Sign in to follow this  
TheLastStarMaker

Rebels in the Court - Game Thread

...There are Rebels in the Court.

"Ah, yes. Hello. I'm glad you all could make it. I assume you all received the letter, then? Right. I'm Star, in case there was any doubt. Seems there's been some discontent hereabout the Court lately. Rebels not too keen on how the loyalists have been running stuff and offing people in the night in an attempt to gain the upper hand. We've gathered you all here because you're the most influential individuals at court, AND we're absolutely certain the rebels are among your number. Don't look at me like that, look at each other! That's who you'll have to worry about, yeah? ... Funny, isn't it? You probably never would have known if I hadn't told you. That's the catch, that's how good these rebels are! Good enough that their own mother would never know. Well, get on with it, then. This is bound to be some bloody business before all is said and done, but what can you do. Talk amongst yourselves! I'll just be over here if you need me. What? You didn't know? I'm the executioner, that's what! Wasn't like you people wanted all this blood on your hands, eh? That's what I'm 'ere for. You point the fingers, I do the killin'. Simple as that."

Player List:

1. mccraabi - Executed Day Two - Guard
  2. weee5067 - Executed Day Three - Priest
  3. Red - Survived - Handmaiden
  4. smiletrue1 - Survived - Baron
  5. Exiled Phoenix - Executed Day Four - Handmaiden
  6. Trajectory - Killed Night Three - Guard
  7. Blacjak - Killed Night One - Guard
  8. Sinical - Killed Night Two - King

This is a Semi-Open Setup. Semi-Open is a type of game where the moderator has revealed all of the roles and alignments that can possibly be in the game. The exact distribution of these is unknown, but roles/alignments that are not on the list(s) cannot appear in the game.

Possible Alignments:

Rebel
Loyalist
Wildcard

Possible Roles:

These are the cards that make up the game's Deck. Remember that ROLES in this game have NO ALIGNMENT. There may be one or more or none of the follow cards in the Deck. There will be no other cards than those listed. Cards that are discarded will only be shuffled back into the Deck once all the cards have been drawn. No, you will not be informed of when this happens.

• Princess - If you are ever forced to discard this card, you die.
  • Countess - If a Prince or a King is targeted for a Night Kill, you die in their place.
  • King - Reveal this card during the Day to swap it with another player's role card. Only one player may use this card per Day.
  • Prince - You may target a player at Night (you may choose yourself). At the dawn of the next Day, they must discard their role card and draw a new one from the Deck via the Moderator.
  • Handmaiden - You may reveal this card during the Day if targeted by a Day ability in order to block the ability's effect. While holding the Handmaiden, you are immune from the Rebel Night Kill.
  • Baron - You may target a player each Night. If their role card is a Priest or a Guard, they will die. If their role card is a Handmaiden, Prince, King, Countess, or Princess, you will die. If their role card is Baron, nothing happens.
  • Priest - Reveal this card during the Day to target another player. You will receive a PM from me as to that player's role card.
  • Guard - Reveal this card during the Day to target another player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, that player must discard it and will draw a new one from the Deck via the Moderator. Correct guess or not, a Guard card may only be activated once per game.

RULES

• Standard Sparkbomb Werewolf rules apply.
  • Please do not use PMs to contact another player in the game about the game.
  • You must post at least one game-related post per in-game Day that contains more than just your vote (a post about the reason for your inactivity does not count). Failure to do so may result in replacement/modkill at my discretion.
  • Execution is by Plurality. Ties will be decided by RNG.
  • Vote: Nobody/No One is allowed.
  • All Days will be approximately 48-hours in length, with Deadline for Night Lists at 1AM Central. Night Results will be processed as quickly as possible.
  • After Day One, players may Vote: End Day Early at any time before 1AM Central of the first 24-hour cycle of any Day. Requires a Majority Vote to enact. If enacted, 1AM will still act as the Deadline for Night Lists.

ROLE/CARD REVEALS:

Unless otherwise instructed, please refrain from using this color (or even this color) in your posts as it is my color for this game. If a player uses this color (or this color) in their post, you are to assume are using it with my level of authority.

This is how I will be handling Day abilities in the game. If your role card has a Day ability--every card with a Day ability has to be revealed in-thread in order for their ability to be used--I will remind you of this rule in your role PM. When you reveal the name of your card in-thread, you are to do so in the following appropriate format:

I, (Self-Player Name) am revealing my role, (Card Name).

