weee5067

SISK #3 - Game & Sign-ups

Sorry for delayed post. I intended to post yesterday, and again earlier today, but stuff happened.

Regarding the writing style, I do think the post was most likely to have been made by Inu or Traj (I thought of Inu and then Traj while reading it). Blacjak is certainly capable of writing as such, but I don't necessarily think he would. On the other hand, I'm almost positive that Zodiac did not write this, and I find it kinda weird that Inu mentioned him at all in his analysis. I'm concerned about those whose writing styles I don't know much about (Mccraabi, Lion, Zilary), as they could potentially attempt to implicate someone else. Also, I wonder at the lack of suspicion on Traj. I know Inu was trying to lead people in that direction, but he definitely seems the most likely (besies Inu) to have written it.

Also, the more I think about it, the less likely I think blacjak was to have actually written that kill scene. I acknowledge that his immediate reaction was suspect, but there's a lot of small details that don't add up to me in the writing.

For now, I think I'm voting Inu (the only reasonable argument against is framing, and I think a lot of blacjak's suspect behavior is personality). I'll try to check in periodically, but I will be at work.

Vote: Inu

I'm torn between Blacjak and Inu. I feel Inu is suspect due to the quickness of his first post and the style of the writing. Blacjak is due to his subsequent posts on thread. Eenie, meenie, miney...

Vote: Blacjak

Sorry. Will likely vote Inu tomorrow.

As for my writing style, you can look at the last SISK game (on mobile so don't feel like going through the hassle of linking).

4 hours ago, Rexozord said:

On the other hand, I'm almost positive that Zodiac did not write this, and I find it kinda weird that Inu mentioned him at all in his analysis. 

You mean where I said pretty much the same thing you just did about him? Yeah, totally weird that anyone would do that. :P 

7 hours ago, thezodiac said:

Edit: Just saw McCrabbi's vote. I guess this means there's more pressure on him now 😎.

Pressure to do what? I can still post and analyze after death, which is the "power" of the innocents in SISK. Unless you're evil, or it's down to the wire, there is literally no incentive to defend yourself this game as it just muddies the water and wastes energy better spent analyzing others.

Anyway, make sure to take out Blac tomorrow. Don't let his helper come up with some distraction or excuse to go for someone else instead.

EDIT: @Zilary I linked to it on the first page at the bottom in my first analytical post.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Day 1 Final Tally

Inu: 4 (Blacjak, mccraabi, thezodiac, Rex)

Blacjak: 3 (Sinical, Inu, Zilary)

As night falls, a group of townsfolk slowly surround Inu. First they nudge, then prod, then drag a protesting Inu to a large cauldron of boiling water.

"You deserve a taste of your own medicine."

But was Inu the killer?

(Spoiler alert: there's a kill right under this.)

Night 1

welcome back to killers 101 ways to use a Human body! today Everyones going to Learn the advanced techniques of Procrastination. for Today were going to use a lion! not your regular african However, it's Everyones favourite lion wiggles. now be Very careful when Obtaining your own, anything called a lion Is probably something you want to be Cautious around.

Everyone knows that a lion needs food and drink to Survive, but sometimes that just seems like a Whole lot Of effort, dont you agree? So heres the Number one way of Treating this issue.

Step 1: lock your lion in a cold dark room. if they have no light or warmth, They are less likely to complain as theyll be sleeping instead.

step 2: decide On when youre going to feed him.

step 3: ignore the above decision and decide youll leave it to tomorrow instead.

step 4: repeat step 3 until the lion stops needing food.

as you can Probably tell, this is a long process that i can't really show over the course of one episode, so heres the remains of one i prepared beforehand. Hes been locked up without food for a few weeks now so should be well and truly dead. notice how he didnt show up at all before Execution. to make certain that its dea-erm i mean no Longer needs food, its best to Poke it with a stick like so.

as you can tell from the lack of Movement it..oh no, its still alive. well, it appears that we are changing Episodes. instead of the regularly scheduled programming, we will use lion as a poison taster. yayyyy. 

