Rexozord

Werewolf: Frequency

25 minutes ago, Roxeon said:

I should probably shed some light on this whole situation - I'm the disabler and I hit Zilary yesterday. Inu being disabled had nothing to do with me, though.

That's what we were missing, thank you. It brings Cel's power potential squarely into the range I was expecting for a team villain, and her behavior fits with her being on a team.

I've said my piece on who I suspect. I'm going to sit back and listen now to soften my cognitive bias.

EDIT: Regent action has been put in for executing Cel. 

Edited by InuyashaOhki

4 hours ago, Roxeon said:

I should probably shed some light on this whole situation - I'm the disabler and I hit Zilary yesterday. Inu being disabled had nothing to do with me, though.

If I'd known this earlier I would have been more confident in what had happened.

My role says nothing about not being able to be targeted. I'm genuinely curious whether or not execution will work on me. I've been extremely distracted thus far and playing via phone, so yeah, I've come across as if I'm making stuff up. Totally aware of that. Poor playing on my part, nothing more. I've had a run of bad focus games, thought my break would have helped guess not.

I'm red frequency. It was implied in my role that it's not normal to know my own frequency, so I wasn't willing to share that. I was not told I was targeted. I am heir to the first innocent of red frequency to die, so I'm assuming weee must have been blue - if that helps anyone. Now if I die, you have everything I know. If I live, I'll be killed by baddies immediately upon inheriting. I'm gonna pretty much just finish checking out from the game mentally.

For arbitrariness:

Elect: Zilary

@Zilary - Jailing only tells us something if we catch the spokes and the evil team can't shift who kills. It also is the only way we eliminate the enemies. We need to execute, not just jail.

For the record, based on our earlier PM conversation, if the roles were reversed I would do exactly what Inu is doing. I claimed and made a light defense simply because there is no information gained unless I provide information that you can use to analyze and benefit from. Plus, it would be nice to live.

Well, if you're innocent we'll test out the theory that you're immortal until heired. The only other option I feel is appropriate would be to execute Zodiac, and the balance hasn't quite tipped towards that course of action.

You have elected Inu to be your Regent for today. Inu used Regent Kill on Celairiel. She was the Airwave Heir, capable of inheriting the role of one who has passed on. Her frequency was Red.

During the night, Blacjak has gone silent. He was the Regent’s Right Hand, capable of extending the abilities of the Regent. His frequency was Red.

It is Day 3. Ten players remain. (Night results will be sent out in order of priority. Night results complete.)

@Red, @Roxeon, and @mrlmaokun have received a Vote warning.

Edited by Rexozord

Alright, I've had my fill of being Regent. Someone else can take over now.

Elect: Traj

Because he voted for me first yesterday, and I don't want to forget to vote today. I'll change this if it becomes relevant, but I'm guessing regency will be by landslide again once people campaign for it.

For what it's worth, I targeted Zodiac with no trouble last night, so we can confirm that he's not the blue heir.

So. Why are we killing people off on the basis of correlation without causation? How many games have we actually seen where the baddies are able to switch their spokes? What's the ACTUAL harm in jailing people instead of risking killing of an innocent? Because, honestly, if we're bad at assuming baddies, we're just helping them out and killing ourselves twice as fast. I don't particularly like going all meta, but do you really think Rex would put in a mechanic like the Regent Jail/Execute for kicks and giggles? Okay, yes, possibly, or it's possible that it's supposed to help balance something else out that's going on and allow us the chance to NOT kill off innocents like that.

7 hours ago, thezodiac said:

Can you guys confirm what colour your frequency is. It's important.

No. Because we have yet to know if frequency corresponds with who can be killed at Night. And given that Night One killed a Blue and Night Two killed a Red, I would tentatively venture to say that it could be important, which if Night Three yields another Blue kill I would be more certain about.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that you didn't get killed off, little brother. I would think baddies wouldn't want a disabler running around willy-nilly, especially since it didn't seem to me that killing off Blac was more priority for them (especially if he could boost the Regent no matter what alignment they were). 

@Rexozord, when you get a chance could you update the player list on the front page?

I am going to go ahead and 

Elect: Little Brother (AKA Rox)

again, for the same reasons I always give, and this early because I have a rehearsal today and who knows when I'm going to get out of it.

EDIT: the following part of my post did not post (probably because I was switching between two tabs and forgot which one I was originally typing on)

Zodiac said this (copy and pasting quoting left out the time tag and the name, but it's on page three at the very bottom I think)

If Wee being a red dreamer allowed her to dream for Red frequency players, I'm not sure how useful that info could be as it has nothing to do with alignment.

It was never explicitly stated in thread that weee could only dream for Red frequency players, simply that she was the Red Dreamer and could dream of the Frequency Bandits, and that she was Blue frequency herself.

Edited by TheLastStarMaker
I done a goof and no-no double post

25 minutes ago, TheLastStarMaker said:

@Rexozord, when you get a chance could you update the player list on the front page?

