Rexozord

Werewolf: Frequency

Being a fan of Day 1 executions, I'm going to:

Elect: blacjak

As he's likely to execute.

Edit: So do we just vote for a regent or can we nominate someone for execution/jailing too?

Edited by thezodiac

3 hours ago, Trajectory said:

Kind of the same opinion as far as Blac goes (plus he said he wanted to Regent me, and I don't want to be executed, natch.)

Okay firstly, I don't think you understand how Regent works. The player everyone votes for becomes Regent. The Regent then decides if they want to either Jail or Execute a player, and their target. I specifically said I wanted to jail you, not execute you, and was also playing off the joke Inu made. Then Star said she wanted to jail you as well for being high profile.

If you wanted to use the Jail to protect a "high" profile player, Traj is not high profile in the slightest. (At least not anymore) Weee is an infinitely superior choice IMO. Blacjak, Cel, and Inu are also much better choices if we're talking "high profile", as well as Sinical-kun.

Also, as noted by Inu, there is no reason a player should lie about their plans for Regent unless they plan on never becoming Regent again due to a tarnished reputation.

I'm fine with NPM being Regent, since you all seem to think she would be more objectively reliable in doing the thing she's basically required to do.

Elect: NPM

@thezodiac

I have no intentions of executing Day 1 when we have the option of Jailing instead. Also, it is stated clearly in the rules how Regent voting works. The Regent is the one who decides who is Jailed/Executed. You can make suggestions, but your opinion doesn't matter mechanically.

Edited by Blacjak

I'm perfectly aware how Regency works, thank you. I'm also perfectly aware that you have a history of doing the sub-optimal thing in a given situation because it increases your enjoyment of the game. That's not something I'm going to fault you on, exactly, but it's a big reason I'm not going to trust that you won't decide to do something other than what you'll say you'll do, given the chance. Especially as the avowed target. 

I'm also not all that surprised that you chose me to respond to regarding your wildcard nature, even though both Weee and Celariel mentioned your chaotic tendencies as a reason not to trust you with power before I did. However, I'm not sure that particular oversight was actually related to the game, so I'll ignore it for now. 

Good night, all. 

Only my first paragraph was directed towards you. The next was at Star, then Inu for agreeing with her. Then the third at weee and Cel. My final is clearly at zodiac.

You seem to be a bit more flustered that I said you weren't a high priority target than anything. That was not meant to be a personal attack, rather a statement of fact.

As for the idea that I am chaotic and unreliable and can't be trusted, this is misconstrued from the recent exclamations that I am difficult to read. I have been very consistent recently as both a baddie and an innocent at exposing baddies and playing well. The main way I differ from others is my tendency to be confident, and decisive in my actions which is MORE reliable than the vast majority of play in the current meta. When I lose, it is often because I refuse to change my mind. To think that I would not follow through with my stated action, despite how ludicrously disadvantageous it would be to me in any role at this stage of the game is ridiculous, especially coming from Inu who previously mentioned this very idea. However, I will concede that NPM is far more conservative.

I believe weee should be the player jailed btw. This is for several reasons. Strategically, weee is an excellent center for innocent networks and is highly successful in the current meta. She does not need to use her power, if any, to be useful, and the added protection will guarantee her ability to do so. Additionally, if she is evil, it is imperative that she be recognized as a threat as early as possible. NPM, while a high profile player, is not as good a target in the current meta as weee is, since her gameplay typically is lacking in social connections and hindering her power usage is therefor more detrimental.

Edited by Blacjak

What about Regent Rez? :P

Everyone in the game lives foreverrrrrrr...!

ETA: I hope I'm not breaking the rules because I'm not directly asking for a rez. This is just a joke.

Edited by Zilary

@Blacjak Thought you'd be in the execution camp 😏. Why is jailing more appealing to you than executing? But day 1 executions at Sparkbomb are rarer than albino Orca's.

@Trajectory why are you suddenly against Day 1 executions?

In fact, I would be suspicious of anyone who's pro jailing this game who's normally pro-execution. I mean, if this was a standard game where we knew we had a player with a jailer role... Would we be against executing someone in favour of letting the jailer take care of them at night?

I don't think so....

Unvote: blacjak

Vote: NPM

As not executing Day 1 is the norm for her.

Neo, I would suggest that you go against the grain and execute today rather than jail. And Traj or blac look good choices. They're appearing way too pro-town for my liking.

Edited by thezodiac

Elect: Little Brother (AKA Rox)

Because I feel like if nothing else the Regency should be kept in the family and also we're supposed to vote and stuff.

Edited by TheLastStarMaker
For our beloved Rex (I knew I should have done it, but I didn't anyway. Ain't I a stinkah?)

32 minutes ago, TheLastStarMaker said:

Elect: Little Brother  *coughs Rox cough*

Because I feel like if nothing else the Regency should be kept in the family and also we're supposed to vote and stuff.

For future reference, I do need names/abbreviations I can recognize inside the bolded text (it makes it way easier on me when I'm going back through posts to collect votes). Something like Elect: Little Brother (Rox) or Elect: Little Brother Rox would be acceptable, though.

