Trajectory

Werewolf: Sparkbombers Field Trip I

43 posts in this topic

Hey y'all, Traj here. This game is going to be the first in what I hope to be a series of werewolf games where the premise is that the Sparkbombers are going on a bit of a field trip. Shenanigans happen, of course, and the best way we know how to deal with them is, what else - turn them into a game of werewolf! The game itself will be fairly plot-heavy.

Tentative DL will be 1:00 am CST (I work late.) If this doesn't work for some of you, it can probably be negotiated. I'll probably close signups on Monday, August 22nd, whenever I get home from work, unless there's an issue with how many people have signed up.

I'll put an opening plot in this post sometime later today or tomorrow. For now, I want to get signups open. Inu PMed me his pre-signup in anticipation of being away this weekend, so that's why he's #1.

1. InuyashaOhki

2. Red

3. mccraabi

4. weee5067

5. Rexozord

6. Sinical

7. Blacjak

8. Zilary

9. lion wiggles

10. thezodiac

Edited by Trajectory

I'll play. Work has been killing me with hours lately. I approve of the later deadline.

I was really hoping for 13 or 14 people - I'm going to leave signups open through Monday and see what happens. I may end up preparing a different game to fit the smaller number of people and save the Field Trip game for a later date. In the meantime, try and grab people if you can! :)

We share some common traits, I suppose. Put me down or you'll find out something we don't share. <_<

Alrighty, guys, I've got ten people to work with! I'm gonna go ahead and close signups here and start the game sometime tomorrow! Rest well...

Suffice it to say, my "theories" were mocking your theory, Zodiac. As you've now seen, all your theories that hinged on there being teams were wrong, and as I pointed out before, you had all the info you needed to know they were wrong already.

Now, about those other theories I posted. Look them over in the light of what just happened. I died without a team, so they weren't protecting a teammate. That means they probably had another purpose. 

Well:

Whoever day killed me and mCraabi is probably Zilary. Because that made the execution vote a tie between him and Blacjac.

Until wee voted for Zilary.  So I think we are still right about Zilary being the evil guy. 

"Highlights" (eh, it's a relative term) of the game:

- Red using his one daykill Day 1 on Sinical, taking out his protection and ensuring his execution

- thezodiac dreaming Inu Night 1, ensuring his execution for the next two days

- Rex swapping Zilary into Inu's nightkill (the only nightkill of the game, natch)

- The combination of these three events removing all nightkills from the game without anyone ever dying at night

- Blacjak having the worst luck with marks; everyone he marked died or was daykilled by Zilary yesterday; he only had a mark on Rex at the end of the game

- Also, Blacjak was never targeted throughout the game... rendering his protective ability null and void

I'm gonna buck the trend and refer to everyone as female to balance things out.

First: Huge high-five to zodiac. I'm astonished neither of us got killed, but I think that means we did something right.

Second: The baddies in this game collectively had a pretty incredible run of bad luck. I don't think Red's decision to use her daykill Day 1 was the wisest (although apparently she had almost a 50% chance to hit a baddie), but it's hard to argue with results?

And I just happened to Watch Inu Night 1, which led me to discover that zodiac was the Dreamer, which let us work together (important, considering zodiac got a Night 1 hit and so didn't have a cleared innocent to talk to).

While we were lynching Inu, my Watch results suggested that either Rex or Blac had been swapping Zilary's and Red's names on lists. I contacted them both, Blac denied it, Rex 'fessed up. This matters later!

Zilary surviving the nightkill made us suspicious of her (more bad luck), but zodiac's Dream got redirected to Red (the one thing that went in a baddie's favor).

Instead of burning a dream on Zilary the next Night, zodiac decided to clear Rex (didn't change Zilary's fate, but Blac might have lasted slightly longer otherwise).

The final Day, Blac tried to claim that she'd been swapping names on lists. I was on the fence between her and lion - but since Blac originally denied having that ability, and since Rex claimed it, I took it as proof that she was evil.

In summary: pretty much everything that could have gone in our favor, did. Sorry Traj, it was a cool game setup.

thelilbear and mccraabi like this

12 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

Did I miss the memo where we call everyone male regardless of gender now?

