InuyashaOhki

Werewolf Signups - Inu's Lab

I hope the addition of lion wiggles means I can switch to replacement? I likewise hope that I described the Wariness mechanic well enough in the email I sent out.

Yep, Rift, I will move you to the replacement list when I add them. I just checked my email, and that description works. Thanks for advertising for my game. :)

EDIT: Alright, all updatified. Signups close in a little over 24 hours.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

You can start a PM with 5 users but you can't add users to an already started thread to get past 4? I believe.

Higher ranked users have different restrictions though right? I've been in a group with 6 before.

Edited by Blacjak

This is not me signing up because I won't be able to concentrate on a game for the next two weeks, but I wanted to hop on the PM-starting-train-question.

If you add someone into a PM at a later time, are they able to see the entire conversation or only where the conversation starts as they walk in?

1 hour ago, TheLastStarMaker said:

This is not me signing up because I won't be able to concentrate on a game for the next two weeks, but I wanted to hop on the PM-starting-train-question.

If you add someone into a PM at a later time, are they able to see the entire conversation or only where the conversation starts as they walk in?

When someone is added to a conversation, they get access to the entire conversation. The way PMs work on newer version of IPB is basically private threads accessed by invitation only.

I am about to go pokemon hunting for a few hours. There are 5 hours and 10 minutes left until the game starts. I'll probably start setting up the game thread just a bit before 11PM, then send out roles when the clock strikes 11. (You know, that's a rather violent clock, striking all those poor hours...) Signups will be open until the clock strikes 11, even if I've already created the game thread. As I typically do, I'll be making the second post the player list so it's easy to edit in when players die or are rezzed.

Time for me to weigh in on the game.

First, Blacjak is clearly attempting to hide a posting requirement by posting nothing but his vote. I will also remind everyone that he failed to vote or post yesterday. It is plausible that he is spokes.

Second, Sinical has been extremely tunneled the entire game, and has analyzed nothing outside of what he wanted to focus on. This is suspect.

Third, people ignoring Mccraabi's soft claims are being anti-town. Remember guys, no PMs means investigators can't claim in the usual manner.

Fourth, at this point, Cel is using her lack of internet as a cloak. That along with Mccraabi's hints should be enough to force a majority on Cel. I agree that Red is also a problem, but if his claims are true, then there is almost no reason to deal with him before a team baddie. If they are not true, I still doubt he could do much in terms of damage in his current form (with the dots, it's gotta be something like a turtle or a sloth).

Lol.

Knife attack, not an animal. Whoever it was wasn't transformed so you can probably cross off a lot of names from who could have done that. Yes it's possible somebody is faking a posting requirement but that is not the most likely.

Who is somebody both untransformed and would want me dead? Exiled!

Edit: Nevermind. I'm done.

Edited by Sinical

I'm not sure if I'm more depressed or disturbed by the complete lack of caring about me just getting stabbed and somebody admitting to doing it.

19 minutes ago, Sinical said:

I'm not sure if I'm more depressed or disturbed by the complete lack of caring about me just getting stabbed and somebody admitting to doing it.

It kind of happens a lot to you. We're getting desensitized to you getting viciously murdered.

1 hour ago, Trajectory said:

Also, I notice Weee didn't have a transmogrifier in her room. She must have been faking the snake-esque posting requirement.

What, you're sskeptical that beingss of pure energy hissss?

This is the point of the game where I am glad I am dead. I no longer have any idea whatsoever what the set-up of this game is. Good luck to the living.

I gotta say, I'm pretty swayed by the "NPM is evil" arguments. Don't forget that she initially tried to deflect a Cel vote, and Cel died evil.

Edit: Well, here's what I was going to post before the game ended:

Hey guys, has anyone using a transmogrifier died innocent yet?

Edited by weee5067

I'm glad we worked that out. 

I do think there weren't enough baddies. 

Also: a tiger attacked me last night. Was that one of the innocents or was that Blacjac attacking me before I killed him? 

