Rexozord

Werewolf: Frequency

Recommended Posts

I can't think of a reason an innocent would be openly opposed to being disabled. If anything, I think that makes weee an even better jail target. If you have a powerful innocent role, I don't agree with tipping your hat so early. So I find it slightly more likely her motives are nefarious. I still do not think we should execute anyone today. Jailing is vastly superior.

For that reason:

Unelect: NPM

Elect: Star

Edited by Blacjak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vote Tally:

Blacjak: 1 - Zilary

NPM: 6 - Weee, Mrlmaokun, Cel, Traj, Red, Zodiac

Star: 4 - Inu, Mccraabi, Rox, Blacjak

Rox: 1 - Star

Inu: 1 - NPM

 

Deadline in under 2 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure it's going to NPM, which nobody has really argued against. I don't think there's any chance of her pulling a double-cross, though frankly I don't think anyone that got votes is likely to do that this early, so it's safe to say that tonight's only real risk is villain and surprisingly early vigilante kills.

Assuming I survive the night, I'll be throwing my hat in the ring tomorrow to act as Regent. I -will- be executing on Day 2 if elected. I'm sure others will offer the same policy, but I figured I would at least set the tone even if I don't get it (or if I get killed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have elected NPM to be your Regent for today. NPM used Regent Jail on Blacjak.

During the night, Weee has gone silent. She was the Red Dreamer, capable of seeking out the Frequency Bandits. Her frequency was Blue.

It is Day 2. Twelve players remain. (Night results will be sent out in order of priority. EDIT: Night results complete.)

Edited by Rexozord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told my power failed. Nothing in the description even hinted at failure being an option, so this means either the person I used it on is immune to my ability, or someone stopped me last night. I was not informed of any list change, but some MC's don't tell you. If it was my list, the target should have been Cel (I informed her yesterday of what to expect).

I also know Weee was in contact with someone else, trying to work with that person. I've passed this info on to others I'm speaking with.

Before I start casting suspicions on specific people based on this light circumstantial evidence, anyone else want to weigh in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weee straight up told everyone she had a power role and she was neither jailed nor protected, what is wrong with you guys? Edit: to be fair, I really disagree with her reveal.

Obviously my power failed because I was jailed.

Edited by Blacjak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Cel is our focal point tonight. I have talked to the other person I alluded to, and nothing suspicious has emerged.

I am also in contact with a frequency flipper if anyone wants to discuss changing a frequency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I didn't get any of your pms last night. Catching up now. I don't know why powers on me failed, but it may depend on the type of power or on your frequency. I'm on my phone, so I can't easily double check. If we target cress frequency does it fail or does it shop to the next on our list?

Going to read pms now.

Also, if anyone wants to contact me, Skype would be better. Pms work only sometimes on my phone, and this game I'm having to play more from the break room at work. Just ask for my name, I'll happily provide it privately to any of you. But I cannot initiate pms from my phone at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that Cel probably needs to be looked into if powers are failing on her, but something about the way Zilary made that comment bothers me.

Elect: Inu for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone I've spoken to either knew how frequencies impacted their power and thus could answer Cel's question, or had a power that changed frequencies, so that's suspicious for both of them asking, Mccraabi.

What I know so far about Cel:

  1. 2 people had powers fail against her last night. I'm trusting Zilary on her half of this.
  2. It was not a protection power use. This is certain.
  3. It was not a problem of crossing frequencies. This is certain.
  4. Whether or not Blac is right about the public aspect of Weee's claim is correct, Cel is the person in the three-person circle I told of what I was doing last night who had Weee's name. This is circumstantial, though.

What I've gathered so far regarding how the game works:

  1. A few people have DIFFERENT ways of affecting frequency. So far I know of frequency setting (whatever it was, it's now blue) and frequency flipping (whatever it was, it's now the opposite).
  2. The order of frequency shift list processing is fixed, but barring them quoting numbers, we won't know exactly who is in what order.
  3. Frequencies can be locked by power use for the night phase. This occurs during the frequency phase (2), and basically stops all later powers from overriding what was done.
  4. All normal powers I know about thus far have 1 power that happens if on the same frequency and 1 power that happens across opposing frequencies.
  5. Nothing on "unknown". I don't know if this means the player doesn't know their own frequency, or if it's a frequency the MC is keeping secret from us.
  6. Jail is only during the night phase. It starts before list processing and is over during the day. This is from asking the MC to clarify if I could target Blac tonight with my power.

 

Again, my action tonight if you vote me as regent will be to execute. Unless I hear new evidence, Cel is looking like the best option for execution by a mile. If someone has investigative powers, I suggest using them on Cel (in case she survives), then Zodiac. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blacjak said:

Weee straight up told everyone she had a power role and she was neither jailed nor protected, what is wrong with you guys? Edit: to be fair, I really disagree with her reveal.

