weee5067

SISK #3 - Game & Sign-ups

Can I request that you do so anyway for today. It's getting to the point where I need to sleep and so far there's basically one post.

Analysing writing styles is something I know I'm awful at so can't see myself being as much use in this game short of some vote analysis later in the game. Two things I noticed that are worth mentioning.

or the Scottish word for small

Is that a known term to most Americans? I can think of a few examples in popular media that I've seen it used (simpsons/austin powers) but wasn't sure if others would know it.

Secondly, the writer is using the incorrect (American) spelling for tenderise. Not that it really means much as it's the easiest of things to fake and I think I'm the only one that spells the word correctly out of the group of players.

Good thing I didn't read that while eating dinner or something. Eesh.

These are my top picks...

• Inu
  • Sinical
  • Blacjak

I have don't know much about anyone else's writing styles, but this is based on their "oh-well, I'm evil" monologues in WW and Inu's hosting tend to write out elaborate stories. I agree on the showmanship. The inconsistent spelling of "weee"s name is something I feel we all do, so I'm not going to hinge on that.

Will post some more thoughts/vote tomorrow...thanks for the extension!

I kind of agree with blac here. I'm not as familiar with peoples writing styles though, so I'm not confident enough to vote yet.

However, the writing does seem similar to the Nobody Mouse game that Inu hosted.

Yeah, I agree with that assessment of suspicion as well. I think Sinical could be the helper, assuming there is one.

If I were to write this scene, I wouldn't have implied I usually keep the victim concious, I would have just done it. Also blunt trauma doesn't really have the same effect as lacerations and I don't usually choose it as a damage type. Boiling her like a lobster would have been pretty good I think.

I actually spelled weee with two ees for a long time before I realized it.

54 minutes ago, Blacjak said:

Yeah, I agree with that assessment of suspicion as well. I think Sinical could be the helper, assuming there is one.

If I were to write this scene, I wouldn't have implied I usually keep the victim concious, I would have just done it. Also blunt trauma doesn't really have the same effect as lacerations and I don't usually choose it as a damage type. Boiling her like a lobster would have been pretty good I think.

I actually spelled weee with two ees for a long time before I realized it.

Based on what? Having the audacity to ask you to explain your vote after you come along with a one sentence post, and a vote in a game where analysis and communication is key?

In fact, you still haven't even done that much, you've only tried to deflect attention from yourself pointing out things you wouldn't have done, and we can all do that. Saying what you would have/wouldn't have done is honestly completely pointless because people can quite frankly make it up.

Edited by Sinical

1 hour ago, Blacjak said:

An "I wouldn't do that" followed by more disgusting text to analyze... I think my vote is settled. Thanks for making this easy for us.

Vote: Blac

Lol well then. I know it must be frustrating to feel like you don't know why there's suspicion on you, but evidently it's not that hard to see to most of the players.

Firstly; my immediate gut reaction, after reading the scene, was Zodiac. "But then", I thought, "if it was Zodiac, wouldn't there be more exclamation points?"

Secondly; Inu, I ask this more out of a sense of curiosity than any real need to answer your suspicion, but where have you seen my writing style before? It feels like years since I've hosted anything on Sparkbomb; I suppose you could have gone to another WW site I used to frequent (there were a couple), but the last thing I tried to host here I ended up being unable to and Shattered took over. :ph34r:

(Also, are you calling me an over-the-top writer? How rude. I think my feelings have been hurt. :P)

Thirdly; are the votes for Blacjak being made out of a sense of principle, or is there an actual reason to suspect him? Because other than his "if I had done it, here's how" statement, I'm not seeing a whole lot.

4 hours ago, weee5067 said:

Yeah, sure. Day 1 ends tomorrow at 10pm PDT. Start analyzing, guys!

Thanks! I appreciate that too. 

4 hours ago, Sinical said:

Is that a known term to most Americans? I can think of a few examples in popular media that I've seen it used (simpsons/austin powers) but wasn't sure if others would know it.

Secondly, the writer is using the incorrect (American) spelling for tenderise. Not that it really means much as it's the easiest of things to fake and I think I'm the only one that spells the word correctly out of the group of players.

