InuyashaOhki

Inu's Lab

Man, I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, I really like the idea of transforming and essentially being a self-watcher...but on the other, I also really like the idea of being able to essentially self-protect. Decisions...

10 hours ago, weee5067 said:

Man, I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, I really like the idea of transforming and essentially being a self-watcher...but on the other, I also really like the idea of being able to essentially self-protect. Decisions...

I really like the idea of transforming and essentially being a self-driving bus.

Vote: Nobody

So the internet isn't going to work at Voce's and mine new apartment until Friday. Just as a warning. We will be playing by phone or at work (as far as we can) all week. Sorry - blame Comcast.

3 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

Night results may be delayed. Real world interruptions of uncertain duration.

Ouch, that's unfortunate. Hopefully everything will get sorted quickly.

2 hours ago, Celairiel said:

So the internet isn't going to work at Voce's and mine new apartment until Friday. Just as a warning. We will be playing by phone or at work (as far as we can) all week. Sorry - blame Comcast.

Yeah, I had Comcast for a while, so I feel your pain.

Also, for the record, Zodiac, voting (and/or executing) at random is just as bad, if not worse, than not executing at all. :P

Vote: Nobody

As it turns out, night processing won't be delayed. 

Votes so far: 

Nobody - Cel, KillerK, Exiled Phoenix, Red, Smiletrue, NPM, Lion, Weee, Voce Angeli, Zilary, Sinical, Blacjak, Rexozord, mccraabi
Lion - Traj
Voce - Zodiac

Everyone has voted. If you've not sent in a power use by 7 minutes from now, you're going to stay human.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

You have elected ununanimously (not a typo) to execute Nobody. Nobody was shoved into cold storage and his room inspected. As it turned out, he had a Mouserciser in his room - a device that played back old tapes of Disney Channel exercise programs (no, really, it was a thing). The device turned him into a slightly lighter mouse.

While everyone was looking up Mousercise on Wikipedia, the computer controlled hologram of Inu began processing what happened that night.

EDIT:

In the morning, robots drag Lion Wiggles' corpse out of his room and shoves him in the suspended animation chamber. He has some sort of vicious claw or bite marks on his throat. It's hard to tell through the little window on the suspended animation chamber. Inspecting his room, a transmogrifier is found, but it doesn't seem to have anything programmed into it yet.

Day 2 has begun.

Night falls at 11PM Central Sunday. Don't forget your posting requirements if you have them. :) 

Edited by InuyashaOhki

1 hour ago, Sinical said:

Rex is likely evil based on that post and previous behaviour.

Would suggest somebody looks into him at some point

Would you care to elaborate on that? I'm curious what makes you think I'm suspect so early on. I've only posted twice (three times now). I'm also not using a power tonight, which you will see evidence of because I won't be subject to any post requirement. I'm fine if someone wants to investigate me, though.

EDIT: Missed the Inu edit while writing. The death scene suggests to me that Lion was an heir or something similar (or potentially a power stealer, but I seriously doubt that).

Edited by Rexozord

22 hours ago, weee5067 said:

OK.  I understand the transforming and being a self-watcher part but don't understand what you mean by self-protecting.  Is that something specific to your role or something that I just totally missed in the rules?  (I enjoy these kinds of non-traditional games but sometimes it takes me awhile to wrap my head around how they work so if I am just being clueless here would appreciate being enlightened).

Vote: Sinical

Just cause his name sounds evil, and he is throwing around accusations so quickly (though this could be because I am a newbie, and don't know his playing style yet, and reserve the right to change this vote)

He could be accusing me as a smoke screen, but I think it's more likely that he's simply playing pro-town and actually thinks I'm suspicious for some reason. He could still be a baddie, mind you, but I'm not overly suspicious of him. I would like to see what exactly it was that made him suspect me.

I think that we'll get a lot of information from posts today, to be honest. I'm not very concerned about not finding someone to execute.

NPM, as far as I understand, wariness can protect (more precisely, block powers aimed at) you and/or give you information about people you "caught" targeting you. I'm not sure why staying in human form would be more beneficial there, though, since you're locked at 50% wariness in human form. Really, the balance is "When I'm transformed, I can either have high wariness and likely catch people targeting me or low wariness and likely get my power off, but I have to deal with a posting requirement if I do." As far as I can tell, the only particular advantage to not transforming would be avoiding the posting requirement.

Yes, I understand this part:

"When I'm transformed, I can either have high wariness and likely catch people targeting me or low wariness and likely get my power off, but I have to deal with a posting requirement if I do."

I just didn't see anything that equaled a self-protection unless of course one's role ability allows one to do that.  That is, I didn't see wariness (or lack thereof) giving us any kind of self-protection (again - unless our role ability does that).

@Rexozord I know voting randomly is no better than voting nobody so buzz off 😄. My vote was simply a vote as we are required to do so and and I get a buzz off it. I was going to bed soon after and wouldn't be on later. The nobody vote was inevitable...

@Neopetsmom from my understanding, if you set your wariness to 100% you can only be killed by an attacker buzzing around on 0% and only if the randomizer goes against you. 

Quoted from Inus's notes:

"Set wariness to 0 if you want to be sure your power succeeds - If you're the wolf with wariness of 0, your target will die (barring protection or 100% wariness), but you won't catch anyone snooping around your room. If it helps to contextualize it, think of it as how focused you are on getting back to your room before anyone messes with your stuff. In the event of 100% wariness against a 0% attack, the result will be decided by randomizer."

Edited by thezodiac

I did a thing and now I have to paint it white,

No colour anymore, I want to turn them white..

This is going to be mildly inconvenient. Anyway, my thing on Rex is just a hunch based on his posts. My hunches are often right but (understandably) never enough for me to convince others to vote for a target. That's why I asked somebody with the power to investigate to target him instead.

Edited by Sinical

Please read below my vote.

vote: exiled

Using a bull###### reason in at an attempt to start an early bandwagon following the other vote on me.

This line is to signify there is more text following my vote in case you somehow missed the first time.

Edited by Sinical