Sign in to follow this  
TheLastStarMaker

Rebels in the Court - Game Thread

My role is one that I'm not interested in using without having any knowledge, so was hoping to wait until something happened. But nothing has happened. I was hoping that other people would use their cards to get some information.. 

5 hours ago, mccraabi said:

But nothing has happened. I was hoping that other people would use their cards to get some information.. 

*Ahem*...

(I'm coughing on Traj's behalf, too.)

8 hours ago, mccraabi said:

My role is one that I'm not interested in using without having any knowledge, so was hoping to wait until something happened. But nothing has happened. I was hoping that other people would use their cards to get some information.. 

What knowledge are you interested in having? This game is going to have to be analysis-based - there are no roles that help with determining someone's alignment.

Vote: Red I'm concerned that Red is faking not having read the rules. He literally just won as an OMT because we talked about him for days but did nothing about him. I'm not willing to make the same mistake.

Are you serious? I literally won as an OMT-turned-innocent after explaining myself for days and being forthcoming about my role and abilities.

I'm not interested in a repeat of the last game bandwagon. I've explained my role. I've explained my mistake about the Guard's abilities. I've played Love Letter in real life and I made assumptions that I shouldn't have. And what benefit is there for me to fake not having read the rules? What benefit would it be to put a marker on my head? There is none.

Your vote has the ill-intent of starting an easy bandwagon on someone who's already claimed their alignment and revealed there role.

Considering I am the only one on thread who has claimed they are a loyalist, This makes me confident that Trajectory is a rebel. If you are a loyalist, you should be voting for Trajectory. If you don't, you will be up for execution as soon as I die as a loyalist. With one loyalist already dead, you can't afford to make a mistake and execute me.

Vote: Trajectory

EDIT: Fixed some grammar.

Also, for the sake of honesty:

I'm a Handmaiden now. So I can't be rebel killed at night. 

Edited by Red

Roles have nothing to do with alignment, saying you're a Loyalist doesn't mean you are (Werewolf is a game about lying), and one vote does not a bandwagon make. Your immediate backlash after receiving one vote makes me think you're panicking. My vote stands.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, Trajectory said:

Right, that. In any case, if there's a Prince card in play, you can target me tonight. 

What card do you hold currently that you are trying to get rid of? Seems to me like maybe your seeking too much power.

1 minute ago, smiletrue1 said:

What card do you hold currently that you are trying to get rid of? Seems to me like maybe your seeking too much power.

...The Guard card that I used yesterday that is now useless? Did anyone bother to read the first post besides Weee and Sinical?

1 minute ago, Trajectory said:

...The Guard card that I used yesterday that is now useless? Did anyone bother to read the first post besides Weee and Sinical?

Oh, I guess I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around what all of the roles are able to do. I wasn't under the impression that the card became useless after using it.

On 10/3/2016 at 7:21 PM, TheLastStarMaker said:

Guard - Reveal this card during the Day to target another player and guess which role card they have. If you are correct, that player must discard it and will draw a new one from the Deck via the Moderator. Correct guess or not, a Guard card may only be activated once per game.

Yep. Multiple guard cards in the game, but since they don't get discarded after use they can only be used once.

10 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

Roles have nothing to do with alignment, saying you're a Loyalist doesn't mean you are (Werewolf is a game about lying), and one vote does not a bandwagon make. Your immediate backlash after receiving one vote makes me think you're panicking. My vote stands.

I quote Traj below:

"

He literally just won as an OMT because we talked about him for days but did nothing about him. I'm not willing to make the same mistake."

1. Traj claims that I won as an OMT despite you guys doing nothing about it. I won as an innocent. And I came forward Day 2 with my role. Just like this game.

2. Traj doesn't want to make the same mistake. What mistake is this? Failing to execute me last game for multiple days, allowing us to win the game instead of executing an innocent?

Trajectory is leaving out key information to make his own narrative. If you like being manipulated, go ahead and vote for me. 

If you are smart, like I think you all are, you'll vote for Trajectory.  

The option is between voting for Red, who has been forthcoming with his alignment and both roles I've had so far and your other option is Trajectory, who made a vote with the intention of starting a bandwagon and used purposely wrong statements to spin a narrative to vote for me. This is exactly like last game. And like last game, I am innocent/loyalist.

If Traj is going to use statements about previous game, he should at least try to be accurate. But remember: baddies don't aim for accuracy. They just want someone to die. And they want to make it seem like they had a good reason.

Really, Red? You didn't just win a game as an OMT? Really?

Final Vote Tally:

Red: 2 - Red, Zilary

Rox: 2 - Star, Rox

You have another tie to resolve. Once again, I'll call upon the Frequency... and it says that Red is the Regent. Red used Regent Kill on Rox. He was the Frequency Jammer, capable of stopping others from using powers for a time. His frequency was Blue.

During the night, Star was removed from the Frequency. She was the Signal Booster, capable of helping or hindering others based on their frequency. Her frequency was Red.

Upon the dawn, Red looked around and saw that only Zilary remained alive. He quickly removed her from the Frequency, leaving him alone, the Frequency Unity.

First Place: Red, the Frequency Unity

Second Place: Innocents

Third Place: Frequency Bandits

On 10/3/2016 at 11:21 PM, Trajectory said:

If someone holding the/a Countess card dies, will we be told whether or not they were specifically targeted?

If two (or more) players hold a Countess card, and a Prince/King is targeted for death, do they both (or all) die?

Rereading this post makes me think Trajectory is innocent. For me, the reason is simple: why would a baddie put a spotlight on themselves by asking death-related questions in their first post?