Apparently judging from wees above post, you missed the memo where everyone is called by the wrong gender.

I don't think Red's decision to use her daykill Day 1 was the wisest 

The better part was that his decision to use it was based on "I don't think Inu is evil so I have good odds."....then Inu turned out to be evil anyway.

#stillbitter

InuyashaOhki likes this

Good game all.

Yeah the innocents got incredible luck this game. I don't think we would have won without those Day 1 and Night 1 events.

Red using a correct day kill on day 1 and both myself and Wee targeting Inu Night 1 was the game changer. I just went with my gut that Wee was innocent and fessed up to her that I was a dreamer.

My accusation that Inu and Red were a team was a red herring, designed to analyse the reactions of Red and Inu and anyone who may have attempted to defend Inu (I was working on the assumption that there was a team left after Sinical died an OMT). This is why it was not revealed on thread that there was a dreamer hit on Inu. Later I told Red about the hit and he immediately referenced it on the game thread.

I find it astonishing that neither myself or Wee were targeted for a kill or by the Pyro and also that not a single innocent was put up for execution!

@InuyashaOhki... My votes this game were: Sinical, Inu, Zilary, blacjak.... Guess what that means? I was 100% correct this game 😄

I rather enjoyed the plots. It was neat seeing someone else's take on what's possible within the Mansion's Werewolf Forum.

Tough break on events, Traj. But as they say, "Yu-Gi-Oh~!" I mean, uh, "Werewolf~!"

@weee5067  After Red discounted Inu, he had a 3 in 8 or 42% chance of hitting a villain with the day kill. Decent odds I guess even after excluding a villain. Also, I was his second choice. Had he killed me, innocents would have been toast.

Edited by thezodiac

I think Red's move was better than it's being given credit for. It's not a solid move that will work every time, but in a game this size it was fairly certain people would die early, so playing a hunch and using the daykill early was positive disruption. This is a game of complex social interaction, so an unusual strategic play has it's place. Coincidentally, had Rex not swapped names around, Red was going to die that night anyway, so it would have been his only chance.

Not knowing my attack had been swapped confused me for a while. I knew logically it had to have gone to Zilary since she claimed the only attack (why she claimed after Sinical showed that to be a suspicious thing to survive, I don't know), but the lack of message that night while I got what looked like my list scrambled the next night was disturbing until Weee said others had similar results.

My playstyle is, as Rex pointed out, to be helpful. Period. It gives me consistency so that hopefully it's hard to get a vibe on me. This was a good game for that because there were at least 2, and possibly 3 other OMT's. I realized that from the start because nobody here ever makes the Wolves the small team. (Someone will now that I've said it, but anyway...) That meant I could play innocent while legitimately hunting the other teams. Sinical was solely taken out by Red, so that left what I thought was Red and Zilary, with Blac as the alternate to Red. I guessed right that Zilary had limited daykills, and I'm assuming Sinical had even day nightkills. I figured Red had the same limited daykills and was pretending to only have 1, because I wasn't privy to the fact we had a dreamer. Someone forgot to tell Traj that full-fledged dreamers are passe. :P I still find it odd that Red didn't have more power. One daykill in a 10 player game is more powerful than the same in a 15 player game, but still not as powerful as a full role. Blac was not playing like Blac, so I figured he had a role he wasn't sure how to play. If I had a free hand, he'd have been on my list because it was either a powerful innocent or another OMT.

The alternating day thing normally works, but it's normally tied to innocents also having alternating day powers. I know you were trying to control how fast the game depopulated, but it made a situation where the OMT's were almost certain to take each other out and leave the kill rate too slow for the power level of the innocents. Of course, it didn't matter with Red's play setting up the dominoes in this game. Red or Zilary was going to die if I lived (depending on Rex's night 3 choice), and I was going to push for execution on the other. Zilary was my preference to go after in public since she was a sure bet, but the redirects gave me pause trying to nightkill Red. Zilary's final daykill strategy could have taken me out the same way Sinical was, but even if not, Weee would have enough pieces with Zilary's roleclaim and death to suspect me.