Rexozord

Werewolf: Frequency Sign-Ups

Werewolf: Frequency is a Werewolf game that will operate on two core mechanics that are slightly different from traditional Werewolf games.

The first new mechanic is frequency. Each player will have a frequency, and frequency can change as the game progresses. In this game, there will be two frequencies: red and blue. Frequency and alignment will not be related, but frequency will have a dramatic effect on how powers will function and the effects they will have (you will understand once roles have been sent out). Additionally, some powers will simply manipulate frequency, and other powers might necessarily cause someone's frequency to change in order to have its effect.

The second mechanic is directly related to execution. Firstly, voting will be what I'm calling "Regent voting", instead of standard majority or plurality execution voting. In short, each player will vote to elect a Regent for the day. The Regent will be able to choose the player (or no player) to be executed at night. Additionally, the Regent will have the choice of jailing their target (for the night phase only) instead of executing them. Players will not be allowed to vote for themselves, and voting is required. If a player goes more than one cycle without voting, they will be replaced or modkilled (if no replacement can be found).

Finally, this game requires a minimum of 12 players to run properly. If I am unable to get that number by the time sign-ups close (Tuesday), I will run a more standard Werewolf game instead. There is no fixed maximum, but at some point, if I get way more people than anticipated (>20), I may assign late comers to be replacements instead.

I have no fixed time in mind for execution, so when you sign up, feel free to lobby for a particular time. Execution will occur no later than midnight in my timezone (Central), though. I will answer questions about the game in this thread as well.

Player List (Locked):

1. Roxeon
  2. Inu
  3. Trajectory
  4. Celairiel
  5. Blacjak
  6. Mccraabi
  7. Mrlmaokun
  8. Star
  9. Weee
  10. NPM
  11. Zilary
  12. Red
  13. Zodiac

Replacements:

1. Shattered Rift
  2. Sinical (for mrlmaokun specifically)
Edited by Rexozord

First!

First replacement, that is. Provided all goes well, I'll be busy with you-know-what and everyone-else-will-know-soon.

Edit: On second thought, sign me up. When we hit 13, go ahead and drop me into replacement status.

Edited by Shattered Rift

Some other numberist!

Oh, and sign me up.

EDIT:

Time Lobbying: Later is better. I'll be in another town if this game runs long, so having more time between the conference getting out and vote results means more time catching other-city Pokemon.

Question: How do we depose a regent?

Edited by InuyashaOhki

33 minutes ago, InuyashaOhki said:

Question: How do we depose a regent?

Regents will be chosen each day. You can choose the same Regent multiple days in a row if you like, but being Regent on a particular day does not give you any advantage towards becoming Regent on the following day(s). I guess technically you could say that the Regent is automatically deposed after they've completed their duty for the day. Also, to be clear, Regents are elected on a plurality basis... whoever has the most votes at deadline becomes the Regent.

I'd join, however I wanted to wish you all good luck and all that.  I've got a big move this weekend, and next week is going to be the "Oh no what did we forget" week with the room mates haha.  

4 hours ago, Rexozord said:

Regents will be chosen each day. You can choose the same Regent multiple days in a row if you like, but being Regent on a particular day does not give you any advantage towards becoming Regent on the following day(s). I guess technically you could say that the Regent is automatically deposed after they've completed their duty for the day. Also, to be clear, Regents are elected on a plurality basis... whoever has the most votes at deadline becomes the Regent.

So, if we switch votes at the last minute and surprise someone with regency, it might be a long night. :P 

I'm in. I'm settled into my new pattern now. I vote 10 mountain time, 11 central. I won't be able to play at all if it's earlier than 9 mountain/10 central, but the extra hour would really help.

1 hour ago, mccraabi said:

I can play if we don't start until Tuesday or Wednesday. I have a bunch of friends visiting right now (including weee), so I'll be unavailable until then

The game will not start until Tuesday. Day 1 will be standard 48 hours, so first deadline will be Thursday.

9 hours ago, mrlmaokun said:

Hello everyone ! I'm new here, I was invited here by my "best friend in the world who is such a wonderful person" Sinical.

Welcome. We would try to rescue you from Sinical's evil clutches, but it's a really long flight.

You're starting next Tuesday? I think I can do that, as long as the game doesn't end up taking too much longer than a week to get through (or just kill me off before then ;P). If it does, my ability to participate will drop drastically due to having two different rehearsal schedules and a show to deal with...

As we have enough people now, with Rexs permission to do so I'd like to drop out of the game as a player and instead act as an advisor for mrlmaokun as it is his first game. (Please don't kill him night one to get rid of me, kthanks)

3 hours ago, Sinical said:

As we have enough people now, with Rexs permission to do so I'd like to drop out of the game as a player and instead act as an advisor for mrlmaokun as it is his first game. (Please don't kill him night one to get rid of me, kthanks)

This is fine, provided you don't try to exploit this position to give an unfair advantage to any team (I'm fine with you giving advice, but I don't want you soliciting information for his benefit, for example). I think this mostly goes without saying, but I've dealt with Zen long enough to know that it's worth saying. I'll also consider you a replacement for mrlmaokun, in the case that he needs to be replaced.

This is fine, provided you don't try to exploit this position to give an unfair advantage to any team (I'm fine with you giving advice, but I don't want you soliciting information for his benefit, for example).

I'm not sure I understand.

I'll basically act as if we're joint roles (although he has the final decision on everything). I won't help any unrelated teams.