Blacjak

Gunslingers

307 posts in this topic

This game is becoming more like the quick and dead with each new post. Rift if you are gunning for me or Cel, your hand better be near your holster because mines already is do I challenge you to a duel as well. 

Rock, you can only challenge one person to a duel at a time. And you're going to be locked into your duel with Cel until the end of tomorrow.

@Rexozord

I agree that it may not be very beneficial to role claim, at this point. But, I don't think it would hurt anything.

It would still be necessary for the baddie team to come up with something, if they haven't already. So, there could still be an opportunity to catch someone in a lie. Maybe. Though, I'm not sure what benefit there is besides catching someone in that lie.

What do we have to gain other than that? I don't really know how important it is knowing anyone's role in this game. It seems that the important one is covered.

Also... I find Rockthefox's persona to be fantastic. I'm not sure if it's a ploy or not, but it's great nonetheless.  Very enjoyable. 

I am currently in the middle of a Harry Potter Marathon. I may be on here and there tonight. I will try to get on at least twice to check in. Promise. :)

Edited by lion wiggles
Dumb
RocktheFox likes this

1 hour ago, Rexozord said:

Honestly, it's in her best interest to give her bullet to Sinical tonight if she is not planning on dueling Rock.

I overlooked this possibility. That's absolutely the better choice (barring knowledge/reasons otherwise).

4 minutes ago, lion wiggles said:

It would still be necessary for the baddie team to come up with something, if they haven't already. So, there could still be an opportunity to catch someone in a lie. Maybe. Though, I'm not sure what benefit there is besides catching someone in that lie.

What do we have to gain other than that? I don't really know how important it is knowing anyone's role in this game. It seems that the important one is covered.

Considering how slow-going this game is, I'm going to agree with this logic. On the other hand, I may be overvaluing consistent targets given the ability of dead players to verify/refute claims.

We gain coordination, depending on what powers are available. We also get to shoehorn baddies into making plays that benefit us and are non-optimal for them, again assuming that powers aren't explicitly self-serving. I would assume that at least a few (if not several) are not. I also disagree with Rex that the baddies have had sufficient time to plan out claims. Creating believable claims is moreso a matter of knowledge than about preparation. With that in mind, if a full claim route is decided, I would recommend that Sinical declare an order for players to claim in. This would probably result in a high chance of at least one baddie making a poor claim that doesn't fit.

There is a whole plot to this my friend, but I've seen way to many bond movies to give my full plan away but what I can tell you is that there are seven targets and the key in all this was Inu because it is his analysing skills that I need to get a better look at all the variables and my quote about over analysing was what I needed to know his full position so that is why I have resorted to protecting him from Cel. And I doest matter now that I am telling you this because my next move is already in motion. 

Sooo.... Rock sounds like he's on a team with someone. And I don't know if it's all just his character. But I think it warrants consideration.

I have not chosen to flee, but I have not officially accepted his challenge yet. I am inclined to do so, because of his behavior, and because I have no ability to learn anything about anyone through non-thread methods, so I want to do something that will begin generating information and discussion on more than just hypothetical. Two challenges have been issued, one has been replied to. I think I want to see how a duel plays out.

Please explain why giving my only bullet to Sinical is my best move?

Edit: nevermind. I get it. I have to duel, shoot someone (who I'm undecided on), or lose my bullet. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to duel. Just gonna think it over while I tidy up.

Edited by Celairiel

8 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

Sooo.... Rock sounds like he's on a team with someone. And I don't know if it's all just his character. But I think it warrants consideration.

I have not chosen to flee, but I have not officially accepted his challenge yet. I am inclined to do so, because of his behavior, and because I have no ability to learn anything about anyone through non-thread methods, so I want to do something that will begin generating information and discussion on more than just hypothetical. Two challenges have been issued, one has been replied to. I think I want to see how a duel plays out.

Please explain why giving my only bullet to Sinical is my best move?

Edit: nevermind. I get it. I have to duel, shoot someone (who I'm undecided on), or lose my bullet. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to duel. Just gonna think it over while I tidy up.

An indecisive action is good for me right now just as much as choosing to feel because I really don't really want to use my bullet right now. And as for a team well right now I'm just the Lone Ranger but I might be teaming up with Tonto later if fate wills it. 

10 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

Thought it through. I Accept your duel.

To be clear, this duel will not happen until tomorrow because Rock challenged you after the 12 hour cut-off for duels.

I was hoping you would. You would of take more time to accept or flee the duel if I said that accepting it wouldn't of mattered and it really does and while it will take till tomorrow to do that give me enough time to set the rest of variables together so in metaphorical sense I will take taking down seven targets with one bullet.;)

Rex, got it. Thanks for the reminder. Either way, I'm in a duel now. Unless you all gang up and kill one of us, I suppose.

