Rexozord

Werewolf: Frequency

Frequency

Frequency is a new mechanic I am introducing with this game. It is independent of alignment and has interaction with various powers as specified in those powers. Outside of these interactions, it has no function. Starting frequency is randomized. If, at the end of any given night phase, all players are the same frequency, half of the players (randomly selected) will have their frequency inverted (if their frequency is Red, it will change to Blue and vice versa).

Execution

Deadline is at 12AM Central time (exactly one hour after the time of this post). Each day you will vote for a Regent. Players may not vote for themselves. The Regent will be the player with the most votes at deadline. The Regent will choose a Regent Action and a target. The default Regent Actions will be Regent Kill and Regent Jail. Regent Kill will execute the target. Regent Jail will disable and render untargetable the target for the following night phase (the regent cannot target themself). Regents submit their choice of Regent Action and target via PM. Players with votes are expected (but not required) to send in these choices ahead of time (although they may change them at any point up to deadline) to aid with timely night updates. Execution and night results will be processed jointly.

Inactivity

Players are required to be active for each day/night cycle. This is enforced through voting (voting is required). If you do not vote for two consecutive days you will be replaced, or if a suitable replacement cannot be found, you will be modkilled.

Powers

If powers do not specify when or how often they can be used, they are nightly powers. All powers used outside of night phase and/or are limited in their use will have that specified in the power. All powers have a set priority during night phase. A list of the order of powers is given below. Powers of each type given on the list are not guaranteed to exist. If a power does not fit into one of the types listed, or has a different priority than its type does on the list, that will be specified in the power description. If two powers have the same priority, the power that has the oldest “active list” will occur first.

Priority:

1. List Manipulation
  2. Frequency Manipulation
  3. Protection
  4. Kill
  5. Investigation
  6. Conversion
  7. Resurrection

Other Rules

All standard community Werewolf rules apply. I'd like to emphasize the rule that you not quote anything from communications with me. If you have any questions regarding rules or feel like a course of action may be questionable, please bring it to me first.

This is the Plain Innocent role PM for reference:

WW Frequency Role: Plain Innocent

Role: Plain Innocent

Alignment: Good

Win Condition: All Evil players eliminated

Starting Frequency: Red/Blue/Unknown

You are just a Plain Innocent. Sucks to be you!

Powers: NONE

Player List:

1. Roxeon
  2. Inu Regent Killed Day 5 - Frequency Setter
  3. Trajectory Regent Killed Day 8 - Frequency Attuner (Frequency Bandit)
  4. Celairiel Regent Killed Day 2 - Airwave Heir
  5. Blacjak Silenced Night 2 - Regent's Right Hand
  6. Mccraabi Regent Killed Day 3 - Frequency Tracer (Frequency Bandit)
  7. Mrlmaokun Silenced Night 4 - Frequency Whisperer
  8. Star
  9. Weee Silenced Night 1 - Red Dreamer
  10. NPM Regent Killed Day 6 - Frequency Manipulator (Frequency Bandit)
  11. Zilary
  12. Red
  13. Zodiac Regent Killed Day 4 - Blue Killer

First deadline will be on Thursday.

Edited by Rexozord

51 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

The topic's been up for an hour and no one's claimed first post? Does that mean I win? :ph34r:

No, it means you're evil. Especially with the ninja avatar.

Either that, or the thread was locked and the rest of us got bored of waiting.

32 minutes ago, InuyashaOhki said:

No, it means you're evil. Especially with the ninja avatar.

Either that, or the thread was locked and the rest of us got bored of waiting.

Mmm... nah, pretty sure I won and you're just jealous. It's okay, we can't all be me. *hairflip*

Greetings, it is I, Blacjak, the upcoming candidate for Regenthood. Should I attain office, I will work hard to keep a watchful eye on our citizens and to protect them as best I can from danger. My first decree will be the jailing of the first suspicious individual who presents themselves. This is currently Traj because first=evil.

