Sign in to follow this  
TheLastStarMaker

Rebels in the Court - Game Thread

Day One Execution:

"Mm? Wassat? Nobody? Fair enough. Not gonna get you anywhere, though. But I suppose that's none of my business."

Night One Results:

"Look 'ere. Seems yah lost one ah your own last night, loyalists. Found this spear and shield laying near 'em, too. Guard 'e was. Coulda been useful. ... Less useful now."

Blacjak, a loyalist, has died.
He was holding a Guard card.

Day Two has begun. Day Two will end October 8th at 1AM Central. 

Feel free to Vote: End Day Early before October 7th at 1AM if you're prepared to have Day Two end at that time.

((I apologize for the late reply. DnD night. Also, 48-hours is hard to do when 1AM is cut-off, so I apologize for the confusion.))

Edited by TheLastStarMaker

@weee5067 - are you going to use your Priest card again today?

@Red - Real subtle. I'd like to point out I could easily have made Weee discard her Priest card (one of the strongest cards in the hands of an innocent, IMO).

In any case, we probably should have executed yesterday. There's no real "information" to be gleaned at night to wait on, so there's no point in waiting on dreamers or any of that nonsense because there aren't any. Honestly, I have no idea why Blacjak died. I thought for sure either Weee or myself would have been killed off last night.

I wouldn't consider it subtle. I was pretty straightforward, haha.

Just because you have a guard card doesn't mean you should use it. It's the same logic people use against day 1 vigilante kills. (Which to be fair: I'm inclined to use my daykill on Day 1 if I'm the vigilante.)

If you have no clue who to trust in this game, there's no point in targeting people until you do. It only hurts the majority. (Which I'm assuming is the Loyalists)

Well, I think we can probably say that no baddies hold a Baron card, or they would have killed me or Traj last night. Unfortunately, there might not even be a Baron card currently in play, so that might not clear anyone.

Similar deal with Princes. Traj and I were both solid innocent Prince targets (no risk of killing us by discarding our cards, minor benefits to giving us new cards), but awful baddie Prince targets (neither of us currently pose a threat/inconvenience to the baddies, but we might draw problematic replacement cards). Again, there might not even be a Prince card in play, but if anyone's card was discarded overnight, I think that gives us some useful information.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the new posts. I actually just sent Star a PM asking if my Priest card is once-only or once-per-day. While I'm waiting for clarification (it sounds like it should be once-per-day), are there any target suggestions?

Edited by weee5067

I was a Prince and I used it on myself to get a new card.

Since I was Priest'd and I figured I didn't want them telling a Guard who I was.

35 minutes ago, Red said:

I wouldn't consider it subtle. I was pretty straightforward, haha.

Just because you have a guard card doesn't mean you should use it. It's the same logic people use against day 1 vigilante kills. (Which to be fair: I'm inclined to use my daykill on Day 1 if I'm the vigilante.)

If you have no clue who to trust in this game, there's no point in targeting people until you do. It only hurts the majority. (Which I'm assuming is the Loyalists)

In a normal game, maybe. But in this game, the only way to get information on anyone (except post analysis) is going to be to target people.

And you Prince'd yourself to discard your card... because you were afraid of getting Guard'd and forced to discard your card? :unsure:

Edited by Trajectory

Just a heads up: I will be at a rehearsal again tonight. On my phone currently but I will lose service soon. Will check PMs right quick but you won't hear from me again tonight until ~1AM.

1 minute ago, Sinical said:

Okay. Vote analysis it is.

vote: weeeeee

I want to hear everybody's opinion about this vote.  

Well, we know Weee has the Priest card. That's a strong card for the innocents to have, like I said before. As far as whether Weee is actually innocent - I tend to lean yes. I feel like Red is a pretty good Day 1 target for a power like that - I'm not sure I'm sold on whether it was tactically sound to not tell the rest of us what she found if Red was a Prince (since the Prince is safe from any Baron cards lying around) but it seemed like an innocent mindset to leave Red to his own devices. I was considering whether or not Weee and Red were baddies together, but then it becomes a toss-up on which would be more valuable to Weee as a baddie; distancing herself from a teammate early, or trying to lock down what cards other people were holding. Since there's no real reason (that I could see) to do that kind of distancing Day 1, I don't think they're baddies together. Like I said though, I'm surprised Weee didn't die to the nightkill last night. That does tend to worry me a bit.

Summary: I think Weee has been acting innocent. The only "baddie" thing against her at the moment is that she's not dead (which isn't something she can really do anything about, if innocent).

7 minutes ago, Red said:

I just assumed that you die if someone Guard's you. (Since that's how it works in Love Letter)

That's weird...first post in the thread

Guard - Reveal this card during the Day to target another player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, that player must discard it and will draw a new one from the Deck via the Moderator. Correct guess or not, a Guard card may only be activated once per game.

I'm pretty sure you would have read that before the game starts. Card gets discarded, you don't die and it has nothing to do with alignment. 

Edited by Exiled Phoenix

Well...if that's an honest mistake on Red's part, I guess it explains why he equated Traj's Day 1 Guard use with a Daykill...

And I didn't reveal Red's role on-thread because I thought being a Prince might make him a nightkill target. It didn't occur to me that Priest would be a better target, since roles aren't linked to alignment.

I should pay more attention to the first post.

In the card game Love Letter, if a guard guesses you correctly, you lose that round. (So I just presumed that since the Prince is exactly like the card game, the rest were too.) I was wrong.

On that:

How are we supposed to figure out who the rebels are now?

On that:

How are we supposed to figure out who the rebels are now?

Well, vote analysis is still a thing, but only traj has played along so we really have nothing, and further posts saying we have nothing adds well....nothing. 

Edited by Sinical

I don't think vote analysis is as useful as post analysis, and your vote was pretty devoid of content. However, at least you're posting? I think the most suspicious players right now are the ones who haven't said enough to analyze.

Red is correct that in normal Love Letter, a Guard can knock someone out of the game. However, Exile is also correct that it's odd Red wouldn't have read the first post of the game where the card abilities are clearly written out.

People are going to need to start speaking up more if we expect to be able to win this game. Sinical, why did you pick Weee as a vote?