Trajectory

WW: Sparkbomb Nostalgia

Traj circled the room, making sure each place at the round table had a placard with a name on it, a folder with role information inside it, and a glass of water (he figured everyone'd be thirsty.) He then walked over to the door to the Werewolf Games forum and opened it, poking his head outside to regard the ten people waiting impatiently in line.

"Okay, guys, I'm ready. Sorry for the short notice, I'd expected more people, so I had to scramble a bit. Everything should be in order, though."

He stepped back, allowing everyone to enter. Quickly everyone found their assigned seats. Traj took his own seat in the MC's Chair, with the control panels active.

"Alright, guys,  you ought to know how this works by now. Screens for private messaging should slide out from the table into your laps; anything can be said here at the table in public as well, and your voting buttons should be on the right arm of your chair. I've preprogrammed them in with the names of everyone who's playing, so just press the button for the name of the person you want to vote - the "1" button is Inu, the "2" is Red, et cetera. Role abilities are used by sending a message to me with a list of three people, basic standard stuff. Any questions before we start?"

Traj didn't see any hands - it looked as though everyone was fairly impatient to just start already. He shrugged.

"If you do have any questions, feel free to message me about it. Alright, I'm starting the game now. DL for Day 1 is going to be..." He checked his watch. "...looks like 1:00 AM CST on 8/25/16, so this coming Thursday morning. I know that's only technically 23 hours, so if you guys want me to lengthen the Day by 24 more hours, just let me know throughout the course of the day and I'll do so. I think that's everything... Yeah, that looks like it. Alright, guys, have fun!"

1. InuyashaOhki - Executed Day 3 - Werewolf

2. Red - Shot Day 4 - Vigilante

3. mccraabi - Stabbed Day 4 - Doubler

4. weee5067

5. Rexozord

6. Sinical - Executed Day 1 - Phoenix

7. Blacjak

8. Zilary - Executed Day 4 - Spectre

9. lion wiggles

10. thezodiac

Edited by Trajectory

Presses all the buttons simultaneously

What now Traj? What now?

Also. Plurality/majority? Nobody votes allowed? Tied executions randomised between just those with most votes?

Edited by Sinical

Traj watched as Sinical managed to press all the buttons on the arm of his chair at once, overloading the system and causing a mild static shock to course through his body, fritzing his hair out in all directions.

"Best not to toy with the electronics more than necessary," Traj said mildly, lips quirking to the side in an almost-smirk. "To answer your other good questions, voting is by majority for the first day, plurality after that. You can vote for nobody if you really want to, I suppose, although that's not much fun. Tied executions will come down to a randomizer, yes."

My favorite author just got inducted into the Hall of Famous Missourians after a long process I was involved in, so I'm both giddy and exhausted right now. I hope someone else can start the day 1 speculation, but if not I'll try to pop on later and try to make heads or tails of the clues we have so far.

At this point I don't expect clues to the identity of the villains. First day useful speculation is on the structure of the game. For example, figuring out if there are likely to be 5 villains on 2 teams, or that one villain team is likely to be made up of aggravated geese.

With the size of the game and the pretty conventional role setup I have, 3 villains seems likely unless there is some weird mechanic that others have. I don't have any role clues to the type of villains, but being set in Sparkbomb nostalgia implies it might be something from the past...that I'm hoping someone will explain since the last Rift game is the majority of my exposure to that.

As for the buttons, I can't blame him for wanting to press shiny new buttons in front of him. *Presses the 6th button a bunch of times.* Buttons must be pressed.

The game had only been gong for a little while, but Traj had already had to send Sparkbot for refreshments once. He glanced around the room - conversation was slow, but that was only to be expected on Day 1, unfortunately. 

Then his personal communicator vibrated, and Traj opened the message. Eyes scanning the contents, his brow furrowed for a moment and he reached for a preprogrammed button on the arm of his chair. 

BANG.

The realistic sound of a gunshot filled the air, causing several people to jump. Blacjak fell out of his chair with a squawk, and Weee very nearly overset her glass of water as she spun around in her chair, eyes wide. 

Traj waited for everyone to get settled - then he raised an eyebrow and looked at Sinical. "Man, someone really didn't care for you trying to execute everyone, I guess," he said dryly, "'cause you just got shot. Bang."

Message delivered, Traj closed the window with the message on it and went back to YouTube. He paused in the act of putting in his earbuds as someone coughed into the silence that still reigned. Traj looked up in inquiry as Mccraabi asked hesitantly, "Well, do we get to know what he was, or...?"

