InuyashaOhki

Werewolf Signups - Inu's Lab

82 posts in this topic

Inu...that was such a great game and I liked the concepts of transformations and rooms a lot.

I had so much fun being a baddie with Cel and Blacjak, and trying not to get caught. No matter how crazy I felt trying to push my way through at the end (my persuasion and manipulation skills need to be worked on a bit more). I thought we were advantageous when I acquired Rex's role so we could have two kills each night instead of one, but I did feel like we might have killed people in not the most beneficial order. I'm always afraid to kill people who speak out against me because if they die, then I feel it was obvious that I targeted them. In retrospect, we should have left Rex and KillerK alive so they could kill off innocents for us, but in then that risk them killing members of The Order of the Claw. I appreciate when the hosts gives the baddie seemingly innocent roles to hide behind, but I know I could've used it a bit better. I find it funny when everyone on thread was like, "so-n-so hasn't posted or talked...they must be a baddie because they usually talk more", which did prove to be true for most part of this game.

Thanks Inu for hosting and I look forward to this transformation mechanic again with a longer game. I didn't realize that my "stuck in Rex's Wolf" mode was only for a single night, so I could've transformed into the piggy that I wanted.

InuyashaOhki likes this

Thank you for the compliments. I really did not know what I was doing at first, and when a few of you thought I was doing it wrong, I tried to adjust for the following day :) Thanks for being patient with me while I worked it out.

Yes on the compliments to Smile. I don't usually recommend a friend pay a no pm game the first time, so I'm so happy she did well and had fun.

I loved the team I was on. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The internet put a major damper on my game. Thanks for hosting the team pm, Inu! That was a big help to be able to reply to them immediately. 

I wish I'd been able to discuss strategies more. The day kill on Sinical I had wanted to go to McClellan because I'd seen her soft claims. I wasn't able to fully express my opinion though, so that was unfortunate.

I loved the transformation concept. My one complaint would be that neither of my forms were remotely innocent. Kill or self protect. I stayed an armadillo the whole game. My bubbles were an attempt to unify my posting requirement in case I ever changed form. Instead it only looked worse. Bad call on my part.

I look forward to your second version, Inu. I'm sure you'll minimize the swingy factors. I also am glad the next one won't be as fast. Good luck at surgery!

InuyashaOhki likes this

Smiletrue1 - I also thought you did great for a first game.  I really wondered if you had a lot of experience from playing somewhere else.  

18 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

Your feeling was correct, you were just handing out limited powers. The transformation was forced, but it was circumvent-able by the one receiving it. 

How would that end up working out for people who sent in a transform for that night? They would transform and do their power -> Transform into whatever shape I selected -> they could then cancel the transform? Or would my transform go first? 

Basically, I was pretty worried about handing something powerful to someone evil, but that was also tied into not understanding that the power curve of this game was a bit higher than I expected. 

1 hour ago, Exiled Phoenix said:

How would that end up working out for people who sent in a transform for that night? They would transform and do their power -> Transform into whatever shape I selected -> they could then cancel the transform? Or would my transform go first? 

Yours was supplanting their power, so it was processed with the TF disable phase at the end. This part I wasn't as clear on as I should have been, and Trajectory needed me to clarify it when he got access to your form. 

Night:

1. They transform.
  2. They do whatever their power is for the night.
  3. Your TF zapping hits them.

Day: 

1. They have a new posting requirement.
  2. They can choose to use the power you gave them or not use it. This lets them change their wariness either way.
  3. They can choose to use their regular transformation power and lose the power you gave them.

Day options repeat until 3 is chosen.

13 hours ago, Neopetsmom said:

Smiletrue1 - I also thought you did great for a first game.  I really wondered if you had a lot of experience from playing somewhere else.  

Nope, just an unusually bold person. I have my own business, and am used to sticking myself out there for things :)

Neopetsmom likes this