Vote Tally:

Blacjak: 1 - Zilary

NPM: 7 - Weee, Mrlmaokun, Cel, Traj, Red, Blacjak, Zodiac

Star: 2 - Inu, Mccraabi

Rox: 1 - Star

No Vote warning for @Neopetsmom and @Roxeon. Deadline is in less than 12 hours.

7 hours ago, Blacjak said:

You seem to be a bit more flustered that I said you weren't a high priority target than anything. That was not meant to be a personal attack, rather a statement of fact.

I'm not sure where you get "flustered" from, considering you're absolutely right about whether or not I'm a "high profile target" - I've been gone for a long time. I don't think you were personally attacking me here. That said -

7 hours ago, Blacjak said:

As for the idea that I am chaotic and unreliable and can't be trusted, this is misconstrued from the recent exclamations that I am difficult to read.

This is not in the slightest why I think you're "chaotic and unreliable". I think you're chaotic and unreliable because I've literally seen you make plays in games that are basically contrary to your alignment, for fun. Like I said - I don't think that makes you evil, but it does make me uncomfortable with you as Regent, especially since I'm the person you're talking about targeting.

And I'm not sure you aren't putting words in Celairiel and Weee's mouths here, talking about their reasoning for thinking that about you, but I'll let them speak for themselves on that matter.

@thezodiac - You're right, normally I am pro-execution on Day 1. But normally, we don't have another option besides "no execution". Also, part of me thinks it'd be a shame not to try out the shiny new mechanic Rex put in the game for us to use. :P

1 hour ago, Roxeon said:

I thought being pro-town was a good thing?

Exactly right, but he pulls this BS argument out of his backside a lot, and unfortunately he's not alone. Going after people because they're "acting pro-town" just discourages helping the town and encourages bad behavior that helps the villains. This isn't the Apple Dumpling Gang, and we don't need Zodiac or anyone else imitating Don Knotts.

1 hour ago, thezodiac said:

I mean, if this was a standard game where we knew we had a player with a jailer role... Would we be against executing someone in favour of letting the jailer take care of them at night?

In your scenario, jail and execute can happen in the same night. In this scenario, they cannot. On night 1, even if we pretend your false equivocation had anything to do with reality, we frequently DO leave them for the jailer. 

Neo, I would suggest that you go against the grain and execute today rather than jail. And Traj or blac look good choices. They're appearing way too pro-town for my liking.

You vote for someone you claim won't execute, then suggest she executes? Seriously?

2 hours ago, thezodiac said:

I mean, if this was a standard game where we knew we had a player with a jailer role... Would we be against executing someone in favour of letting the jailer take care of them at night?

In a standard game, we wouldn't know the identity of the jailer and may or may not know the identity of the jailed. Having completely public information changes things a lot.

3 hours ago, Roxeon said:

I thought being pro-town was a good thing?

Too pro town for them...

@InuyashaOhki.. the Inu attack. What a surprise. Still peeved over the last game no doubt when he huffed and puffed about how "I always act the same way"... When you were completely obvious to me because you're always the same when a villain.... Too pro town 😄😄😄😄... Hence the Night 1 dream. Was a pleasure watching you squirm when we didn't reveal the hit on thread 😄😄

I am willing to be regent and would only jail given how I feel about Day 1 execution.  I see jailing for Night 1 to be mostly a protective mechanism.  If there is anyone (beyond Weee) who specifically doesn't want to be jailed PM me (or post if you want) and given it is Night 1 I am perfectly happy not to jail you. 

Since I need to vote for Regent, I will

Vote Regent: Inu

Elect: Inu

(Sorry, got the format wrong).

Edited by Neopetsmom

The next business of this whole Regent thing is who exactly to jail, given that it appears as if any of those currently likely to be Regent have claimed to jail as opposed to execute.

I don't particularly mind being jailed, though then I won't get to do anything toNight. I suppose I haven't played in so long that I'm not sure exactly who is gonna get got the soonest and therefore feel that my judgement would likely rest on the Regent's discretion (since I sincerely doubt I'll be Regent toDay anyway). 

I do want to point out though that while I understand it is in the baddies' best interests to kill off people as quickly as they can, it is also possible they could pull a gambit and go for a no-kill in the hopes that everyone be all OMG WE GOT THE SPOKES and perhaps that sort of incident shouldn't incite a gut-reaction bandwagon riot without other sources of input. Granted, since we're voting for Regents, now that I think about it, I suppose it'll be up to the next Regent anyway, so my concern at someone getting voted and there being no chance of changing votes beforehand is slightly unfounded. Pardon my thinking 'aloud' there, the thought only just occurred as I was typing it.

In other news, this whole frequency thing is intriguing and I'm super excite to see how exactly things play out with that, Rex. I mean, obviously it isn't something one just shares at will (though I'll admit the idea of just announcing it on thread and seeing what happens would be fun), but it'll be fun to see how everything is tied in to it.

So uh, should we just wait for the implied daykill? It's been like 30 minutes and I'm getting the urge to ######post contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way.

1 minute ago, Roxeon said:

So uh, should we just wait for the implied daykill? It's been like 30 minutes and I'm getting the urge to ######post contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way.

For those of us who missed it, what implied daykill are you talking about?