Trajectory's attempt to vote me is poorly supported and an obvious attempt to start a bandwagon. 

However, I'm not completely convinced I'm right about him as he seems to be about me. 

Unvote: Trajectory

I don't have a good choice for who I'd like to execute. But I do think Trajectory has a 70% chance of being a Loyalist and I'm not willing to take those odds.

I do implore you not to vote for me, because I am a loyalist.

Vote: mccraabi

I'm bothered by what she's said today - it seems like she's trying to make us feel more helpless and information-less than we actually are. It's also weird that she's giving an excuse for not using her role instead of making an effort to find a way to use it. (And no, she's not a Baron, so it's not like she's sitting on a daykill.)

I've already believed that Wee was a loyalist from her actions concerning keeping my Prince-hood a secret.

I believe this last post confirms it in my mind. A baddie would almost always rather join a bandwagon already started, like the vote for me, than offer an alternative.

My list for now:

Loyalists: Wee, Red, Trajectory (I'm not certain. But more likely than not.)

If a better choice for execution does not come up within an hour or two and I do not find a better choice after reading through the thread again: I will vote for Mccraabi.

I am still suspicious of Red for having not read the first post. He doesn't seem the type to not get whatever information he could get, which would mean he's being misleading for some reason.

I'm going to nap. There's no guarantee I will wake up in time for execution so this will be my final vote.

Vote: MCRaabi

And my thoughts below:

I'm a loyalist. I think Wee and Trajectory are as well. I think Exiled is a rebel. Between me, Traj and MCRaabi, I'm willing to vote for MCRaabi. Probably a 2/3 chance.

I can be wrong about everything except my own alignment.   If you are a rebel, please feel free to vote for me or attempt to kill me tonight.

edit: Bolding vote

Edited by Red

I'm going to leave my vote on Red, I think. If you're going to vote for someone to save yourself, there's no reason not to say you're doing so. Red's jump onto Mccraabi right after Weee voted for her looks bad considering that one of the primary reasons he had against me earlier was "attempting to start a bandwagon".

37 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

I'm going to leave my vote on Red, I think. If you're going to vote for someone to save yourself, there's no reason not to say you're doing so. Red's jump onto Mccraabi right after Weee voted for her looks bad considering that one of the primary reasons he had against me earlier was "attempting to start a bandwagon".

This is a poor argument. And unlike you: I'm willing to reevaluate my votes. You might still think I'm a rebel, but I don't think you are. 

It's a poor argument because the situations are different. I know I'm a loyalist. So from my perspective, it is in my best interest to move execution from me to McRaabi. It does help that I agree with Wee's reasoning. Am I bandwagoning? Yes.

I'm guessing that there are 2-3 rebels and 5-6 loyalists. My best guess is that there are 2 rebels and 6 loyalists. With on dead, if I die to execution tonight and another loyalist is killed during the night, than we are going to be down to 4 loyalists and 2 rebels. This will not be good.

Beyond that, I have probably the most powerful role in the game for a Loyalist to have, the Handmaiden which cannot be night killed.

The only way the Rebels can kill me is through execution.

So it'd be great if we didn't throw the game by letting people push an execution through on me.

13 minutes ago, Exiled Phoenix said:

Vote: Red

He's acting pretty sketchy. 

I can't exactly defend against "sketchy"  You've got me there?

Your arguments are hinged on a close observation of people; that's inconsistent with the aforementioned "I don't know how the cards work" moment. You never really explained it except by saying "oh yeah, guess I forgot to read the post that revealed every possible card in the game". I don't think you're that unobservant to miss that large a chunk of information.

Vote Tally:

1 weee5067 - Sinical

2 Red - Trajectory, Exiled Phoenix

2 mccraabi - weee5067, Red

Not yet voted:

smiletrue1, mccraabi

Day Two Deadline ~3 hours.

5 hours ago, weee5067 said:

I'm bothered by what she's said today - it seems like she's trying to make us feel more helpless and information-less than we actually are. It's also weird that she's giving an excuse for not using her role instead of making an effort to find a way to use it. (And no, she's not a Baron, so it's not like she's sitting on a daykill.)

I really don't have a clue, but this seems like a more legitimate argument than the one against Red for now, especially since Red is acting consistently like he did during the last game when it turned out he was innocent.

Edited by smiletrue1

Final Vote Tally:

1 weee5067 - Sinical

2 Red - Trajectory, Exiled Phoenix

3 mccraabi - weee5067, Red, smiletrue1

Day Two Execution:

"Finally decided on someone, eh?" 

Star draws the rapier from her side and pierces mccraabi through the heart. Mccraabi slumps to the ground, dropping their spear and shield taking in their final breath and gasping out, "Long...live...the throne."

"Ah. Well. Not a right choice was that one, then, yeah? Not for you loyalists anyway."

mccraabi, a loyalist, has died.
They were holding a Guard card.

Night results pending...

Edited by TheLastStarMaker

O.O Glad to hear she's alright. I feel as if getting to a computer is definitely the least of one's worries in that situation.

Execution has been updated. If no one else posts, this post will be updated with Night Results.

Night Two Results:

"Look 'ere. Seems yah lost one ah your own last night, loyalists. Found the crown and robes in bloody disarray. Literally. King 'e was. Seems fitting he was on your side, I suppose."

Sinical, a loyalist, has died.
He was holding a King card.

Day Three has begun. Day Three will end October 10th at 1AM Central. 

Feel free to Vote: End Day Early before October 9th at 1AM if you're prepared to have Day Three end at that time.

Edited by TheLastStarMaker