Obviously my power failed because I was jailed.

Weee straight up said publicly that she didn't want to be jailed.  It was obvious to the most casual observer that she had an ability she wanted to use last night.  I wasn't going to jail her given that.  She did, however, want to see you jailed.  Now, I don't think that suggesting jailing her makes her evil.  I can understand why you might want to jail someone to protect them.  But, I think your position basically that any innocent would be OK with being disabled is just wrong (I don't think that means you are evil necessarily -- I just disagree with your position).

I do think that that Weee was a fairly obvious protection target for last night.  But, I don't know how protection works in this game.  For example, it may be tied to be the same frequency or opposite frequency so for all I know someone did try to protect her.

As for today, I agree with Inu's analysis and plan

Elect: Inu

I do think we need to be cautious in general of who we elect since one way to look at the regent would be to say that this game has no "execution" and really we are electing someone to exercise the equivalent of a daykill.

For that reason, I am unlikely to want to vote for someone to be regent unless I feel I have a pretty good idea of their analysis and what they plan to do and who they plan to do it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I don't think Cel is the best choice for execution, unless Zilary's ability only has "one power" as you put it, Inu. As you appear to have said, Inu, all the normal abilities you have come across so far have one power if they are the same color and another power if they are opposing colors. Zil's power should have gone through and had one result or another, that being the case.

More specifically, Inu, you say that you were told your power failed, and Zil claims her power failed because she targeted Cel. In my opinion, that raises two separate cases: one where something happened to stop you personally and one where Zil's failed because she and Cel's frequencies weren't matching (or opposing or whatever the requirements were). I don't deny that the phrasing of the PM you each received is important, and if this is just me over-analyzing the differences in vernacular in Zil/Inu's posts, well... You'll each have to speak up for yourselves if I'm doing so.

Is there anyone else who has an ability that only has one "power" as Inu phrased it above? (Not saying you necessarily should answer that in thread, just handing out food for thought) If the inno power roles all have that two-power package, what ability would the baddies have to have to equal out only the "one power" ability (all of which is assuming Zil is evil, which is not certain)?

I completely agree with Blac on this one: I'm not really sure why weee wasn't protected after the couple of soft claim posts she made. She may not have wanted to be jailed, but if we have a protector, I would say they could have stepped in where NPM wasn't willing to do so.

Since we've learned the names of our opposition (this is me assuming the bad guys are Frequency Bandits, though there could be more than one group), my guess as to the "unknown" property would have to do with them being able to "hide" the frequency of their target (possibly even stealing it so that they have no frequency), then change the frequency as they need it, then being able to kill them because they are the correct frequency to do so (or kill them because they have no frequency).

Editing because I don't wanna double post and a thought occurred:

Frequency jamming. That's what the unknown thing could be about.

Edit edit:

Cel might have been the one protected last night?

Edited by TheLastStarMaker
cuz me no-no double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elect: Inu

I'm not doing to well emotionally right now, but it looks like a solid execute. I think Star is on the same team as Cel btw. It is unlikely I will elaborate or post again today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I was saying is that my power failed last night, but I seem to have worded it poorly. Yes, I did target Cel with my power, but since it failed, I don't know if it was because targeted Cel or if I was blocked from it. Or it could be we were either on the same or different frequencies.

I have a theory that there's a frequency person (not necessarily the bandit) who has the power to choose what color frequencies can be used on what nights. From what I read on thread, I have picked up there are two frequency colors (so far?)...red and blue. And it says so on the main post. There could be more, I don't know. Since Blacjak was jailed, I don't think he messed with the frequencies. I have figured that much.

Elect: Inu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are exactly two frequencies for this game: Red and Blue. There are no other frequencies.

Vote Tally:

Inu: 4 - Traj, NPM, Blacjak, Zilary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLastStarMaker said:

Personally, I don't think Cel is the best choice for execution, unless Zilary's ability only has "one power" as you put it, Inu. As you appear to have said, Inu, all the normal abilities you have come across so far have one power if they are the same color and another power if they are opposing colors. Zil's power should have gone through and had one result or another, that being the case.

More specifically, Inu, you say that you were told your power failed, and Zil claims her power failed because she targeted Cel. In my opinion, that raises two separate cases: one where something happened to stop you personally and one where Zil's failed because she and Cel's frequencies weren't matching (or opposing or whatever the requirements were). I don't deny that the phrasing of the PM you each received is important, and if this is just me over-analyzing the differences in vernacular in Zil/Inu's posts, well... You'll each have to speak up for yourselves if I'm doing so.