I think I was supposed to accidentally rez a baddie or something. Or maybe the baddies had rezzes they didn't get to use? Or maybe the innocents were expected to friendly-fire more often?

I don't know, I'm very confused.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:10 AM, thezodiac said:

Rex was clearly a wolf and thus a villain.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:43 AM, Sinical said:

vote: exiled

I called that Rex seemed evil day one.

I also said that Exiled looked suspicious as hell, and Rex turning up likely evil reinforces that suspicion considering his behaviour towards Exiled yesterday. Rex wrote a post with his thoughts on just about every active player, but omitted exiled from it despite a clearly questionable vote. I would say they are likely teammates.

Just want to go ahead and shout these out. Others (Weee and NPM) voiced what I would consider to be reasonable suspicions/considerations that I could have been a baddie. On the other hand, Zodiac assumed it (foolish) and Sinical gloated about being right, when the only two people he analyzed or accused all game were both innocent. Also, for the record, I'm only calling you guys out because you both like to gloat when you're right, and I'm hoping I can balance the scales here a bit.

I'm also confused about how the set-up was intended to work. It does seem very volatile, though, since the baddies could dupe a role and there was the potential for a lot of kills during the night. Also, wariness seems to favor the innocents from where I'm sitting. I'll be very interested to see whatever behind the scenes stuff Inu shows us.

Innocents:

Mccraabi: Dreamer

Device in room: Matter Reducer

Alignment: Innocent

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats

Transformation/Powers: 

Miniature Form: While reduced to 1/12th normal scale, you are able to sneak through the air ducts into any given room and inspect the equipment you find there that night. The following day, you may choose to vote without speaking, if you so choose, which will NOT have a posting requirement. If you speak, whether or not it is in the same post as your vote, you have a posting requirement of using the smallest font size. (Small font size on your text, not on your vote.) Make sure no one catches you like that as you'll fit quite easily in a jar.

Lion Wiggles: Thief

Device in room: Transmogrifier

Transformation/Powers: 

Human Form: You are one of the few with a power while in human form. You have the technical skills to copy data from other player's rooms to your transmogrifier so that you can take on their form. This will be a one-use transformation and you can't copy from the same player twice, but you can stay transformed as long as you like. The player you copy from does not need to be alive. If the target has multiple forms, you will only gain the least secure one of them. If the player does not use a transmogrifier, you will skip them.

Smiletrue: Watcher

Transformation/Powers: 

Chameleon Form: You can sneak up someone's room and match your color to the floor to go unnoticed most of the time. This seems like a good way to watch for anyone who comes into and out of someone's room. In fact, with the console on the wall, you can even monitor electronic intrusions. The living are going to have the liveliest rooms, but you can still target the rooms of the dead to watch. As such, you have 2 options: Submit a list (first alive will have their room watched) or submit one name (will have their room watched whether alive or dead).

Sinical: Tracker

Device in room: Vial & Suit

Transformation/Powers: 

Invisible Form: In your room, you find a seemingly empty clotheshanger and a vial with dosage instructions. You discover that it's invisibility formula, and the hanger holds invisible clothes that somehow fit perfectly. If used, you can track others without being seen. The following day, while waiting for it to wear off, your votes must be normal, but all other regular speech must be white text on a white background. (Just set color white either with the toolbox or the [ color=white ] text [ /color ] tags.) Your wariness is set to 0 in this form so that you don't get caught. You will not show up to watcher-like abilities or other trackers.

Zodiac: Disabler/Distractor

Transformation/Powers: 

Fly Form: You find your room has a transmogrifier in it. "Cool!" you think, until you notice it's set to turn you into a fly. Well, at least you can buzz around other players and annoy them. Maybe you can use it to change the wariness of other players? (Specify list of players and target wariness. You can specify different wariness for different players on your list if you so choose.) The day cycle after taking on fly form, you must insert the word "buzz" into over half of your sentences. Try not to get swatted (fatal result that is a factor of both player's initial wariness with a maximum of 16% chance of fatality if you are both 100% wary).

