Trajectory

WW: Sparkbomb Nostalgia

Traj looked around the room from his seat. To his surprise, the group had managed to get a majority on the very first day! Not something that happened, generally.

"Well, dude, looks like they gotcha," Traj said, shrugging. Sinical slumped back in his chair. "Yeah, yeah, lucky shot," he muttered irritably, flicking his placard over from the "alive" side to the "dead" one. Across the room, Red grinned smugly.

Traj updated the player list that everyone could see on their screens. On it, Sinical's name was the first to be crossed off. "Executed Day 1 - Phoenix" quickly followed, typed in a flurry of keys as Traj saved the edit.

He then pressed another button on his armrest. The sounds of growling and snapping filled the air, as the players jumped once more, too busy congratulating themselves to have been paying attention. "So that happened. Someone was attacked, but y'all don't know who," Traj said laconically, leaning back in his chair and steepling his fingers.

"Day 2 starts... Oh yeah, and I guess I should mention 'the Phoenix has been defeated', or something to that effect. Carry on."

Edited by Trajectory

OMT down Day 1... I've never seen that before.

And I have a theory:

Red is evil. He defended Inu Day 1 so is on a team with Inu. They were hoping to get the day kill off, then a night kill (thwarted by the protector I'm assuming?). And they assumed there would have to be an OMT so if that got a kill off they could potentially be looking at a 2 v 1 v 4 situation on Day 2... Makes sense in that respect to use the day kill day 1 in a game of this size. So with that in mind:

Vote: Inu

I think that's a bit strong. Sinical was an OMT, meaning that Red could still be on a baddie team. Daykills are usually innocent abilities, but they're given to baddies somewhat regularly.

Day killing the OMT day 1 does not equal confirmed innocence.

And the reason to vote Inu over Red is that I could be wrong and Red is an innocent vigi. But if so, that does not mean that Inu is innocent. If the theory is correct then both are evil so voting Inu is the percentage play of the two.

I think Zodiacs reasoning is pretty silly, his entire justification for Inu being evil is that someone he suspects is evil defended him. He then later goes on to say he's not confident enough in his suspicion to vote for that person. Also, if Red and Inu were on a baddie team together, it would be stupid for one of them to openly claim the others innocence day 1. It is certainly something I would not do. 

I'm mostly interested in what happened to the kill last night. I don't know if that means someone actually is dead and we just don't realize it, or if the kill failed, or if we take 2 shots to kill or something like that.

Let's not dismiss Zodiac just yet. I have my own reason to be suspicious of Red, but I want to hear Zodiac's reason first. Normally I disagree with him, so the fact that we're agreeing has me wanting more info.

I'm not dismissing his theory of Red being evil, I just think the "Because red is evil, Inu is too" is not a good argument

I think Red could be evil, he took out someone who is good at analysis early on, which is something a baddie with a day kill might do. The lack of a known kill last night also made me slightly more suspicious. Perhaps the attack was weaker because they used their daykill? Not sure about that though, since what happened last night still confuses me,

I'd like to make this very clear:

The remaining baddies are going to push an agenda to execute me.

Here's why: 

1. They don't want to get executed and it provides a spotlight away from them. 

2. I'm the only person who the baddie team could possibly convince innocents to vote for with the limited knowledge we currently have in-game.

3. They don't want to waste a night kill on a known quantity. There's no reason to night kill the guy who has no power left (when you could hit a dreamer, proector, tracker, ect. ) Especially if you can get an execution to do the work for you.

I've been honest from the start about my role, my actions and my intentions. 

Until we get more information today, I'm voting for Rexozord.  I'm doing this because of his Day 1 posts that instilled the seed of doubt that I could be evil. Any time a person posts something like this, there is always an agenda, good or bad. I think it's bad. 

I don't mind changing it if we get actual intel. 

I am taking a bus ride across the state today, so I may or may not be on later. I probably will.

Vote: Rexozord

I'm going to shower now. But I'll update with my thoughts on each current living player afterwards.

EDIT:

I'm going to separate this into people who I think might be evil, who I don't know and who I think are innocent.

Innocent:

thezodiac -  If he was evil, he'd be pushing to execute me and not pushing for an Inu execution first. Because if he was evil, he'd know that Inu wasn't evil and there would be no way to prove that me and Inu are an evil team. So this to me implies he's innocent.

BlacJac -   If he was evil, he'd be pushing to execute me or at least considering it. His absolute faith in me implies to me that he's innocence. Remember, this is from MY PERSPECTIVE. Since I know I'm innocent (which you can't KNOW), I believe Blacjac is also innocent. There's no other explanation for his action from my perspective.

Red -  I know I'm innocent. 

