Rexozord

Werewolf: Frequency Sign-Ups

77 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sinical said:

I'm not sure I understand.

I'll basically act as if we're joint roles (although he has the final decision on everything). I won't help any unrelated teams.

This is fine. My point was more to make it clear that I didn't want you (or any future person I allow to do something similar) to use the position of technically not being a player to solicit information from other players (or even other non-players) to aid their advisee.

I have locked sign-ups for further players. If anyone still would like to play, you are still welcome as a replacement. The game thread and roles will be posted/sent out over the course of the next three hours or so.

12 minutes ago, TheLastStarMaker said:

basically anyone who has played with me before ought to know that I abhor the stupid Inno-PM-Circle that happens behind the scenes in basically every game around here, regardless of my alignment. It makes a game WAY too easy for the innos and also is both difficult to balance for as well as defeating the original purpose of the Mafia game anyway. /hops off soapbox

You missed out on this year's All-Stars game, didn't you? You might enjoy giving it a read. I subverted expectations by including a high number of baddies and baddies with innocent-like powers.

TheLastStarMaker likes this

Well clearly there was some strong opposition to the Blacjak campaign.

I think people are being a little harsh on the "Can't we jail instead of execute?" supporters. For example, if someone's in the execution crosshairs and claims Dreamer, I'd hope that the Regent would choose to jail instead of execute.

(In case the reasoning's not obvious: jailing would allow people to see whether the "Dreamer" is actually the baddie spokes, and also give the "Dreamer" time to share their results and give everyone else the chance to counterclaim or investigate. It's an opportunity to neutralize a potential threat while still leaving open the possibility of never actually killing the player if their story checks out.)

That said, it's hard to strategically jail unless the people under suspicion give the Regent concrete information to work with. I think Cel did a good job of that (and I sort of think it would have been better to jail Cel in case a player with the right frequency died that night). Star doesn't seem to be, from where I'm standing (lying? Decomposing?).

Celairiel likes this

1 hour ago, Rexozord said:

He was the Blue Killer, capable of eliminating or protecting others.

Just gotta say, if you combined Vigi/Protector with Frequency as the deciding mechanic, that's pretty sick.

TheLastStarMaker likes this

RexEdit: Please do not post private information, or imply that something is correct based off of private information.

Looks like I was set up by Star and whoever else is on the team.

@Rexozord Apologies. I did post on thread that my role did one thing or another based on frequency. That coupled with what you revealed about my role at my death should have made it self explanatory to all in any case.

Edited by thezodiac

On 09/09/2016 at 11:39 PM, thezodiac said:

Okay from what I'm now understanding about frequency is that it's simply a mechanic the host is using that allows for certain interactions between players. With my role it gives me a sort of dual role... I.e when I target a player at night, one thing happens if the targeted player is of Red frequency and something else happens if Blue. I still don't know how this allows us to investigate people at night. If Wee being a red dreamer allowed her to dream for Red frequency players, I'm not sure how useful that info could be as it has nothing to do with alignment.

I can tell you that I targeted Traj last night and his frequency is almost certainly Red...

Vote: Inu

I agree with the Cel execution.

@TheLastStarMaker Yeah... I never made any mention about my role at all. 

And the two innocent disablers simply cannot be true for me... One of them is lying. If Rex has has indeed done that then it's pretty sick.

Edited by thezodiac

Meh. You right. It's a little late now, though. You can't say that NPM didn't at least give us a nice long exposé when under scrutiny, whereas you just made one little post that continued attacking me and gave us no reason to not execute you in the same post.

The main reason for that was I was away all weekend and was lucky to even get onto Sparkbomb at all... Im not one for long defences in any case. But my attack on thread of MccRaabi, although not 100% clearing me, should have been enough to at least not prioritise me...

But... If you're evil, you're doing a great job.

About time you killed that Inu.

Anyway, when we have a clear target and instead pick at random, it's pretty obvious you're on the team with the clear target, Red. Red & NPM on bandits, and either Rox or Star as OMT.

I had hoped my refusal would get votes back on Rox, but oh well.