for this, take out your jar of cyanide, cover the weeee casserole with said cyanide and then serve it to the lion. Hell be so hungry after not Eating for so Long that he wont even question the weird flavour the cyanide Provides. cyanide is very potent, so not Much is required, but we'll use a ton anyway just to make sure. look as he writhes on the ground in pain, its a sure sign that our poison was actually poison! 

its very important to make sure that your poison actually works. how silly will you feel if youre trying to secretly poison somebody but you end up using your jar of Epazote instead of cyanide. anyway, it appears that while i was talking, lion has finally stopped squirming around on the floor and He is now finally dead. phew. another Excellent use of a body!

tune in tomorrow when well be making Lots of Projects, the biggest of all being the xylobone. i bet you cant wait, i know can't.

Victim: lion wiggles

for those trying to figure out the capitalization stuff

"HELP THE VOICES WOSNT STOP HELP ME HELP ME HELP"

I assume the capitalization of the S in 

6 minutes ago, weee5067 said:

So heres the Number one way of Treating this issue.

was unintentional start of sentence capitalization. unless the killer thinks "wosnt" is a good replacement for wont

EDIT:

also, no idea bout the punctuation inconsistencies. I don't know if that has any significance, though I doubt it.

Edited by mccraabi

3 hours ago, weee5067 said:

certain that its dea-erm i mean no Longer

Firstly, I think this is literally the only important thing in the kill. More on this later.

"Flavour", and "Favourite" were also used. Now while this could be a purposeful red-herring, if this was written by someone who played the first game it could be reverse-psychology and actually someone Brittish. Specifically Sinical. It could also just be an actual slip due to the focus on the rest of the kill. So this will just be ignored due to ambiguity.

This kill was much better and a lot of effort went into it. Bravo.

Now logically I should be executed today, assuming anyone cares and also actually thinks it was a me or Inu scenario. I don't care. But check out what I found, it's actually quite fascinating:

I used the same method as the last SISK game and searched for an unusual writing habit. I discovered, after reading through thousands of posts, that there is only one player living in this game now that has ever used erm in any variation on Sparkbomb.

Sinical- 7/561 posts in the past year

Cel- 0/633 posts in the past year

Blacjak- 0/498 posts in the past year

mccraabi- 0/106 posts all posts

Red- 0/266 posts all posts

Traj- 0/792 posts all posts

Rex- 0/592 posts all posts

Zil- 0/321 posts all posts

Zodiac- 0/244 posts all posts

I also learned that words containing erm are also uncommon and that "term" is the most popular, with "nevermind" being second, and some players heavily favoring the use of "furthermore" over the other two. Also Zil said "watermelon" once. The more you know.

So in conclusion: Sinical is the only member who has used the phrase "erm" on Sparkbomb. Despite not having many instances, they are less frequent the further you get from the present. This leads me to believe he only semi-recently started using "erm".

Cough, furthermore, cough, I also searched ".." Mainly because after I noticed this quote I remembered that I saw it used frequently in Sinical's posts while browsing, and I wanted more evidence.

3 hours ago, weee5067 said:

from the lack of Movement it..oh no,

As opposed to a three dot ellipsis which is more frequently used in writing. "..." I also recorded instances of four dots. "...."  screwed up the three dots, wasn't accounting for some ellipsis stuff, but the two dot specific info is still valid. Was getting real sick of counting the three dots anyways.

I kinda figured this one would be a pain because of how Zodiac writes. I was right. Use less ellipsis man... Zilary also uses a TON of them. Both of them use ellipsis in a majority of their posts.

Milestones:

Zilary used zero two dot ellipsis, 5 four dot, and 1 six dot.

Zodiac: ..13, ....11

Rex: Only seemed to use regular three dots

Traj: Used one four dot in his most recent 250 posts, otherwise, all threes.

Blacjak: Only used three dots in most recent 250 posts... except this post of course.

Cel: ..1, ....12 in most recent 250 posts.