I Don't Know:

InuyashaOhki - I gave him a 60% innocent on Day 1, but his later posts haven't given me confidence. I have no idea currently.

mccraabi - I want to believe he's innocent. But I have no confidence in that feeling.

lion wiggles - no thoughts yet.

Zilary - no thoughts

Leaning Towards Evil:

weee5067 - my instinct with Wee's posts is leaning towards evil. Like 55% chance of being evil. 

Evil:

Rexozord:  The phrasing of his day 1 posts imply an agenda to me. I believe there is a minimum 70% chance of Rexozord being evil.

EDIT #2: 

I have received information that Inu is evil.

Unvote: Rexozord

Vote: InuyashaOhki

Edited by Red

Inu got Doubled last night (affects tonight's actions), so if he is evil, we really can't afford to give him an extra Night.

Edited by weee5067

I don't really see any point arguing against "he's evil" conveniently popping up after I imply there's reason to suspect Red. I've told 2 of you my reasons, and partial role claimed to 2 of you, and told 1 I was doubled.

If I die innocent, I suspect there will be a flurry of excuses. Make sure Red follows me to the grave tomorrow.

Vote: Red

Red has contacted me, which is a very odd thing to do if you're trying to shift blame. For now, I will rescind my "kill him after me" statement.

Unvote: Red

Vote: Nobody

Questions/clarifications...is a phoenix role one that inherits the first role that dies? That's what I am reading from the posts. And we're saying Sinical is evil OMT because he said that he would acquire the first innocent role that's in the grave, right? Sinical isn't going to rise from the ashes whenever the first innocent dies...right?

Also, Red is claiming the daykill on Sinical with thezodiac being second on that list and weee being third. Bold move for a vigi to claim and reveal his list on the first day. I am leaning towards his innocence because of claiming vigi at the start paints a target on his back from the baddies, but it's not enough for me to clear him completely. I'm trusting him for now, but we will see how the nights play out.

I was told I was targeted last night.

7 minutes ago, Zilary said:

I was told I was targeted last night.

If you were the one attacked, that erodes my theory against Red further. My theory hinged on him being the target and being protected by a similar ability to what kept Sinical alive.

As for Phoenix, look at Rift's last game. It's apparently a faction in the Sparkbomb lore that was a villain team in Rift's game.

Based on post content and Red claiming to have info condemning him. Also on the logic that if he is in fact doubled, then its not advantageous to let him live if he's suspected evil.

@Zilary

Sinical was just lying. He doesn't inherit innocent roles, he was claiming the "heir" role to try to explain why he survived the vigi kill. The Phoenix Syndicate is a militaristic group in Sparkbomb lore that are commonly featured as baddie teams, they were the most popular member team back in the day as well. It is unusual that one would be by itself as an OMT.

I was moving stuff all day. Sorry I couldn't get on earlier.

Red, of course I have an agenda. My agenda is to win the game (just like everyone else). If my posts yesterday sounded weird, it's because 1) I thought there was a decent chance Sinical was evil, 2) if he was evil, his optimal move was to claim that Traj had just informed him that the heir protection would not block execution, 3) I could not be confident that he was evil, even if he made the claim, so 4) I was expecting to need to unvote, convince enough people to avoid majority, and let the investigator (dreamer/tracker) sort him out at night. Instead, he opted to not make the claim (he still would have lost, just more slowly).

Regarding today's vote, I think that the argument that Red is a baddie is nonsensical. Despite Day 1 vigi shot being a terrible idea, it's definitely something Red might do as an innocent. Further, there is almost no benefit whatsoever for a baddie to claim a Day 1 daykill.

Unfortunately, I dislike this bandwagon on Inu because Red never explicitly said what information led him to the conclusion that Inu is evil. If it was an investigation, fine, but Red has been known to make erroneous conclusions in private, then present them as if they were an investigation result. That being said, if Inu is, in fact, doubled, it might be too dangerous to risk. That being said, if Inu was a baddie, why on earth would he claim to have been doubled if he was, in fact, doubled? On the other hand, I'm reasonably confident of the innocence of three of the players on the wagon. Ugh.

Lion hasn't posted today. I'm interested to hear his position.

12 minutes ago, weee5067 said:

You, uh, might want to edit that out. I already said who I told.

And, no, it's because I thought that person was the odd day tracker or watcher and thought I was helping clear whoever did it to me. Rex is right on this one. If I'm doubled and I confirm it, all that does is increase the chances that a double kill makes me look suspicious. The villain move is to frame the one who contacted me asking questions or kill them along with whoever seems most likely they would be in contact with, then hope for the best.

Anyway, just because my vote isn't going to do anything and he's not active:

Vote: Lion