Sign in to follow this  
TheLastStarMaker

Rebels in the Court - Game Thread

Hey everyone, sorry for missing the vote. I was traveling this weekend, and mixed up which day I needed to make sure I was on to vote.

Anyways... this is very intimidating, because either I am right about who is the baddie, or I am wrong, and this is it.

I think I am going to vote for Exiled though, because Red is acting very much like he did in the last game when it turned out he was innocent, while in the game that he was not innocent, he was more quiet. Also, it seems very strange to me that Exiled kept throwing a lot of suspicion my way without any arguments to back up his suspicions towards me.

Vote: Exiled

Vote: End Early Day

The argument toward Smile was that two separate people (Traj and Red) both included you on their list of "likely evil people". I don't know why Red has suddenly gone off of that, but I'm beginning to think more and more that he is the OMT. It's also suspicious to me that smile missed a vote and wasn't replaced - that normally only happens when there is some proof of activity from elsewhere, like sending a night list. 

I don't see why Smile would vote for McRaabi instead of me on Day 2 if Wee and Smile were teammates. Them both voting for the same person would not make sense especially so early on, and especially with the knowledge that McRaabi was a loyalist. 

My vote will not change. I've read the thread and groupies multiple times last night/this morning and I'm confident in my choice.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I've come to my conclusions.

You can wait an extra day or you can vote to end day early. You can try to change Smile's mind. But I won't be changing mine. 

I still think it's suspicious that Red, with all of this attempt to build a logical structure, missed a key bit in the beginning about how the game mechanics work. It's very out of character for the innocent leader he's trying to portray. As to why I didn't push that suspicion yesterday, it's simple. Rather than trying to force through my first choice, and possibly deadlock the votes, I tried to point out a spot where the two most active people's analyses overlapped in the interest of achieving a majority. Since a majority was going to form cleanly on wee anyway, I went with that instead, but ultimately I still don't trust Red. He bandwagoned once to save his life, and he's consistently directed attention away from himself. Honestly, I think I'm the last loyalist left, with Smile as the rebel and Red as the OMT. Which means that me dying would lead to loyalists in 3rd place, whereas voting for Red puts us in 2nd place, which is slightly better. So with that, I 

Vote: Red

Ultimately, if smile decides that Red posting a bunch of stuff to try and throw attention off himself is enough to vote for me instead, then that's that and I can't stop my execution. Sucks that I slept in this morning and so couldn't get a post out before the bandwagon started on me. 

Unvote: End Day Early

You only have 7 minutes.  I figure you might want more time. So I'll stop the Day from ending tonight. If you want it to end, just post so in the next few minutes and I'll re-vote. 

EDIT: Also, you unvoted Red, not Exiled. So your vote is still on Exiled, lol. 

Edited by Red

Oh, your right,

Unvote: End Day Early

Unvote: Exile

Edit:

Okay, I have re-read the entire thread about 3 times now, and here is what I came up with.

Exile:

Reasons for being evil:

1. Exile did wait a long time to vote for Weee.

2. He has been pushing a Red execution since the first day, with his only real argument being that Red misread the game rules, and therefore must be evil. (I disagree with this logic, especially since I know I did a little bit of that too :P, and that was why I voted the other way that day)

Reasons for being good:

1. Exile only pushed to end Red the whole time, and only until the rest of the village was leaning heavily towards Weee, did he change his mind. He stayed consistent, and until the rest of the village was ready to turn elsewhere, did he turn. The reason I think this may point to him being good is because he didn't just jump onto any other bandwagon of Loyalist executions when they were presented.

Red:

Reasons for being evil:

1. The very first day, Weee targeted Red with her ability, and then Red casually got rid of his card because it had been discovered, to which Weee then 'confirmed' that he had the card he claimed. And then he immediately revealed his 'new' card. This is not consistent behavior, even with not understanding the rules (and if the argument had been presented this way, I likely would have voted him Day 2 instead of mccraabi)

2. There was also a moment when it seemed that Weee was warning her teammate to be careful to not sound suspicious.

3. Also, it is highly suspicious that Weee would apologize in the groupies to Red, supposedly hoping to get him to vote for Traj, when she was the one that had changed the vote towards mccraabi. Red could have just as easily have voted along with Sinical towards Weee that 2nd day to save himself as well, but instead sided with Weee.

4. Traj was also pushing for a Red execution during day 2, and was killed off on Night 3.

Reason for being good:

1. He is acting consistently like he did in the last game where it turned out he was innocent.

I am not going to vote to end the day early, but right now, I am leaning towards a Red vote, since his reasons for being evil seem more damning than Exile's.

Vote: Red

Edited by smiletrue1

Hmm. I didn't expect this.

I could've let the game end with a majority vote on Exile. 

Instead I delayed it another day for your benefit. If I was evil, I'd have just finished the game. I didn't because I'm not.

Exile not voting for McRaabi makes sense. It splits him and Wee from each other so they don't look suspiciously like teammates.

Exile not wanting to vote for Weee, trying to convince us to vote for you (a loyalist) instead. Ends up voting for Weee because you never got on and he had no other option. If he didn't vote for Weee, it would be even more obvious that he's evil.  I voted for Wee as soon as groupies convinced me. I could've continued to vote for Exiled and at the time and tried to convince you to do the same. I didn't.