Trajectory: TF Disabler

Device in room: Console

Transformation/Powers: 

Human Form: You are one of the few who can do something as a human. You can cut power to a room, disabling the transformation power of a player. You can only disable a specific room for up to 2 nights in total (2 consecutive nights is fine, but then no more for that individual).

Other Form?: You currently do not have access to other forms. Certain circumstances may arise that could change this. (You will be prompted for actions related to this if it occurs.) 

Rexozord: Vigilante

Transformation/Powers: 

Wolf Form: You may kill during the night phase after transforming. The following day you may vote without speaking, if you so choose, which will NOT have a posting requirement. If you speak, whether or not it is in the same post as your vote, you have a posting requirement of one lupine sound in italics at the end of each paragraph. This can be snarling, growling, howling, panting or scratching.

Weee: Necromancer

Device in room: Energy Converter

Transformation/Powers: 

Energy Form: While transformed into pure energy, you can locate the dispossessed spirits of dead players who have used transmogrifiers, and use the device to restore them to life...sort of. They will take on a new form with new powers, and will not be able to change forms again. If the power to your room is cut while using this form, you have a 25% chance of survival (75% chance of death), regardless of wariness. Don't think that energy beings are immune to physical threats either. While transformed, all posts must be in blue. You must revert to human form the night after using this power. You will be informed of the new form of those you rez when your rez is processed and will not be able to affect which form they will come back as. I will not inform you what the form does, but form selection is based on a rubric I designed to maintain balance so the villains still benefit from the death while rezzing still fills in gaps.

NeopetsMom: Messenger

Transformation/Powers: 

Pigeon Form: B-b-b-bird bird bird... Sorry. You can deliver messages between players while in this form. (Specify 5 pairs of players as your list. I will open a private message between the 4 of us, which can be used until the end of the following day. You may re-use the power on the same pair of players to keep it open.)

Exiled Phoenix: Inventor

Device in room: Automaton

Transformation/Powers: 

Automaton Form: You find the metal body of a complex automaton connected to a matter scanner. It digitizes your body inside the machine, giving you control over it. While in this form, you can use the on-board transmogrifier beam to zap any player into a different form. They will gain an ability while in this form, but will not have access to normal abilities. If they choose to change back, they will lose the form, but they may stay in the form as long as they want. While in this form, you must post "Creak-stomp-creak-stomp" at the beginning and end of each post.

1 Elephant - Player stomps anyone visiting their room.
1 Sparrow - Player can quietly follow other players at night.
1 Electric Eel - Player can resuscitate the last player to die, if certain circumstances are met.
3 Rabbit - Player can hop around a target, confusing them into mixing up their list.
* Additional forms may be unlocked by game events.

Voce Angeli: Hunter

Transformation/Powers: 

Dog Form: Pick a form (not a player). You will sniff out that form, if it exists, to the strongest scent. If 2 players have the same form, whoever used it most recently will be the room you find. In case of a tie, most often will be used next, followed by randomizer. If you pick a form that doesn't exist, you will find your own room. Generic terms will apply to all that fit (Mammal will track down a random player who has not transformed into a non-mammal. Bird will track down one of the players with bird forms, whether it's an ostrich or a chicken. Dog will track down you, but not a wolf or fox.).

Neutral:

Red: Heir

Alignment: Neutral

Win Condition: Survive long enough to take on the role of a non-neutral player, then meet their win condition.

Transformation/Powers: 

Turtle Form: You can take on the form of a turtle. Your wariness is inversely proportional to the defense level. A Wariness of 75 leaves a 75% chance that attacks on you will succeed. A Warines of 0 leaves a 0% chance of attacks succeeding, but of course means you will have no idea what's going on around you. While in this form, you must post with at least 2 elipses ("...") inserted per sentence. This does not affect the vote format.

Heiring: Upon the death of an player with a transmogrifier, you may take over their role AND alignment. If rezzed, they will retain their alignment but they will NOT get their role back from you. This is not automatic - you must choose the player to replace before the night phase following their death. You will lose the Turtle Form in the process.