Yes. There are certain phrases basically any American would use when trying to imitate an accent. G'day for Australian, eh for Canadians, wee for Scottish. Plus, Harry Potter and other British lit. Combine that with your point regarding tenderize (which I didn't know was spelled differently, and if I didn't know, most Americans wouldn't know) I would think we have an American writing this. 

And while I lost the quote on accident, the phrase about "weee" referring to a group, I think it means "we" as in "us."

3 hours ago, Zilary said:

Good thing I didn't read that while eating dinner or something. Eesh.

I read it right before bed. Suffice it to say, I didn't fall asleep as quickly as I had hoped to.

Since those thoughts were replies, they were easiest to articulate. 

My first gut reaction is that this is either Blac or Inu. It reads the most like them to me. Sinical is capable of writing this style, but some of the details seem to not fit with his MC style, at the least. That said, he hasn't MC'd as much as the other two, so I'm going to go back and skim his prior games. However, I feel like he reads less like a narrator typically, while the other two take the narrator role rather than an internal view point. Again, I need to go back and check how accurate my memory is on this.

Blac was the killer in the first SISK. His styling was specifically based off of a work he'd written several years in the past. It's how I caught him. But because of that, I know his style for then was not what he wanted to actually present as a kill. Expecting him to have a similar style would be foolish on multiple levels. Last time, he was busy and wrote something he said was "less extravagant" than he had wanted. He is again busy, but this is far more elaborate. What conclusion to draw from this, I am not confident on. There are multiple readings that lead to opposite conclusions.

Inu, from what I know, has time, and this style does make sense for him. The narration style struck me immediately as reading like his plots. Especially how he set it up like a show. Very Inu-like. That said, it's so on the nose that it could be a good attempt to mimic him.

Urgh, I can't sleep. Grumpy and tired so keeping this short.

Blac has come along, voted somebody with no reasoning.

When asked to provide reasoning, still provided no reasoning.

Instead he assured us that it couldn't be him because X bull###### reason.

Topped it off by going along with a random suggestion from another player as for who else he thinks could be evil.

I am not great at analysing writing styles. But werewolf posts? This screams evil.

3 hours ago, Trajectory said:

Secondly; Inu, I ask this more out of a sense of curiosity than any real need to answer your suspicion, but where have you seen my writing style before? It feels like years since I've hosted anything on Sparkbomb; I suppose you could have gone to another WW site I used to frequent (there were a couple), but the last thing I tried to host here I ended up being unable to and Shattered took over. :ph34r:

(Also, are you calling me an over-the-top writer? How rude. I think my feelings have been hurt. :P)

Thirdly; are the votes for Blacjak being made out of a sense of principle, or is there an actual reason to suspect him? Because other than his "if I had done it, here's how" statement, I'm not seeing a whole lot.

We had the reverse of this conversation last SISK when I -didn't- identify you among the long-post writers for the very reason you mention here. After you were offended at that, I looked up this: http://sparkbomb.com/forums/topic/165-werewolf-mansionwolf-2-duality-signupsgraveyard-formerly-the-mansion-next-door/#comment-11197

And, yes, I would say your writing definitely is something I would call over-the-top. You have an exuberance and excitement to your own characterization that fits with this style of writing. 

The reason for my vote (singular, no one else has voted for him) on Blac is because he was already a weak suspect before, with the addition of 1. an "I wouldn't write it this way" which fits with someone who intentionally wrote it another way hoping we would notice the assumed difference and trying to reinforce the difference, and 2. he immediately went to writing more of the same sort of thing that was in the kill post. I've never been good at reading Blac, but he's definitely exhibiting an overeager defense, which moves him from weak suspicion to strong suspicion in my book.

3 hours ago, Celairiel said:

And while I lost the quote on accident, the phrase about "weee" referring to a group, I think it means "we" as in "us."

Oh good grief...

Inu, from what I know, has time, and this style does make sense for him. The narration style struck me immediately as reading like his plots. Especially how he set it up like a show. Very Inu-like. That said, it's so on the nose that it could be a good attempt to mimic him.

It can be safely assumed any game I'm writing for that I will make time to do my writing. It's what we agreed to when we signed up for this game. I certainly can't claim it doesn't resemble my MC style either.

I know I didn't write it, though, so my vote is still going to Blac rather than to me. :P

So, going to go ahead and vote: blac

In accordance with my above posts. But tldr is he seems far too concerned with distancing himself from the killings and accusing others without reason instead of actually adding anything helpful to the conversation.