Oops, forgot to do that last night. It's done now.

Important Announcement: I will be away from my computer for all of today. I will be returning at roughly 1:30AM Central time. I will process everything then, and I will allow list/vote changes that occur between the usual deadline and when I actually get back. There will be no official vote tallies today, and I won't be available to answer questions.

13 minutes ago, TheLastStarMaker said:

So. Why are we killing people off on the basis of correlation without causation? How many games have we actually seen where the baddies are able to switch their spokes? What's the ACTUAL harm in jailing people instead of risking killing of an innocent? Because, honestly, if we're bad at assuming baddies, we're just helping them out and killing ourselves twice as fast. I don't particularly like going all meta, but do you really think Rex would put in a mechanic like the Regent Jail/Execute for kicks and giggles? Okay, yes, possibly, or it's possible that it's supposed to help balance something else out that's going on and allow us the chance to NOT kill off innocents like that.

This is something years past the point of being debated. Innocent teams who fail to execute, lose. Waiting the first night is due to the statistics being roughly even, but past the first night it's not a question. As for games where the villains can't be prevented from killing by jailing, I have seen it in roughly 10% of games.

If we adopted this jail-first strategy, we would continue losing guaranteed innocents each night until jailing the spokes (taking the assumption that there is a spokes rather than a team kill). We then repeat the process from scratch while more guaranteed innocents die. That gives us 3 nights to jail the spokes with the same level of info we have now, vs 2 nights to kill any of the villain team. 3 nights for a 1 in 10/9/8 shot vs 2 nights for a 3 in 10/8 shot. This isn't even close. 33.5% chance or 67.5% chance.

I agree with Inu on the execution thing.  While I am a proponent of not executing on Day 1, it is almost always right to execute after Day 1.  There are a few situations that have come up in the past where I felt a no execution was the right choice later in the game (usually when making an error is catastrophic and there is reason to think waiting overnight will give more information), but that is rare.

As for the regent for today, I am willing to consider Traj or Rox (or any other candidate who gets vote) but what I really want to know from any potential regent is whether you plan to execute or jail.  If you plan to execute, then I want to know who you are thinking of executing.  I recognize that events may transpire during the day/evening that change your view, but I want to get a feel for it sort of like Inu did with Cel yesterday.  I recognize that there can be situations where you want to execute a specific person and don't want to give them warning it is happening, but that is rare.  So, in most instances I am going to want to know the thinking and plans of the regent.  I think this should usually be posted here in the thread, but am open to receiving a PM if there is something you don't want to say publicly.

I agree with NPM. I'm not comfortable electing someone as Regent if I have absolutely no idea what they're planning on doing with it. Ideally I'll vote for someone who I agree with what they plan on doing. 

Since I haven't received any damning evidence for anyone at the moment, personally, I would probably execute Red or mrlmaokun. They're both inactive and I don't believe would be a big loss for us if they ended up as innocent. If not them, I'd feel comfortable with a zodiac execute. While I think his question may have been honest misunderstanding, it certainly doesn't look good.

I will abstain from voting until someone else, like traj or rox (doubtful given last nights inactivity), either posts what they would intend to do with the Regency, or PMs me about it.

If I get regency I'll execute mccraabi. I was already slightly suspecting her and then she pulled the "they're inactive, they won't be a big loss anyway" card.. I'd advise against electing me as regent though, since I won't be around near execution to change it in case something happens.

It's also amusing how she mentioned last "night"'s inactivity from my part -,I'm pretty sure I was disabled last night.

Edited by Roxeon
got genders mixed up - oops

Just now, Roxeon said:

It's also amusing how he mentioned last "night"'s inactivity from my part -,I'm pretty sure I was disabled last night.

*she
And I was referring to you not electing anyone. Rex gave you a vote warning. 

anyways, that's why I wasn't asking to be elected Regent. I know some people don't agree with that type of strategy, even though I don't understand it. We've only executed someone so far who would have helped us if she'd been around. And though I doubt that mrlmaokun or Red is baddie spokes, I see no reason why they couldn't be on the baddie team. Especially when literally no other evidence has been mentioned in thread for someone else. 

Oh look... Mccraabi wants to execute me on a similar stupidity argument. I'd be happy to vote anyone who wants to execute her based on this... Rox.. you have my vote:

Vote: Rox

But surely Star is the most viable target at this stage...  Completely anti-town.

14 hours ago, thezodiac said:

@InuyashaOhki so why do you want me dead again? Oh because I asked about Frequency... Yeah that's solid.

LOL okay so when Inu thinks you're suspicious, it's solid. but when I do for the EXACT same reason it's a "stupidity argument"

Not much has happened today. I've been at work, sorry for the inactivity.

I wouldn't have thought mrlmaokun would have gone inactive with Sinical as his advisor. That's odd to me. If elected regent, I'll most likely execute him or Star, whose claim worries me a bit at this point. 

Zodiac's softclaim yesterday buys him a pass from me today.