Knife Team:

KillerK: Sociopath

Device in room: Knife

Alignment: OMT - The 'voices in your knife' team.

Win Condition: Eliminate everyone else. (Your survival is not required.)

Transformation/Powers: 

Human Form: You are one of the few with a power while human. Your power is...a knife. And you love your knife. And your knife loves everyone. It just likes getting its point across, with your help of course. First alive on your list dies.

Knife Form: You can take the place of your knife. While in this form, you can place yourself in someone's room. Optionally, you can leave a note (150 characters). They will gain a one-use nighttime kill, while you will be skipped on any list that includes you, including execution. You will know what they did since you were there. This form cannot be used on consecutive nights or more than 4 times in total. While in this form, you must post in gray or silver font except for your vote.

Order of the Claw:

Blackjak: Leader

Transformation/Powers:

Feline Form: You may kill during the night phase after transforming. The following day you may vote without speaking, if you so choose, which will NOT have a posting requirement. If you speak, whether or not it is in the same post as your vote, you have a posting requirement of one feline sound in italics at the end of each paragraph. This can be hissing, growling, meowing, purring, coughing up hairballs, or scratching. Only one player on your team can transform into killing form each night. You must select the specific type of cat tonight (night 1). eg. Housecat, kattail, cabbit, saber toothed tiger, etc.

Mouse Form: You can sneak into other player's rooms in this form and learn what their power is. This form is small enough to fit into a jar, though, so try not to get caught. While in this form, you have a posting requirement of "squeak" each paragraph of normal speech, and you are REQUIRED to squeak at least once during the day. 

Celairiel: Lieutenant

Transformation/Powers:

Crocodillian Form: You may kill during the night phase after transforming. The following day you may vote without speaking, if you so choose, which will NOT have a posting requirement. If you speak, whether or not it is in the same post as your vote, you have a posting requirement that you end all your posts with "*Dives back under the water.*". Only one player on your team can transform into killing form each night. You must select the specific type of crocodillian tonight (night 1). eg. Aligator, crocodile, caiman, gharial, etc.

Armadillo Form: You are invulnerable to 75% of attacks while using this form with a locked 25% wariness. If a power exists that changes your wariness, it will change your invulnerability proportionally. This does NOT protect you from execution. While in this form, you have a posting requirement of "*muffled sound*" before each paragraph.

Zilary: New Recruit

Transformation/Powers:

Porcine Form: You may kill during the night phase after transforming. The following day you may vote without speaking, if you so choose, which will NOT have a posting requirement. If you speak, whether or not it is in the same post as your vote, you have a posting requirement of one porcine sound in italics at the end of each paragraph. This can be grunting, oinking, squealing, or clacking. Only one player on your team can transform into killing form each night. You must select the specific type of pig tonight (night 1). eg. Wild boar, hog, etc.

Human Form: You are one of the few with a power while human. You hack into the system and route someone else's transformation through your transmogrifier. All subsequent nights, you will have access to that form. This includes dead players and your teammates, and will not impact the other players. You will always hold the Porcine Form with one other form option. If you turn back to human and use this power again, you will replace the first form you acquired with the new one. Anyone doing the same to you would get a porcine form, but doing this to your teammates would get their secondary non-killing forms.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

I'm exhausted. I've probably never had to type this much in a game.

It's very demoralizing to know you are innocent, reveal everything you know and have to still fight to convince people that you aren't evil. 

Especially when it all started with a Nobody vote on Day 2. If you look at All-Stars, I voted Nobody Day 2 and I died Day/Night 5 as an innocent.

It doesn't help that people don't believe my roles could've existed. Like a Vigilante with a daily night kill instead of one day kill. Or the fact that I was a turtle and it was a coincidence that NPM stated people could be a turtle.

Just because something is "convenient" (a word zodiac used many times to describe my alibi) or a "coincidence" (my own word) does not mean it isn't true. 

And it doesn't mean you shouldn't investigate a person based on substantive evidence instead of your own opinion on what roles should or shouldn't exist.