Writing styles can easily be faked/mimicked but evil tells are still evil tells.

Well, I'm not certain about Inu, but I find him more likely evil than blac. I thought blacs post about what he would have done was more playful commentary about the narration. He said that before anyone had actually voted for him, so it didn't come across as defensive to me. 

vote: Inu

I also don't want blac to be the only one with 2 votes

(also, just a heads up- I'm moving on Saturday, so will most likely not be around very much. I'll make sure I get a vote in before the deadline though)

Edited by mccraabi

@Trajectory I sure do love my exclamation marks!!.... Oops

I'm not great with posting styles and what certain players would or would not write, but having read through everything, I'm inclined to think that it's not Cel, Blac, or Zilary. Just vibes I'm getting from them.

So it's: Inu, Sinical, Mccraabi, Lion or Traj I'm leaning towards.

Sinical is perhaps least likely of those for me. He's pushing hard for an execution on blac and I don't think he would do this Day 1 if evil in this set up.

Now we havn't heard from Red or Rex so they are two others to consider. Not saying much seems to be a decent ploy today as not a single finger has been pointed at either of those two. And not much directed at myself either (this is my first post).

However, I'm going to....

Vote: Inu

Tie up the votes and put pressure on him. See how this developes.

Edit: Just saw McCrabbi's vote. I guess this means there's more pressure on him now 😎.

Edited by thezodiac

Can I just point out that Inu is not an idiot. If the writing style is so obviously like him that there is almost unanimous agreement on it being him...then it's quite probably not actually him. I mean, maybe I'm hugely overthinking things here, but hiding a writing style for one post is pretty easy.

At this point I can understand executing him for information/safeness is not a bad tactic...but I'm really not expecting the killer to actually be him.

Sinical is totes the helper. I think it washould a bad move for the two of them to flip so aggressively early on.

Innocent deaths literally don't matter at all in this set-up, I'm 100% okay with a vote on myself and it would guarantee a vote on Inu the next day anyways.

I really think the scene was pretty tame, to go so far as to say it was horrifying or disgusting sounds a bit much like biased pride of work to me.

I really don't need to respond to Sinical's comments but whatever. I think Inu is evil, I voted with conviction. Inu and Sinical spent 24 hours throwing suspicion at pretty much everyone without actually doing anything until I voted Inu. "Well this kinda seems like xyz but also insert vague reason could totally be qrs. What do you guys think? I'll totally go on whatever target I think is easy to jump on." An innocent death isn'the negative really and the only reason I'd think Sinical would attack so hard (again without voting) is to defend Inu, who's death actually matters.

I'm glad others support me, but you really don't have to worry about it if it's a hard decision for you. Just execute the other target the next day.

25 minutes ago, Blacjak said:

Inu and Sinical spent 24 hours throwing suspicion at pretty much everyone without actually doing anything until I voted Inu. "

Oh yes, that extensive list of people I threw suspicion at before your post. Would you mind telling me who those people are? Because there has only been a single person I've been suspicious of this entire game, and that was after your second post.

And 24 hours throwing suspicion? Hyperbole much? You were the third person to post. Inu had made a single post before yours.

and the only reason I'd think Sinical would attack so hard (again without voting) is to defend Inu

You are joking right? I think you're blatantly evil, what am I supposed to do? Just sit there twiddling my thumbs?

Here's a summary of day one for me.

I see one person has bothered to post when I'm on. Twelve hours go by before anybody else (blacjak) bothers to show up, who votes the only person that had contributed anything and gave literally zero reasoning for their vote. (In your above post you gave enough reasoning to justify your vote in 20 words. Why the hell did it take this long for you to say it? It's not like you needed to write an essay.)

Then when I have the audacity to ask for an explanation for your vote...you reply again without any explanation for your vote, distance yourself from the writing and accuse me of being evil.

I'm just absolutely shocked that nobody else is seeing this. Blac is the most suspect of any player I've ever seen in any werewolf game. If he is actually innocent I will outright quit playing.

Anyway. I'm off for today. Please don't ###### it up.

Edited by Sinical

I don't think sinical would be so obvious if he were the helper and Inu was evil. At most one of them is a baddie. 

There's no way he would risk defending someone who's evil if he is ALSO evil... lol