Red: ..2, ....2 in all 266 of his posts. I also saw one two dot from Sinical, and one five dot from Cel in different status updates he posted.

mccraabi: lol I did not expect these. In her 106 posts, she used two dots three times, four dots once, five dots twice, fourteen dots once, and ". . ...." once

In his first 75 posts, Sinical used two dots an equal number of times as Zodiac did in all 244 of them: 13

In his first 150 posts, Sinical used four dots an equal number of times as Zodiac did in 244: 11

In his first 225 posts, Sinical curiously almost equals his number of two and four dot usage: ..17, ....16 I find this very odd, current data seems to suggest the two dot usage is also a semi-newly acquired taste as instance per post is much higher in more recent posts.

Around the beginning of February going further into the past, Sinical's usage of four dots over two was far more common. ..21 ....27 This supports the trend noticed 200 posts earlier. I'll just stop here rather than going the whole year. Who knew counting dots was such a pain?

I'm so tired.

Extrapolate however you wish. I'm going with the erm sayer.

Vote: Sinical

edit: oh this is also confirmation bias for how I thought it was odd that Sinical cared so much about me having a reason for my suspicion, which I interpreted as him wanting to know what should be changed, which the kill then did with punctuation and capitalization after they were mentioned, although it no longer mattered.

edit2: was about to sleep, but logged back in to say the killer's name should be Ermllipsis... which would make Zilary Parenthesius or the Parenthetical Killer. I guess mine would be the Stupid Lazy Killer XD I've since reformed. Those last two were in reference to the other SISK games btw.

edit3: Oh actually, I like the Poetic Pouter better. I was so salty about Cel finding my original work XD

Edited by Blacjak

5 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

You mean where I said pretty much the same thing you just did about him? Yeah, totally weird that anyone would do that. :P 

I guess I conflated you and Traj, which is extra bad since you two were my highest suspects. Whoops.

Blacjak's analysis of the new kill is fascinating. It must be either 1) correct, 2) canned, or 3) extremely coincidental/brilliant to the point that I would consider it nearly impossible. If it is canned, I'm not sure why blacjak would use it so early on. I guess he might be thinking it's his last shot to use it, or alternately he's the helper, not the killer, and coordinated it privately. I don't really even want to consider the third possibility as a real option. So at this point I think it reduces to a simple execute Sinical then blacjak. My only hesitation is the use of rather obvious British spellings after Sinical mentioned that tenderize is an American spelling.

For the record on the ellipse thing, I do use four dot ellipses, but only in the archaic/correct manner (when the statement that trails off is the end of a sentence). It's plausible that I haven't used it in such a way since the SB reboot.

Vote: Sinical

I use ellipses a lot, because I just like them... It's my style 😎. And you guys should note that I'm Irish and we spell words exactly the same here as in Britain. Namely, we don't drop the letter "U" from certain words like you do in the States... "colour", "flavour" etc..

However, "erm" is distinctly British.

But based solely on the ellipses findings then I'm just as likely a candidate as Sinical. So the only real incentive to vote Sinical over me is the "erm" find.

But I think all of this is a red herring. Blacjak is probably the best option for a vote today because I'm just getting the feeling that his lengthy analysis was canned as Rex suggested. (Or I'm totally wrong and it's genius and it has exposed Sinical 😄).

McCraabi would be my second choice. It's just a vibe I'm getting from him which I have to say I'm not getting from Sinical at all...

Vote: blacjak

What I know for sure is that Sinical is definitely not on a team with blac. And Zilary or Mcraabi are not likely to be either based on blac's finger pointing as a result of his ellipses findings.

Interesting how it looked so much like an interpretation of my writing yesterday, and now is seeded with Sinical's writing habits today. Was it seeded with Sinical's writing habits yesterday, or did that start suddenly today?

I'd already pointed out that the killer was using American spellings, and then the killer decides to conveniently using English spelling the very kill after...

And of course it's blac trying to frame me Rex, he's guaranteed to die today, so he spent all day yesterday looking up my writing habits and emulated some of them. None of them were present in the first kill?