Is there anyone else who has an ability that only has one "power" as Inu phrased it above? (Not saying you necessarily should answer that in thread, just handing out food for thought) If the inno power roles all have that two-power package, what ability would the baddies have to have to equal out only the "one power" ability (all of which is assuming Zil is evil, which is not certain)?

I completely agree with Blac on this one: I'm not really sure why weee wasn't protected after the couple of soft claim posts she made. She may not have wanted to be jailed, but if we have a protector, I would say they could have stepped in where NPM wasn't willing to do so.

Since we've learned the names of our opposition (this is me assuming the bad guys are Frequency Bandits, though there could be more than one group), my guess as to the "unknown" property would have to do with them being able to "hide" the frequency of their target (possibly even stealing it so that they have no frequency), then change the frequency as they need it, then being able to kill them because they are the correct frequency to do so (or kill them because they have no frequency).

Editing because I don't wanna double post and a thought occurred:

Frequency jamming. That's what the unknown thing could be about.

Edit edit:

Cel might have been the one protected last night?

Executive summary of my response: Nope.

The difference in language is a pretty obvious red herring argument. Both of us had a power fail when used on Cel. I've said specifically that it CANNOT be a protection power use. 

As to what the villains would have to balance it out, there are several ways. For example, the kill might hit the first one on a list that isn't the wrong frequency. So a villain on blue might have targeted two players on red with Weee last and only hit Weee because she was on blue. The villains could also have spoof powers that imitate innocents if on the same frequency, but then something more sinister across frequencies. 

The phrase "NPM wasn't willing to" is obviously meant to twist opinion against NPM and seed a second line of suspicion. It's a barb, but it's also indirect. That suggests you know you don't have anything to work with on NPM yet but you want to get someone else thinking along those lines, which in this case is a diversionary tactic.

I'm going to take my recommendations further. Anyone with investigative powers should do what they can to clear these folks, but I suggest this execution order: Celairiel, Starmaker, Zodiac. If Cel doesn't die as part of a team (either innocent, OMT or neutral) then Starmaker is off the hook and we go on to Zodiac. I wanted to get that on the public thread since I tend to die right after getting these elected roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, InuyashaOhki said:

The phrase "NPM wasn't willing to" is obviously meant to twist opinion against NPM and seed a second line of suspicion. It's a barb, but it's also indirect. That suggests you know you don't have anything to work with on NPM yet but you want to get someone else thinking along those lines, which in this case is a diversionary tactic.

NPM wasn't willing to because weee asked not to. That's literally all I was saying and you're reading way too much into it.

As far as me not having "anything to work with on NPM yet," basically anyone who has played with me before ought to know that I abhor the stupid Inno-PM-Circle that happens behind the scenes in basically every game around here, regardless of my alignment. It makes a game WAY too easy for the innos and also is both difficult to balance for as well as defeating the original purpose of the Mafia game anyway. /hops off soapbox

~!**!~

Okay, so I know lots of things can happen between now and deadline, but it's quite possible that I will be out of pocket for the rest of the evening (getting on SB on my phone can be hit and miss because my phone is dumb).

Imma stick with my 

Elect: Little Brother (AKA Rox)

vote because I don't agree with what the current elect has planned and I always agree with family having the power.

30 minutes ago, Blacjak said:

I think Star is on the same team as Cel btw. It is unlikely I will elaborate or post again today.

I would certainly hope so, since I think she's innocent and I know I'm innocent. Anything I can say here about this is really wifom though.

@Zilary, I was wanting clarification if you couldn't do anything to Cel because of Cel (aka your power couldn't go through because she was a different frequency) or if you got a message similar to what Inu says to have received that basically said his power failed.

I will try and keep an eye on thread, but as I said I'm voting now because it might not be possible.

((Also, I've tried posting this and my internet is being dumb and not letting me, sigh))

Edited by TheLastStarMaker
freaking grammar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star, why do you think Cel's innocent? Even if Rox disabled Zilary, we still have Inu's failed targeting to explain. Generally in the early game if a power fails when aimed at someone, that someone has protection of a sort an innocent probably wouldn't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay from what I'm now understanding about frequency is that it's simply a mechanic the host is using that allows for certain interactions between players. With my role it gives me a sort of dual role... I.e when I target a player at night, one thing happens if the targeted player is of Red frequency and something else happens if Blue. I still don't know how this allows us to investigate people at night. If Wee being a red dreamer allowed her to dream for Red frequency players, I'm not sure how useful that info could be as it has nothing to do with alignment.

I can tell you that I targeted Traj last night and his frequency is almost certainly Red...

Vote: Inu

I agree with the Cel execution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.