Elect: Blacjak

4 hours ago, Blacjak said:

Sorry, I mentioned this in the first post of the sign-ups thread, but I seem to have omitted it from my first post here, but players cannot vote for themselves. I have edited the first post to include this as well.

2 hours ago, Rexozord said:
7 hours ago, Blacjak said:

Sorry, I mentioned this in the first post of the sign-ups thread, but I seem to have omitted it from my first post here, but players cannot vote for themselves. I have edited the first post to include this as well.

Not paying attention to rules obvs = evil.

Greetings!  I really like the regent mechanic instead of standard execution.   None of that changes the fact that I am not a fan of Day 1 executions as many of you know.  So, I would want to vote for a regent who would be planning on jailing someone instead of executing them.  For my vote, I would want to know what the regent was planning on doing particularly at this early stage in the game.

I will third the push for jailing first. It's too early to know if we can trust anyone, but we're not likely to keep someone a regent just based on incumbency and he's not likely to tip his hand double crossing us publicly the first night, so I am willing to vote for him on his jail-first policy.

I will... fourth, I suppose, the push for jailing early. Normally I'm a fan of executing Day 1, but normally we don't have another option. I'm interested to try out the new mechanic. 

So...this game has frequencies (unsure what they do or mean), alignments (probably usual innocents and baddies), and conversions of both frequencies and alignments? Everybody is Schrodinger's cat/dog/puppy/cow/platypus!

Anyway, I am here and will agree that our first regent to jail. Since Blacjak has been the only one who has made an effort for a campaign of sorts...sure, why not

The default Regent Actions will be Regent Kill and Regent Jail.

So there are other actions beside kill and jail. Interesting.

What happens if the regent doesn't choose an action in time? Or if they choose an action but not a target? Or a target but not an action?

3 hours ago, Roxeon said:

So there are other actions beside kill and jail. Interesting.

What happens if the regent doesn't choose an action in time? Or if they choose an action but not a target? Or a target but not an action?

That's one way to interpret my statement, yes.

That will be based on my discretion. Reasonable options include: repeating the last valid Regent command from that player (possibly from the last day/night cycle), the Regent doing nothing, and, in very serious cases, a deadline extension. If a target is submitted but not an action, I will likely assume they wanted Regent Kill.

I will announce my proposed target on my break tomorrow. If you have any suggestions, use this time to make them known.

Hi! Here now. Life's busy. Thanks for the late deadline.

Um... vote npm because of the same reason as weee. I know what she will do. Blac is less predictable. No matter what he's saying.

I'm up for doing that. Kind of the same opinion as far as Blac goes (plus he said he wanted to Regent me, and I don't want to be executed, natch.)

Elect: NPM

So, I'm going to propose a third option: myself as Regent.

I don't particularly want to Regent Blac because (love you) but he's a bit of a wildcard as has been said.

I honestly don't really want to Regent NPM because imo either her and/or Traj will be high priority targets for people simply because that's the way things play out a lot of times around here, and if NPM is Regent, she can't jail herself. Granted, on the other side of things, I suppose that does mean their abilities (and that is, anyone who is jailed) will be not able to be used. And if someone was really out to get one of those two people, they could just as easily kill them the next night, so it's just delaying the inevitable buuuut /shrug. At the least it would force people to target someone ELSE for a change.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, if I was Regent, my intentions would be to either jail Traj or NPM unless one or the other of them has an objection to it.

That's a fair argument. Right now we don't have any suspicious people (except Traj), so jailing the high profile as protection is a decent idea. That said, I worry about casting suspicion on them if the villains don't attack for some reason. If NPM is jailed, I'd suggest investigation on her before executing.

You can execute Traj, though. He totally looks suspicious. ;) 

Unelect: Blacjak

Elect: TheLastStarMaker

6 minutes ago, Rexozord said:

Blacjak: 1 - Zilary

Very suspicious. Obviously, Rex's typo gremlin is the real villain here. :o 

What typo? :P

Edited by Rexozord