And of course blac was on hand to quickly and conveniently do all that analysis at the start of the day to point out his wonderful findings.

vote: blac

Edit: I'd also like to point out that the kill specifically mentions Lion not getting on before execution. Execution for me is at 6am. I had gone to sleep about five hours before that. There's no way I'd have known for sure that he wouldn't get on after I left, if I included that and he did show up, you could narrow down the killer to the few people that weren't online. 

This heavily implies that the killer was on near the end of the day.

Edit 2: The framer ######ed up. 

They englishified the obvious words by adding u's. However, did you know that "ton" is actually spelt "tonne" here? Whoever the killer is sure didn't. In an attempt to make it look like I wrote it, they missed a core, lesser known detail which shows that an American was actually the true writer. 

Edited by Sinical

Actually I spent 3 hours when I got home reading through thousands of posts when I noticed the use of erm. You can't hide stuff like that very easily, considering no one would think about something they think is that natural to them and aren't aware of its atypical nature.

Occam's Razor, is vote Sinical. I don't care if I die though. Like Rex said, it really doesn't matter.

Also no Zodiac, Sinical had more uses of two dot ellipses in a fraction of a number of posts than you which is discussed in my post. In conjunction with being the only member to use erm, it is extremely likely to be Sinical over you and I think you're just ignoring my argument to try to side with Sinical.

I last used erm in the nuzlocke run thread, two pages back into my post history. How hard do you think it is to read two pages of my post history, see something nobody else says and plant it into the story.

Along with the botched obvious job of attempting to use english spelling and I'm pretty sure that it is in fact, obviously framing.

And blac, how many times are you going to say innocents dying doesn't matter? One or two wrong executions is obviously fine, but to be so lackadaisical about this is mind boggling. We potentially lose after four executions.

Ton over Tonne, was also something discussed in the first game, which was one of my earlier points about it being ridiculous to try to use it as evidence and doesn't change the data I gathered which is far more incriminating.

4 hours ago, thezodiac said:

McCraabi would be my second choice. It's just a vibe I'm getting from him which I have to say I'm not getting from Sinical at all...

4 hours ago, thezodiac said:

And Zilary or Mcraabi are not likely to be [on blacjak's team] based on blac's finger pointing as a result of his ellipses findings.

These are both your extrapolations in the same post, and are ridiculous. Also they are female. Now I know its possible mccraabi and mcraabi could be different players and playing this game, but they are not so I assume both are referring to mccraabi.

It's definitely most likely a Sinical or me scenario. You're saying that it's a me or mccraabi scenario which is absurd.

edit: after some research on whatever the hell epazote is, I think it's an attempt to frame Rox as I could see no correlation with anyone else. It's apparently used to season central american foods and is called devil's dung in other countries.

edit2: Also Tonne has never been said on Sparkbomb excluding Sinical's most recent post, so I'm assuming everyone uses ton.

edit3: More research reveals "tonne" is only used by Brittish, Canadian, and Australians when referring to measurement (the metric ton), and use "ton" or "tons" in contexts unrelated to measurement.

Edited by Blacjak

I mean, I know you don't intend it that way but it's incredibly obnoxious to try and claim how other countries use a word, especially when you're wrong. 

I'm claiming that based on my research into the subject, the case is true. I personally have no experience on the matter which is why I looked into it due to curiosity.

3 hours ago, Blacjak said:

Ton over Tonne, was also something discussed in the first game, which was one of my earlier points about it being ridiculous to try to use it as evidence and doesn't change the data I gathered which is far more incriminating.

These are both your extrapolations in the same post, and are ridiculous. Also they are female. Now I know its possible mccraabi and mcraabi could be different players and playing this game, but they are not so I assume both are referring to mccraabi.