4 hours ago, Rexozord said:

although now that I think about it, because this game is so much about resource management, that might not be a good strategy here

It's a worse idea in this game, but it's bad for the same reason in most games. A neutral on a leash is a powerful tool for the innocents. The deny/dodge was an attempt at strategic humor. I knew you would do one of those three, and giving people a small chuckle makes something memorable. If you dodged the question, it would be easier to point out, and with it in your own mind, it was less likely you'd dodge the question and forces you to reply in a way that we can analyze. Unfortunately, I don't think I really got anything from it, but I'm not in a good mental state right now (see below).

Rift: I'm not much of a gamer. I know League of Legends exists, and you have something about "champions" and I think Broloff is a character in it. Beyond that, I'd have had better luck translating it if you wrote it in a random dead language. I'm fine with what I revealed, though. Given what you've said already about your role, I'm pretty sure you can guess my role. 

Blac: I hate to ask this, but please advertise for replacements for me. I'm getting very sick very fast and it's taken all I have in me to make this coherent (At least, I hope it's coherent. My boss said my email earlier wasn't.). I'll try to hang on as long as I can, but I don't want to drag the game down by going inactive suddenly.

@Rexozord openly answering my question won't be a problem if it's fine with you.

and I didn't give anybody a bullet beyond the deputising..

6 minutes ago, Sinical said:

@Rexozord openly answering my question won't be a problem if it's fine with you.

and I didn't give anybody a bullet beyond the deputising..

C: Obviously related to a traditional role, and similar strength.

Also, you got my question backwards. I was wondering if someone gave a bullet to you on Day 2.

Oh, reading is hard.

I think I'm going to avoid answering that unless I have any real reason to do so, sorry. But thanks for the answer. Interesting results between the three.

32 minutes ago, InuyashaOhki said:

I'm not much of a gamer. I know League of Legends exists, and you have something about "champions" and I think Broloff is a character in it. Beyond that, I'd have had better luck translating it if you wrote it in a random dead language.

That was part of the point. Sinical wanted Rex to answer in a way that only Sinical (and incidentally Traj) would understand while the rest of us were left clueless.

Dang, Inu. I hope you get to feeling better. I have been on the verge of either the flu or strep, myself. It's not fun.

I am worried slightly about Rockthefox. Trying to duel two people at once is great, but I hope it isn't a sign of what's to come. I do believe action is a good thing, but not by literally fighting everyone. Especially, everyone at once. ;)

@RocktheFox Be careful, mate. 

5 hours ago, lion wiggles said:

Dang, Inu. I hope you get to feeling better. I have been on the verge of either the flu or strep, myself. It's not fun

Thanks. Last night I was shaking and having trouble focusing on the words. My fever is higher this morning, but I'm not shaking and I don't feel like I'm struggling to make sense. 

I'm fairly certain Rock is just overeager, but if he wins the duel and then challenges and wins another, he'd definitely be someone for the group to target. I'm one of the most active three players (with Rock the fourth most active), and I'm only likely to win one duel, mostly because of my deputation from Sinical. I'd be suspicious of anyone more powerful than that.

Have faith Lion for just like the miraculous win of Hibs winning the Scottish cup after 114 years which really is miraculous lol I will win the duel but even if I am struck down I will become more powerful then you can imagine because I will just come back and avenge my death like Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter :D

Edited by RocktheFox

Gosh darnit, I can't seem to stay awake to finish updating.

IT'S HIIIIIIGH NOOOOON!

Since I was so late today I'll extend the cycle. Good job on activity btw.

Next High Noon will occur at 3am Tuesday the 1st.

Player 1 2 3
1. Sinical 2 5 4
2. Inu 5 4 3
3. Cel 1 3 5
4. Traj 1 2 3
5. Rex 5 5 5
6. Rift 3 3 5
7. Rock 3 1 5
8. Lion 1 2 2
9. Zilary 1 1 2
  22 26 34

This time around, Sinical points at Cel.

"Yer up pardner!"

Sinical hands Cel a Bullet and a Badge. Cel is now a Deputy.

The town seemed to be much more active today than in the past. Everyone crowded along the sides of Main Street to watch the Duel between Sinical and Rift. However, Rift was no where to be seen.

A Wild Rift has Fled the Duel.

Just as the crowd was dispersing, a shot CRACKED through the air like the sound of thunder and someone yelled out in pain. Popping out of a barrel, Rift appears with a gaping hole in his left arm, bleeding like the contents of the container that sheltered him. First blood has been drawn.

Rift was shot!

Thanks, guys.

Based on the information available to me, I strongly support a full claim.

Edited by Shattered Rift

I got some information, since I had the Fame to do so. (It isn't super helpful information, so I'm going to hold onto it until midday or so.)

Feel better, Inu. :/