No, but when someone is saying "A dead player told me this guy is suspicious," people tend to investigate unless they have something better to go off of. And I'm not aware of any other serious accusations from yesterday.

I'll be absolutely shocked if there's not at least several players with Tracker, alignment (this game's type) Dreamer, or Watcher roles in this game. And that's ignoring the pseudo-investigative roles like list replacement and disabling.

The problem is the validity of the argument when you made it (it was an overreaching argument). And, to be fair, I had written that part of my post probably two hours ago at this point.

I feel like, again, this is based off a bad assumption. Before Voce actually told us why she was voting you, there was no real reason to suspect you. She didn't tell us why she voted you until 14 minutes before cutoff. The relevant investigator would have to have been online in that 14 minute span for that to have a chance of impacting their list.

Sure, I'll grant that, but dismissing the possibility out of hand in order to make your defense stronger is anti-town behavior.

So this is the point in the game where I go to the first post and see who aren't we talking about. It's happened a lot quicker this time though. Mostly because I'm still confused, and I'm seeing some good arguments...or at least plausible arguments.

I will 98% likely to not be on later because reasons*

I'm not even semi-confident on a vote tonight.

Vote: Nobody

*Stardew Valley is taking over my life. I'm only not playing it right now so that I can vote and eat dinner.

5 minutes ago, Rexozord said:

She didn't tell us why she voted you until 14 minutes before cutoff.

You're right, I assumed she said it a lot sooner (I was gone for the last 2-3 hours of yesterDay).

Well, in that case, I think it's still safe to say that there wasn't a condemning investigation yesterday, although it's much more likely that I wasn't investigated.

So erm, I've been debating mentioning this but..last night I apparently had a tingling sensation and was left with a taste of salt. Anybody more knowledgeable about star trek know what it is? Going purely off ww instincts it sounds something pyroish.

As for weee, I am somewhat unsure on the vote now she has got on and actually made some defence. But still, she saw voce post saying they were going to be away and then immediately started the vote...could have also been a coincidence, but eh. This whole mess could have been avoided if voce simply mentioned the reason for the vote T_T

That said, I am actually open to changing vote but there hasn't been anywhere near enough activity yet today for me to find anything else worth suggesting. Rexs suggestion on traj is probably the closest I could get to agreeing on somebody else.