InuyashaOhki

Inu's Lab

Swirls of not-copyright-infringing lighting effects flickered around each of the crew who had selected to enter the asteroid. Simultaneously, each faded out of existence, ending the game early by complete annihilation. Oh, wait, that's them appearing now on the asteroid itself, fading back into existence as the matter transporter deposits them in a large amphitheater-style laboratory. Rows of seats surrounded the semi-circle they were now standing on, which was surprisingly clean given Inu's reputation for not cleaning his room (and, you know, being dead for decades). Apparently, his roomba was made to last. Disused lab equipment sat on racks around the room, with only a small podium in the center of the room between the sixteen people. A cheap fog machine churned to life, filling the space above the podium with a cloud of vapor. A blueish hologram projected onto the fog in a way that totally was nothing at all like the one Doctor Light used in the Megaman X series. A bearded, overweight man in a lab coat appeared, staring blankly in one direction where no one happened to be standing. "Welcome." The hologram of Inu said. "If you're seeing this message, I probably died with the lab equipment set in 'werewolf mode'. Sorry about that. You can tell it you're voting 'nobody' to die if you want to all stay alive, but I suppose it's a good way to get rid of getting rid of any of your crew members that double-dip at the office Christmas party. Anyway, I had planned on inviting guests, but I never got around to it. You can stay in the rooms in the hallway behind me. The doorframe will read your mind, determine if you are evil, then shrug internally, and put your name on the door. Come to think of it, I should just make it tell you who's evil. I'm sure I'll remember to do that before I die. I'll put it on my list of to-do items after inventing immortality. If I don't get it done, though, this automated recording of me will help you through eliminating any subversives in your group."

A few quick notes:

• Remember that you MUST vote every day. There is absolutely no power that keeps you from voting. Anyone who fails to vote, I expect the other players to shame them mercilessly for forgetting. Voting is by plurality and Nobody votes are ok. We have plenty of Nobody mice after decades of unchecked breeding.
  • Remember DO NOT CONTACT OTHER PLAYERS. This is a controlled messages game. 
  • If you have a list to submit as part of your role: Submit a list of 5 players. This is a requirement in case your list gets scrambled or people off your list die.
  • Follow any posting requirements you are assigned in your role. 
  • All deadlines are 11PM Central. Day 1 ends Saturday at 11PM, Day 2 ends Sunday at 11PM and so on.
  • Standard Sparkbomb Werewolf rules apply.
  • For more detailed instructions, you can re-read the long version I posted in signups.

Execution 0:

The computer processes the votes so far and executes Nobody Mouse. Nobody Mouse is thrown in a suspended animation chamber and frozen instantly. A quick search of Nobody Mouse's room shows that he had a Transmogrifier in his room set to transform him into a mole. That would be a great form for digging through the artificial dirt floor to investigate any corpses in suspended animation. Guess I'll have to announce that he was Neutral, since no one else can do that now.

(This is just a sample so you know what to expect when you execute.)

Players:

1. Sinical - Killed by a knife on day 3

2. KillerK - Killed by wolf on night 3

3. Blacjak

4. Red

5. Celariel - Executed, day 3

6. Weee - Killed by an animal on night 3

7. Trajectory

8. NeopetsMom

9. Zilary - Executed, day 4

10. Exiled Phoenix - Killed by a knife on night 3

11. Smiletrue

12. Rexozord - Killed by an animal on night 2

13. theZodiac

14. mccraabi

15. Voce Angeli

16. lion wiggles - Killed by an animal on night 1.

Spirits volunteering possess anyone who dares go inactive:

1. Shattered Rift

You may now post. Roles are being sent out.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

First!!

Now going to read the plot. :)

Edit: Vote Nobody because I'm going to be super busy for 48 hours and I don't want to be publicly shamed.

Edited by Celairiel

EDIT: I have sent out all roles. I figured out a workaround for the one person who couldn't receive new messages.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Someone has asked if powers are used the same night as transformation: Yes.

For example, let's say you are the Bus Driver. Day 1, you submit a bus driving list and say you want to transform into your self-driving bus form. Night 1, you transform during the transformation phase and bus drive during the list manipulation phase. Day 2, you honk at the end of every paragraph, and can decide if you want to change back or just keep bus driving.

20 minutes ago, weee5067 said:

I think, from Inu's clarification, we can safely conclude that there are no self-driving buses in this game.

X5U9QAl.png

"And then, 'HONK HONK', the bus honked it's own horn!"

2 hours ago, Exiled Phoenix said:

Are we going to continue to grand tradition of random posts and nobody votes for day 1?

Well, some of us (me, Zodiac, a few others) prefer execution Day 1, but we're in the minority, typically. We could try to get the argument started again, but it will likely be the same points from both sides with no one changing their opinion. On the other hand, our player parity is bad right now, so choosing not to execute won't actually make our clock any worse (unless someone gets a successful protect). On the other hand, I'm expecting most players to be wary on the first few days, so we may not get much information from just sitting around. It'll be interesting to see who has to break out what posting reqs on Day 2, though.

Since there is no private comms I'm not sure what people are expecting other than to try and guess at what posting reqs mean, but that seems like not the best information source. 

I tend to fall on the side of executing Day 1 as well, but that doesn't tend to happen. 

Vote: Lion Wiggles (break a leg, I'm here watching :D)

Present!!!!!

I too am going to be crazy busy for the next 48 hours, moving, etc. So I am going to

vote: nobody 

because I won't have anything to go off of until after I am no longer running around like a chicken with no head and can spend some time reading all the posts!!!!!! :-) 

Votes so far:

Nobody - Cel, KillerK, Exiled Phoenix, Red, Smiletrue, NPM, Lion, Weee, Voce Angeli
Lion - Traj
Not yet voted - Sinical, Blacjak, Zilary, Rexozord, theZodiac, mccraabi

Also, there seems to be some confusion:

- In human form, wariness is at 50% (this is mentioned in the signup thread, but there's a wall of text around it so don't feel bad if you missed it). This is so you don't just hide out in human form hoping to catch things wandering into your room. As I said, fortune favors the bold.

- Transformations and powers can be used in the same night - you transform at the beginning of processing and use your power when it comes up in the processing. 

- Transformations and powers are nightly unless otherwise specified. If you can turn into a self-driving bus, then you can turn into it and stay a bus the whole game, or turn into it and back to human on alternating nights.

Edited by InuyashaOhki