With, for example, the Guard role, they would follow that statement with something like, Target: (Other-Player Name), Guess: (Card Name)

In the case of the Priest targeting a player with the Handmaiden card, I will assume the Handmaiden would rather the Priest only knows of the player with the Handmaiden card and send my PM as soon as I see the Priest announce their intentions in-thread. (The Handmaiden is welcome to reveal their card in-thread to block that ability if they so choose, and the Handmaiden PM from me will ask the player which result they prefer, but the default if I am told nothing will be the Priest receiving their PM about the Handmaiden upon their card reveal in-thread.)

Because card reveals and possible counter-reveals are very important in this game, I am asking that you please follow this rule as I have instructed. This becomes very important for the Handmaiden card, so lying in blue will not be tolerated and I reserve the right to modkill you instantly for doing so. I honestly don't expect to have to do so with this group, but there it is.

PMs have been sent. Day One has begun. Day One will end on October 6th at 1AM Central. You may post.

If you have any questions as to rules or your role, etc. feel free to either PM me or post here in thread and I will answer as I am able.

Edited by TheLastStarMaker

If someone holding the/a Countess card dies, will we be told whether or not they were specifically targeted?

If two (or more) players hold a Countess card, and a Prince/King is targeted for death, do they both (or all) die?

43 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

If someone holding the/a Countess card dies, will we be told whether or not they were specifically targeted?

If a Countess dies because of the imposed replacement/self-sacrifice ability, the Night Result will reflect that specifically.

43 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

If two (or more) players hold a Countess card, and a Prince/King is targeted for death, do they both (or all) die?

Only one Countess death per Night Kill target. If it were to happen that the Countess was in the setup (could be, could not be, remember) AND that more than one Countess existed in the game at the same time (maybe, maybe not), they will die oldest-Countess first, determined by whomever had/has had their card the longest. (And if they have received/ever receive said cards at the same time, I will literally flip a coin lul).

But at this point I'm literally making up conjecture for you, which I'm sure you are capable of doing all on your own. ;P

Okay. From that, I'm going to make the assumption that we do not, at this point in time, have more than one Countess. That's not a lot of information, but it's something.

Normally I'm a proponent of first-day executions. With such a low number of people, though, I'm not certain it's the correct play in this case. I'm assuming there are two Rebels in our midst - if there were three, all it would take would be one mislynch and we'd lose. There may or may not be someone with a Wildcard alignment - I've no idea what that would be. But that's the information I've figured out so far.

Completely unrelated thing that I just thought of, but you are more than welcome to make hard/soft card-claims in thread all you want as to your role card, just make sure you don't do the official/formal reveal structure unless your card allows it and you intend to use said card's ability.

Hurray, another game has started! :)

Since it did just start, I am going to

Vote: Nobody

Because I don't want to forget. Also, this game is a lot smaller, so killing off someone without any information yet doesn't seem like a very good idea.

I'm interested in the results of this. Red has been a huge topic of discussion for the majority of the past two games. His card won't give any indication of his alignment, but it's a start. 

5 hours ago, Trajectory said:

I'm interested in the results of this. Red has been a huge topic of discussion for the majority of the past two games. His card won't give any indication of his alignment, but it's a start. 

I need to take a break for a game or two so people will forget about me. 

Everyone has read their PMs from me at this point, so everyone is here, so to speak.

Vote Tally:

2 Nobody -  Exiled Phoenix, smiletrue1

Not yet voted:

mccraabi, weee5067, Red, Trajectory, Blacjak, Sinical

Day One Deadline: October 5th 1AM Central

I will basically be AFK the rest of this evening because of rehearsal until about 1AM Central. I might have a chance here and there to check in on things on my phone, but my response time will likely be slow.

It's obviously not going to happen tonight, but I would like to remind everyone that you're allowed to Vote: End Day Early before 1 AM Central at any time during the game in order to shorten the usual 48-hour cycle to only 24 hours. It does require a unanimous vote, but with only 8 people if you all want to move the game ahead that shouldn't be too difficult ^-^

Vote Tally:

6 Nobody Exiled Phoenix, smiletrue1, Red, mccraabi, Sinical, weee5067

Not yet voted:

Trajectory, Blacjak

We need some more information. It likely won't matter today, but for the future. 

I, Trajectory, am revealing my role, Guard. Target: Sinical. Guess: Guard.

Thats a random guess, for the most part. In actual Love Letter, the Guard is the most prolific card. I judged them less useful early on, so...

Correct guess or not, a Guard card may only be activated once per game.

Well that was a great use of our one and only guard card use.

Based on how Traj seems to be interpreting that, I think the rule is just that Traj can't use his Guard power again. If another player has a Guard card, they'd still be able to use it.

13 minutes ago, Sinical said:

Correct guess or not, a Guard card may only be activated once per game.

I suppose a better wording is "each/any Guard card," but that is assuming there is more than one in the game, which there may or may not be.

Secondarily:

Trajectory has revealed his Guard card.
Nothing happens.