It's definitely most likely a Sinical or me scenario. You're saying that it's a me or mccraabi scenario which is absurd.

edit: after some research on whatever the hell epazote is, I think it's an attempt to frame Rox as I could see no correlation with anyone else. It's apparently used to season central american foods and is called devil's dung in other countries.

edit2: Also Tonne has never been said on Sparkbomb excluding Sinical's most recent post, so I'm assuming everyone uses ton.

edit3: More research reveals "tonne" is only used by Brittish, Canadian, and Australians when referring to measurement (the metric ton), and use "ton" or "tons" in contexts unrelated to measurement.

First off, regarding the whole mccraabi spelling mistake I posted - Don't be a smartass. Nobody likes a smart ######.

I apologise for the use of his as opposed to her... Sorry Raabi.

Secondly - Who said it was strictly a Sinical or you situation?? I don't see it that way. I don't think it's Sinical and think it may be you, but if you turn out to be innocent, I'm looking for alternatives and offered Mcraabi as she tends to speak a bit more than she has been doing... It's just a vibe. 

I'm keeping my vote on you and not changing after that snide, obnoxious post from you. 

It's almost certainly you at this point anyway.

16 minutes ago, thezodiac said:

Secondly - Who said it was strictly a Sinical or you situation?? I don't see it that way. I don't think it's Sinical and think it may be you, but if you turn out to be innocent, I'm looking for alternatives and offered Mcraabi as she tends to speak a bit more than she has been doing... It's just a vibe. 

I said that it has to be blacjak or Sinical. I think both blacjak and Sinical agree with me on this too. Either the analysis is canned or it's true. I feel the third possibility is too unlikely to be the case.

I pretty much think so, although as Rex said it would be with blac most likely being the helper. Which...you know, isn't ideal but a lot better than hitting an innocent.

I'm pretty sure the argument regarding British vs American spellings in SISK 1 was me imitating Sinical, not actually about Sinical. Which basically illustrates the point that it is a perfectly likely thing for any player from any version of English to try to fake. While I'm enjoying learning about the many words I didn't know had variations, I don't think it's a productive line of inquiry. 

The internal message was ignored as a point of analysis. Which players in the past have used that technique? Star and Inu come to mind. Neither of them are alive, but which of the alive players has used that. Yes, I know it's not a super unusual cypher, but I'm pretty sure most of us aren't inclined to include hidden messages in posts. 

Regarding Sinical vs Blac, I think Blac is the right target for today, with Sinical for tomorrow. In part because of what Inu said above about us needing to follow through on our plan from yesterday. But more from behavior analysis. No matter how interesting and entertaining his analytic break down of ellipses was, Blac would be perfectly likely to analyze that deeply no matter if he's evil or innocent. Sinical on the other hand wouldn't pick a fight this early if evil. Not saying he uses a lie-low technique, but he typically spends the first day or two feeling the mood, from what I've noticed. Day 3 is when he starts making waves. While SISK is different enough that my read could be skewed, I think the combination is sufficient to make a vote on Blac the more logical choice. It's fairly close in my mind, so I will continue reading arguments, but logic balances out to say Blac is the better target tonight.

Vote: Blac

ETA:

I forgot I also wanted to suggest a method the killer may be employing. After Inu's comment about making time, I thought about how would make time if I were the killer. And I realized that if I wanted to do something extravagant should I be chosen, I would start writing during sign-ups. Just in case I got chosen, so I would have a couple of kill scenes prepped. That way I wouldn't do a rushed job on one and give myself away because of not editing. 

Edited by Celairiel
Totally forgot a point!

I do find Blac's analysis interesting. He didn't pull the post-analysis out until towards the end last game and dubbed me the Parenthetical Killer. :lol: I see it more as a "Hail Mary" trying to defend himself, which is fine and understandable. Really, I don't feel all that strongly about either Blac or Sinical, but I do agree that the killer could be mimicking spellings and our writing nuances it to throw us off. I feel slightly stronger towards Blac, but will vote Sinical tomorrow.

I'm sorry for not being here for the first two days of the game. I've just read through all the posts.

The issue of Blac vs. Sinical is interesting, if only because they might both be innocent.

The killer can be framing Sinical and still not be Blac. But I don't have any clue of who.