If there's an OMT, the innocents are pretty close to losing their voting majority. Now isn't the time to hold off executing a confirmed baddie.

@InuyashaOhki Absolutely absurd vote on you. And you're absolutely right.... Red and NPM are almost certainly on a team. And if both Rox and Star turn out to be innocent, I'd be shocked. Both have claimed to be disablers and there is simply no way there can be two innocent disablers... Rox is looking more likely to me now.

But I agree with Wee, innocents are likely brown bread this game.

I haven't been paying much attention this game since my advisee decided to ignore all advice...but just reading through posting styles in the last two days, I'd put money on rox being evil at this point. (Note that this ignored any other arguments or evidence other than their tone used in posts.)

Okay so we are expected to believe that Rox and Star, who both know they are disablers, didn't bother to confer about their lists on who to disable last night and so both targeted NPM?? Hmmm...

I will say that Traj is looking particularly shady but surely one of Rox or Star are evil. I can't see what reason Rex would have for putting two innocent disablers in the game. Unless one disables those of red Frequency and the other blue.... That might be possible I guess... But I'm still betting one of them is evil... Probably Rox. 

If not, then it's Traj. I'm gone off the idea of Red as he did vote for NPM there.

13 hours ago, thezodiac said:

I can't see what reason Rex would have for putting two innocent disablers in the game. Unless one disables those of red Frequency and the other blue....

If that is the case, it would make perfect sense for Rox and Star to target the same player. No chance of accidentally doubling a nightkill.

(However, I didn't see any indication on-thread that they were collaborating, so I think your suspicion is justified.)

After seeing people struggling, I have decided to put together an elaborate flowchart that allowed me to determine that Rox is evil. The complex nature of it may be hard to follow but does provide a strong level of confidence for determining his alignment.

QyEkdZu.jpg

The one exception to this is where he is actually neutral, but even then there's a very strong chance that he is actually working for the evil team.

Shattered Rift and thezodiac like this

I'm still confused Sinical 😄

There is no OMT... There is one remaining frequency bandit... 2 would be pushing it.

Rox or Trajectory .. choose wisely.

Okay let's look at the logic of that jailing yesterday. The thought process, I imagine, must have went like this:

"Okay it's either Rox or Traj so let's jail one and disable the other... That way after night is processed we will know... Oh wait...."

Hilarious..... It should have been as obvious as hell that if Traj was last remaining villain that he would choose not to kill last night as that would be tantamount to suicide. Did you seriously think he would kill and just give himself up for execution today??

The fact Star then immediately posted that today makes me wonder how she didn't figure that yesterday.

It boggles my mind how the innocents are continuing to believe that there are two innocent disablers... Kill Rox today is my advice.

Edited by thezodiac

15 minutes ago, thezodiac said:

Okay let's look at the logic of that jailing yesterday. The thought process, I imagine, must have went like this:

"Okay it's either Rox or Traj so let's jail one and disable the other... That way after night is processed we will know... Oh wait...."

Hilarious..... It should have been as obvious as hell that if Traj was last remaining villain that he would choose not to kill last night as that would be tantamount to suicide. Did you seriously think he would kill and just give himself up for execution today??

The fact Star then immediately posted that today makes me wonder how she didn't figure that yesterday.

It boggles my mind how the innocents are continuing to believe that there are two innocent disablers... Kill Rox today is my advice.

You're missing the genius plan.

It's obviously part of operation "Force enough deathless days so that eventually the killer might forget to send in enough lists and get modkilled".

If the OMT's goal is to get everyone to the same frequency a certain number of times, it's probably someone with frequency manipulation.

(That said, I'm inclined to believe Rox is evil and just hasn't mentioned his frequency-manipulating powers.)

How could Sinical's flowchart have been wrong!?

Good job, Red. I think it's pretty crazy that a game ended with what was practically a known OMT (even with so much doubt). Props to Rex for subverting expectations by including two innocent Disablers.

At one point there, I was almost certain that Traj and Star were the two remaining Bandits. I'm a little disappointed to have been wrong about that. I'm also disappointed that there were only three Bandits.

Edited by Shattered Rift