Traj cocked his head to the side. "If he'd died, yeah, I'd have told you." Putting in his earbuds, he went searching for the stage version of Hamilton that he'd noticed someone had been uploading, only to frown in disappointment. It had all been taken down! Darn copyright laws. 

Well....this is awkward.

I've never been tried to be daykilled day one before. This is a first in over a decade of playing, so thank you.

Unfortunately I heir the first innocent that dies and cannot die until that point...so erm, good job.

Edited by Sinical

Red and mccraabi were both online within the past hour and might have sent that action in. Everyone else who hasn't posted also hasn't been online in the past 8 hours. (Well, I was also online within the past hour, but it wasn't me.)

I'm wondering if it was a real daykill, though. Day 1? Seems unlikely to be the best time to use it...unless it couldn't have killed anyone and was just supposed to make someone look suspicious.

After the whole last game, I'm not sure trying to make me look suspicious is a valid tactic. And regardless of that there are a ton of other targets you can force an execution on much more reliably. I think it was an actual kill attempt.

I did it.

I had a gut feeling that Inu was innocent based on the few posts so far.   I figured that makes the chance of being evil out of the remaining 8 players to be 37.5% chance or 3/8.

I felt that based on the few posts so far Sinical had a 60% chance of being evil.       

I'm disappointed you didn't die. I'm the vigi and that's the only kill I had. 

I try to be nice about things these days....but you're an idiot.

Edit to clarify: If you are going to day one vigi shoot....try waiting until multiple people have posted so you have an educated idea?

Edited by Sinical

Vote: Sinical

Yeah personal attacks make poor arguments. You could be the heir, but it's also just as likely you could be an OMT or neutral with a defensive power.

I would argue that Sinical is telling the truth, but voting for him is the best way to prove it.

He's either telling the truth and will survive execution or he's lying and he will die to execution.

If I didn't vote for Sinical here, I'd vote for Nobody since it's Day 1.   It's really a no-loss situation to vote Sinical over Nobody.

3 hours ago, weee5067 said:

Red and mccraabi were both online within the past hour and might have sent that action in.

I generally just have SparkBomb open in a tab on my desktop, even when I'm afk. I was actually in class when the kill went in! Glad red claimed it. 

If what Sinical was saying were true, does that mean he inherits his own role and thus inherits the role of whoever dies next? Or would he inherit nothing since he died first?

Regardless, vote: sinical

because he's the best suspect we have. 

Pretty sure Traj will (either soon or at execution) tell us that Sinical can't be executed. That's how "Can't die until you inherit a role" roles have worked in the past.

But sure, this is more interesting than voting Nobody.

Well, Red as a vigi definitely might do this. Red as a baddie with a daykill might do this. Then again, daykills seem pretty dangerous to hand out to baddies in a 10 player game (can effectively reduce the clock by 1, when used properly). I'm going to guess 2 or 3 baddies depending on innocent power level (a TMT and an OMT seems most balanced to me).

Sure, I'll bite on this wagon. My vote will make it majority, and I'd like to see Sinical's response.

29 minutes ago, thezodiac said:

What the hell was that day kill attempt about Red? :D... I like your style.

I want to see where this leads.

I will say that you were 2nd on my list and Wee was 3rd. Haha.

:blink:

I guess you got things going before the first night kill, so I can't criticize your getting results, Red...

Checking in. 

And... umm. I love this day. :)

Because, why not? Nothing will happen if he's telling the truth. If he isn't, we can potentially get rid of a baddie. 

I'm on the side of believing, though. 

4 hours ago, Rexozord said:

Well, Red as a vigi definitely might do this. Red as a baddie with a daykill might do this. Then again, daykills seem pretty dangerous to hand out to baddies in a 10 player game (can effectively reduce the clock by 1, when used properly). I'm going to guess 2 or 3 baddies depending on innocent power level (a TMT and an OMT seems most balanced to me).

Sure, I'll bite on this wagon. My vote will make it majority, and I'd like to see Sinical's response.

You want to see my response? I have literally said everything I possibly can on the matter. You know this.

It just looks like you're distancing yourself from the bandwagon. I would suggest people look into Rex later. Actually guess I might go ahead and

vote: rex

Edited by Sinical

1 hour ago, Sinical said:

You want to see my response? I have literally said everything I possibly can on the matter. You know this.

It just looks like you're distancing yourself from the bandwagon. I would suggest people look into Rex later. Actually guess I might go ahead and

vote: rex

Not to the shot. To the wagon. I was distancing, somewhat, because I was expecting to have to unvote you. Clearly, that's not the case. If you don't die to execution, I think we just win.