I made it very clear early on that I thought Weee was innocent, Trajectory was evil and that it was possible Exiled was evil as well. At the same time, Trajectory also believed Wee was innocent until she continued to avoid death. As soon as I looked at Traj's first post, I realized he was a loyalist and made it very clear on thread. As soon as I realized Wee was evil, I voted for her.

The day 2 reveal of my role (Prince and then Handmaiden) was consistent with my belief that a Guard would kill someone if their role was guessed correctly. I was wrong in this belief. But that is how the Guard works in the actual card game Love Letter. I've made this abundantly clear.

Trajectory and I both voted for Wee, a rebel. Exiled hesitated because he's evil. You never showed up to vote and give him an alternative, so he had to vote for Wee to protect himself. Exile had the choice of killing you or Trajectory, since I'm a handmaiden. Trajectory's posts before he died definitely gave off the vibe he was suspicious of Exiled's posts where Exiled wanted us to execute Smile (you) instead of Weee because Trajectory and I both agreed you could be evil.

If I was evil, I'd have voted with Exiled to kill you instead of Weee. I didn't. I voted to kill Weee, a rebel.

And then that night if I was evil, I'd have killed Trajectory, and the game would be over with me and Weee both alive.

I have had abundant chances to not vote for Weee and I voted for Weee immediately once I realized she was evil. 

Exiled dillydallied, ignored his previous multi-day crusade against me and wanted us to vote for you instead of Weee (which we now know was a rebel) 

I could've allied with Exiled and voted to execute you instead of Weee. With you not showing up, you'd have died to execution and me and Weee as rebels would've won the game. If I was a rebel, this game would be over. I would have won already. It's not over because I'm a loyalist.

Okay, I guess I will change my vote since you were being so nice and courteous.

I was hoping that Exile would get on and say something more, but since he didn't.....

Unvote: Red

Vote: Exile

@smiletrue1, I mean, what is there to say? He's just repeating what he said previously, throwing up a bunch of stuff that only works if you start from the assumption that he is a confirmed innocent, which he isn't. Everything he's been saying about scenarios, etc, are all predicated on the idea that he is a confirmed innocent. Which, as I will repeat, is not the case. In these games I tend to try to get people as a group moving in one direction, so when I saw the chance for there to be a split between two viewpoints, I pointed out what was the overlap, which both of them missed apparently. When they settled on a different option anyway, I went with that because I felt it was strong enough to go with. Same with dropping the suspicions of Red for a day. Harping on it during that day would have done nothing except possibly swing the execution off the target and onto someone else, or maybe force a 50/50 split. Neither one is worth it for the town in my opinion. 

The entirety of the argument against me from Red is "He didn't rush to judgment as fast as I wanted, so he must be evil!". Again, this is all relying on the assumption that Red is a confirmed innocent, which he is not. If I was evil, why wouldn't I have forced a split vote when Wee was up for execution? Pull the 50/50 chance for victory that night instead of going along with the town. Again, I solidified the execution on the rebel, when I had the chance to throw it into a tie. Why would I do that if I was evil? The two things Red has built this whole idea of "Exile must be evil!" is that I wasn't fully sure about wee, even though I locked in that execution, and that I temporarily did not bring up that I thought he was suspicious.   

Edited by Exiled Phoenix

I've stated everything there is to say. I've reviewed every point and replied to them.

If Exile is executed, loyalists will win. We will win.

If I am executed, the rebels win. Exiled will win.

If you decide to change your vote again, more power to you. I'm cool with winning or losing because I know Exiled is a rebel. And even if he wins, I will know I was right. 

I am truly befuddled here. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out both Red and Exile are evil. One the OMT and the other part of the Rebel Team, which means I have to pick my poison.

I think I will just leave my vote as is.

Final Vote Tally:

2 Exiled Phoenix - Red, smiletrue1

1 Red - Exiled Phoenix

Day Four Execution:

"Decided on another? Alright, then."

Drawing the rapier from her side as all nights before, Star approaches Exiled Phoenix, who looks her directly in the eye as she closes the distance. Giving him a tiny shrug, something passes between them just as she raises the weapon and he nods, asserting with an inward strength: "Never give up--" as the tip of the rapier passes into his body, through his heart with relative ease and he drops to the ground, choking on his words as it slides back out, "...never...surrender..." 

Star bends over his body, seeing something peeking out of his pocket.

It was a kerchief.

"Three drops of blood on this." She murmurs almost to herself. "A token of protection. Wonder why he had it...?" 

Exiled Phoenixa rebel, has died.
He was holding a Handmaiden card.

END GAME:

Well, looks like it turned out all right for you loyalists after all. What's left of you anyway. They nearly got you there at the end, but you held your ground. Good fight all around. You've done the hierarchy proud. Until next time,

Regally yours,

The Last of the Star Makers,
Empress of
[redacted]

WINNERS:

Loyalists

The game is over. Please move any further posting to the Signup/Graveyard thread.

Edited by TheLastStarMaker